Skin tags or acrochorda are soft, small skin outgrowths that often appear on the neck, breasts, stomach, groin, eyelids and underarms. Most of the time, they are painless and harmless. Skin tags are more common among those suffering from obesity, diabetes or overweight issues as well as pregnant women. You can remove skin tags through procedures such as cauterization, cryosurgery, ligation, and excision, but these methods can be expensive and must be performed by medical professionals. Everybody wants healthy, smooth skin, but why undergo potentially hazardous and expensive procedures when you can remove skin tags with natural, safe, inexpensive home remedies instead? Now, find out what these ways are in the line of Skin Care on Healthy Guide site. These ways on how to remove skin tags on body and face are really simple, cost-effective and have no side effects. Let’s get started!
Top 15 Ways On How To Remove Skin Tags Quickly You Shouldn’t Neglect
1. Cutting Method
This is one of best ways on how to remove skin tags on body and face. A simple cutting method is suggested by the National Health Service. Prior to undergoing the form of treatment, you need the assistance of a relative or friend.
You will need to prepare:
- A mild cleanser
- A liquid cleanser like Cetaphil or a gentle soap like Dial
- Sterilized forceps
- Sharp, sterilized scissors
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly at first and gently and carefully grasp the apex of your skin tag using forceps. Then, cut it at its base.
- Then, apply consistent pressure to your skin to control bleeding.
2. How To Remove Skin Tags On Face And Body With Nail Polish
Nail polish is also another powerful way on how to remove skin tags on face and body naturally. Nail polish aids in drying out skin tags, making them to fall off. When applied, it stings but only for one minute. This method is not suggested for children.
- Prepare the nail polish and place and spread it over the skin tags. Let it dry and later remove.
- This treatment needs to be repeated for up to thrice a day for a few days or until the skin tags are faded away completely.
3. Duct Tape For Skin Tags Removal
Duct tape consists of three separate layers including backing, intermediate & adhesive. The layer of adhesive sticks with your skin to get rid of the skin tags.
- Firstly, wash the skin tag using warm water and later pat dry. After that, cover it with a duct tape piece.
- Keep it on 10 to 12 days and remove it.
4. Using Aspirin
Aspirin helps to exfoliate the skin to flush out impurities and lower the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and skin tags thanks to its salicylic acid. Besides, it encourages production of collagen, making the skin look younger and smoother.
- Crush an aspirin tablet at first and apply to the skin tag with the powder.
- Cover with the help of duct tape and keep on overnight. In the morning, wash it off.
- Repeat this method daily for around three weeks.
- Alternatively, crush the tablet and later mix the powder with water. Add 1 pinch of baking soda if desired and apply to your skin tag. Let it dry naturally and wash off. Repeat the treatment three times a day.
5. How To Remove Skin Tags With Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
It’s a natural way to fight against dandruff, scalp infections and itchy scalp as well. Plus, it’s beneficial for removing skin tag at home naturally. ACV consists of the acidic nature that breaks down the tissues and cells of the skin tag, thus it falls off after some applications. ACV can be used internally and topically to detoxify skin as well as the body. Moreover, apple cider vinegar brings the protein to the body, which is required for generating smooth new skin.
- Take a cotton swab and immerse it in apple cider vinegar. Then, directly apply it to the skin tag and keep like that.
- Repeat this cure 3 times per day for a couple of weeks to ease the skin tag.
Note: ACV may cause itching and stinging with its acidic property. So, dilute ACV with water in equal amount for sensitive skin. Instead of ACV, you can also utilize sore apple juice.
6. Tea Tree Oil For Removing Skin Tags
As we know, tea tree oil contains the numerous benefits for skin. This oil possesses terpinene and cineol, all of which are useful to cure many skin diseases and problems as well. Tea tree oil is a good natural remedy for skin tag removal and for oily skin as well. The oil helps to dry out the tags from within because it contains the antibacterial, antibacterial and antifungal properties. The antiseptic properties present in the oil also help to prevent further infection after your skin tag has been eased. Here are two ways to use this oil for skin tags removal:
- Firstly, mix tea tree oil (three drops), apple cider vinegar (four drops), and lemon juice (five drops).
- Then, immerse a cotton ball in this mixture. Place the mixture on your skin tag and cover using a band-aid
- The way should be repeated 2 times a day for ten days.
- Wash & dry the skin around your tag at first. Next, dip a cotton ball in water and squeeze the excess water.
- Then, pour tea tree oil (three drops) onto that wet cotton ball. Massage skin tag gently with the cotton ball for 3 minutes. Leave the solution on.
- It’s suggested to repeat 3 times every day until they disappear. Do not apply this oil directly because it irritates the skin.
7. Using Oregano Oil
This is also a great answer to the question about how to remove skin tags on face and body naturally. Oregano is an intensely aromatic herb and is useful for removing skin tags as well. Oregano oil comes with the phenolic terpenoids compounds such as carvacrol, p-cymene and thymol, which possess powerful antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antimelanomic, anti-oxidative and antiseptic properties. These properties help to remove the skin tags by drying it out.
- Firstly, mix oregano oil (three drops) with coconut oil (six drops) together. After that, apply this solution to the skin tag thrice a day.
- Follow the remedy around 3 to 4 weeks until the skin tag drops off totally.
Note: Oregano oil can cause red marks and skin irritation, so you need to dilute it with some carrier oil before applying it.
8. How To Remove Skin Tags With Lemon Juice
The best way on how to remove skin tags on face and body naturally must include lemon juice. Lemon juice may be one of the cheapest home remedies for skin tags removal which are available in every kitchen. Lemon juice is a powerhouse of the citric acid that dries out skin tags and kills bacteria as well. It also is packed with calcium and magnesium, which strengthen the immunity and cleans the skin to prevent a lot of skin problems. Applying lemon juice regularly will bring about a few some changes in the texture and color of the skin tag. Lemon juice is also a potent cure for removing dark circles around eyes.
- Take half a lemon and squeeze out its juice. Thereafter, smear the juice with a cotton ball on the skin tags.
- Wait for one to two hours and finally, wash off with water.
- To notice the skin tag coming off, repeat it thrice a day for 2 weeks.
- Before going out, you need to remove the juice from the skin thoroughly because it makes the skin more sensitive.
9. Using Fenugreek
You should not skip fenugreek for skin tag removal remedy. Fenugreek is a great source of protein and is filled up amazing medicinal qualities. In addition, fenugreek seeds contain the potent antioxidants that make it an ideal for skin tag removal. The antioxidants housed in the seeds shrink the skin tag’s size and remove dead skin cells, and make it completely disappear.
- At first, steep fenugreek seeds (2 to 3 tsp) in warm water (a glass) overnight.
- Then, strain the water and consume it on empty stomach in the morning.
Note: Fenugreek herb isn’t suitable for people with anemia or thyroid problems.
10. Pineapple Juice
This is also an excellent answer to the question about how to remove skin tags quickly. Pineapple contains the acidic nature that makes it a beneficial natural remedy for suntans removal. Plus, the presence of enzymes in this fruit helps to improve the functions of your digestive system. It also degenerates tissues and cells of skin tags thus they shrink & fall off by themselves fast. Pineapple juice is also useful for eliminating warts and moles.
- Cut a few pineapple pieces and crush them to collect the juice.
- With the help of a cotton ball, dab this juice on your skin tag, but do not wash it off.
- Repeat the treatment 2 times per day for ten days to notice wonderful results.
11. How To Remove Skin Tags Quickly With Garlic
Garlic is widely well-known for spicing up dishes. It also has amazing medicinal qualities which make it a vital ingredient for Ayurvedic treatments. Besides, this herb especially helps to heal skin diseases, and is also one of the best natural remedies to cope with ringworm in humans. Moreover, it comprises of potent antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties, so it’s the best skin tag removal remedy. Garlic dries out and shrinks skin tags because of its natural enzymes.
- Press some garlic cloves at first and directly apply the paste on the skin tag. Use a bandage to cover. Let it settle like this for two to three hours and after that, remove the bandage.
- This treatment should be repeated 2 times a day for one week to completely remove skin tags.
12. Turmeric And Aloe Vera Remedy
How to remove skin tags quickly with this remedy? Let’s check its benefits first. Turmeric purifies the blood and helps to combat the infection to remove the skin tags because it’s an anti-bacterial. Aloe vera is also an antibacterial and anti–inflammatory. Aloe vera helps to kill the bacteria in your inner skin and removes it without leaving any scar. It also detoxifies skin to inhibit blemishes. In addition, it comes with vitamins, minerals, amino acids and nutrients, which help to remove the skin tag. The minerals and vitamins increase the skin immunity and help to remove the tag without any scar or mark.
- Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf to extract its gel. Mix the gel with enough turmeric to create a paste.
- With a cotton ball, apply the paste to your skin tag. Gently massage and cover with the help of a bandage together with the cotton ball.
- Keep on all day and remove at night. Repeat the method daily till the skin tags completely falls off.
13. Using Baking Soda
Generally, baking soda is also a common ingredient in natural home remedies for both skin and hair care. Baking soda is effective at treating unwanted growths and cysts. Additionally, baking soda also helps to remove skin tags and moles because of its mild exfoliating agent. Furthermore, it owns the anti-inflammatory properties that dry out the cells and tissues of the skin tag.
- Take some baking soda and add it to warm water to create a thick paste. Then, smear it on your skin tag and massage for few minutes in a circular motion. Wait for 10 minutes and after that, wash off with water.
- This treatment should be repeated 2 times a day for two weeks.
Note: If you experience skin irritation when using baking soda, stop using it immediately.
14. How To Remove Skin Tags On Face And Body Using Cauliflower Juice
Consuming vegetables and fruits to reduce weight is well known. However, raw vegetables are also effective for curing various skin conditions. Plus, cauliflower juice helps to dry out the cells and tissues from within, so it has the ability to eliminate skin tags. Moreover, it helps to make the skin even and smooth after the skin tag was removed.
- Firstly, take a few small cauliflower pieces, 2 cloves of garlic and1 small potato, and later put all these ingredients in the blender.
- Then, blend them well to create a thick and smooth paste. Dab the paste on your skin tag every night prior to going to sleep.
- Use a surgical tape to cover the area. In the morning, remove the tape and wash the area using water. Repeat this remedy every night until the skin tag is eased.
15. Banana Peel For Skin Tags Removal
Both banana and its peels are actually full of health benefitting minerals. Banana peel is also packed with essential minerals such as potassium which helps to treat and remove skin tags, warts and moles.
- Take 1 piece of banana peel and place its inside over your skin tag. Then, fix it with the help of a bandage.
- Keep it on overnight and the next morning, remove the bandage. Repeat this treatment nightly ritual daily till your skin tag is gone.
- It characteristically takes nearly two weeks for your skin tag to gone.
Now, you can easily remove the skin tags by following these effective ways at home. You will get flawless and smooth skin naturally and fast. Remember to share your own methods and tips with us by leaving your comments in the section below.