Most people want to the nails that grow fast and strong because they will add beauty to the hands. Furthermore, the healthy growth of nails reflects the current status of the overall health. Just like hair, nails are formed from the same type of protein which is called keratin. Nail growth is very slow and fingernails grow a bit faster than toenails. On average, fingernails generally grow about 1/10 inch each month. Sometimes they can grow slower. A few factors which are responsible for slowing nail growth include health problems, the aging process, chemotherapy, hormonal changes of the body, nutritional deficiencies, and medications. On the other hand, pregnant women and children prior to puberty can see nail growth faster.
Poor or slow nail growth is accompanied by breakage, splitting, brittle nails and other nail issues. Following proper nail care and applying a healthy diet are effective ways to maintain your strong nails and grow at a healthy speed. In fact, you can enhance nail growth with some simple and easy natural ways using popular ingredients in your kitchen. Now, in this article, Healthyguide.com will reveal a new article about how to grow nails naturally and fast. This article shows you up to 25 natural ways to aid in growing your nails fast and effectively at home. Keep reading to get more information about this interesting topic!
Top 25 Natural Tips On How You Can Grow Nails Fast And Naturally You Must Try
1. Coconut Oil
The first of top 25 ways on how to grow nails naturally is to use coconut oil. This oil contains a lot of important nutrients that are able to maintain your moisturized and strong nails. It also has the ability to strengthen your cuticles that are responsible for nail growth. Besides, it is helpful in curing cuticle infections, hangnails, and fungal nails.
- At the first procedure, you add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to a pan.
- You heat the pan to make this oil warm up.
- Then you gently massage your nails with the warm oil in circular motions. This is good for improving blood circulation.
- You do this solution regularly before going to bed every night to promote your nail growth.
- You can also make a nail soak by mixing 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 4 rosemary essential oil drops.
- You warm the solution by placing it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Then you soak your nails in the warm mixture for about 15 minutes.
- You should follow this method one to two times a week.
See more: List Of Natural Oils For Skin Care
Another effective way on how to grow nails fast and naturally is to apply lemons. This fresh fruit is rich in vitamin C that plays an important role in promoting nail growth. In addition, it is capable of treating yellow nails and giving them a nice shine.
- You firstly make a nail soak by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a bowl.
- Then you place the bowl in the microwave to heat.
- Now, you soak your nails in the mixture for 10 minutes.
- You do this daily to get the best results.
- You take a lemon and cut it into many thin slices.
- Then you rub a lemon slice gently on your nails for about 5 minutes before washing them with warm water.
- Next, you pat them dry and apply some moisturizer.
- You should follow this a time a day to promote nail growth.
Note: If you have any hangnails or cuts, make sure that you avoid rubbing lemon on them because it may sting.
There are many useful ways on how to grow nails naturally at home fast, and biotin is one of them. Biotin is known as vitamin H and a great source of vitamins which are essential for strong nail growth. It assists in encouraging your nail and hair growth because it has the ability to improve the keratin infrastructure. Biotin deficiency is responsible for a series of unhealthy nails such as slow nail growth and nail abnormalities including weak, brittle, and thin nails.
Therefore, you should get biotin by eating foods such as eggs, carrots, whole grains, tomatoes, almonds, salmon, cauliflower, milk, cucumber, soybeans, lentils, strawberries, walnuts, and oats. Also, you can take a biotin supplement after consulting your doctor.
4. Flaxseed Oil
If you are finding the best ways on how to grow nails naturally and fast at home, using Flaxseed oil is a suit answer for you. This oil is very effective in enhancing nail growth because it contains an abundance of fatty acids (omega-3). Furthermore, it has a lot of micronutrients such as B vitamins, potassium, magnesium, lecithin, protein, and that are beneficial for overall nail health. Apart from encouraging nail growth, flaxseed oil is also able to heal cracking, drying, splitting, or brittleness of nails.
- You simply rub a small amount of flaxseed oil on all your nails.
- Then you start massaging gently for a couple of minutes.
- Now, you put your hand on gloves for several hours to keep the moisture.
- You do this solution one to two times daily.
Because nails are created from keratin that is a protein, including more protein in your diet is one of the simple and easy ways on how to grow nails quickly. Lack of protein leads to white spots appearing on your nails and makes them weak at the same time.
Hence, you should increase your protein intake by eating several foods such as lean poultry, beef, fish, pork, and eggs. If you are a vegetarian, consuming legumes, spinach, nuts, seeds, and green vegetables is a good option for you. In addition, you can drink protein shakes or the mixture of protein powder and a glass of milk. However, you see your doctor to get consultant before taking a protein supplement.
Learn more: Top 14 Natural Home Remedies For Scabies
6. Olive Oil
When it comes to the effective ways on how to grow nails fast, olive oil is the best. To promote nail growth, it is important that you keep the nails moisturized. Applying olive oil is able to penetrate deep into your skin and nails. This will help nourish your nails. Besides, it is high in vitamin E that is useful in improving circulation blood circulation, repairing damaged nails and promoting strength and growth of the nails.
- You firstly add 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a bowl and place it into a microwave for 20 seconds.
- Then apply this warm oil on your nails and cuticles.
- You gently massage for 5 minutes and wear clean gloves overnight.
- You should do this one time a day.
- Another option, you can soak your nails in olive oil for about 15 to 30 minutes one time regularly to encourage nail growth.
7. Orange Juice
Another simple and easy way on how to grow nails naturally and fast at home is orange juice. It is a great amount of vitamin C content that is beneficial in encouraging collagen production and keeping your nails healthy at the same time. Furthermore, it contains folic acid which is good for nail growth.
- You simply soak your nails in orange juice for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then you wash them off with clean water and pat dry before applying some moisturizer.
- You follow this method one time daily until you see the satisfied results.
In accordance with ancient Roman and Greek herbalists, horsetail is also a wonderful way on how to grow nails naturally and fast. It is rich in silica, calcium, and many other essential minerals that mainly contribute to the health of your nails.
- First of all, you add 1 teaspoon of horsetail stems to 2 glasses of boiling water.
- Then you cover and steep it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, you strain and allow it to cool down.
- Once it is done, you soak your nails in the horsetail water for 20 minutes.
- You follow this solution four to five times a week.
- Besides, you can drink horsetail tea one time a daily basis for healthy nails.
9. Stinging Nettle
Stinging nettle is also known as one age-old way on how to grow nails naturally and fast at home that you should not skip at all costs. This magic herb helps nails grow because it contains a plenty of silica and several other useful minerals that are required for nail formation. In addition, it is able to strengthen nails and prevent weak and brittle nails.
- You add 2 teaspoons of dried leaves from stinging nettle to a glass of boiling water.
- Now, you cover and steep it for 10 minutes.
- Next, you strain and add a little honey to it.
- Finally, you drink a glass of this herbal tea regularly.
Tomatoes are an abundance of biotin which helps nail growth and makes them more thick and shiny. Moreover, tomatoes are high in vitamins A and C which are helpful for healthy skin and nails.
- You make a mixture by adding two tablespoons of olive oil and a half cup of tomato juice to a bowl.
- Then you soak your nails in the solution for about 10 minutes.
- You do this one time daily until you notice the desired improvements.
11. Sweet Potatoes
Another fruit also known as one of the amazing ways on how to grow nails naturally and fast at home is sweet potatoes. They are a great source of antioxidant and beta-carotene which are important for the body because they assist in boosting immunity and promoting stronger nails. When antioxidant beta-carotene combines with them, they will be transferred to Vitamin A. The lack of the vitamin A can cause dry and brittle nails.
- You add sweet potatoes along with a sufficient amount of water into a pressure cooker and cook them for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Then you let it cool and remove the shell of potatoes.
- Now, you consume at least 1/3 cup of boiled sweet potatoes to give strong and healthy nails.
- You can also include the foods in your meals to promote nail growth.
12. Egg Shells
Egg shells are used as one of the excellent ways on how to grow nails fast and naturally at home thanks to their high levels of protein, calcium, iron and many minerals such as potassium and magnesium. These minerals are capable of strengthening the nails and preventing them from damage.
- After using eggs, you take the egg shells and finely crush them by using a blender
- You add flax seeds, pecans, and almonds to this blender and then blend them to create a powder
- Now, you drink one teaspoon of powder with milk in the morning daily.
- You do this for a month to get the stronger healthy nails.
13. Vitamin E
As you know, vitamin E is an excellent ingredient for the health of hair and nails. Therefore, the best way on how to grow nails fast and naturally at home is to let this vitamin be absorbed through your nails. This will stimulate the growth of nails faster.
- You make an oil mixture by mixing vitamin E and any of the essential oils like tea tree oil.
- You warm up this solution a bit by heating and then dip your nails in it.
- You keep it on overnight to do its work.
Garlic is not only an important spice but also an ingredient which is helpful for healthy nails. It has the ability to stimulate the nail growth and protect them against infection thanks to its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
- You take a garlic clove and cut it into 2 parts.
- Then you gently rub them on the nails and allow it to sit on for several minutes to absorb.
- You can also blend a few garlic cloves to create a paste and apply it on your nails for about 5 minutes.
- You do this for a week until you find the best result.
15. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are known as one of the great ways on how to grow nails naturally and fast at home thanks to their calcium content. Calcium aids in building strong bones and supporting nail growth as well as the production of collagen in the body. The seeds will make your nails grow easily and help it become incredibly strong.
You simply consume 1 to 2 teaspoons of chia seeds a day to see their wonderful benefits. You can sprinkle a few chia seeds into your breakfast bowl or a smoothie to get the strong nails.
This tasty fruit is a wonderful way on how to grow nails naturally more quickly due to a high content of Vitamin C and many essential nutrients. Pineapple actually aids in digesting protein easier in your body due to a special enzyme that is called bromelain. When your body digests efficiently, pineapple has the ability to help your body use protein more effectively. This will make the nail growth longer and stronger. In addition, its Vitamin C also promotes collagen production in your body by encouraging tissue growth and development. To enhance nail growth, you enjoy several slices before having your meal or whenever you want throughout a day.
Consuming almonds is one of the excellent ways on how to grow nails naturally and fast at home that we would like to introduce in the entire article today and you should not skip. They are high in biotin that is very good for hair, nails, and skin. Raw almonds give more nutrients to your nails than supplements including calcium, protein, magnesium, and particularly Vitamin E which assists in connecting tissues in your body. You simply enjoy 1/4 cup of raw almonds per day to get the powerful nails.
To discover more ways on how to grow nails fast, stays with us for our next post!
Cacao is beneficial for the nail health and an amazing way on how to grow nails. It contains a plenty of iron, magnesium, and zinc and it is also loaded with B vitamins and calcium. These minerals promote the production of collagen and keratin in your body. Raw cacao is capable of strengthening your hair, nails, and even your skin. It is better that you enjoy its purest form to achieve the benefits and improve your nails the natural way.
Another of the top 25 ways on how to grow nails is chickpeas. These peas work as a beauty food that is filled with B vitamins, protein, and zinc. They are useful for beautiful and strong nails, hair, and even skin. If you do not have whole chickpeas, using chickpea flour is a great option. They have great taste like green peas that can be enjoyed sweet or savory.
Spinach contains an abundance of plant-based iron and protein. These critical components that your body needs to thrive. Iron is able to support your metabolism and nutrient absorption that includes the nail growth. Spinach also has a great content of calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin E that aids in supporting nail health even further. Hence, you should try to enjoy one to two cups of spinach per day or add it to your salads and cooked dishes.
21. Pumpkin Seeds
Another of the useful ways on how to grow nails is to consume pumpkin seeds. The seeds have the ability to clear skin and grow stronger and longer nails. Moreover, they are a high level of iron, zinc, and protein that are important for making nails long and strong. On top of that, zinc is a magic mineral that helps support connective tissues in your body and prevent the nutrients breaking down to enhance immune health. The lack of zinc is responsible for white spots on the nails, dry lips, dry skin, and weak hair. Therefore, you should enjoy 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds that bring 23 percent of the daily required zinc intake to boost nail growth and get a healthy body.
Applying beer seems like a strange way on how to grow nails, but it is effective in strengthening them up. The beer has a lot of minerals that are also known to boost and nourish nails.
- You make a mixture by mixing beer, warm olive oil, and apple cider vinegar at the ratio of 2:1:1.
- Then you soak your nails in this solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You should repeat this 1 to 2 times a week to get maximum results.
23. Tea Tree Oil
Using tea tree oil is an effective natural way on how to grow nails. It has the ability to treat discolored and brittle nails by fighting against infectious microbes. Besides, it is helpful in promoting nail growth and improving the appearance and health of nails.
- You mix several tea tree oil drops in half a teaspoon of vitamin E, flaxseed oil or olive oil.
- Then you massage into your nails for a couple of minutes.
- You allow the oil to sit on for at least half an hour.
- Finally, you rinse it off with lukewarm water and moisturize afterward.
- You should repeat this daily for the satisfied results.
24. Nettle Tea
Nettle leaf has been known as an ancient natural treatment with a popular variety of uses that include the growth of healthier, stronger, longer hair and nails. It is loaded with many minerals that your body needs to produce new nail tissue and stimulate nail growth.
- You add 2 to 3 teaspoons of dried nettle leaf to a cup of boiling water.
- You steep it for 10 to 15 minutes to create the tea.
- You can add a natural sweetener and drink it one time every day for stronger and longer nails.
25. Dead Sea Salt
The last of the top 25 ways on how to grow nails is to use Dead Sea salt. The salt contains over 20 naturally beneficial minerals. Most of them are good for enhancing nail health.
- Firstly, you dissolve one to two tablespoons of Dead Sea salt with warm water in a small bowl.
- You add a few moisturizing oil drops such as flaxseed, olive oil or vitamin E. You can also add one to two drops of lemon, rosemary, or lavender essential oils.
- Then you soak your nails in it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with warm water and pat dry before applying a natural moisturizer.
- You follow this three times per week to achieve stronger and healthier nails.
Apart from the above-mentioned ways on how to grow nails, you should refer these following additional tips to get the strong and long nails.
- If you have the trend to bit your nails regularly, stop it immediately. Because you do this, they will lose a chance to grow.
- You should not expose the nails to harsh chemicals like cleaning products. Therefore, when you work or clean with them, protect your nails from chemicals by wearing gloves.
- You follow a healthy diet plan to get strong and healthy nails. You can rise the green tea intake as it will improve the quality of your nails.
- Always keep your nails as well as cuticles clean and dry. This can reduce fungal infections that can invade your nails. If you suffer from a nail infection, you should treat it immediately.
- You cut and trim your nails regularly to help them to grow faster. Another option is frequent manicures to encourage faster nail growth.
- You avoid using nail polish which contains sulfonamide, formaldehyde, and toluene. They can harm your nails and make them grow slowly.
- You can keep them moisturized by applying a little petroleum jelly on the nails and hands at night before going to bed.
- You practice several exercises a daily basis to promote good blood circulation that is effective in growing your nails faster.
- You can expose the nails to sunlight in the early morning to get the vitamin D that your body needs to grow your nails faster.
Here are top 25 ways on how to grow nails more quickly. We hope that you can find the useful information and the effective ways which are suitable for you. If you have questions or are unclear any content of the article, feel freely to leave in the comment below.
Apart from how to grow nails, we want also introduce to you another article about How To Get Thicker Hair. This is also an article published in our main How to page. You can read this article to discover top 20 tips to own thicker hair naturally at home. Similar to “How to grow nails”, this writing includes natural tips which are safe for humans to apply. Thus, you can feel freely to apply any of them. We will feel happy if our articles are helpful for you and hope you will always support us! Thank you for reading!