A shining set of sparkling white teeth can make people appear more attractive, healthier and younger that attract everyone around. Many people do not want to smile in public as they are self-conscious about the yellow colour of their teeth. This is really an embarrassment so that readers need to learn how to whiten yellow teeth from smoking and other triggers right here with Healthy Guide!
- 34 Best Ways to Remove White Spots from Teeth Fast & Naturally/ 35 Tips How to Stop a Toothache from a Broken Tooth Naturally
Teeth may become yellow due to aging gradually by time, poor dental hygiene, hereditary factors, or the excessive intake of coffee, tea, tobacco, as well as cigarettes.
Besides, infection, climatic conditions, high doses of antibiotics, and improper metabolism can also lead to the discolouring of our teeth.
People usually seek professional cure to remove the yellow tinge from their teeth, but treating this issue may take time and can be very costly for some cases.
If you really want to learn to whiten yellow teeth naturally at home overnight, you can try some natural remedies.
Causes Of Yellow Teeth
There are a lot of different triggers that lead the teeth to become dull and lose their bright, white sparkle.
Certain food items can stain your enamel, which is the outermost layer of the teeth. In addition, plaque build-up on your teeth can lead them to appear yellow.
This type of discoloration can often be cured with whitening remedies and regular cleaning.
Nevertheless, sometimes teeth look yellow as the hard enamel has eroded away, revealing the dentin underneath – a naturally bony, yellow tissue that lies underneath the enamel.
II. How To Whiten Yellow Teeth Naturally
There are a lot of ingredients that you can use to get back your pearly white smile available right in your kitchen.
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the best ways that can help you know how to whiten yellow teeth fast and naturally at home.
Salt is one of the fundamental dental cleansing agents that is used widely and have been used for a very long time for people at all ages. It can aid a lot in replenishing the lost mineral content in the teeth and also supporting revive their white color. There are two ways to make use of salt as one tip on how to whiten yellow teeth from smoking and other trigger factors overnight you can try at home:
- You can try mixing common salt with baking soda and use it to rub gently onto your teeth.
- You can try using common salt on a regular basis every morning like a tooth powder, as a replacement for toothpaste. Another choice is to combine common salt with charcoal and brush your teeth using it on a regular basis.
Be extra careful when you use salt as it can lead to damage to your tooth enamel and gums if used roughly.
The bleaching property contained in lemons can also aid a lot in getting rid of yellow discoloration. In reality, scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel and gargling with lemon juice is one of the best ways on how to whiten yellow teeth fast and naturally at home. Here are 3 ways you can try at home to improve your own case:
- Mix together some salt with 3 – 5 drops of lemon juice.
- Try applying the mixture on the stained teeth and rubbing the paste vigorously over your gums and teeth. Let it stay within 3 – 5 minutes and then wash your mouth thoroughly using water.
- Apply this method two times per day for about 2 – 3 weeks to get rid of the yellow tinge and tartar.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
The mild bleaching influence of hydrogen peroxide can aid a lot in making the yellow teeth white again. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural bleaching agent that can also kill bacteria in your mouth, according to a study .
In fact, people have been using hydrogen peroxide for a very long time to disinfect wounds due to its ability to kill bacteria. Several commercial whitening products have hydrogen peroxide, although at a much higher focus than you will use.
Unluckily, there are not any study to show the influences of brushing or rinsing with hydrogen peroxide alone, but many studies have analyzed commercial toothpastes that contain peroxide.
One research  discovered that 1% hydrogen peroxide mixed with a toothpaste having baking soda can lead to significantly whiter teeth.
Another study  discovered that brushing with a commercial toothpaste having baking soda and peroxide 2 times per day can cause 62% whiter teeth in 6 weeks.
However, there are some questions regarding the safety of using hydrogen peroxide.
While heavily diluted concentrations appear safe, overuse or strong concentrations can lead to tooth sensitivity and gum irritation, according to a research . There is also concern that high doses may lead to cancer, but this has not been proven. There are two ways you can use to whiten yellow teeth with the help of hydrogen peroxide
- You can try making a paste of hydrogen peroxide with baking soda and gently brush your teeth using it. Later, brush your teeth with your toothpaste on a regular basis.
- Brush your teeth and gargle with a mouthwash that contains hydrogen peroxide. Remember not to swallow the hydrogen peroxide as it can harm your health.
Use hydrogen peroxide with extra caution as it can lead to the irritation of the gums and make your teeth sensitive.
Strawberries have a good content of vitamin C, which can aid a lot in making your teeth whiter.
- The first choice is to mix the pulp of 1 strawberry with ½ tsp. of baking soda and spread the combination onto your teeth and allow it to stay within about 3 – 5 minutes. Wash out your mouth and brush your teeth using toothpaste to get rid of the residues.
- Grind 3 – 5 strawberries to create a paste. Rub the paste gently onto your teeth. If done 2 times per day for 3 – 5 weeks, the yellow tinge on your teeth will vanish.
Keep reading the article to find out more tips on how to whiten yellow teeth naturally and fast at home as they are ahead waiting for you to discover!
5. Orange Peel
Use fresh orange peel to clean your teeth on a regular basis to reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth. This is the best way you can try at home with the help of orange peel to whiten your yellow teeth:
- Rub orange peel over your teeth before you go to sleep every night. The vitamin C and calcium contained in the orange peel will combat the microorganisms throughout the night.
- Apply this method for 3 – 5 weeks and you will see effective results.
If fresh orange peel is not available, you can try using dried powdered orange peel.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda contains natural whitening properties, which is why it is a popular ingredient in commercial toothpaste. It is a mild abrasive that can aid a lot in scrubbing away surface stains on the teeth. In addition, baking soda can create an alkaline environment in the mouth, which can help to prevent bacteria from growing, according to a research .
This is not a natural treatment that can help to whiten your teeth overnight, but you should notice a difference in your teeth’s appearance over time.
Science has not yet proven that brushing with plain baking soda can help a lot in whitening your teeth, but many studies discover that toothpaste with baking soda contains a great whitening effect.
A study  discovered that toothpastes which have baking soda were significantly more useful at removing yellow stains from teeth than standard toothpastes without baking soda. The higher the concentration of baking soda, the greater the effect.
Furthermore, a review of 5 studies  discovered that toothpastes which have baking soda removed plaque from teeth more efficiently than non-baking soda toothpastes.
- You can try scrubbing your teeth gently for at least 2 minutes with diluted baking soda. Do this 2 times in the first week, and then every fifteen days. It is essential to note that excess use of baking soda can help a lot in striping your teeth of its natural enamel.
- You can try making a whitening mouthwash by combining 1 tbsp. of baking soda and 1 ½ tsps. of hydrogen peroxide with 1 cup of cold water. Rinse with the mouthwash 2 – 3 times per day.
- Alternatively, you can try mixing baking soda with hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, or lemon juice.
- Mix ¼ tsp. of baking soda with some toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this gritty combination and use warm water to rinse your teeth off. Use it 1 – 2 times per week to achieve the best result.
This is also one of the best tips on how to whiten yellow teeth overnight naturally you should try at home once. Consuming a crunchy apple can help a lot in scrubbing your teeth like a toothbrush and make them whiter. Try this way to achieve the best result with the help of apples:
- Try to consume 1 – 2 apples per day to get rid of yellow stain accumulated on the teeth. Chew the apple thoroughly so that the acidic nature of the apple and the fiber-rich rough apple flesh get ample time to work for your yellow teeth.
- You can also try eating other crunchy food items such as broccoli, cucumbers, and raw carrots.
8. Holy Basil
The leaves of holy basil contain whitening properties and can also help a lot in protecting your teeth from related health issues, such as pyorrhea, an advanced form of periodontal disease. There are also two great ways on how to whiten yellow teeth fast at home with the help of holy basil you can try at home:
- The first choice is to create a paste of mustard oil and holy basil leaves and then use it to rinse off your teeth.
- Put 3 – 5 leaves of holy basil in the sun for 3 – 5 hours. As the leaves are dry, grind them into powder form. Mix the powder with your regular toothpaste and use it to brush your teeth.
You can also use margosa or neem to enjoy healthy, white teeth. Due to the antiseptic and astringent properties, the regular use of margosa oil can also aid a lot in getting rid of bad breath and preventing dental cavities.
- You can try mixing margosa oil with your toothpaste as normal and then brush your teeth.
- You can also try using margosa twigs as a toothbrush to rinse your teeth off. Chewing margosa branches can also help a lot in tackling teeth issues and remove yellow discoloring.
Along with these natural cures, you need to practice regular oral hygiene to get the best positive results. If you do not achieve good results after a long time using this method, you can consult a dentist.
This is the last but not the least tip on how to whiten your yellow teeth naturally at home that everyone should not miss! Charcoal is actually among of the best well-known home treatments for yellow teeth. Charcoal  contains a powerful crystal-based chemical that can help to whiten teeth.
- Try mixing some powdered charcoal with your regular toothpaste and brush your teeth gently.
- Do this 2 times per day to make your teeth sparkling white.
If you do not have charcoal, you can try using the ashes of burnt rosemary and burnt bread to make your teeth whiter.
After reading this interesting article, we hope that all of my readers can know clearly how to whiten yellow teeth overnight you should consider practising if you want to improve your current appearance. If you think that this list is helpful and can help other people around you to improve your teeth’s colour, feel free to share this list with them as soon as possible. One more thing, if you know other tips on how to whiten yellow teeth from smoking and other trigger factors naturally at home, remember to share them with us by leaving your comments in the comment box below.