The jojoba plant is a perennial plant growing in North America. It thrives in the harsh, desert climates and produces a nut that offers many healing properties. People can make an oil from the nut of the jojoba plant. Jojoba oil can be used as a carrier oil when mixing with other essential oils or it can be used on its own. Today, many people add jojoba oil to their skincare routine because it offers many benefits for acne, dry skin as well as other facial skin issues.
- Top 7 Simple Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Burns And Cuts On Face And Hands/ 19 Tips How to Use Avocado for Acne Skin & Scars Treatment on Face
List Of Simple Ways On How To Use Jojoba Oil On Face
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the simple ways to use jojoba oil on face naturally. So, if you have dry skin, oily skin or acne-prone skin and want to take care of your skin using jojoba oil, you should keep both of your eyes on this article right now
- I. Benefits Of Pure Jojoba Oil For The Skin
- II. How To Use Jojoba Oil On Face
- 1. Use It As A Cleanser
- 2. Use It As A Simple Moisturizer
- 3. Mix It With Tea Tree Oil
- 4. Use It To Treat Skin Disorders
- 5. Use It To Remove Sun Tan
- 6. Use It To Reduce Signs Of Aging
- 7. Use It To Treat Stubborn Acne
- 8. Use It As A Pre/Post-Shaving Moisturizer
I. Benefits Of Pure Jojoba Oil For The Skin
Jojoba oil is known as a great solution for many types of skin, including dry skin, oily skin and acne-prone skin. And, here are some benefits of using jojoba oil for the skin.
- Jojoba oil contains antifungal and antimicrobial properties. So, it can kill certain fungi and bacteria that cause salmonella and candida.
- Jojoba oil is noncomedogenic. Its makeup is similar to the natural oil of the skin. This makes it less likely to clog the pores and build up on the skin, causing fewer breakouts.
- Jojoba oil can stimulate the wound healing, so it is good for treating acne and acne scarring.
- Jojoba oil can regulate sebum production because it is similar to the natural sebum of the body. When you apply jojoba oil on the skin, the skin is soothed and moisturized. So, this sends a signal that the skin does not need additional sebum. Also, this prevents skin from looking oily and prevents clogged pores.
- Jojoba oil is known as a humectant ingredient. So, it can seal the skin with a protective barrier to prevent losing moisture, and prevent acne and bacterial infections from forming.
Read on 18 Best Home Remedies For Cystic Acne On Face, Neck, Nose, Cheek, Forehead this article to discover some of the most effective home remedies for cystic acne on face and body.
- Jojoba oil contains vitamin E that works as a powerful antioxidant. So, this oil can help the skin fight against oxidative stress caused due to daily exposure to pollutants and toxins.
- Jojoba oil contains antioxidants that can stimulate the collagen production. This is important for a healthy skin, especially in the elder, because collagen levels decrease as you age.
- Jojoba oil is nonirritating. The allergic reaction after using jojoba oil is rare.
- Jojoba oil can be found in some natural sunscreen products. This is because vitamin E found in jojoba oil, when combined with other powerful antioxidants, can protect the skin from sun damage.
- Jojoba oil can help keep acne at bay thanks to its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, healing and moisturizing properties.
- Jojoba oil can help soothe psoriasis, eczema as well as other drying skin conditions thanks to its healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Jojoba oil helps minimize the appearance of scars thanks to jojoba oil’s wound-healing agents combined with its content of vitamin E.
- Jojoba oil can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles thanks to its antioxidant properties. This oil helps improve the skin’s elasticity and slow down the signs of aging.
List of 14 Tips How To Treat Psoriasis On Face, Hand, Scalp, Ears, & Eyelids Fast will show you some of the best tips that can help you treat psoriasis on face and body, so check it out!
II. How To Use Jojoba Oil On Face Naturally
Now, we will show you some of the simplest ways on how to use jojoba oil on face for oily skin, for acne and for other skin problems. All of these ways are safe and simple to apply, so you can consider applying any of these ways at the comfort of your own home.
1. Use It As A Cleanser
This should be the first one among great ways on how to use jojoba oil on face naturally that we want to mention in this article. You can use jojoba oil to cleanse your skin. Basically, jojoba oil picks up the sebum from the skin, making it easier to remove from the skin. Besides, because jojoba oil is light, so it is good for the cleansing method.
- Start with dry facial skin and hands.
- Then, apply 1- 2 drops of jojoba oil to your face
- Gently massage the skin, especially clogged area around the nose.
- Remove it using a warm washcloth after 30 seconds
- Note: You should avoid extra massage if you have severely irritated or inflamed acne.
2. Use It As A Simple Moisturizer
Jojoba oil can make the skin moisturized, supple and soft. It quickly absorbs into the skin and leaves no oil residue. This also creates a barrier against allergens, moisture loss and dust pollution. Before using jojoba oil as a moisturizer, you need to ensure that your skin is cleansed. You may know whether or not you used the right amount when your skin is just hydrated and not oily after a few minutes.
Method 1: Direct Application
- Apply a small amount of jojoba oil onto your face before you sleep.
- Let it absorb for several minutes.
Method 2: Daytime Lotion
- Dilute some jojoba oil with water in a clean spray bottle
- Then, spray it all over your skin after showering.
Method 3: Nighttime Moisturizer
- Add a few drops of jojoba oil to your nighttime moisturizer
- Then, apply it to your facial skin before going to sleep.
3. Mix It With Tea Tree Oil
By adding a drop of tea tree oil to some jojoba oil, you can increase the natural goodness of jojoba oil. This mixture contains antibacterial and inflammatory properties that are good for treating acne. Actually, this is known as a great way on how to use jojoba oil on face for acne that you should not forget.
To know some of the best home remedies for black spots, read on 30 Best Natural Home Remedies For Black Spots On Face And Nose
4. Use It To Treat Skin Disorders
If you are suffering from skin disorders like rosacea and eczema, you can consider using jojoba oil. This is because jojoba oil contains anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness caused due to dry skin as well as other skin conditions. Simply, you just need to soak a cotton ball in some jojoba oil and then apply it directly to your infected skin area. Repeat this process twice daily for the best results.
5. Use It To Remove Sun Tan
Keep in mind that being in the sun for long can harm the skin, even if you use a strong sunblock. You may end up with skin redness, pain and sunburns. To relieve your sunburns, you can try applying jojoba oil over your affected areas. Jojoba oil is rich in vitamins B-complex and E, so it can help repair the damaged skin while relieving the burning sensation. Therefore, if you are worried about your sunburns and want to relieve with the help of essential oils, you can consider making use of jojoba oil.
To know some of the best ways that can help you remove sun tan on face and body, read on 34 Tips How To Remove Sun Tan On Face, Neck, Hands, & Legs Naturally
6. Use It To Reduce Signs Of Aging
Apart from making the skin moisturized and firm, jojoba oil is also good for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hence making you look younger. This is because jojoba oil is rich in vitamin E that helps eliminate the harmful free radicals causing skin aging. According to a study , the regular use of jojoba oil can reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Besides, the antioxidants and linoleic acid found in jojoba oil can help regenerate the skin cells. For the better results, you can use jojoba oil with a moisturizing cream or a face wash. Nonetheless, direct topical application shows the best results.
7. Use It To Treat Stubborn Acne
This is another great way on how to use jojoba oil on face for acne that you should not look down, yet try to apply for good. According to a research about causes of acne , clogged pores can lead to acne or pimples. Many skincare products that claim to reduce pimples and acne contain animal fat. But, the fact is that these products can make your problem even worse. Therefore, it is better to use natural oils, such as jojoba oil.
Jojoba oil is non-greasy and antiseptic, so it is good for treating acne. It clears the clogged pores, blemishes and leaves no scars. Addition to this, the use of jojoba oil also helps reduce the pore size and simultaneously control oil secretion, hence preventing recurrence of acne. To use jojoba oil for treating acne, you just need to apply some jojoba oil on your affected areas and then leave it on overnight. The next morning, you wash it off with clean water.
8. Use It As A Pre/Post-Shaving Moisturizer
One of the simplest ways to fight annoying red bumps after shaving is to moisturize it. Simply, rub some diluted jojoba oil onto the skin area before shaving in order to help soften the skin. After shaving, you can do the same or use your regular moisturizer. Actually, this is also another benefit of jojoba oil for facial skin that male readers should not look down, yet try to apply for good.
9. Use It To Balance Oil Production
This is another great way on how to use jojoba oil on face for oily skin that you should know and then try to make use for good. Jojoba oil also works well on oily skin. It does not clog pores and prevents the skin from secreting more natural oil, hence balancing oil production. To get rid of dirt and grease from your face by using jojoba oil, you just need to wash your face and pat it dry. Then, you apply some jojoba oil all over your face. Jojoba oil contains many essential minerals, so it can give you a healthy and glowing skin.
10. Use It As A Good Makeup Remover
Jojoba oil contains cleansing properties, so you can use it as a makeup remover. Actually, this oil can help remove all traces of makeup, including eye makeup like liner, mascara and eyeshadow. You just need to soak a cotton ball in some jojoba oil and then rub it all over your face. After that, remove the oil residue from the face by using a moist cotton ball. However, you remember that the areas around the eyes are very sensitive; therefore, you should gently apply jojoba oil.
11. Use It To Reduce Under-Eye Dark Circles
If you have under-eye dark circles and want to deal with them using natural ingredients, you can consider using jojoba oil. This oil can help reduce the inflammation around the under-eye area, giving you an even skin tone.
- Mix equal amounts of chamomile essential oil and jojoba oil
- Gently massage this mixture under your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
12. Use It To Heal Cracked Heels
If you are worried about dry and cracked heels, you can consider using jojoba oil. Regularly applying jojoba oil on the feet can keep them smooth and simultaneously prevent cracked heels. For better results, you can apply the jojoba oil, put on socks and leave them on for about one hour.
13. Use It To Keep The Nails Healthy
Many people have really dry cuticles and their nails are prone to breakage. To deal with this, you apply some jojoba oil on your brittle and dry cuticles after bathing. For the best results, repeat this process daily. According to a research , jojoba oil contains vitamin E that can reduce breakage, moisturize the cuticles, and stimulate healthy nail growth. Moreover, it also contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in preventing damage to your cuticles.
14. Use It To Reduce Skin Inflammation
The antibacterial properties found in jojoba oil can help reduce skin inflammation and heal cuts, wounds as well as minor infections like warts and cold sores. Besides, jojoba oil also helps reduce the pain, redness and swelling caused by an injury. So, you do not forget this amazing oil whenever you suffer from injuries and cuts.
If you want to discover other great ways on how to use jojoba oil on face for oily skin and for acne, you should continue to read the rest of this article and then try to add jojoba oil to your skincare routine as soon as possible.
15. Use It As A Body Oil
Jojoba oil can be applied to all over the body before taking a bath. It can hydrate the body; therefore, you do not need to use a body lotion after bathing. Jojoba oil quickly and easily absorbs into the skin and simultaneously stimulates blood flow, making the skin glow. Besides, you can also use this oil for massaging the body. It has a pleasant smell and non-greasy texture that can give you a soothing and hydrating feeling.
16. Use It To Soften The Lips
If you want to soften your lips, you can consider using jojoba oil. Its waxy structure can help make up for the lost moisture from your lips. Also, it locks in the moisture for longer, making your lips soft and supple. You can apply a little jojoba oil to your lips before you apply your makeup. Also, to make your own lip balm at home using jojoba oil, you can take the following steps:
- Firstly, melt 2 tsp. of beeswax in a double boiler.
- Then, add 2 tsp. of jojoba oil after the beeswax completely melts.
- Mix them well and remove it from the heat.
- Add 3-4 drops of your favourite flavour.
- After that, transfer it to a glass jar and allow it to cool down.
- Finally, store it in the refrigerator.
17. Use It To Enhance Eyelash or Eyebrow
When it comes to learning how to use jojoba oil on face, you should not forget that this oil can be used to enhance eyelash or eyebrow naturally. If you want to thicken your eyebrow or eyelashes, jojoba oil can be helpful. Fortunately, jojoba oil is gentle enough to rub around your eye area and it actually helps with hair growth. Simply, spread a little bit of jojoba oil on each eyebrow or eyelash. Just make sure that you do not accidentally poke them to keep them staying healthy.
18. Use It To Reduce Stretch Marks
This is the last way on how to use jojoba oil on face that we want to mention in this article today. Jojoba oil can be used to prevent and reduce the stretch marks. The only thing you need to do is to rub a small amount of jojoba oil over your belly. Repeat this process twice per day during pregnancy and after giving birth.
Some things you should keep in mind before you use jojoba oil:
- Jojoba oil has many uses and can be used to deal with many skin conditions. However, you have to ensure that you are using 100% pure jojoba oil. If jojoba oil is contaminated with any of the other substance, this oil can worsen your skin problems.
- Unlike other essential oils, you do not need to dilute jojoba oil before using. Instead, apply it directly to your skin.
- You should use the small amount of jojoba oil.
- The skin should absorb jojoba oil completely. And, if it leaves any greasy residue behind, you have to stop using the oil.
- If you have a rash or other allergic response, you should stop using jojoba oil.
- Although using jojoba oil is safe, there are some cases in which jojoba oil can cause an allergic reaction such as hives  and itching. To avoid these unwanted side effects, you should do a patch test before using jojoba oil.
After reading this interesting article, we hope that all of my readers can know the benefits of jojoba oil for skin as well as some of the best ways on how to use jojoba oil on face. Actually, using jojoba oil is safe and offers many benefits for your skin conditions, especially for dry skin and acne-prone skin. Therefore, you should not skip this essential oil, yet consider adding it to your skincare routine.
Also, if you think that this list is helpful and can help other people around you, you should feel free to share this list with them and then stimulate them to use jojoba oil as a treatment for their skin problems. If you know other great ways on how to use jojoba oil on face, you remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment box below. For further skincare facts and tips, you can visit our Skincare Category right now.