Nowadays, hair loss is a common hair problem that many people in the world suffer from. There are some factors behind hair loss including aging, environmental effects, stress, excessive smoking, hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, genetic factors, scalp infections, use of chemically-enriched or wrong hair products, medications and some medical conditions like autoimmune diseases, thyroid disorder, polycystic ovary syndrome, chronic illnesses and iron-deficiency anemia.
When you have hair loss problem, you should look for a natural home remedy that works without causing any side effect. According to hair experts, there are about 100,000 hair strands on the scalp and losing less than 100 hair strands every day is normal. If you lose more than that, it shows that you are facing hair loss and you need to take some actions to prevent the baldness or bald spots. However, you can prevent hair loss in its tracks with these following home remedies.
In this article, I will cover reveal some of the natural hair loss treatments in details. If you want to know more about hair care facts, you should spend time reading this entire article and then try to follow one or more of these natural hair loss treatments as soon as possible, especially if you want to get rid of hair loss at home.
List Of The Natural Hair Loss Treatments – Top 30 Home Remedies
1. Hair Loss Treatments – Hair Oil Massage
The first step that you can do to reduce your hair loss is massaging the scalp and hair with some certain hair oils. Proper hair and scalp massage can help to increase the blood flow to your hair follicles, nourish the hair scalp and boost the strength of the roots of your hair. Also, it will boost relaxation and reduce your stress.
You can use some hair oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, amla oil, castor oil, etc. Add some drops of rosemary oil to a base oil for faster and better results. Some other types of oil you can make use are argan oil, emu oil and wheat germ oil. Massage your hair and scalp with any of the oils as I mentioned above by applying gentle pressure with your fingertips. Repeat this treatment at least once a week to prevent baldness.
Read More: 53 Best Natural Home Remedies For Baldness
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil brings some benefits for your hair. It not only promotes the hair growth, but it also conditions it. Coconut oil contains essential fats, proteins and minerals that help to reduce hair fall and is also high in iron and potassium. You can use coconut oil to prevent hair loss by taking the following steps:
How to use:
- At first, you warm a little coconut oil and then massage it from the hair root to the hair tip.
- Wash it off after an hour.
- Alternatively, you can grate a coconut and take out its milk by blending it in a bit of water.
- Then, you apply it on the area where you can see balding or thinning.
- Let the oil stay overnight and then rinse it off the next morning.
- Repeat this process once a week.
Actually, coconut oil is one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should make use if you want to treat your hair loss naturally.
Learn More: Top 22 Natural Oils For Hair
Another one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should know must include garlic. Garlic also contains high content of sulphur. This is a reason why it is advised to use in traditional medicines to boost hair growth. Also, you may be surprised to know the health and beauty benefits of garlic.
How to use:
- You crush some cloves of garlic
- Then, you add coconut oil to this and boil it for a couple of minutes
- Allow it to cool down and then massage it on the hair scalp
- Leave it on for half an hour and then rinse it off
- Repeat this process twice a week.
Avocados have lots of minerals and vitamins that can nourish your hair strands and help get rid of dryness and hair loss. A mask made of mashed avocados can be used on your hair. Then, you leave it on for 45 minutes before rinsing. Repeat this process once a week to get a positive result. Also, avocado can also be combined with banana to make other masks for the same solution.
Learn More: Top 19 Natural Masks For Hair Care
5. Chinese Hibiscus
Another one on the list of natural hair loss treatments that you should not skip out must include Chinese hibiscus. The Chinese hibiscus flower contains many properties that can help to nourish the hair, prevent premature graying, control hair fall as well as treat dandruff.
How to use:
- You crush some flowers and mix coconut oil or sesame oil to make a paste.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and hair and allow it sit on for several hours.
- Wash it off with cold water with the help of a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this several times a week. You can also make a hibiscus tea and use it as a rinse for the hair to boost your hair growth.
6. Hair Loss Treatments – Egg
Egg contains several ingredients that can help to prevent or control hair loss. It is also a high source of sulphur, phosphorous, iodine, selenium, zinc and protein. All of these ingredients promote hair growth.
How to use:
- You take the egg white and mix it in 1 tsp. of olive oil to get a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste to your entire scalp and hair
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with cool water and a gentle shampoo.
In fact this is actually one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should not look down, but try to follow this home remedy as soon as possible.
7. Onion Juice
Onion is known as a rich source of sulfur that can help with hair growth by increasing the production of collagen, improving blood circulation to the follicles and regenerating hair follicles. In a 2002 study, scientists showed that people who applied onion juice on the hair and scalp experienced a hair regrowth. Besides, the antibacterial properties found in onion juice can also kill germs and parasites as well as treat scalp infections that are cause of hair loss.
How to use:
- You chop one onion and take out its juice
- Apply the onion juice on the scalp and hair and allow it to stay for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo and allow your hair to air-dry.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week to get the best results.
- Alternatively, you can mix 3 tbsp. of onion juice, 1 tbsp. of olive oil and 2 tbsp. of aloevera gel together.
- You apply this mixture onto the hair and scalp and leave it on your hair for at least half an hour before washing it off and shampooing the hair.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week for a couple of weeks.
- Note: Be careful when you apply the onion juice to your hair. If the onion juice gets into the eyes, rinse them off with cold water. Although it is not harmful to the eyes, onion juice can result in a burning sensation and discomfort.
Read More: 15 Best Natural Home Remedies For Hair Fall
It is mainly used as a natural hair conditioner or color, but it also contains properties that can help to strengthen the hair from the root. In case you use it mixed with other ingredients, it can make a better hair pack. If you want to get a beautiful hair, follow these natural henna hair packs.
How to use:
- You have 250ml of mustard oil and add 60g of dried henna leaves.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and then filter the oil
- Then, you massage your scalp with this mixture regularly and store the rest in a bottle.
- Alternatively, you can try another henna pack by combining dried henna powder with curd.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and hair and then rinse it off after 60 minutes.
9. Lemon Juice
Lemons are great astringents. They can help tighten the pores in the scalp, thus controlling hair loss. If you have oily hair, make a lemon juice rinse is what you should try out. Lemons also have alpha-hydroxy acids that can exfoliate dead skin cells and reduce dandruff in this process. Also, lemons are a rich source of vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient that helps in keeping hair healthy.
How to use:
- You cut 2-3 lemons to get a cup of lemon juice.
- Then, you strain the lemon juice into a bowl with the help of a muslin cloth and mix it with a cup of warm water.
- After you have taken a head bath, lightly pour the mixture over the hair and scalp, massaging it at the same time.
- Allow the mixture to sit on your hair for 5 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat this 1-2 times a week in the morning after a head bath.
- Note: Despite being safe, lemons have acids. Therefore, you should close your eyes when you pour the lemon juice over your head. Also, do not use this remedy too often or for a long time as it can dry out the hair.
Learn More: List Of 31 Best Natural Masks For Oily Hair
10. Indian Gooseberry
For people who are suffering from hair loss, the Indian gooseberry is a perfect option. It contains high contents of vitamin C, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, exfoliating and antioxidant properties that can help to reverse hair loss, keep scalp healthy and promote hair growth.
How to use:
- You use either Indian gooseberry juice or powder and then mix it with a little lemon juice.
- You apply this mixture on the scalp and hair and leave it to air dry
- Finally, you wash it off with warm water.
- There are some of the other natural hair loss treatments in this article. So you should continue reading this entire article to discover all of these effective home remedies.
11. Hair Loss Treatments – Fenugreek
Fenugreek is effective in treating hair loss. Its seeds contain hormone antecedents that may boost hair growth and help to rebuild the follicles. Besides, they also have nicotinic acid and proteins that can boost the hair growth.
How to use:
- You soak a cup of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight
- Grind them to create a paste the next morning
- Then, you apply this paste to the hair and scalp and cover it with a shower cap. Rinse it off after about 40 minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy every morning for about one month.
- In fact, fenugreek is another one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should know and then try to use it to treat your hair loss as soon as possible.
12. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should know and then try to use it to treat your hair loss naturally. Aloe vera has enzymes that directly boost healthy hair growth. Also, it contains alkalizing properties that can help bring the hair’s pH to a desirable level, which can boost hair growth. Regular use of aloe vera can also reduce scalp itching, relieve scalp inflammation and redness, add shine, luster and strength to your hair and reduce dandruff. Both aloe vera juice and gel will work.
How to use:
- You apply aloe vera juice or gel onto the hair and scalp. Ensure that your hair is washed before doing this.
- Massage your scalp in circular motions.
- Leave it on for several hours and then rinse it off with warm water
- Repeat this home remedy 3-4 times a week, preferably in the morning after you have washed your hair.
- Also, you can consume 1 tbsp. of aloe vera juice on an empty stomach daily to have a better hair growth.
13. Licorice Root
It is another herb that can prevent hair loss and further hair damage. The mollifying properties found in licorice root can open the pores, relieve the scalp and help treat irritations like dandruff and dry flakes. This home remedy is great for hair loss, dandruff and baldness.
How to use;
- Add 1 tbsp. of ground licorice root to a cup of milk with ¼ tsp. of saffron. Mix it well.
- Then, apply this paste on your bald patches before going to bed and allow it to sit on overnight.
- Wash it off the next morning
- Repeat this home remedy 1-2 times a week.
- You can also drink licorice tea 3 times a day for the best results.
They are a source of omega-3s that can prevent hair loss and boost hair growth. To manage your hair loss you follow the steps:
How to use:
- You consume 1 tbsp. of ground flaxseeds with a cup of water every morning.
- Also, you can add flaxseeds to your soups, salads, smoothies as well as other dishes.
- Simply, you can apply flaxseed oil onto your hair. When you use it as a hair oil, it can help to prevent hair loss and boost your hair growth.
Actually, flaxseeds are one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should not look down, but try to use it as soon as possible, especially when you are trying to treat hair loss at home.
Another one on the list of natural hair loss treatments that you should know and then try to use must include beetroot. Beetroot juice has carbohydrates, potassium, protein, phosphorus, vitamins B and c and calcium. All of these vitamins and minerals are good for healthy hair growth. Simply, you add fresh beetroot juice to your diet. Additionally, spinach juice, lettuce juice, alfalfa juice or carrot juice will also help to boost your hair growth.
How to use:
- You can grind some beetroot leaves and bring it to a boil with henna.
- Apply this paste on the hair and scalp
- Allow it to sit on for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
- Do this several times a week.
16. Hair Loss Treatments – Neem Leaves
Neem contains antibacterial properties that can help you treat dandruff. This makes sure that the scalp is healthy and boosts hair growth. Also, it enhances blood flow to the hair, thus nourishing the hair roots.
How to use:
- You boil 10-12neem leaves in water until the liquid comes down to ½.
- You wait for the liquid to cool and then use it as a last hair rinse after shampooing the hair.
- Do this process once a week.
- Note: Using neem leaves for hair can cause burn to your eyes. So, while you rinse off the neem water, be careful and ensure that it does not get into the eyes.
17. Greek Yogurt
When it comes to natural hair loss treatments, you should not skip out the fact that Greek yogurt can help you treat hair loss naturally. Greek yogurt works as a conditioner for your hair. This is because it contains proteins and vitamin B5 that are extremely good for the hair. Besides, honey has antibacterial properties that can help to protect your hair from damage; whereas, Greek yogurt has probiotics that make your hair grow.
How to use:
- You take 2 tbsp. of Greek yogurt in a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp. of honey and the juice from one lemon to this.
- Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly to create a paste.
- Then, you apply this mixture to the hair roots and scalp with the help of a hair dye brush.
- Allow it to sit on for half an hour and then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process once a week. If you have dry hair, you can repeat this twice a week.
18. Green Tea
Another one on the list of natural hair loss treatments that you should know and then try to make use of this home remedy must include green tea. Green tea can help to stimulate hair follicles and boost the production of hair. Also, it increases the metabolism, which has been associated with an increase in the hair growth rate. You can use the green tea solution as a hair rinse after shampooing your hair.
How to use:
- You steep 2 green tea bags in 2-3 cups of boiling water and then wait until the liquid cools down.
- Then, you remove the tea bags and use it as a hair rinse.
- Massage the solution over the hair and scalp.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
Potatoes have vitamin C, potassium and iron and all of them are good for keeping your hair healthy. Also, it has been found that a lack of potassium can result in a hair loss.
How to use:
- You wash a potato and peel its skin
- Then, you cut it into some small pieces and place them in a mixer to get the puree. Add some water to this puree if it is too thick.
- Also, you can strain this puree into a small bowl with the help of a muslin cloth. This will leave the potato juice.
- Add 1 tsp. each of honey and water to the potato juice. Mix them well.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp and hair and allow it to sit on for half an hour.
- Finally, you wash it off with your mild shampoo
- Repeat this treatment once a week.
20. Coriander Juice
Coriander juice is known to help prevent hair loss and make the hair soft. Besides, it is also an effective home remedy to promote hair growth.
How to use:
- You grind 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves and mix them with 3-4 tbsp. of water to make a paste.
- Then, you take the juice from this paste and apply it to the scalp and hair with the help of a hair dye brush.
- Allow it to sit on for 60 minutes and then shampoo your hair as usual.
- Do this process 2-3 times a week, preferably in the morning before you take a bath.
Do you want to discover other hair loss treatments in this entire article? Continue reading this post and then try to follow one or more of these home remedies for good.
21. Hair Loss Treatments – Curry Leaves
Another one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should know must include curry leaves. Curry leaves can be used to create a good hair tonic
How to use:
- You boil some curry leaves in your chosen hair oil and then apply it onto the scalp and hair.
- Massage the scalp for at least 15-20 minutes
- Repeat this process twice a week to boost hair growth.
In fact, this is one on the list of natural hair loss treatments, so you should consider following this home remedy to treat your hair loss as soon as possible.
22. Have A Healthy And Balanced Diet
When it comes to natural hair loss treatments, you should try to have a healthy and balanced diet. A healthy diet can help you maintain your overall health, including skin and hair health. To treat hair loss, it is important to have a balanced diet. Pay greater attention to the intake of vitamins, iron, proteins and calcium as these nutrients can prevent hair loss to a great extent.
- Add protein and iron to your diet as deficiency of both nutrients is one of the main causes of hair loss.
- Add vitamin A as it is an antioxidant, which can boost the production of sebum in the scalp. It boosts blood circulation in your hair scalp, thus maintaining your healthy hair follicles
- Add vitamins B to help with the production of melanin, which gives a healthy color to the hair. Also, it boosts blood circulation.
- Add fish, green vegetables, fruits and milk products to your diet.
23. Keep The Scalp Clean
Keep in mind that a dirty scalp is likely to have infections. So, you need to regularly shampoo and condition the scalp with proper products. Besides, keeping the hair clean will also prevent some hair problems like dandruff. It will also prevent itching and hair lice which are among the common causes of hair loss.
Besides, you should also follow some tips:
- Your hair should be properly brushed. Also, do not tie the hair too tight
- You should regularly trim the hair to prevent split ends.
- You should use wide-toothed comb
- Blow-drying should be limited to a minimum as the heat can cause damage to the hair
- You should avoid combing the hair while it is still wet as wet hair is more likely to have breakage. The best way for you to dry wet hair is to use a dry towel to gently pat it.
24. Avoid Junk Food
It has been shown that consumption of junk food can lead to hair fall and hair loss. This is because junk food contains extra calories and no nutrients. Instead, you can turn to adding more of green leafy veggies, iron-rich fruits and protein-rich foods to your diet.
In fact, a lot of people are suffering from hair loss due to consuming too much junk foods, so they need to follow these hair loss treatments to help get rid of it soon.
25. Drink Plenty Of Water
Drinking enough water is one way to keep your hair healthy. Due to our busy and sedentary lifestyles, we seem to forget the importance of keeping ourselves hydrated. So, if you want to treat your hair loss, aim at drinking about 6-8 glasses of water daily.
In fact, drinking plenty of plenty is known as one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should not skip out, but try to drink enough water to treat your hair loss soon.
26. Hair Loss Treatments – Avoid Steamy Showers
Remember that hot water can dehydrate the hair strands, leaving them brittle and weak. Additionally, rinsing the hair with hot water also removes out the natural oils of the hair scalp, which can result in increased shedding of hair. Instead, you can take a shower with warm or normal water.
In fact, a lot of people in the world are suffering from hair loss as they often take a hot shower, so if you are in this case, you need to follow one of these natural hair loss treatments to deal with it as soon as possible.
27. Avoid Using Hot Styling Tools
Exposing the hair to high temperature can damage the hair’s protective cuticles. When this occurs, the balance of moisture of the hair gets disrupted, making it easy to fall. To protect your hair, you should limit the use of hot styling tools. Also, remember to apply a heat protection spray to protect the hair from heat.
Actually, this is another one on the list of the natural hair loss treatments that you should know when you want to treat your hair loss naturally.
28. Exercise regularly
Regular exercise is known as one of the natural hair loss treatments that people should know and then try to follow for good. Regular exercise can boost blood circulation and enhance the oxygen flow to the scalp, thus controlling hair loss. Ideally, you should exercise for half an hour a day and about 5 times a week.
29. Do Not Wash The Hair Too Much Or Too Less
If you wash your hair too less, it can result in the accumulation of oil, dirt as well as product residue that can clog the pores in the hair scalp. On the other hand, if you wash the hair too often, it may remove the natural oils that your hair scalp needs. Therefore, the best way you can do is to wash it every two days, and more if you have excessive sweating and use a lot of hair products. Remember to use a sulfate-free shampoo to protect the hair from excessive dryness.
Actually, this is actually one of the natural hair loss treatments that you should follow, especially if you are looking for the way to reduce your hair loss.
30. Hair Loss Treatments – Follow A Healthy Lifestyle
This is the last but very important one on the list of the natural hair loss treatments that you should not skip out, but try to follow this tip as soon as possible, especially if you are trying to treat your hair loss naturally. An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the main causes of hair loss. So, it is important to make some lifestyle changes for healthy hair growth.
- Control the mental stress by practicing meditation
- Have enough sleep
- Do not use too much chemicals and heat on your hair
- If you use a hair gel, ensure that you wash it off next day.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco as much as possible.
By following natural hair growth remedies as I mentioned above, you will experience noticeable results. Nonetheless, if none of these natural remedies are working, you should consult a dermatologist before your hair loss worsens. Besides, some certain medical treatments are available, including hair restoration, hair transplant, stem cell treatment as well as hair extensions. After you read this article of 30 natural hair loss treatments, I hope that the readers of Healthy Guide who are trying to treat your hair loss should know and then follow one or more of these natural remedies as soon as possible. These home remedies are proven to be safe and do not cause any unwanted side effects, so you do not need to worry when follow any of them. If you know other natural hair loss treatments. Remember to leave your comments below.