Most people always face with acne that is the most popular skin condition with some different degree. However, acne has the primary affect teenagers who are undergoing hormonal changes. Acne may be a mild level with few occasional pimples, a moderate level with inflammatory papules, or even severe level with nodules and cysts. Because of being asked by many readers, Healthyguide decided to publish a new article named “Homemade mud masks for acne scars”. This new writing explains you the causes of acne, its symptoms, benefits when applying mud masks for acne as well as detailed steps to make mud masks for acne scars at home.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- I. Causes Of Acne
- II. Acne symptoms
- III. Benefits Of Applying Mud Masks For Acne
- IV. Homemade Mud Masks For Acne
- 1. Tea Tree Oil & Fuller’s Earth Mask
- 2. Neem Powder & Fuller’s Earth Mask
- 3. Honey, Bentonite Clay & Essential Oil Mask
- 4. Honey & Bentonite Clay Mask
- 5. Bentonite Clay & Ativated Charcoal Mask
- 6. Tea Tree Oil, Oats & Bentonite Clay Mask
I. Causes Of Acne
Acne cause is mainly a hormonal condition which is driven by male or called as ‘androgenic’ hormones. The hormones are active typically during the teenage years. When the sensitive hormones are combined with bad bacteria on the skin along with fatty acids in oil glands, this will cause acne. Several common places for the appearance of acne are the face, neck, shoulders, chest, and back.
Even though acne is believed as a normal physiologic occurrence, a few certain conditions may make the condition more severe, including:
- Manipulating (prodding or picking) acne lesions
- Fluctuation of hormone levels during the time of menses
- Clothing such as hats, sports helmets or headgear
II. Acne Symptoms
If you want to learn about signs and symptoms of acne to be able to have proper treatments, the content below will be useful for you.
The acne symptoms depend on the severity of the skin condition, such as:
- Whiteheads caused by closed plugged pores
- Blackheads caused by open plugged pores exposing to the air
- Small red and tender bumps
- Pimples (pustules)
- Cystic lesions
III. Benefits Of Applying Mud Masks For Acne
There are many ways to treat acne, but you should try to apply several natural treatments. By using natural and simple ingredients that are found in your kitchen easily, you can say goodbye to acne within several weeks. In this writing, we want to introduce to you about effective homemade mud masks for acne that are the best and natural treatments to get rid of the condition.
Before making the impressive mud masks for acne at home, you should know about benefits of a mud mask below:
- The oil-soaking feature of mud masks is able to minimize acne as well as blemishes quickly.
- They assist in soaking up excess oil from your skin in the best way, particularly you have oily or combination skin type.
- Mud masks for acne have the ability to detoxify and cleanse pores on your skin.
- Your skin texture is improved fast.
- The masks contain a tightening property on the skin, which reduce wrinkles and fine lines, thus leading to slowing the aging process.
- The masks aid in taking away bacteria along with dead cells.
- The muscles on your face get relaxed and massaged.
- The mud masks can be also used on the body and especially helpful if you have the oily upper back.
IV. Homemade Mud Masks For Acne
We have sorted top 10 super effective mud masks for acne that you can prepare at home easily and they can save you much money.
1. Tea Tree Oil And Fuller’s Earth Mask
The first of top 10 effective mud masks for acne is the combination of tea tree oil and fuller’s Earth. Fuller’s earth is highly beneficial for any types of skin, particularly oily skin with a lot of acne, while tea tree essential oil is known as a wonderful antibacterial agent. This tea oil is able to remove bad bacteria, dead skin cells and excessive oil in your skin. Regular application of this mud mask will leave you an acne-free and glowing skin.
- First of all, you put 2 teaspoons of fuller’s Earth in a small bowl and then add 1 teaspoon of pure honey to it.
- Now, you add 2 to 3 drops of tea tree essential oil and pour 1 tablespoon of rose water into the bowl.
- You blend these ingredients well until they become a uniform mixture.
- Next, you simply apply this mud mask evenly over your facial skin and let it dry naturally.
- After 15 to 20 minute, you rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
2. Neem Powder And Fuller’s Earth Mask
Multani mitti or Fuller’s Earth is one of the most popularly used ingredients to prepare amazing mud masks for acne. It plays a great role as a natural skin care agent that is necessary for acne-prone skin. If fuller’s Earth is combined with neem powder, this solution is a mud mask with more powerful benefits. The mask will aid in increasing the antibacterial property of your skin and help it get rid of acne easily and quickly.
- At the first procedure, in a small mixing bowl, you put 1 teaspoon of fuller’s earth and add 1 teaspoon of neem powder to it.
- The next step, you pour 1 teaspoon of fresh cucumber juice and 2 teaspoons of rose water into it.
- Then you mix all these ingredients completely to make a mask that is neither too runny nor too thick. If you want to adjust the consistency, you can increase or decrease the amount of rose water accordingly.
- When the mud mask is ready, you start spreading it over your face as well as neck evenly, attention to the acne areas.
- You allow the mask to sit on to dry completely before washing off with warm water.
- For satisfied results, you should apply this mask at least 2 times a week.
Learn more: Homemade Face Masks For Blackheads And Acne
3. Honey, Bentonite Clay, And Essential Oil Mask
Another of the impressive mud masks for acne is the mixture of honey, Bentonite, and essential oil. This mask has the ability to deeply cleanse dirt, oil, and dead cells to get an acne-free skin. While honey is responsible for increasing the antibacterial ability of the skin significantly, Bentonite clay helps to remove toxins from the skin and unclog the pores properly and essential oil also contributes to an increase in detoxifying properties of this clay.
- You firstly take a medium size of a mixing bowl that is made of high-grade plastic or glass to put 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay in it.
- Then you add several powdered herbs including 1/2 teaspoon of chamomile flowers and 1/2 teaspoon of powdered calendula to it.
- Next, you pour 1 teaspoon of pure raw honey into the bowl and stir it well to make a thick paste.
- You can add an enough amount of distilled water to the paste and blend it well to make it become a bit thinner. For more flavor, you add a couple of lavender essential oil drops to it and stir completely for a few minutes.
- Once the mask is ready, you spread it on your entire face and neck.
- You leave it on for 15 minutes so that the mask dries up naturally.
- Finally, you wash off with lukewarm water and follow this process at least 2 times a week.
Read more: Homemade Juices For Glowing Skin In A Week
4. Honey And Bentonite Clay Mask
One of the effective mud masks for acne is a honey and Bentonite clay mask. The clay contains an acne-fighting property which is amplified to an excellent extent with the antibacterial ability of pure raw honey. The mud mask does not only break clogged pores and treat acne but also help your skin become bright naturally.
- Just like the mentioned method, you also take 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay in a high-grade plastic or small glass mixing bowl.
- Then you add 1 tablespoon of pure raw honey and an enough amount of distilled water to this bowl to make a paste with medium consistency.
- You can adjust the consistency of this mask by increasing or decreasing the amount of water as per the requirement.
- When the mask is done, you gently apply it over your face and keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Right after the mask dries up, you rinse it off with warm water and remember to do this method a couple of times a week.
See more: Best Natural Home Remedies For Pimples
5. Bentonite Clay And Ativated Charcoal Mask
When it comes to the excellent mud masks for acne, the mixture of activated charcoal and Bentonite clay is a perfect choice for you. This mask is not only useful in protecting you from the environment that has a lot of smoke and pollution but also gives you a deeply cleansed face. It works magic for anyone with any types of skin, particularly acne or psoriasis.
- First of all, you mix one teaspoon of activated charcoal with two teaspoons of Bentonite clay in a small and non-metallic bowl.
- Then you add 1 teaspoon of raw honey and mix these ingredients until they form a thick paste.
- To make the paste a bit thinner, you add some water to it.
- Once this mask is ready, by using your clean fingers, you apply immediately all over your face and neck.
- You move your fingers gently move in circular motions and avoid the eyes.
- You keep it on for 15 to 20 minutes or until the mud mask drys and hardens.
- Finish by rinsing off with lukewarm water, or wiping with a wet washcloth.
- You should do this at least two times a week so that your skin can be deeply cleansed and very soft.
Learn more: 15 Ways On How To Remove Skin Tags Quickly
6. Tea Tree Oil, Oats, And Bentonite Clay Mask
As you may know, Bentonite clay is believed that it is one of the most popularly used ingredients to make homemade mud masks for acne. This is because it has the ability to deep cleanse the skin cells, provide oxygen to them and neutralize the oily skin thanks to creating an alkalizing effect. The mask including oats, tea tree oil, and Bentonite clay is capable of adding more powerful benefits for your skin. Along with the impressive care skin abilities of Bentonite clay, the anti-inflammatory property of the oats and the antiseptic property of tea tree oil will help you get a glowing and soft skin.
- In a high-grade plastic and glass bowl, you put 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay in it.
- Then you add 1 tablespoon of finely ground oats and pour distilled 2 tablespoons of water into it.
- You start blending these ingredients well to make a mud mask for acne. The paste does not have any lump and is spreadable.
- Now, you add about 4 tea tree essential oil drops to this paste and then stir well to mix.
- You apply it thoroughly on your areas affected by acne and let it sit on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once this mask dries up, you wash it off with warm water.
- You should follow the solution 2 times a week to notice the best results.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar And Bentonite Clay Mask
There are many different mud masks for acne, the mask created from apple cider vinegar and Bentonite clay is one of them. Apple cider vinegar is also an organic substance that is known for its many health and beauty benefits. All you need to do is to mix the two ingredients together and you have got a wonderful acne-fighting solution. The mask assists in pulling the clogged pores and excess oil from deep under the skin, thus leading to getting rid of acne and leaving a soft and smooth skin.
- In a small bowl, you mix 2 tablespoons of Bentonite clay and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar together until they are well blended.
- This mud mask should be thick and then you apply the mask over your face avoiding eyes.
- The next step, you simply allow it to dry for 10 to 20 minutes. When the mask dries, you will feel a pulling and tightening sensation on your face. This means the mask is working well.
- Finally, you wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- When you use the mask one to two first days, you may notice some new blemishes popping up. However, this is totally normal and you should not worry about that.
- You apply the mud mask regularly to maintain your clear skin and prevent future breakouts.
Note: If your skin is sensitive, it is better that you apply this mask in the shorter timeframe.
8. Yogurt, Fuller’s Earth, And Orange Juice Mask
Another of the top 10 mud masks for acne is the mask including fuller’s Earth, orange juice, and yogurt. The mask has the ability to reduce the skin dryness and heal the cold sores at the same time. While the mud is capable of deep cleansing the pores and yogurt are able to hydrate, orange juice contains fruit enzymes that are useful in gently exfoliating the dry skin. Moreover, all these ingredients in the mud mask can make your skin glow and supple thanks to keeping moisture.
- Firstly, you take equal amounts of yogurt and fuller’s Earth in a small bowl.
- Then you add a half teaspoon of fresh orange juice and stir them thoroughly.
- You apply this mud mask over your areas affected by acne and keep it on for 20 minutes to dry naturally.
- Finish by washing off with clean water and pat dry your face.
9. Fuller’s Earth, Cucumber Juice, Neem Powder And Rose Water Mask
One of the impressive mud masks for acne is the combination of fuller’s Earth, cucumber juice, neem powder, and rose water. This mask not only helps to tighten your face pores as well as skin but also aids in removing extra oil from your face, which will keep pimples away and make your skin look radiant and smoother. Besides, this pack is also one of the mud masks for acne that is able to keep your pores clean naturally.
- You firstly add one teaspoon of fuller’s Earth and one teaspoon of neem powder in a small bowl.
- To mix these ingredients, you add one teaspoon of cucumber juice and an enough amount of rose water. Once the mixture is mixed up thoroughly, you gently apply this homemade mud mask over your face.
- You allow it to dry naturally and then wash it off with plain water.
- Finally, you pat dry the face and feel the smooth of the face.
- You should try to use this mask every alternated day or 3 times a week until acne is gone totally.
10. Bentonite Clay, Lemon, And Honey Mask
The last of the top 10 mud masks for acne is the mixture prepared from Bentonite clay, lemon, and honey. As you may know, both of lemon and honey are two beauty super tools that you need to include in your list and they are available in your kitchen. The amazing antiseptic properties of honey can exfoliate and soften your skin, thus leading to preventing wrinkles. Lemon juice is beneficial for getting a balancing and brightening skin tone. When they are combined with Bentonite clay, you have got the skin care bases simply and easily.
- At the first procedure, you take a teaspoon of Bentonite clay and a teaspoon of honey in a small bowl.
- Then you add an appropriate amount of lemon juice to make a thin mask.
- Now, you spread out this mask over your face, particularly, areas affected by acne and keep it on for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse your face with lukewarm water and do this 2 times a week to notice the best results.
We are very glad because you read the whole writing. It is hoped that you can find out the effective mud masks for acne and apply them regularly. After using the masks, you will have an acne free face and a bright skin. If you have any questions or unclear content, feel free to leave comments in the box below.
Apart from applying mud masks for treating acne and acne scars, you can also use natural oils to improve your skin. “List Of Natural Oils For Skin Care” is a great article published in our main Skin Care page. This writing lists up to 30 natural oils to help you remove acne and its scars, prevent aging as well as improve your complexion. Thus, you can combine the application of mud masks and use these oils to get a perfect skin.