Sweating is known as a normal bodily function that may support to regulate the body temperature. Sweating almost never leads to physical harm, but the emotional and social toll can be serious. The most common areas of sweating include face, armpits, soles of the feet, palms of the hands.
How To Prevent Sweating Armpits – Top 23 Best Tips That You Should know
In this article, I will help you know how to control sweating naturally and effectively in details. If you want to get more information about beauty advice and also know more about natural treatments for sweating armpits, you should read on this article and then try to apply one or more of natural treatments as soon as possible, especially if you are trying to deal with your sweating problems and smelly body odor.
Table Of Contents
I. Causes Of Sweating
Sweating occurs regularly in the daily life and there is a variety of causes of sweating:
- High temperature
- Emotions such as anger, embarrassment, fear
- Stress and anxiety
- Foods such as caffeinated drinks, spicy foods and alcoholic beverages
- Illnesses such as cancer, fever, infection, hypoglycemia, complex regional pain syndrome
- Medications such as fever-reducing drugs, painkillers
II. Top 17 Home Remedies For Sweating
There are many natural treatments for sweating that you can consider applying at home as soon as possible.
1. White Sandalwood Powder
This is one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt that you should know and then try to apply it for good.
Another one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should know must include white sandalwood powder. In fact, this remedy is very important for controlling the sweating. This is because it has some enzymes that help you absorb the extra moisture and thus keeping the skin fresh and dry. Besides, the aromatic fragrance supports to deal with your body odor caused by excess sweating.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of white sandalwood powder, some rose water and lemon juice for creating a fine paste
- Wash it off with clean water and then pat it dry
- Apply this fine paste on your affected skin areas and let it dry completely.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this method daily.
2. Baking Soda
Sweating has certain acids that may stimulate bacteria to thrive. According to a study about how to alkalize the body with baking soda , baking soda is an alkaline that effectively reduces the pH level of the sweat-prone body areas by counteracting with the acids. Also, it will work as a natural deodorant.
- Mix cornstarch with enough amounts of baking soda
- Clean your armpits thoroughly and then apply this mixture on them.
- Allow it to stay on for half an hour and then wash it off with clean water.
- For better results, you can add some drops of essential oil into this mixture.
- Reapply this process on a regular basis
- Note: Remember to wear loose-fitted clothes.
- Alternatively, after you take bath, you can apply some baking soda on your sweaty areas. Then, you discard the excess baking soda and allow it to dry naturally without washing off.
Read on Top 30 Best Home Remedies For Sweaty Palms And Feet to know the most effective tips for sweaty palms and feet at home.
3. How To Prevent Sweating Armpits – Apple Cider Vinegar
Method 1: ACV For Underarm Sweating:
- With the help of a cotton ball, you apply ACV to your armpits before you go to bed.
- Allow it to stay overnight and then rinse it off with clean water the next morning
- Repeat this natural treatment every night.
- Note: You need to dilute ACV with some water if your skin is sensitive.
Method 2: ACV For Sweaty Feet:
- Pour 1l of water and ½ cup of ACV in a foot basin. Stir them wel.
- Place your feet in this basin and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can add ACV to your bath water
- Repeat this treatment on a regular basis.
- Also, you can wash your sweaty feet with a mixture of mild soap and water. Dry them out and then apply ACV with the help of a cotton ball. Allow it to dry naturally and repeat it daily.
Method 3: ACV Drink:
- You add 2 tsp. of ACV to water and then stir it well
- Add some honey to taste
- Drink it every morning when you have an empty stomach
Actually, this natural treatment may be very effective in dealing with sweating problems, so you should not skip out it, but try to apply it for good.
Thanks to its content of absorbing excess water from our body, potato is known as a natural antiperspirant and blocking property.
- Apply a small piece of potato on your affected skin areas for a couple of minutes.
- Allow it to absorb the excess sweat and simultaneously prevent further sweating.
- Let it dry out completely before you wear your clothes. Remember to wear loose-fitted clothes.
- Also, you can apply the juice of potato with the help of a cotton ball and allow it to entirely dry. Repeat this method daily.
To know how to deal with dark underarms effectively without causing any side effects, check out the Top 15 Natural Home Remedies For Dark Underarms
5. How To Prevent Sweating Armpits – Lemon
Lemon is known as an effective treatment for controlling sweating. It contains citric acid that cleans the body and reduces the bacteria causing the body odor. Also, its pleasant fragrance makes it a natural deodorant. However, according to a research about side effects of lemon juice , you do not use this method before you need to get into the sun. The best time to apply it is at night.
Method 1: Lemon For Underarm Sweating:
- Mix 1 tsp. each of baking soda and lemon juice
- Apply this mixture on your armpits with the help of a cotton pad.
- Allow it to sit on for about 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off with clean water.
- Repeat this process regularly
- Alternatively, you can rub ½ lemon on your armpits by gently applying it. Allow it to stay overnight or leave it for 15-30 minutes and then wash it off with clean water.
- Note: If your skin is sensitive, dilute lemon juice with some water and then apply it with the help of a cotton ball.
Method 2: Lemon For Body Sweating:
- You mix 1-2 tbsp. of lemon juice and 1 tbsp. of salt.
- Apply this paste on affected areas of the body.
- Gently massage for a couple of minutes.
- Allow it to sit on for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with clean water.
- Finally, pat it dry and reapply it regularly.
If you want to know home remedies for cleansing the body at home, see the 24 Tips On How To Cleanse Your Body At Home
6. Black Tea
The tannic acid found in black tea holds antiperspirant and astringent agents, which offer relief from excess sweating.
Method 2: Black Tea For Palm And Feet Sweating:
- Pour 1l of hot water into a foot basin
- Place 2 bags of black tea in this basin
- Let it steep for a moment and then soak your palm or feet in it for 20-30 minutes.
- Pat it dry and repeat it on a regular basis.
Method 1: Black Tea For Underarm Sweating:
- Place 2 bags of black tea in about 3 cups of boiling water
- Allow it to steep for 10-15 minutes
- Then, soak a washcloth in this solution and apply it on your armpits or place wet bags on your armpits and hold it for a couple of minutes.
- Dip a washcloth in black tea water and then wipe the affected body skin for half an hour.
- Alternatively, soak the sweat-prone skin areas in the black tea water for about 15-20 minutes.
- For better results, you can drink 2-3 cups of black tea on a daily basis to prevent further sweating.
Actually, it is one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should make use if you want to deal with your sweating problem naturally.
7. Coconut Oil
It has lauric acid that may help you reduce the bacteria causing the sweat. It contains a light fragrance that will make you fresh, but you should be careful as it can stain your clothes.
- Add 10g of crushed camphor to a cup of coconut oil. Stir it well.
- Apply this mixture on your affected areas of the body.
- Massage it for a couple of minutes and leave it on for about an hour.
- Rinse it off with water and repeat this process regularly.
- Alternatively, after you take bath, you apply enough organic coconut oil on your skin areas. Gently massage until this coconut oil is entirely absorbed. Reapply this process on a daily basis.
To know how to use natural oils for skin care and their benefits for skin health, read the List Of Natural Oils For Skin Care – Top 30 Great Oils To Apply
8. How To Prevent Sweating Through Shirt – Sage
According to a study about the benefits of sage tea for sweating , the tannic acid found in sage can help you restrict the sweat glands from creating excess sweating. The antifungal and anti-bacterial properties help to control the growth of bacteria that causes sweating. This is also one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating naturally at home that people should never skip!
- Add 1 tsp. of sage to a cup of boiling water
- Leave it on for 5-8 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink this solution before you go to bed. You can add some lemon juice to taste
- Alternatively, you can add sage to your daily cooking
- Mix 1 tsp. of sage leaves and 2 cups of water
- Bring it to a boil and then allow it to cool down
- Use this solution to wash your sweat-prone areas
- Reapply this process at least 3 times daily.
- Fill up a foot basin with hot water and then add 2 tsp. of sage to this basin
- Let it steep and cool down for several minutes
- Place your feet in this solution for about half an hour.
- Pat it dry and repeat this process daily.
- Note: Consult your doctor before taking large dosage of sage supplements because they can cause unwanted side effects.
9. How To Prevent Sweating – Tomato Juice
Tomato juice has astringent and antioxidant agents that can help you shrink the pores of the skin.
- Apply tomato juice to your sweat-prone areas
- Allow it to sit on for 15 minutes
- Wash the juice off by taking a shower
- Repeat this method once a day
- Drink 1-2 cups of fresh tomato juice 1-2 times a day for a week.
- After you apply it for a week, reduce the tomato juice amounts or drink it on alternative days.
- Also, for the better results, add tomatoes to your daily cooking.
10. How To Prevent Sweating Armpits – Tea Tree Oil
According to a research about benefits of tea tree oil  this oil contains anti-fungal and astringent agents that may give you a relief from sweating by killing off the bacteria.
- Soak a cotton ball in some tea tree oil and then apply it on your skin areas
- If your skin is sensitive, dilute it by adding some drops of tea tree oil to ½ cup of clean water.
- Reapply it on a regular basis.
In fact, tea tree oil is another one of the most effective tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt that you should know and then try to apply this tip if you want to deal with your excessive sweating at home with ease.
Chamomile contains astringent, anti-bacterial and deodorant agents, making it the best treatment for treating excess sweating. Its antibacterial agents may help you reduce the bacterial causing the sweat and body odor.
- Place 1 tsp. of chamomile herb in a cup of boiling water
- Allow it to sit on for a couple of minutes
- Drink this chamomile tea daily
- Alternatively, soak a cotton ball in the chamomile tea
- Apply it to your affected skin areas for a couple of minutes
- Repeat this process regularly.
- Add several drops of chamomile oil to a warm bath water
- Stir it well and then soak your affected skin areas in the water for a couple of minutes.
- Take this bath on a daily basis.
There are some other effective tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt in this article. So you should continue reading this entire article to discover all of these tips and then consider applying one or more of them for good.
The juice of wheatgrass can help you control and prevent sweating. It is rich in vitamins A, B6, B12, C and folic acid. This treatment effectively prevents further sweating by controlling the toxins and acid’s activity in the blood. It dilutes the toxins in the blood and offers you a complete relief from sweating.
- Mix ½ cup of water and 1 tbsp. of wheatgrass juice
- Drink this solution when they have an empty stomach every morning.
In fact, this is another one out of the best tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that a lot of people in the world have been making use for good.
13. Witch Hazel
Another one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should know must include using witch hazel. Actually, its extract has catechins, tannins, garlic acid, flavonoids and some essential oils that helps to treat excessive sweating effectively by shrinking the pores with its powerful astringent agents.
- Mix witch hazel bark powder and enough water for creating a paste
- Apply this paste to your affected skin areas
- Allow it to sit on about 60 minutes and then wash it off with cold water
- Repeat this method daily for 1-2 weeks.
- Take some witch hazel and then dip a cotton pad in it.
- Take out the excess water and apply it on your affected skin areas
- Wash it off after half an hour or leave it on for longer
- Repeat this method regularly.
In fact, this is one on the list of effective tips on how to prevent sweating armpits, so you should consider applying this tip to control the sweating naturally.
Another one on the list of effective tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should know and then try to apply must include using cornstarch. When you start sweating excessively, you can consider making use of cornstarch to prevent and control it. So, always take a bottle of cornstarch powder mixed with talcum powder with you.
- With the help of tissue papers, wipe away the sweat and this can prevent the cornstarch from creating clumps.
- Apply some cornstarch on your sweat-prone areas and allow it to completely dry.
- Apply another thin layer of cornstarch. Allow it to dry before you wear clothes
- Repeat this process if required.
- For feet, you can dust a large amount of cornstarch on the shoes or apply it before wearing socks.
Actually, this natural treatment is one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should not look down, but try to follow for good.
15. Homemade Deodorant
When it comes to tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt, you should not skip out the fact that using homemade deodorant can be effective in controlling sweating. Instead of buying commercial deodorants that may have harmful chemicals, you should make a homemade deodorant. It can help to treat excess sweating and reduce body odor.
- Add 3 tsp. of coconut oil and 2 tsp. of shea butter to the double boiler over a medium heat. If you do not have this boiler, you can place all of the ingredients in a jar that has lid over a saucepan of boiling water.
- When they are melted, remove it from the heat and then add 2 tsp. of arrowroot powder and 3 tsp. of baking soda.
- Stir them well and then add any of your favorite essential oil
- Allow it to cool down for several minutes
- Pour this mixture into a deodorant stick and use it regularly.
- Add enough water to 1 tsp. of baking soda
- Stir it well for creating a paste
- Add 4 drops of any oil such as lemon, lavender or vanilla oil
- Apply this to your affected skin areas
- Let it to sit on for about 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off or leave it on
- Repeat this method regularly.
16. Water And Other Fluids
Sweating helps to maintain the body temperature and remove the toxins from the body. The similar effect is done by consuming plenty of water. Not just water, you can consume other fluids. Some drinks you can try out to stay hydrated include juice of any vegetable or fruit, lemonade, herbal tea either cold or hot, coconut water, etc.
In fact, this is known as one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should not skip out, but try to drink plenty of water and other fluids on a daily basis, especially if you want to deal with your excessive sweating and body odor naturally.
17. Consume Magnesium – Rich Foods
Another one on the list of tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should know and then try to follow must include consuming more of the magnesium-rich foods. Sweating can be caused by the lack of magnesium. So, you should add more of the magnesium-rich foods to your diet to regulate your body temperature. Besides, regular intake of magnesium also helps to reduce the anxiety. Some magnesium-rich foods that you can add to your diet are whole grains, avocados, broccoli, apples, bananas, legumes, green leafy veggies, potatoes, nuts and seeds.
In fact, consuming magnesium-rich foods is one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating that you should know and then try to include more of these foods to your daily diet.
III. Top 6 Lifestyle Changes For Sweating
1. Diagnose The Problem Specifically
Before purchasing more of the same deodorant at any drug stores, you need to find what exactly your problem is, and this will help you find the right product. For some people, the biggest issue with sweaty armpits is body odor, while for other people, the biggest issue is sweat stains and the embarrassment. In case you are facing body odor and sweet stains, you need to find an approach to address these problems individually.
In fact, a lot of people can control their sweating effectively after they diagnose their problem specifically and then find the proper solutions.
2. Reduce Sweat Triggers
When it comes to tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt, you should not skip out this tip, but try to follow it for good. Many people suffer from excessive sweating for hormonal or genetic reasons. Some certain foods and habits can worsen your problem. Consider taking the following actions:
- Stop smoking or other sources of nicotine
- Reduce the intake of alcohol
- Stop drinking coffee
- Consume less spicy foods
- Ask your doctor for alternatives if your medication leads to excessive sweating.
Actually, reducing sweat triggers is one of the best tips on how to prevent sweating that you should not look down, but try to follow this tip as soon as possible, especially if you are trying to deal with your sweating problems at home.
3. Exercise Regularly
Another one on the list of tips on how to prevent sweating armpits that you should not skip out must include regular exercise. Your body will sweat more for keeping it cool if you have high body-mass index. So, if you want to prevent sweating armpits, you need to include cardiovascular exercise into your daily routine and lose some extra weight. The best way to lose weight is to lower the number of calories you take in a day while increasing the physical activity. Try to start with long walks twice a day, in the morning and at night, then take a shower to remove the excessive sweat from the body.
Do you want to discover other effective tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt? Continue reading this entire article and try to apply one or more of these tips for good.
4. Take Bath Or Shower Regularly
Bacteria on the skin can make old sweat into smelly underarms. So, daily shower or bathe to wash away the sweating before this occurs. Try finishing your shower and bath with 1-2 minutes of cool water. This will help lower your temperature, making you have less sweat right away. Then, gently pat your armpits with a clean towel.
Actually, this is another one on the list of tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt that you should know and then apply it when you want to deal with your sweating problems at home.
5. Wear Antiperspirant Deodorant
To prevent the sweat from soaking your clothes, you need to find a product that contains antiperspirant. Apply this product just before sleeping and right after waking up or after taking shower. The skin is often cool and dry, so the antiperspirant can reach the sweat glands and then block them with ease. In case your underarms are sweaty, the first thing you should do is to dry them with a hair dryer.
In fact, this is actually one of the most effective tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt that you should not look down, but try to follow this tip as soon as possible to control the sweating.
6. Wear Loose Clothing
This is the last but very important one on the list of tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt that you should not skip out, but try to apply this tip as soon as possible, especially if you are trying to control your sweating with ease at home.
A cotton T-shirt will be able to wick moisture away from the skin, thus keeping the skin dry and cool. Also, you can consider wearing sweat pads. These pads can stick to the underside of the shirt and then absorb sweat. Buy them at drugstores.
Some other natural treatments for excessive sweat:
- Baby powder can absorb moisture, thus preventing soaked clothing. Avoid applying it to the female groin or inhaling it.
- Reduce stress and anxiety. Do meditation, yoga or other exercises to reduce stress.
- Avoid using harsh soaps or deodorants
- Shave your armpits
- Eat handful of grapes on a daily basis as they can help to lower the body temperature.
- Use salt crystals on your affected skin areas to absorb the sweat
- Add more of the healthy foods that contain high contents of zinc, vitamin B.
- Reduce the intake of iodine-rich foods such as broccoli, asparagus, beef, white onion, live and turkey meats.
- Wear undershirts to absorb extra sweat, thus preventing it from the outer shirt layer.
- When you are exposed to sun for a long time, wear a hat and shades to rapid heartbeat chest pain, shortness of breath or rapid weight loss, consult your doctor for instant medical help.
After applying almost all of the natural treatments above and you still cannot control your sweating, or your sweating occurs due to rapid heartbeat, chest pain, shortness of breath or rapid weight loss, consult your doctor for instant medical help.
After you read this article of 23 tips on how to prevent sweating armpits, I hope that you and other readers of Healthy Guide will know how to control sweating and then follow one or more of these tips as soon as possible. Actually, the natural treatments as I mentioned in this article above are proven effective in preventing sweat and body odor without causing any unwanted side effects as well, so do not worry when you apply any of these tips at home. If you know other effective tips on how to prevent sweating through shirt, remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments below.