Hair is always one of the important parts of the women beauty. Most of them often pay attention to taking care of hair so much because the hair often become more and more damaged when women dye, straighten and curl the hair. One of its damaged hairs is split ends that is very common. So what is split ends?
When we refer to split ends, all of us know that it is a hair condition that the hair shaft is frayed or split. Why does it become split? As we mention on the above, many women want to make their hair by dyeing, curling or straightening the hair. When they make it, all the chemicals will damage the structure of the hair and make the properties of the hair changed. And the consequence of this action is split ends, dry hair…. Normally, using different chemicals for styling hair too frequently is the main reason that causes split ends. However, there are other factors that can make your hair split if you don’t pay attention to. The below include some common factors that you should know:
- Your hair has over exposure to the harmful agents like excessive chemicals, dust, pollution, sun.
- In winter, the weather is very cold and you often use scalding hot water to wash your hair. Hot water can make your hair damaged.
- Hard water with too much chlorine should be avoided because it can cause split ends.
- Your hair comb and brush you use is not proper.
- After using holding sprays, your hair is not washed properly.
In general, your hair is often split longitudinally at the ends of the hair. The symptoms of split ends are also very easy to see. If your hair has some following symptoms, it means that you need to do something to repair it. Here they are:
- You will feel that it is difficult to unknot your hair because your hair with split ends may become more tangled.
- Your hair may be discolored at the ends of ponytail.
- The length of your hair is not even or zigzagged at the ends of ponytail
- Tiny Y shapes may appear at the ends of hair.
So when you see one of the above symptoms, what should we do when the hair is damaged? Normally most of women often take care of their hair by hair steaming. It is one of the popular methods to nourish and repair the hair. However, now Healthy Guide will show you many natural home remedies for split ends without cutting with the same uses. They are very easy to do at home. Now let’s discover what they are. The following natural home remedies are quite great for your hair care.
Natural Home Remedies For Split Ends Without Cutting People Should Know
1. Home Remedies For Split Ends And Breakage – Using Egg
Egg is one of the popular ingredients for taking care of skin and hair because it is very high in essential nutrients for beauty. Especially, it is known to be very rich in essential fatty acids and protein that can contribute to curing split ends. When using eggs to cure the damaged hair, the nutrients in eggs can help the hair follicles stronger and smoother. Since then, tangles and breakage can be reduced. It is often used by combining with some natural ingredients to make a new recipe for beauty. All ingredients you need are very simple:
- Egg yolk
- Olive oil or almond oil
- Damp your hair
- Whisk egg yolk and combine with 1 tablespoon of honey and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Apply this paste into your hair
- Wait for about 30 minutes until the nutrients can be absorbed into the hair follicles
- Clean it with water and rinse your hair with shampoo.
- Or mix a whisked egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of almond oil and do the same steps as the above solution.
This solution should be used once a week to get the best result. And you should brush out the hair before applying the paste on your hair so as to reduce tangles.
2. Best Home Remedies For Split Ends And Breakage – Using Hot Oil
This solution can be called hot oil deep conditioner that can be considered as one of the excellent natural home remedies for split ends because of using some hot oil to nourish the damaged hair. This method can be used for restoring moisture of the hair and since then split ends can be controlled effectively and quickly. It also can be used for the healthy hair to nourish the hair follicles. Some oils are often used included castor oil, almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil. You also can mix these oils with some other oils like sandalwood oil or rosemary oil to take care of your hair. But you should notice to mix it after heating the oil.
- Oils like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil or castor oil.
- Sandalwood oil or rosemary oil if it is available
- Put the oil in a microwave and heat it for about 20 seconds until it become slight hot
- Add sandalwood or rosemary oil in the hot oil if it is available
- Apply it on your scalp and hair and massage gently for a while
- Shampoo your hair after waiting for at least 45 minutes
- Do it once or twice a week
3. Best Home Remedies For Split Ends Without Cutting – Castor Oil
As we mention on the above, the oils like castor oil are very great for hair care thanks to its nutrients and properties. In many people’s opinions, it can help to control split ends effectively. This is a popular ingredient that is used for health care. Here are some steps to control split ends with castor oil:
- Castor oil
- A little mustard
- Olive oil
- Mix castor oil, mustard, olive oil together
- Apply this mixture on your hair and massage gently
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it out with shampoo
4. Best Home Remedies For Split Ends Without Cutting – Fish Oil Mask For Repairing Split Ends
Fish oil is used as one of the excellent natural home remedies for split ends without cutting because it contains the natural omega – 3 and omega -6 oils that are very great for human health including hair growth. When using this remedy, your hair will be repaired quickly and become smoother and softer.
- 2-3 capsules of fish oil
- Coconut oil
- Lavender oil
- Put capsules of fish oil in a saucepan with coconut oil and lavender oil and mix them together
- Make the mixture hot on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Put them on the bowl and take your split ends to dip in the mixture (dip your hair with split ends only, avoid the hair roots.
- Cover your hair with a towel and wait for about 40 minutes
- Shampoo your hair
Read More: Top 15 Foods To Reduce Bloating
5. Home Remedies For Split Ends – Hair Care With Avocado
Avocado is really a great food for the human health. Normally it is often used to make some healthy drinks because of its nutrients. However, a few people know that this is also a great ingredient for nourishing your hair. All the nutrients in avocado like vitamins (vitamin a, vitamin D, and vitamin E), minerals and some types of acid (folic acid and some fatty acids) are very vital for stimulating hair growth as well as making it smoother and softer. The following is the way to take care of hair with avocado:
- One ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Take one avocado to mask completely
- Add coconut oil and olive oil in the masked avocado and mix them well to get a smooth consistency
- Use this paste to apply on your hair liberally. The roots of the hair should be avoided.
- Wait for about 30 minutes
- Use water to rinse it out first and finally shampoo your hair.
- Repeat this action weekly to get the good result.
Or you can try another solution with avocado. You only need to follow these steps:
- Olive oil
- Peel the avocado and crush it up
- Mix the crushed avocado with the egg
- Continue to add olive oil and mix them well until you get the consistency.
- Apply this consistency on your hair
- Wait for about 20 minutes
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
If you don’t have any oil, you can use avocado only. You will get the good result.
6. Natural Home Remedies For Split Ends And Breakage – Trying Mayonnaise
All of us know that mayonnaise is a sauce that is often used popularly in many dishes. The main ingredient in mayonnaise is egg, one of the great foods for the hair care. That is why mayonnaise can be used as one of the common natural home remedies for split ends without cutting. It is not only good for curing split ends but also useful for preventing this hair condition as well as making the hair softer and shinier. However, you should notice that when you use mayonnaise to take care of your hair, your hair maybe have bad smell. Here are some steps to follow:
- Make your hair wet
- Apply mayonnaise in your wet hair
- Wait for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with water and shampoo your hair
- Do it once a week.
7. Best Home Remedies For Split Ends And Breakage – Using Beer
Beer is known to be one of alcohol that is not good for the human health if it is abused. But in some cases, it is one of the great items for hair care and skin care. Especially, it can help to supply some essential nutrients for the damaged hair follicles since then hair conditions like split ends can be controlled effectively. In addition, if you used this solution frequently, your hair can be shiner. If you use this solution, you don’t need to worry about its smell because it will be disappear when your hair becomes dry. You can follow some following steps:
- Shampoo your hair to clean your hair and scalp
- Fill the beer in a small spray bottle
- Spray the beer on your hair when your hair is wet. Notice that it should be sprayed over from the mid of hair to the end of hair
- Leave it on for about 2 -3 minutes. The smell will disappear and you don’t need to rinse it off
- Repeat this action once a week.
8. Best Home Remedies For Split Ends And Breakage – Another Fruit: Bananas
Like avocado, banana is also one of the natural home remedies for split ends without cutting that women often use to nourish and soften their hair. Why is banana good for hair care? If you like eating banana, you will know that banana is a type of fruit that are very great for the human health thanks to its nutrients like vitamins (A,C, E), and minerals (iron, zinc, potassium). Especially, some researchers showed that bananas are very rich in natural oils that can restore the damaged hair as well as limit the hair breakage. In addition, when you use this fruit to take care of hair, you will see that your hair is becoming soft and moisturized. From then, some hair conditions will be minimized.
- One ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- Rose water
- Lemon juice
- Peel one ripe banana
- Put banana, lemon juice, rosewater and plain yogurt in a blender and mix them well
- Use this banana mask to apply on your hair
- Wait for about 1 hour and rinse it out
- Do it again once a week.
And here is another recipe that you can try. All ingredients in this recipe may be easier to find than the first recipe.
- A ripe banana
- An egg
- Some honey
- A little milk
- Take a banana to mash
- Put milk, honey, egg into the mashed banana and mix them well to get your hair mask
- Apply this mixture on your hair
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes
- Rinse it out and shampoo your hair
9. Home Remedies For Split Ends – Papaya
Fresh fruits seem to become one of the popular trends for taking care of hair at home that many people love. The main reason is that most of fresh fruits are very rich in nutrients that are necessary for the hair growth like protein, vitamins and minerals. So does papaya. Protein found in papaya can support the process of nourishing hair as well as reducing split ends. Using papaya also helps restore hair’s softness and natural shine. In addition, when using papaya to take care of hair, you often mix with other items like yogurt. It is also very good for the hair care.
- One ripe papaya
- One – half cup of plain yogurt
- Peel and deseed a papaya
- Put papaya and yogurt in a blender and mix them well until they become a smooth mixture.
- Take it to apply on your hair.
- Wait for about 30 minutes and wash it off
- Shampoo your hair
- Repeat it once a week with a few months until you see your hair is better
10. Home Remedies For Split Ends – Excellent Recipes With Honey
Honey is always known as a great ingredient for health care including skin and hair care. Honey is considered as a hair conditioner and moisturizer for natural hair care because of its nutrient content and humectant property. It is often used for repairing dry hair, breakage and split ends, making your hair get shinier and softer.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 cups of warm water
- Mix honey and water well
- Shampoo your hair
- Use this mixture of honey and warm water as a rinse and leave it on for a few minutes
- Wash it off
- Do it once a week to get a shiny and soft hair
Alternatively, you can apply another solution with the combination of honey and curd. This is also a great way to control split ends as well as give your hair a gorgeous luster.
- One spoon of honey
- Some curd
- Mix honey and curd together
- Apply this mixture on your hair, especially at the end of hair and massage it
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes
- Wash it off with shampoo
Or you can try this recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix all the above ingredients together.
- Shampoo your hair
- Apply this mixture on your hair
- Wait for about 20-30 minutes
- Shampoo your hair again to remove all the residues from your hair and scalp.
11. Home Remedies For Split Ends – Mixture Of Cream And Milk
As we know, one of the popular ingredients for beauty care is milk. With its rich nutrients, milk can supply the vital nutrients for the damaged hair since then cure hair conditions like split ends and make your hair softer and smoother. That is why this recipe becomes one of the excellent natural home remedies for split ends that used commonly by many women. The mixture of cream and milk can contribute to providing the moisture for the hair. Protein in this mixture is very useful for tissue growth and repair.
- One – half cup of whole milk
- One tablespoon of cream
- Mix milk and cream together
- Wash your hair with the mixture of milk and cream
- Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes
- Continue to wash it out and shampoo your hair as usual
- Repeat it once a week within 1-2 months until your hair is better
12. Shea Butter Or Cocoa Butter
Shea butter or cocoa butter has the same benefits for your damaged hair. They also contain many vital nutrients for the hair growth. When you use it to take care of your hair, its nutrients can be absorbed in your hair, since then nourish and make it soft and shiny. As a result, split ends will be controlled and limited.
- Shea butter/ cocoa butter
- Wash your hair
- Apply Shea butter or cocoa butter on your damp hair.
- Massage gently and let it dry naturally.
13. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is often known to be a great kind of tea that is very good for curing some diseases. But a few people know that it is also used for preventing and treating split ends.
- Chamomile tea bags
- Hot water
- Boil water until it boils
- Put chamomile tea bag in boiling water
- Let it be until chamomile tea gets cool and remove the tea bag
- Use this solution to wash your hair
14. Hair Care With Vitamin E Capsules
Vitamin E is known to be an excellent item for beauty. It is often used for skin care. Like other ingredients and recipes, vitamin E is also a great choice for taking care of your damaged hair, especially spilt ends because of its excellent properties. Many women considered it as one of the great natural home remedies for split ends and apply it frequently to achieve quick results along with positive effects.
- 2-3 vitamin E capsules
- Warm water
- Take the oil of this vitamin capsules to mix with warm water.
- Use this liquid to massage your hair with split ends
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and wash it out.
15. Aloe Vera
Most of us may be familiar with aloe vera as it is considered one of the most popular and effective ingredients for body, skin, and hair care. Similar to some other natural foods that work well for hair, aloe vera is also considered as an excellent moisturizer for the hair, especially the dry hair prone to split ends – a common, well-known hair condition that usually occurs due to the dyeing process. In many cases, aloe vera is so useful for promoting hair growth as well as preventing hair loss in winter.
- Aloe vera gel
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- Two teaspoons of castor oil, olive oil or jojoba oil.
- Mix aloe vera gel with the oil and lemon juice
- Apply this mixture onto your hair and massage gently
- Let it sit on for 30 minutes
- Finally, shampoo your hair
- Repeat it twice or three times a week.
If the oils are not available, you can use only aloe vera to massage your hair gently. It will be useful for your damaged hair.
16. Curing Split Ends With Black Lentil Pack
Maybe a few people know that black lentil pack is also a good item for curing split ends. The people who use this solution said that it is very effective in improving your bad hair condition, especially split ends.
- ½ cup of black lentil
- One spoon of fenugreek seeds
- One cup of yogurt
- Grind ½ cup of black lentil until a smooth powder appears
- Add fenugreek seeds in it
- Mix them with yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on to your hair
- Leave it on for about 2 hours
- Rinse it out with a mild shampoo.
In summary, the list above is the full combination of the best natural home remedies for split ends that people should know, especially women, to improve hair health and condition at home without having to spend too much money, time, and efforts. Although they are very good for hair care, you should pay attention to some preventive measures to reduce the bad hair conditions. Some preventive measures you should do including:
- Notice the temperature of hair dryer when you want to make your hair dry;
- Protect your hair from sun exposure;
- Do not brush your hair when it is wet;
- Do not wash your hair with hot water;
- Drink enough water.
Furthermore, having a protein-rich diet is very useful for your hair growth process. Some protein-rich foods you can find out without meeting any difficulty include legumes, poultry, yogurt, cheese, milk and so on. Adding these foods to your own daily diet plan and meals will also contribute to preventing and controlling split ends very well, so do not hesitate to start your split end treatment plan with healthy foods right from today! If you want to ask anything about this article, feel free to leave your comment below!