Tinnitus is a common symptom of a few possible underlying health conditions. Generally, people with tinnitus can experience a ringing in the ear. It can sound like clicking, roaring, swishing, or buzzing. Read on this new article to help you know a few great tips on how to get rid of tinnitus in children and adults.
- How To Prevent Diarrhea In Children And Adults – 15 Tips/ How To Prevent Bloating For Children And Adults – 19 Tips
How To Get Rid Of Tinnitus In Children And Adults
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the best tips that can help you reduce the severity of your tinnitus at the comfort of your home. So, if you are suffering from tinnitus, you should keep your eyes on this entire article and then try to apply one or more of these home remedies for good.
I. What Is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is the term for sounds coming from inside the body rather than from outside sources. It is often known as “ringing in the ears”, though some sounds can be heard, including humming, grinding, buzzing, hissing, whistling sounds. Some common underlying causes of tinnitus include:
- Earwax blockages
- Infection or inflammation
- Fluid pressure in your inner ear
- Abnormal bone growth in your ear
- Jaw misalignment
- Blood vessel disorders
- High altitudes
- Blood vessel ballooning
- Certain types of tumors
- Inner ear disorders
- Age-related hearing loss
- Exposure to loud noise
- Upper respiratory infections
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- High or low blood pressure
List of 26 Best Smoothies For Diabetes will reveal some of the best smoothies that people with diabetes should consume, so check it out!
Some common symptoms of tinnitus include:
- Buzzing, whistling or ringing sound in your ears
- Hearing problems
- Sensitivity to certain sounds
- Stress, depression
II. How To Get Rid Of Tinnitus- Top 48 Effective Home Remedies
A permanent treatment for tinnitus has not been known. However, some natural treatments can be used to deal with this condition. Here are some great ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in children and adults that you should consider applying:
1. Find The Cause Of Tinnitus
This is the first one of the best ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in children and adults that I want to mention in this entire article and want all of my readers who are suffering from tinnitus should know for good.
If you deal with the underlying cause of tinnitus, this health problem may go away naturally. Therefore, if you are suffering from tinnitus, the first thing you should do is to call your doctor. He or she can run specialized tests to find the cause of your problem. Then, you should keep a detailed list of factors that can worsen your tinnitus, and tell him or her about all medications you are taking.
To know some of the best natural treatment for clogged ears, read on How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears Naturally At Home – 27 Tips
2. Foods To Avoid
To get rid of tinnitus symptoms, you should avoid consuming some of the following foods. This can help you reduce the severity of your condition and support your tinnitus treatments. Here are some foods that you should avoid:
- Salty foods: Excess salt can cause water retention in the body, increasing blood circulation to the ear areas. This is known as a cause of ringing in the ears. Therefore, reducing salt intake can help reduce the intensity of tinnitus.
- Fats: You should avoid foods that may increase cholesterol such as fatty meats, sausages, egg yolks, oils and butter.
- Allergens: Allergies to some certain foods can lead to tinnitus. Some common allergens that can cause tinnitus are avocado, milk, cheese, chocolate, ripe bananas, soybeans and some citrus fruits.
- Stimulants: Some stimulants such as tea, alcohol, coffee and cigarettes can cause increased sensitivity and tinnitus.
Read on 19 Ways On How To Use Avocado For Acne Skin And Scars to discover some of the best natural treatments for acne skin and scars with the help of avocado.
3. Basil Leaves
Apart from antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, basil leaves also contain powerful antibacterial properties that can aid to deal with the underlying infections causing tinnitus, making it one of the best tips on how to get rid of tinnitus in children that you should know. Also, according to a study about benefits of basil ,basil leaves also work as an adaptogen and they can help in reducing anxiety and stress caused due to tinnitus.
- Blend 2-3 tbsp. of basil leaves to create a fine paste
- Place this paste into a sieve and thentake the juice out using a spoon.
- Then, pour 2 drops of the basil juice into your infected ear.
- Finally, let it dry naturally.
- Repeat this home remedy twice a day for a week.
4. Reduce Stress
Stress may aggravate tinnitus, so you should take time to relax and reduce your stress. You can reduce stress by taking up activities such as meditation and yoga, practicing deep breathing techniques and avoiding stressful people. Relaxation can help you relax and reduce the tinnitus symptoms. Try different ways to reduce stress until you determine what works best for your case. Try some of the following relaxation methods:
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Guided imagery
If you want to know some of the best tips that can help you relieve stress, read on Top 48 Best Home Remedies For Stress Relief
When you are looking for a great way on how to get rid of tinnitus in children, you should try using ginger to reduce the severity of your condition. Containing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, ginger can help in relieving the inflammation and pain caused by tinnitus.
- Add ½ tsp. of grated ginger to some boiling water.
- Let it steep for 5-10 minutes
- Strain this mixture and then drink it before it turns cold.
- Also, add some honey to this herbal tea for flavor.
- Drink this herbal tea 2-3 times a day.
Read More: List Of 25 Best Healthy Juice Recipes
6. Sesame Oil
Sesame oil is known as a natural antioxidant. Besides, it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help you deal with ear infections as well as free radicals. Therefore, sesame oil is a wonderful natural way on how to get rid of tinnitus and its symptoms that you should not look down.
- Warm 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
- Massage the back of your infected ears gently with this warm sesame oil
- Do this 2-3 times per day.
Garlic contains a natural antioxidant and it can help you reduce any free radicals that may worsen your tinnitus. Addition to this, according to a research about how to treat ear infection with garlic , garlic also contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can deal with any ear infections causing tinnitus.
- Heat 1 tsp. of mustard oil and then fry a garlic clove in a pan.
- Then, allow this mixture to cool.
- Take out the oil from the garlic mixture and then pour it into your infected ear.
- For the best result, leave it on overnight.
- Do this home remedy once every night.
8. Coconut Oil
The antibacterial, antioxidant and antifungal properties found in coconut oil can help you get rid of any ear infection that can cause tinnitus. Besides, warm coconut oil can help you loosen any congested earwax that may worsen your tinnitus as well.
- Warm a few drops of coconut oil in a pan.
- Then, pour 1- 2 drops of the warm coconut oil into your affected ear.
- Let it sit on so that it can be absorbed naturally.
- Do this remedy at least twice per day.
9. Castor Oil
Castor oil is rich in vitamin E, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory as well as antibacterial properties, making castor oil one of the most effective ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in adults that you should give it a try. All of these properties can help you relieve the inflammation and pain caused by tinnitus.
- Pour 1- 2 drops of castor oil directly into your affected ear
- Then, plug this affected ear using a cotton ball in order to seal the castor oil in.
- Repeat this home remedy at least twice a day.
10. Onion Juice
Onion juice is high in compound called quercetin that has antioxidant properties. Besides, onion juice is also known for its antibacterial properties. Therefore, the combination of onion juice’s properties can help you deal with tinnitus while reducing its symptoms. And if you want to reduce the severity of your hearing problem, you should consider using onion juice for good.
- Take an onion and then peel its skin and outermost layer.
- Then, cut the remaining onion into some small pieces before crushing them to extract the onion juice.
- Pour 1-2 drops of the juice into the infected ear
- Let it sit on for 5- 10 minutes tilting the head so that the juice drains out
- Do this home remedy for 3- 5 times a week.
11. Cypress Oil
Cypress oil is known as a natural sedative and it can help improve sleep and relieve anxiety associated with tinnitus. Actually, the antiseptic properties found in cypress oil can help you deal with infections causing tinnitus while the high content of antispasmodic nature found in cypress oil can help you relax the muscles and relieve the symptoms of tinnitus naturally and effectively.
- Take 2- 3 drops of cypress oil on a few cotton balls.
- Then, use these cotton balls in order to plug the entrance of the ear canals while not pushing them too deep.
- Let it sit on for overnight.
- Repeat this home remedy every night.
12. Lavender Oil
According to a study about essential oils for tinnitus , lavender oil contains antiseptic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help you reduce the symptoms of tinnitus over time. So, if you are looking for ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in children, you should try using lavender oil.
- Place 2- 3 drops of lavender oil into a cotton ball.
- Then, plug this cotton ball in your affected ear and let it sit on for overnight.
- Repeat this remedy every night for about two weeks or even longer.
13. Green Tea
Green tea is a powerful antioxidant and it can help you deal with infections and free radicals that can worsen your tinnitus. Actually, using green tea is a great way on how to get rid of tinnitus in children and adults that you should know.
- Steep a bag of green tea in a cup of boiling water for about 5- 7 minutes.
- Add some honey to this tea for flavor and then consume it before it becomes cold.
- Drink green tea 2-3 times per day.
14. Mistletoe Tea
Tinnitus can be caused by high blood pressure. And mistletoe can help lower the blood pressure and simultaneously improve the blood circulation so that more nutrients and oxygen can reach your ears. Actually, drinking this tea is known as a great solution for treating tinnitus symptoms, so you should not skip it, yet try to consume it on a daily basis.
- Add 3 tsp. of mistletoe to 3 cups of water and then let it steep overnight.
- Drink this mistletoe tea the next day.
- Add some honey to this tea and consume it 2- 3 times per day for best results.
15. Witch Hazel, Goldenseal, And Calendula
When it comes to great ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in adults, you should try out this combination. Actually, the combination of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects from calendula, goldenseal and witch hazel can help you treat any infections causing the tinnitus.
- Add ½ tsp. each of calendula and goldenseal to a cup of water.
- Boil this mixture for 10- 15 minutes.
- Then, strain this mixture
- Dip a cotton ball in a bowl of witch hazel.
- After that, soak the same cotton ball in the solution of goldenseal and calendula before applying it on your affected ear.
- Do this remedy 2-3 times per day.
16. Ginkgo Biloba
According to a study , ginkgo biloba contains antibacterial and antifungal properties, so you can use it to deal with any underlying infections causing tinnitus. Besides, you can use ginkgo biloba to reduce the ringing sensation and simultaneously improve your ear functions by increasing the blood circulation. Simply, you just need to take 120 mg of ginkgo biloba supplement twice a day for about 6 weeks.
17. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another great way on how to get rid of tinnitus in adults that you should know is to use apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar can help you deal with any underlying infections causing tinnitus because it contains antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Add 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water
- Add some honey to this solution and then drink it
- Do this remedy 2-3 times a day for the best result.
Other great ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in children must include consuming pineapple. Pineapples are rich in bromelain, vitamins A and C and these enzymes and vitamins have anti-inflammatory properties that can be used to reduce discomfort and inflammation caused by tinnitus. To use pineapple for treating tinnitus symptoms, take the following steps:
- After peeling, cut about 1/4 of a pineapple into some small pieces.
- Then, blend these pineapple pieces with a cup of water.
- Sip on this a few times per day.
- Alternatively, chew on some pineapple pieces a few times per day.
- Note: Do not consume pineapples too much in a day as this can cause allergic reactions.
19. Cinnamon, Comfrey And Chamomile Tea
Cinnamon, comfrey and chamomile are all high in analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. So, their combination can be effective in reducing tinnitus and its symptoms. To make this tea, you just need to follow the recipe below:
- Mix 1 tbsp. each of cinnamon, comfrey and chamomile and then place it into an airtight container.
- Take 1 tsp. of this solution and then add it to a glass of water.
- Warm it up in a saucepan
- Then, allow it to simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Strain it, add honey to this for flavor and then consume before it becomes cold.
- Drink this tea at least 2-3 times per day.
20. Glycerin And Salt
The saline nature of the glycerin and salt solution can aid to decongest the blocked nasal passage and simultaneously reduce the symptoms of tinnitus caused due to extra fluid in the sinuses. To make this solution, you just need to follow the instructions below:
- Add 1 tsp. each of glycerin and salt to 1 pint of water.
- Mix it well and then store this glycerin and salt solution in a spray bottle.
- Then, spray your nostrils using this spray bottle.
- Do this remedy at least twice per day.
21. Fenugreek Seeds
Another effective way on how to get rid of tinnitus in adults that you should try is to make use of fenugreek seeds. Actually, fenugreek contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. So, fenugreek seeds can be used to relieve the pain and infection associated with tinnitus.
- Add 1 tsp. of fenugreek seeds to some water and then bring it to a boil.
- Allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes and then strain it.
- Add honey to this tea for flavor and then consume it before it turns cold.
- Drink this tea at least twice per day.
- Note: Pregnant women should stay away from this natural remedy as these seeds can cause contractions.
There are other effective ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in children and adults in this entire article. So, keep reading this entire article and then consider applying one or more of these great ways for good.
Oregano is a powerful antioxidant and it also contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Therefore, oregano can be used to relieve inflammation and other tinnitus symptoms.
- Steep 1 tsp. of dried oregano in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it sit on for 10- 15 minutes.
- Then, strain it and then consume before it becomes cold.
- Also, you can add some honey to this for flavor.
- Drink this solution twice per day.
Consuming pumpkin can help you get rid of tinnitus due to its high content of vitamin A. Actually, vitamin A deficiency is known as one of the main causes of tinnitus. Vitamin A is important for the functioning of the inner ear, which takes responsibility for transmission of sounds. Simply, you just need to include pumpkin in your soup or salad, or have it grilled, steamed, stir- fried or baked dishes.
Licorice has been known as one of the oldest natural treatments for tinnitus. Therefore, if you want to know how to get rid of tinnitus naturally, give this plant a try and include this plant in your daily diet for a couple of weeks. According to Chinese physicians, licorice can help stop the ringing in ears and simultaneously prevent dizziness as well as other similar health problems caused by tinnitus. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory nature, the plant can help the organism fight against viruses, bacteria and pathogens that can cause infections and damage occurring in the ear canals, causing the tinnitus symptoms.
25. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil is another natural treatment for tinnitus thanks to its ability to increase circulation. Also, mustard oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can help you deal with ear infections. Moreover, this oil also helps increase the immunity to protect your ears against further infections and simultaneously remove the earwax buildup.
- Warm some mustard oil and then apply it directly into your affected ear.
- Let the oil sit on for 5- 10 minutes.
- Then, tilt your head to the other side to drain the oil out of your ear.
- Finally, remove the softened earwax using an ear bud.
- Repeat this home remedy once per day for a few days.
26. Juniper Oil
Juniper oil also contains powerful properties that can help in reducing stress and anxiety due to tinnitus. The antiseptic and antispasmodic effects of juniper oil can be effective in treating the symptoms of tinnitus. Actually, juniper oil is known as one of the best ways on how to get rid of tinnitus that a lot of people with tinnitus in the world have been using to reduce the severity of their conditions.
- Take about 2- 3 drops of juniper oil on 2 cotton balls.
- Then, gently plug two cotton balls in your ears while not pushing them too deep.
- Allow it to sit on for overnight
- Repeat this home remedy every night for more than two weeks.
Wolfberry has numerous healing properties. This is because it has high contents of vitamins and minerals that can be effective in improving blood circulation and healing tinnitus as well as its symptoms
- Add 1- 2 tsp. of dried wolfberries to a cup of boiling water.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes and then strain the solution.
- Then, consume this solution before it turns cold.
- Drink it at least once per day.
Passionflower can help improve blood circulation and treat many health conditions, including tinnitus. Therefore, you can use it to treat tinnitus while reducing stress and anxiety caused by tinnitus.
- Steep 1 tsp. of dried passionflowers in a cup of boiling water for about 10- 15 minutes
- Strain this solution and then consume it before it becomes cold.
- You can add honey for flavor.
- Drink this once per day, preferably before you go to bed.
29. Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds have high contents of magnesium and copper. While copper can aid to enhance the ear bones, magnesium can aid to reduce anxiety and stress caused by tinnitus. Moreover, sunflower seeds are also known as natural antioxidants, which is important for the treatment of tinnitus.
- Add 1-2 tsp. of sunflower seeds to a cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes before you strain this liquid.
- Then, add honey for flavor and then consume it before it becomes cold.
- Alternatively, you can include sunflower seeds in your daily diet.
- Do this remedy more than twice per day.
Plantains are raw bananas that have high content of nutrients. They can help lower blood pressure that is one of the main causes of tinnitus. Addition to this, plantains can also improve blood circulation and help with the tinnitus treatment.
- Mash up a plantain and then add 2 tbsp. of mashed plantain to some water.
- Mix it well and then consume this mixture daily.
- Do this 2-3 times per day for about 6 weeks
31. Black Cohosh
Some studies have shown that black cohosh can be effective in reducing tinnitus symptoms. You just need to add 1 tsp. of black cohosh root to a cup of boiling water. Drink it up to twice per day for relieving the symptoms of tinnitus. In fact, this is one of the best home remedies on how to get rid of tinnitus that you should not look down, yet consider applying as soon as possible, if you want to reduce your tinnitus symptoms naturally at home.
32. Consume Dry Fruits
When it comes to ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in children, you should not skip the fact that including dry fruits such as walnuts, apricots and pistachios in your children’s diet may be a great way to treat the symptoms of tinnitus naturally.
33. Vitamin E
Using vitamin E as a great way on how to get rid of tinnitus naturally may not be the most common recommendation. However, there are some studies that show that it has beneficial effects on one’s health, including its ability to treat ringing in ears.
You can take vitamin E from supplements or from natural food sources like corn, soybean and sunflower oil. This vitamin is a great antioxidant that can help prevent the inflammatory processes from occurring. Moreover, vitamin E can be effective in improving the ear health and increasing blood circulation to the ear areas due to its ability to fight against oxidative stress and free radicals.
34. Vitamin C
Another way on how to get rid of tinnitus naturally is vitamin C. Actually, this essential vitamin is effective in reducing the risk of getting health conditions. Vitamin C is often found in many citrus fruits and veggies. Alternatively, you can take vitamin C in the form of supplements.
Vitamin C can help increase the blood flow to the ear areas, thus preventing tinnitus symptoms. Also, vitamin C is known as a powerful antioxidant, so it can help fight against infections and inflammations that can affect the hearing canal.
There is a correlation between zinc deficiency and tinnitus symptoms. Taking zinc supplements can help reduce symptoms of tinnitus. Some foods that are rich in zinc include liver, oysters, lamb mutton, watermelon seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, roasted beef and squash seeds.
36. Vitamin B12
Some studies have found a correlation between tinnitus and vitamin B12 deficiency. Therefore, taking vitamin B12 can help reduce the symptoms of tinnitus. Some great sources of this vitamin are beef, clams, crabs, cheese, eggs, liver, mutton, lobster, mussels, fish and oysters. Actually, taking in vitamin B12 is known as a great way on how to get rid of tinnitus in children, so you should not look down it, yet try to add more of the vitamin B12-rich foods to your children’s diet for good.
Yogurt has many essential nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and vitamins B2 and B12. Actually, many people with tinnitus are shown to be deficient in vitamins B. Therefore, consuming yogurt can be a great home remedy for restoring this deficiency. Addition to this, yogurt also contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help you get rid of tinnitus. Simply, you just need to include yogurt in your daily diet to relieve tinnitus.
38. Remove Earwax
Built-up earwax can block your ear canal and then cause tinnitus. If your tinnitus is caused by built-up earwax, you can reduce and even treat the symptoms by removing the blockage with the help of mineral oil, baby oil or glycerin oil. These oils can help soften the earwax, and then it will clear by itself. Alternatively, you can use hydrogen peroxide drops as well as ear drops for the same effects. Keep in mind that using q-tips to remove earwax can push earwax deeper into your ear canal and then it can even worsen your condition.
39. Use Sound Therapy
Sound therapy is described to drown out the internal noise caused due to the tinnitus with the help of sound. Although this therapy does not treat the symptoms of tinnitus, it can help patients with tinnitus to forget their symptoms and help them relax without distraction. Actually, this therapy is recommended as a great way on how to get rid of tinnitus that you should try out!
40. Use Hearing Aids
If your tinnitus goes along with hearing loss, you should consider using a hearing aid to make the sound from outside louder and reduce the annoying effects of ringing sounds. This method may help stop the tinnitus symptoms temporarily. If you are suffering from hearing loss, using hearing aids may be a great solution for you.
41. Change Your Medication
If a medicine that you are taking seems to cause your tinnitus, you should stop or reduce this medicine or switch to a different drug. Actually, you should ask your doctor to change your medication if it is contributing to your tinnitus.
42. Use White Noise Machines
In some cases, using white noise can help in suppressing the sound so that you may feel less bothersome. These devices can produce environmental sounds such as ocean waves or falling rain. You may want to use pillow speakers with a white noise machine to help you sleep more easily. The noises from dehumidifiers, fans, humidifiers and air conditioners can also be helpful.
Now, keep reading this interesting article and then try to apply these home remedies as soon as possible, if you are looking for natural ways on how to get rid of tinnitus in children and adults.
43. Exercises For Tinnitus
Hypertension and therosclerosis are two common causes of tinnitus. Regular cardiovascular exercises can help decrease the intensity of tinnitus. Actually, any exercise that increases blood circulation is beneficial for treating tinnitus.
- Sit upright and then bow the head to the front. The chin will come in contact with the chest.
- Intertwine your fingers and keep them at your head’s back.
- Pull the head back while allowing your intertwined hands to oppose this rear movement. Remember not to over-exert.
- Repeat this movement 3-5 times, twice per day in order to relax the entire spinal chord.
- Open the jaws as wide as you can without exerting too much.
- Then, touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue tip.
- Move your tongue tip toward your tonsils while touching the roof of your mouth.
- Keep this for a few seconds.
- Next, pull the tongue out of the mouth and then stretch it as much as possible.
- Keep this for a few seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 4-5 times a day.
- Stand facing a mirror and use both of your hands to support your chin and open your mouth wide.
- Then, touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue tip while doing a slow up-down movement with your jaws. You can use your hands to support the jaw movement
- Do this movement for one minute and repeat it up to 3 times per day.
- Sit in an upright posture and then move the chin up and down for about 20 times.
- Then, move the chin in side-to-side movements for another 20 times without stretching too hard.
- Repeat this exercise 2-3 times per day.
- Sit in an upright position and then open the jaws wide, yet in a relaxed position.
- Then, lift the heads and take deep breaths.
- Return to the starting posture and repeat this exercise.
44. Aerobic Exercises
This is another great way on how to get rid of tinnitus in adults that you should not look down, especially if you want to reduce the severity of your tinnitus at home. Doing mild to moderate kinds of aerobic exercises may help you relieve the symptoms of tinnitus naturally. However, be careful with high-impact aerobics because they may worsen your condition.
45. Avoid Consuming Alcohol And Smoking
Alcohol consumption can worsen your tinnitus. This is because it can cause blood vessels to dilate, thus increasing the blood flow in your body. Actually, increased blood flow is associated with the noises heard in your inner ear. Meanwhile, smokers are at higher risk of developing tinnitus. Smoking can harm blood flow to your nerve cells that are responsible for controling your hearing. Also, smoking can work as a stimulant in the body Therefore, you should stop smoking and consuming alcohol in case you are suffering from tinnitus.
Acupuncture involves in inserting needles into some certain points of the body. However, it should be done under medical supervision to reduce the tinnitus symptoms to a great extent. In fact, it is known as an effective way on how to get rid of tinnitus that you should not skip out.
47. Get Enough Sleep
Fatigue may make tinnitus symptoms worse. If tinnitus prevents you from sleeping well, you should practice good sleep habits to get more restful sleep:
- Make your bedroom cool and dark.
- Use a white-noise machine or a fan in case your bedroom is too quiet.
- Have 7- 9 hours of sleeping at night.
- Follow a bedtime routine. For example, take a warm bath right before going to bed.
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time on a daily basis
- Ensure that your pillows and bed are comfortable and supportive.
- Avoid exercises, alcohol and foods 2- 3 hours before bedtime.
48. Protect Your Hearing
This is the last but very important one on the list of home remedies on how to get rid of tinnitus in adults that you should know and then try to follow these protective techniques to protect your hearing for good.
Loud noise may be a cause of tinnitus . Also, it can make your tinnitus symptoms worse. Here are some great ways to protect your hearing:
- Keep music at about 60% of full volume. Avoid listening to music for more than an hour at one time.
- Wear ear plugs at loud events.
- Wear ear plugs when using power tools, cutting the grass, etc.
- Using ear protection in noisy workplaces.
Although the ways on how to get rid of tinnitus mentioned above can help you get rid of tinnitus, visiting your doctor may be the first step for you to take. After reading this entire article, I hope that you and my other readers can find the best solution for your hearing problem. Actually, these ways have been reported to be effective in reducing the symptoms of tinnitus without causing any side effect. So, you can feel free to apply one or more of these ways as soon as possible. Now, if you know other treatments on how to get rid of tinnitus in children and adults, remember to share them with others. Also, let us know in the comment box below if these ways as I mentioned above are helpful for you.
Leave a Reply