Cold feet do not just involve in feeling nervous before big events. Many people literally have cold feet, and feel cold to the touch. Some causes of cold feet are harmless and temporary, but other causes could show more serious health conditions.
List Of Simple Ways On How To Get Rid Of Cold Feet Naturally
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the simple yet effective ways that can teach you how to get rid of old feet and hands with ease. Moreover, all of these treatments use natural ingredients that you can find in your kitchen, so you can apply any of these treatments at the comfort of your own home.
There are some home remedies that can restore the warmth in your body, especially the feet and hands. They include:
Hydrotherapy is one of the best ways on how to get rid of cold feet at night that helps restore warmth to your feet. It uses both warm and cold water soaks. The cold water soak aids to reduce symptoms of cold feet while warm water soak aids to improve blood circulation.
- Fill one foot basin with cold water and the other foot basin with warm water.
- Then, soak your feet in the basin with cold water for 2 minutes.
- Switch to the basin with warm water for 1 minute.
- Keep alternating between both basins for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Next, pat it dry and wear warm socks
- Repeat this process a few times daily for the best results.
- Note: You can mix some rosemary, ginger, cypress or peppermint essential oil in the water.
2. Warm Oil Massage
Massaging your feet can help restore warmth by stimulating blood circulation to your extremities, making it one of the best ways on how to get rid of cold feet in bed. Besides, regular foot massage can help make your feet healthy.
- Slightly warm some coconut, olive, or sesame oil for a few seconds.
- Then, apply this warm oil on your cold feet.
- Gently massage from toe to ankle for about 10 minutes.
- Next, repeat with the other foot.
- After that, wear cotton socks.
- Repeat this remedy daily before bedtime and once again during the day.
Ginger promotes blood flow and combats cold extremities. This is because ginger contains compounds such as zingerone and gingerols, which have warming effects on the body. Addition to this, it can reduce the risk of developing blood clots. To use ginger as a cold feet treatment, you can try any of the following methods:
- Simmer 1 tbsp. of sliced ginger in about 2 cups of water for about 10 minutes.
- Strain it, add raw honey and then drink it 2- 3 times daily.
- Add some ginger slices to a pot of boiled water.
- Then, cool it down and soak your feet in it for about 15 minutes
- Repeat this process twice daily.
- Take ginger supplements after you consult your doctor for a proper dosage.
4. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper has a compound called capsaicin, which supports the blood circulation throughout the body. Also, cayenne pepper will keep your feet warm and simultaneously reduce the symptoms such as tingling sensations and swelling in the legs.
- Spread 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper in your thick socks.
- Wear a thin pair of socks before putting on the thick socks with cayenne pepper.
- Massage the soles of your feet with a cream that contains capsaicin.
- Take a cayenne pepper supplement after you consult your doctor.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is considered as a natural treatment for cold feet. This is because green tea helps enhance the functioning of the vessels, which carry blood flow to your feet. If you want to use green tea in order to treat cold feet, you can try either of the following methods:
- Add 1 tsp. of green tea leaves to one cup of boiling water
- Cover and then steep for about 5 minutes.
- Then, strain, add a little bit of honey and drink it.
- Drink 2-3 cups of green tea on a daily basis.
- Steep 3- 4 green tea bags in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Then, remove the tea bags before soaking your feet in it for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice per day.
6. Homemade Foot Treatment
Many ingredients found in your kitchen can be used to treat cold feet. And, you can consider making this homemade foot treatment if you want to get rid of cold feet naturally.
- Add ½ tsp. each of cayenne pepper and cinnamon powder, 1 tsp. of olive oil, and 1 tbsp. each of grated ginger and honey to ½ cup of oat powder.
- Then, add 4 tbsp. of warm water.
- Optionally, add 4 drops of sweet orange oil for the better results.
- When all of these ingredients are well-mixed, apply this paste to your feet.
- Next, cover your feet with warm and moist washcloths.
- Leave it on for about 15- 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
7. Increase Iron Intake
People who experience iron-deficiency anemia often have cold feet. This occurs when blood with a low level of hemoglobin cannot get a proper oxygen supply to body’s organs and tissues. Studies found that women aged from 19 to 50 require 18mg of iron on a daily basis while men require 8 mg on a daily basis.
To deal with iron deficiency, you should include iron-rich foods such as apples, dates, liver, lentils, red meat, tofu, spinach, soybean flour, almonds, dried apricots, oysters, watercress, and asparagus in your daily diet plan. Alternatively, you can try taking an iron supplement after you consult your doctor for your proper dosage. Keep in mind that high iron doses can harm your body.