You may know that honey is considered as a healthier sweetener, but do you know that this ingredient also delivers tons of benefits for skin, hair and nails? Actually, honey is made by the bees’ alchemy that collects pollen, nectar as well as resins from flowers, so it can help moisturize, fight bacteria and signs of aging. Moreover, raw honey is packed with antioxidants, nutrients and healing properties. Also, it contains more active enzymes and antioxidants for better benefits.
- List Of Natural Oils For Skin Care – Top 30 Great Oils To Apply/ Top 34 Tips On How To Improve Skin Naturally With Oils
List Of Ways To Use Honey To Get More Gorgeous Skin, Hair And Nails For Everyone
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you a few natural ways to use honey that can help you get more gorgeous skin, hair and nail. So, if you are looking for benefits of honey for beauty and want to improve your skin, hair and nail health at home, keep your eyes on this interesting article right now.
I. Ways To Use Honey To Get More Gorgeous Skin – Top 20 Ways
As you know that honey can be used to improve your skin health and it can help you reduce the severity of some skin problems. So, you should include this ingredient in your routine skincare routine for good.
1. Gentle Exfoliator
Honey is packed with enzymes, antioxidants as well as other nutrients, so it can help nourish, and cleanse your skin. When you combine it with baking soda, you will have a gentle exfoliator that helps remove dead cells from your skin and stimulate new skin cells to emerge for a healthy and clean complexion. To use honey to remove dead skin cells from your skin, you can apply one or both of the following methods.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of honey with 1 tbsp. of baking soda to get a concoction.
- Then, splash your skin with some water
- Gently apply this concoction onto your skin and massage it in circular motions.
- Finally, rinse it off and enjoy a clean and healthy skin.
Read on 32 Best Ways On How To Remove Dead Skin Cells Naturally to discover some of the natural ways to remove dead skin cells from natural ingredients.
- Mix honey, sugar and lemon juice together
- Then, rub it gently onto your skin and let it sit on for 10-15 minutes
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
To know some of the natural ways to exfoliate your skin that you can make with ease at home, read on 35 Best Ways On How To Exfoliate Skin Naturally At Home
2. Lighten Your Skin
Lightening your skin is one of the best ways to use honey to get more gorgeous skin. Honey has natural moisturizer and antioxidants and these properties can help to keep your skin fresh, supple, tender and rejuvenated. Besides, this ingredient can be effective in lightening the dark skin, especially the lip skin due to its bleaching agents.
- Mix an egg yolk with 1 tsp. each of olive oil and honey.
- Apply this mixture onto your facial skin and wait for about 16 minutes
- Finally, rinse it off with fresh water.
- Just rub your lip skin with some honey before going to bed.
- This process can help you treat dry lips and remove dead skin from your lips, making your lips look brighter.
List of 14 Ways On How To Take Care Of Sensitive Skin For Men And Women will show you some of the best ways that can help you take care of sensitive skin in both men and women.
3. Fade Scars
Honey can help lighten your skin. Besides, it contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help to reduce the appearances of scars and boost both the healing process and tissue regeneration. Meanwhile, the hydrating properties found in honey and olive oil or coconut oil can also help in reviving skin cells while gentle massaging motions can increase blood flow to the skin and boost skin recovery.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of raw honey and olive oil or coconut oil.
- Then, apply this mixture to your scars by using your fingers
- Massage your skin in circular motions for about 1-2 minutes.
- After that, cover your skin with a lukewarm washcloth until it turns cool.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis.
If you want to know natural ways to use avocado for scars and acne skin, read on 19 Ways On How To Use Avocado For Acne Skin And Scars
4. Treat Acne
This is known as one of the best ways to use honey for skin care. Acne may occur on your skin due to the bacteria breakouts. And honey contains lots of antibacterial and antifungal properties that hamper the growth of bacteria. Addition to this, honey also contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce irritation and redness from your skin.
- Massage your acne-prone skin with raw honey for about 18 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with clean water.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of honey and ½ tsp. of cinnamon powder.
- Apply it on your acne- prone areas and wait for about 15 minutes
- Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process once or twice a day.
5. Make The Lips Plumper
This is another one on the list of natural ways to use honey that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to know and apply for good. If you want to have plump lips, honey can be helpful. Just use pure honey on the lips before you go to sleep and enjoy suppler and bigger lips the next morning. Honey goes into the thinner lip skin, making them swell up that will make them look sexier and prettier.
6. Reduce Signs Of Aging
When it comes to best ways to use honey, you should remember that honey can help to reduce signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines thanks to its powerful anti-aging properties. Besides, these powerful substances can help to slow down your aging process by reducing the wrinkles and fine lines from your look.
7. Treat Sunburn
Honey can help to restore the deepest layers of your skin areas that are sun- exposed. Besides, both honey and aloe vera have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help to calm burned skin and boost the skin recovery. Moreover, according to a study about health benefits of honey,honey has many natural antioxidants as well as other essential nutrients, which can protect your skin from harmful UV radiation damages.
- Mix raw honey with pure aloe vera gel in a ratio 1:2.
- Then, apply this mixture to your sunburned skin.
- Repeat this home remedy daily for the best result.
8. Provide Radiant, Smooth And Youthful Skin
Honey can provide you a radiant, smooth and youthful skin due to its natural antioxidants. These antioxidants can fight against the free radicals, stabilize them and then prevent them from damaging your body skin cells. Also, honey is effective in keeping your skin hydrated, so many women like using honey to keep your skin youthful and smooth.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of raw honey, fuller’s earth and lemon juice to create a thick paste.
- Then, rub this mixture on your skin and after about 15 minutes, wash it off with warm water.
- Add 2-3 tbsp. of honey in a cup of boiling water
- Then pour this cup of water into your warm bathwater and enjoy a warm bath.
9. Moisturize The Skin
Honey is known as a natural humectant. It can steal moisture from the air and keep your skin hydrated for a few hours. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy a smooth and soft skin. Moreover, the combination of moisturizers and nutrients in honey and coconut oil and acetic acid in apple cider vinegar can help maintain your healthy skin.
- After cleaning your dry skin, apply 1 tsp. of raw honey onto your skin.
- Then, massage your skin in circular motions.
- After massaging, let it sit on for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off with tepid water.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Then, massage your dry skin with this mixture
- Let it sit on for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with clean water.
10. Cleanse The Skin
Do you know that honey can be used to remove makeups from face, lips or other body’s parts? Actually, you can cleanse your skin pores from the deepest layer because of its skin nourishing and healing abilities. Now, if you want to cleanse your skin, follow the instructions below:
- Mix raw honey, coconut oil or jojoba oil, cinnamon and nutmeg or turmeric.
- Gently, massage your skin with this solution for about 3 minutes to cleanse your makeups.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of honey and glycerin and 1 tbsp. of face wash.
- Then, apply this mixture on your skin and gently massage for 1-2 minutes.
- After that, wash it off with warm water
- Repeat this process twice a day.
11. Protect The Skin From Damages
Honey can protect your skin from many environmental damages. According to a study about natural ways to heal damaged skin , the antioxidants present in honey can also repair your skin. Just mix 2 tbsp. of pure honey with a cup of warm water, and then pour it into your warm bathwater. Then, take a bath to protect your skin from damages. Actually, this is known as one of the best ways to use honey to get more gorgeous skin that you should apply as soon as possible.
12. Treat Minor Burns
You can make use of honey to treat minor burns. This is because honey contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, so it can reduce swelling, prevent infection and boost up the healing process. Also, this ingredient can help to reduce the risks of developing scars.
- Spread some pure honey on a gauze bandage.
- Then, apply it directly on your burned skin areas.
- Change the bandage 3- 4 times daily.
- Repeat this process until your burn has improved.
In fact, this is one among the best natural ways to use honey that you should know and then try to apply for good, especially if you have minor burns.
13. Lighten Dark Circles
Honey is effective in lightening up dark circles, making it one of the best ways to use honey for beauty care naturally and bring about good results to people at all ages. To use honey for dealing with dark circles, take the following steps:
- Mix equal parts of almond oil and honey together
- Then, apply it to the skin under your eyes before you go to sleep.
- Let it stay for overnight and then wash it off the next morning.
- For the best result, you should reapply this remedy on a daily basis.
14. Cleanse The Pores
When you are looking for natural ways to use honey you can make use at home without making any mistake, you should remember that this ingredient can help to cleanse the skin pores. Raw honey contains antibacterial properties and enzymes, which can help fight against the bacterial buildup and poisonings, hence keeping the pores clean.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of pure honey with 2 tbsp. of coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- Then, apply this mixture on your skin, but the eye areas and gently massage in circular motions.
- Rinse it off with clean water.
- Repeat this process regularly to make sure that your skin pores are kept clean
15. Smooth Out Wrinkles
Honey is a great anti-aging product due to its contents of antioxidants and other nutrients. So, it can help fight against free radicals and prevent your body from damages. Another benefit of honey is that it can help smooth out wrinkles. Now, if you are worried about wrinkles occurring on your facial skin, you can consider using honey by taking the following steps:
- Mix 1 tbsp. of raw honey with ½ ripe avocado to create a concoction.
- Then, apply this mixture on your skin and let it sit on for 15- 20 minutes
- Finally, rinse it off with warm water.
- Mix raw honey and fresh lemon juice in equal parts.
- Apply this mixture on your skin and allow it to dry out.
- After that, rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice weekly.
16. Reduce Razor Burn
Other natural ways to use honey good for everyone that you should know must include its ability to reduce razor burn. Honey can be effective in soothing the skin and providing relief from skin irritation caused due to razor burn. Simply, apply some honey on your razor bumps after shaving. Finally, rinse it off with clean water after letting it sit on for 10- 15 minutes.
17. Treat Redness And Itching Caused By Psoriasis
According to a study about psoriasis , psoriasis can have negative effects on skin cells. It may cause redness, itching and lesions. Honey cannot cure this disease, but it can relieve the affected skin and protect damaged skin from getting infection. Now, you can follow the instructions below to treat the symptoms caused by proriasis.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of honey, beeswax and olive oil.
- Warm this mixture in the microwave till the beeswax melts.
- Stir it well and then let it cool down.
- Apply it on your affected skin areas several times a day.
There are other natural ways to use honey on your body to get more beautiful skin, hair and nails in this article. So, keep reading this entire article and then try to apply one or more of these remedies for good.
18. Heal Minor Cuts And Wounds
This is another one on the list of ways to use honey for healthy skin care habit that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to apply as soon as possible, especially if you have minor cuts and wounds. Honey can help to treat minor cuts and wounds as it is a great germ killer. It can flush out the fluid from your affected areas, boost up the healing process and reduce the risk of infection.
- Apply a thick layer of high-quality honey on your affected skin areas.
- Then, cover them with a bandage for several hours.
- Remove this bandage and then clean your affected areas with a cloth.
- Repeat this process again as needed.
19. Make Hands Soft
Dry and rough hands can be dealt with honey. This is because honey contains humectant properties that help to lock in moisture. Moreover, honey helps to battle with free-radical damage in order to prevent signs of aging on your hands. To ensure that your hands are kept soft, you can try either of the following methods:
- Apply some honey on your hands and allow it to sit on for 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with clean water.
- Apply a mild moisturizer over your hands and repeat this process daily.
- Mix equal amounts of glycerin and raw honey.
- Apply this mixture on your hands and let it dry out naturally.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water and repeat this process once daily.
20. Soften Chapped Lips
Honey can be a great ingredient to treat chapped lips. The moisturizing properties found in honey can help make up for the lost moisture in the lips. Moreover, it will help reduce the chance of infection. To soften your chapped lips, take the following steps:
- Apply some honey to your lips several times a day.
- Also, mix sugar and honey in a ratio 2: 1 and then use this mixture to gently scrub your lips for several minutes. Repeat it once a week.
II. Ways To Use Honey To Get More Gorgeous Hair – Top 9 Ways To Apply At Home
Apart from being good for skin, honey is also good for hair. So, you can use this ingredient to improve your hair health and deal with your hair problems without causing any side effect.
1. Condition The Hair
When it comes to best ways to use honey for healthy hair that work for people at all ages and with any gender, you should try out both of the following remedies. Actually, the nutrients and enzymes found in raw honey can give shine to your dull hair without weighing it down. Besides, coconut oil can condition and smooth your hair. Now, you can apply one or both of the following home remedies.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of raw honey with 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Apply to the bottom 2/3 of your damp hair.
- Let it sit on for about 20 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- Mix ½ cup of raw honey with ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Warm up this mixture for a couple of seconds.
- Apply this mixture on your hair scalp and let it sit on for 10-20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
2. Boost Your Shampoo
The humectant properties found in honey can help retain moisture in hair. Moreover, honey can help to strengthen hair follicles. Just mix 1 tsp. of honey with a bit of your favorite shampoo. Wash your hair with your shampoo as normal and then rinse it off. Actually, boosting your shampoo is another one on the list of ways to use honey that you should not skip.
3. Lighten The Hair Color
Honey can slowly release hydrogen peroxide, which is known to lighten your hair color. Simply, mix 3 tbsp. of honey with 2 tbsp. of water. Then, apply this mixture to your damp hair and wait for an hour. Finally, rinse it off and repeat this process weekly for best results. Actually, this is also one of the best ways to use honey naturally at home for beauty care that a lot of people in the world have been making use at home to lighten their hair color naturally.
4. Provide Relief From Dry Hair
Honey can help to treat dry and damaged hair and simultaneously remove itchy flakes from the hair scalp. To use honey, use it as a shampoo booster or a hair rinse. Now, you can apply either of the following remedies.
- Add 2 tsp. of honey and some fresh lemon juice in 3 cups of water
- Then, use this concoction as the final rinse
- Finally, let your hair dry out normally.
- Mix 1 tsp. of honey with shampoo
- Then, apply this solution on your hair and scalp when shampooing.
- Let it sit on for 2- 3 minutes before rinsing it off.
5. Provide Relief From Itchy Scalp
The antifungal properties found in honey can help to provide relief from itchy scalp. Itchy flakes are caused by clogged hair follicles by oil, dirt and other impurities. Honey containing a cleansing property can absorb these impurities and offer relief from itchy hair scalp. If you want to have relief from itchy scalp, take the following steps:
- Dilute 1 tbsp. each of honey and water.
- Then, massage it into your hair scalp for 2 minutes.
- After 2 hours, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process every other day until your hair scalp has no itchy flakes.
6. Cleanse The Scalp
The antiseptic properties found in honey can help to cleanse the scalp. Simply, apply some honey to the hair scalp and let it sit on for 10 minutes. Then, you wash your hair with an herbal shampoo and pat dry. If you have oily scalp, follow this process 3 times a week and if you have normal or dry scalp, try it twice.
Do you want to know other natural ways to use honey for hair and nails that you can make use with ease at home? Keep reading this entire article and then apply these home remedies as soon as possible.
7. Stop Hair Loss
People who have hair loss can try using honey in order to prevent baldness. According to a study about how to use honey for hair problems , honey contains fungicidal properties as well as antioxidants that help stop hair loss and boost hair growth. To stop hair loss, you can follow the instructions below:
- Mix 1 tbsp. each of honey and onion juice.
- Massage your hair roots and scalp with this mixture.
- Let it sit on for about 30 minutes, and then wash your hair with your shampoo as usual.
- Repeat this home remedy twice a week.
- Mix equal amounts of yogurt and honey.
- Then, apply it on your damp hair and let it sit on for 30- 40 minutes.
- Finally, shampoo your hair as normal.
- Repeat this treatment 2- 3 times a week to prevent hair loss.
8. Make The Hair Shinny
Honey can add shine to your hair, making it one of the best ways to use honey for more beautiful hair. Simply, mix ½ cup of pure honey with ¼ cup of coconut oil or olive oil. Then, apply this mixture on your hair and rinse it off after about 20 minutes. Repeat this process weekly to get a shiny hair.
9. Remove Dandruff
Another one of the best ways to use honey is that this ingredient can help to give you a dandruff free hair. Honey can be effective in removing dandruff. For this, mix 1 tbsp. of honey and some onion juice. Then, you apply this solution on your scalp in order to remove dandruff effectively and naturally.
III. Ways To Use Honey To Get More Gorgeous Nails – Top 2 Ways To Apply At Home
Addition to this, honey is also good for cuticles and nails. So, you can make use of raw honey at the comfort of your own home.
1. Moisturize Cuticles
Raw honey is packed with enzymes and nutrients in order to nourish skin. Besides, honey is a natural humectant, so it can draw moisture into the skin. Addition to this, coconut oil can help to condition your cuticles while the acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar can soften hard skin.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of honey, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this mixture over each cuticle.
- Let it sit on for 5- 10 minutes before rinsing them off.
Actually, this is another one of the best ways to use honey that a lot of people in the world are making use to moisturize their cuticles at home.
2. Reverse Cuticle Damage
It is the last but very important one of the best ways to use honey that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers who have cracked cuticles to apply as soon as possible. If you have cracked cuticles , honey can be your solution for you to reverse cuticle damage. To use honey for reversing cracked cuticles, mix 1 tsp. each of honey and apple cider and then apply it on your affected cuticles and nails. Allow it to sit on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
Generally, honey is safe for children over the age of one and adults when applied to the skin. With all these ways to use honey for beauty, it is actually a great ingredient for you to include in your skincare and haircare routine.
Actually, all of these home remedies are effective in improving the health of your skin, hair and nails without causing any unwanted side effect. Therefore, you can feel free to apply one or more of these remedies at the comfort of your own home. If you think that this list is helpful, share this list with other readers as soon as possible. One more thing, if you know other natural ways to use honey for beauty, share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment box in our main Beauty page.