Sunburn blisters can cause extreme pain and itching. In some cases, these blisters can result in skin infections, more pain, a fever and swelling. They can be treated with some effective home remedies that can help relieve pain, prevent further skin infection and boost the healing process.
How To Get Rid Of Sunburn Blisters On Skin And Face- Top 20 Home Remedies:
Now, I will reveal some ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters in details. If you want to get more information about skincare and home remedies for sunburn blisters, you should keep your eyes on this article and then consider following one or more of these tips as soon as possible.
I. Symptoms Of Sunburn Blisters
Sunburn blisters can occur on the skin after a few sunburns and they can be painful. They will appear a few hours to a day after the sun exposure. And the pain often subsides after 2 days although it will take more than a week for the sunburn blisters to fade. After healing, they may leave darker or lighter spots that can last for 6-12 months.
Sunburns that are serious enough to result in blisters can also lead to sun poisoning. Some sun poisoning symptoms are chills, vomiting, fevers, nausea, dizziness and blistering. If you experience some of these symptoms, immediately seek a medical help.
II. How To Get Rid Of Sunburn Blisters- Top 20 Home Remedies:
Now, read this article to discover some of the best home remedies for sunburn blisters that you can apply at home with ease. These home remedies are proven to be effective in treating the inflammation, pain and itching caused by sunburn blisters without causing unwanted side effect, so feel free to make use of them for good.
1. Cold Compress
According to a study about cold compress for pain , you can relieve the inflammation and get a relief from the pain caused by sunburn blisters by making use of cold compresses.
- Soak a clean towel in cold water, take out the excess water and then place this towel on your sunburn blisters.
- Repeat this process a few times and you will get a relief from the sensation of burning and itching.
- Note: You should not apply ice directly to your affected skin areas because it can worsen your skin condition. Addition to this, you should not take warm baths for a couple of days. Instead, take a cool bath to help reduce the pain.
List of 15 Effective Natural Home Remedies For Itchy Skin to know more about effective natural treatments for itchy skin that you can apply at home with ease, so check it out!
This is one of the best ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters that you should know for good. Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar are useful to treating sunburn blisters. Follow the instructions below:
- Dilute some vinegar with cool water and then soak a soft cloth into this solution.
- Gently apply it on your affected skin areas. It will help to absorb the heat and reduce the burning sensation.
- Also, you can spray some vinegar directly on your sunburn blisters to reduce the pain.
- natively, you can mix equal amounts of vinegar and honey and then use this mixture to apply on your sunburn blisters.
- Repeat this process once a day to prevent infection.
According to a study , turmeric contains antiseptic and healing agents that can help in relieving pain and inflammation associated with sunburn blisters.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of turmeric powder and some water to create a paste.
- Apply this paste over your affected skin areas and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can make a thick paste of barley, yogurt and turmeric powder.
- Apply this mixture over your facial skin where sunburn blisters are present and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with cold water.
- Reapply this home remedy once a day until your sunburn blisters have gone.
- Note: The skin may turn yellow after using turmeric, but this will disappear over several days.
To know more about effective natural home remedies for treating spots on face and skin, read the 20 Effective Ways On How To Get Rid Of Spots On Face Fast
4. Aloe Vera
Using aloe vera is known as an effective natural treatment for minor sunburn blisters. According to a study about benefits of aloe vera for skincare , it helps to relieve pain, rehydrate the affected skin areas and boost up the healing process.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf to take the gel.
- Apply the aloe vera gel on your affected skin areas and leave it on for minutes.
- Note: If you do not have fresh aloe vera, you can purchase an aloe vera gel on the market.
Read on How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Fast And Naturally – 25 Tips and then apply these natural treatments for stretch marks fast.
Tomato juice can help reduce the burning sensation and boost up the healing process. There are some simple methods to make use of tomato for treating sunburn blisters. To use tomato for treating sunburn blisters, take the following steps:
- Mix 1/4 cup of tomato paste or tomato juice with 1 ½ cup of buttermilk.
- Apply this mixture on your sunburn blisters and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with the help of cold water.
- Alternatively, you can add 2 cups of tomato juice to the bath water and then soak yourself in this water for about 15 minutes.
- Another option for you is to mix a mashed tomato with a few crushed ice.
- Gently apply this mixture over your sunburn blisters to reduce the pain.
If you want to know more about natural ways to remove sun tan from the skin fast and naturally, read on How To Remove Sun Tan From Face & Hands Naturally – 34 Ways
Oatmeal can be used to get rid of sunburn blisters by soothing the skin and boosting the process of healing. If you want to make use of oatmeal to treat sunburn blisters, follow the instructions below:
- At first, you fill a bathtub with water and then add 2 cups of oatmeal powder.
- Soak yourself in this oatmeal bath for 30 minutes or more.
- You can add some rose petals to this water for better results.
- Alternatively, you can wrap 1 cup of oatmeal in a muslin or cotton cloth and then bring it to a boil for a couple of minutes.
- Allow it to naturally cool down and then use it when soaking yourself in cool bath water.
Actually, it is one of the best ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on face that you should make use if you want to deal with the symptoms of sunburn blisters naturally.
When it comes to ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on skin, you should not skip potato. Raw potato can help reduce the pain, cool the affected skin and speed up the process of healing. Now, take the following steps to get rid of sunburn blisters at home:
- Take a raw potato and then cut it into some thick slices.
- Add them to a blender to get a paste.
- Apply this paste to your sunburn blisters and leave it on for minutes.
- After it dries out, you rinse it off using cold water.
- Repeat this home remedy daily for the best results.
Actually, this is one of the widely-used ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters at home that you should not look down, yet try to follow for good.
8. Baking Soda
According to a study about home remedies for itchy skin , baking soda can be soothing to your skin. Addition to this, it has antiseptic substances that can support to reduce the itching associated with sunburn blisters.
- Fill the bathtub with water and then add ¼ cup of baking soda to this water.
- Soak your body in the bath water for about 20 minutes.
- For better results, you can mix 1 tsp. of baking soda and a cup of water and then apply it on your sunburn blisters.
- Also, you can apply a mixture of baking soda and vinegar onto your affected skin areas before bedtime,
There are some of the other ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters in this article. Therefore, you should continue reading this entire article to discover these effective home remedies and then consider following one or more of them for good.
9. Lettuce Leaves
Lettuce is effective in fighting the inflammation and pain caused by sunburn blisters. In fact, it is another one of the most effective ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on skin that you should know and then try to make use if you want to reduce the pain and itching caused by sunburn blisters.
- Add some lettuce leaves to water and bring it a boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and place it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Apply this solution to your sunburn blisters a couple of times a day.
- Alternatively, you can put some lettuce leaves in the fridge and then apply them directly on your sunburn blisters.
- Repeat this remedy a couple times a day until you get an improvement.
This is another one out of the ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on skin that a lot of people in the world love and have been making use. This herb can be effective in reducing sunburn blisters as well as its symptoms.
- Add some drops of chamomile oil to 1 tbsp. of almond oil
- Apply this solution on your affected skin areas.
- Repeat this method 1-2 times a day for a better relief from itchiness and pain.
- Also, you can soak some chamomile tea bags in a cup of cold water and then apply these tea bags on your affected skin areas.
Cucumber is another natural treatment for sunburn blisters due to its cooling properties. Simply, apply a cucumber paste to your affected skin areas to draw out the heat and keep the skin cool. Otherwise, you can consume fresh cucumbers to help cool the body and boost up the healing process.
12. Coconut Oil
Another one of the best ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on face that you should know must include coconut oil. Coconut oil can help soothe the sunburned skin and reduce inflammation caused by sunburn blisters. This is because it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that are good for reducing sunburn.
- Apply coconut oil directly to your sunburn blisters.
- Also, you can use coconut oil mixed with aloe vera to reduce and moisturize the skin.
To know natural oils that are good for skin, read on List Of Natural Oils For Skin Care – Top 30 Great Oils To Apply
13. Rosehip Seed Oil
It is made of 77% fatty acids, so it can hydrate the skin well. Also, it contains essential vitamins and nutrients that may help restore the balance of the skin. Gently apply the oil into your affected skin areas several times a day until they are healed. In fact, this is known as one of the best ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on skin that you should not miss, but try to follow this home remedy if you want to deal with sunburn blisters fast and naturally.
When it comes to ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on skin, you should not miss milk. You can apply cool milk to your affected skin areas with the help of a clean cloth. The milk will be able to create a protein film to help to reduce comfort caused by sunburn blisters. Similarly, yogurt applied to your affected skin areas also can be soothing. Actually, milk is one of the best ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters that you should know and then try to make use for good.
15. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has many beauty benefits and it is found in many cosmetic products due to its astringent substances and its power to relieve inflammation. Also, it can prevent skin infections from spreading. To use witch hazel for sunburn blisters, you can apply some witch hazel to your affected skin areas by soaking a cotton ball in a cup of witch hazel. Then, gently apply on the sunburns. Another option for you is to moisten a soft cloth with some witch hazel and then cover your affected skin areas.
In fact, a lot of people are making use witch hazel to treat the symptoms of sunburn blisters, so you should also make use of this plant if you want to treat your sunburn blisters at home.
16. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and it can support to reduce inflammation and pain caused by sunburn. Apply some vitamin E oil on your skin or take a dose of vitamin E supplement. Actually, using vitamin E is one of the best ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters that you should not miss, but try to make use as soon as possible.
17. Black Tea
Black tea is known as one of the best ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters that you should know and then try to make use for good. Applying freshly brewed black tea to affected skin areas with the help of a clean cloth may be effective in treating sunburn blisters. This is because the tannic acid found in black tea can help draw out the heat from sunburnt skin and help in restoring the skin’s pH balance. You can add some mint leaves to the tea for better effects. Simply, apply black tea bags soaked in ice water to affected skin areas to reduce inflammation and soothe the burn.
18. Dry Bandages
Another one on the list of ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on skin that you should not skip must include using dry bandages. You may want to pop the fluid trapped in the sunburn blisters. This can cause skin infection and you should avoid it at all costs. Simply, put dry cotton bandages over your sunburn blisters to help prevent them from popping and boost a faster healing process.
Do you want to discover other ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on face and skin? Continue reading this entire article and then consider applying these ways for good.
Honey is one of the best healers and it can work well to prevent infection. Simply, you apply honey directly to your affected skin areas. Do not rinse it off as it will support to prevent skin infection. Also, you can mix honey and vinegar and then apply it to the sunburn blisters. In fact, this is actually one of the most effective ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on face that you should not look down, but consider applying this home remedy as soon as possible to treat the symptoms of sunburn blisters fast.
When it comes to ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on face, you should not skip out the fact that using buttermilk can help you treat te symptoms of blisters naturally. It has cooling properties and is good for sunburn blisters. It helps take the heat away and soothe the inflamed skin. If you have no actual buttermilk, you can combine a cup of yogurt and a cup of water to create a mixture.
Other Ways To Treat Sunburn Blisters:
- Do not pop or pick sunburn blisters as this can cause infections and damages to the skin
- Drink plenty of water
- Apply some moisturizer containing aloe vera gel on your affected skin areas
- Mix cornstarch and water to create a paste and then apply it to sunburnt skin
- Apply petroleum jelly or Aquaphor ointment to sunburnt skin areas.
- Use some essential oils like lavender or Helichrysum to apply in small amounts on the skin.
- Take ibuprofen to relieve swelling and discomfort
- Avoid sun exposure
Of course, it is better to prevent sunburn and sunburn blisters by following tips:
- Avoid being in the sun, from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. If you have to go out during these times, you should try to sit in the shade.
- Use a sunscreen with SPF of at least 30. Apply it every two hours.
- Wear a hat and cover exposed skin areas.
- Avoid perfumes or soap in the bath water
These home remedies will reduce the pain and discomfort caused by sunburn blisters. However, if your symptoms cannot be improved within a few days, seek medical help. After you read this article of 20 ways on how to get rid of sunburn blisters on face and skin, I hope that all of the readers of Healthy Guide will find the best solution to deal with the symptoms of their sunburn blisters and then apply one or more of these ways as soon as possible. These home remedies for sunburn blisters as I mentioned above are proven effective in treating the symptoms of sunburn blisters and they do not cause unwanted side effects as well, so do not worry when following any of these natural treatments at home. If you know other ways that can help to treat sunburn blisters at home and other beauty advices, remember to share them with us by leaving your comments and feedbacks below.