Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common peripheral neuropathy in which the body’s peripheral nerves are traumatized or compressed. Most patients report that their fingers are aching, and numbness occurs after a rheumatic pain or wrist injury. Also, many pregnant women experience this syndrome in their middle or late pregnancy.
- 15 Tips How To Get Rid Of Cramps In Legs, Hands, Feet, & Stomach Fast/ 15 Best Foods To Build Muscles And Burn Fat Fast & Naturally At Home
List Of Simple Home Remedies For carpal Tunnel Pain:
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the home remedies for carpal tunnel in fingers, hands and thumb that you can make use for good. All of these remedies are easy to apply, so you can consider applying any of these remedies at home, especially if you want to get rid of carpal tunnel with natural ingredients.
I. Causes And Symptoms Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is common in those who often use the tendons and muscles of the fingers, arms, hands, and shoulders. They experience pain in the hands and wrists. Although this syndrome is not fatal, it can affect the quality of life.
There is no single cause of carpal tunnel syndrome. It occurs due to a combination of a few factors, including:
- Repetitive movements
- Hands are in a fixed position
- Hormonal changes in women
- Thyroid dysfunction
- High blood pressure
- Trauma or fractures to the wrist
Read on Top 48 Best Home Remedies For Stress Relief And Removal to discover some of the best natural treatments for stress relief.
Some common symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include:
- One or more fingers are numb, hot, or pain.
- Feeling the hands blistered or difficult to move.
- Temperature changes
- Skin pigmentation change on your affected hand
- Frequent sweating in the hands
List of 34 Tips How To Get Rid Of Hyperpigmentation On Face, Neck, Legs, & Back will show you some of the best tips that can be effective in treating hyperpigmentation on face and other body’s parts, so check it out!
II. Home Remedies For Carpal Tunnel
There are many home remedies for carpal tunnel in fingers, hands, and thumb out there. If you want to know how to treat the carpal tunnel pain naturally, you should keep both of your eyes on this article to discover some of the best treatments for carpal tunnel that you can apply with ease at home.
1. Ginger Root
Among the best home remedies for carpal tunnel in fingers, hands, and thumb, using ginger is known as one of the best solutions. Simply, slice a fresh ginger root in a few thin, flat strips. Then, wrap your wrist with these ginger strips, cover it with a bandage, and then leave it on overnight.
2. Massage Therapy
This should be the second way among home remedies for carpal tunnel in hands, fingers, and thumb that we want to mention in this article. Massaging your wrists and hands is another great way to relieve a few symptoms of carpal tunnel. This therapy can activate the pressure points on the hands, hence increasing blood supply, improving mobility, relaxing stiff muscles and reducing pain.
- Apply some warm olive oil or coconut oil on your wrists and hands.
- Massage with gentle strokes for about 15 minutes
- Repeat this process 2- 3 times daily.
- Note: Do not massage if you feel too painful or tender.
To know some of the simple ways to treat burns and cuts with the help of coconut oil, read on Top 7 Simple Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Burns And Cuts On Face And Hands
3. Home Remedies For Carpal Tunnel Pain – Turmeric Root
When you are looking for best home remedies for carpal tunnel in fingers, hands, and thumb, you should consider using turmeric root. Turmeric is great for the musculoskeletal system. The compound called curcumin found in turmeric, which gives this herb its yellow color, has anti-inflammatory effect, making it a great solution for carpal tunnel without causing any unwanted side effects.
4. Blackstrap Molasses
Blackstrap molasses is a great source of magnesium, which helps relax the muscles. The nutrients such as B vitamins, iron, calcium and potassium found in blackstrap molasses also help enhance blood flow throughout the body.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of blackstrap molasses to a cup of warm milk.
- Then, drink this solution once or twice per day.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another great one among home remedies for carpal tunnel in thumb, hands, and fingers is apple cider vinegar, which may help relieve pain and inflammation associated with carpal tunnel. According to a study about benefits of apple cider vinegar , apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium, which are required for strong bones and muscles.
- Add 1 tbsp. of unfiltered apple cider vinegar and some raw honey to a cup of warm water.
- Drink this solution twice daily.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and raw apple cider vinegar.
- Use this mixture to massage your affected area
- Repeat this process 2- 3 times daily.
If you want to know some of the simple ways to treat dandruff and itchy scalp with the help of apple cider vinegar, read on 30 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Dandruff And Itchy Scalp, Hair Loss
6. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is used widely in several ways in life, such as in cooking and in skincare for exfoliation. Moreover, Epsom salt is very cheap and easy to find so that anyone can make use of it. In fact, this natural ingredient can help a lot in curing carpal tunnel naturally without spending too much money. Epsom salt is known as a natural muscle relaxant, which helps relax your tightened muscles in the wrists and hands. Actually, it is known as one of the best home remedies for carpal tunnel in hands, fingers, and thumb that you should give it a try! Now, to use Epsom salt as a carpal tunnel treatment, you just need to follow the instructions below:
- Add ½-1 cup of Epsom salt to your warm bathwater.
- Then, soak your wrists and hands in this solution for 15-20 minutes
- Repeat this remedy 2- 3 times per week.
7. Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil is another great home remedy for carpal tunnel. It can help reduce pain and inflammation, and simultaneously restore normal functioning in the wrists. Now, if you want to use castor oil for treating the carpal tunnel symptoms, you just need to take the following steps:
- Warm some castor oil and then apply it on your fingers and hands.
- Massage them for about 10-15 minutes
- Wrap the hands in flannel and let it sit on for an hour.
- Repeat this remedy once daily for 7 days or until your problem improves.
Read More: 9 Uses Of Castor Oil For Boils In Men And Women
8. Flaxseed Oil
The fatty acids found in flaxseed oil can help reduce inflammation. Also, flaxseed oil is rich in omega-3s, which help reduce inflammation. Simply, you just need to add 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil to your daily cooking. This not only makes the food more delicious, but it also good for the wrists. You can add flaxseed oil to your salad dressing or your orange juice.
9. Home Remedies For Carpal Tunnel Pain – Devil’s Claw
When it comes to learning the best home remedies for carpal tunnel in hands, fingers, and thumb, you should not forget this ingredient. The harpagoside compound found in devil’s claw can produce nitric oxide, which helps reduce inflammation. Besides, devil’s claw has anti-inflammatory effect to give you a relief from carpal tunnel.
- Steep 1 tsp. of devil’s claw in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes
- Drink this tea 2-3 times per day
- Alternatively, consume 1500-2000mg of devil’s claw in capsule daily.
- Note: If you are using blood-thinning drugs or have peptic ulcers, you should not use this remedy.
10. Cold Compress
According to a research , cold compress helps reduce blood flow in the lesions, hence reducing edema and pain as well as muscle spasms in order to improve circulation. Apply cold compress over your injury area for about 15 minutes and repeat it 3- 4 times per day. Just ensure that you place a soft cloth between the skin and the ice pack. Then, use a warming pad for an hour and repeat it 4-5 nights per week. This will help enhance blood circulation and boost the healing process.
11. Elemental Magnesium
Elemental magnesium is another way among home remedies for carpal tunnel in hands, fingers, and thumb. Studies found that magnesium is good for nerve function, and it also helps relax the muscles. Actually, you often include magnesium-rich foods such as oats, rice, wheat, almonds, squash, watermelon, and cashew nuts, which are great for carpal tunnel treating in your diet plan. The only side effect of taking magnesium may be that you can experience loose bowel movements.
12. Essential Oil Blend
The anti-inflammatory properties found in these oils can penetrate into your carpal tunnel and then reduce the pressure on the median nerves. Actually, you can get a relief from carpal tunnel by using a mixture of a few essential oils.
- Mix 3 drops each of wintergreen and cypress oil in 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Then, massage this oil mixture onto the back of your wrists and hands.
The compound called curcumin also helps treat carpal tunnel pain through a mechanism. It helps lower the levels of the enzyme causing joint inflammation. For wrist pain and inflammation treatment, you should consume 4 tbsp. of curcumin per day. Simply, mix the powder in some water and then consume it, or mix it with honey or oatmeal. The dose of curcumin should be 1,500mg per day.
14. Best Home Remedies For Carpal Tunnel Pain – Pineapple
Pineapple fruit contains an enzyme called bromelain, which is good for carpal tunnel syndrome. Bromelain is derived from the plant’s stem, and it is a mixture of a few proteases that inhibit blood platelet aggregation and boost muscle relaxation. It helps reduce pain from inflammation in the wrist, and boost the healing process. You just need to consume pineapple regularly to reduce the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome. Also, you can try taking extra-bromelain.
15. Hypericum Leaf
Another way among the best home remedies for carpal tunnel in hands, fingers, and thumb is to use hypericum leaf. Simply, boil 3 hypericum leaves in a cup of water for about 10 minutes. Drink a cup of this cool tea daily, you will notice that the tingling and the pain in the wrists and hands is improved. Hypericum leaves have a calming effect, hence reducing the pain and inflammation associated with carpal tunnel.
16. Vitamin B6
This is worth mentioning in the list of the best home remedies for carpal tunnel in hands, fingers, and thumb that you should consuming making use for good. According to a study about vitamin B6 , consuming vitamin B6-rich foods can help improve the nervous system. Some great sources of vitamin B6 are dark green vegetables, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hazelnuts, lean meat, oily fish, and avocados. You can also try taking vitamin B supplements after consulting your doctor.
17. An Ointment Containing Arnica
This is another one among home remedies for carpal tunnel in thumb, fingers, and hands that you should consider applying for good. Ointment that contains arnica has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. The only thing you need to do is to apply ointment containing arnica onto your wrists. Gently massage until you feel your wrist softer. Repeat this method twice per day for the best results.
18. Stay Warm
In regard to learning home remedies for carpal tunnel pain that you should apply for good. This remedy is known as one of the best home remedies for carpal tunnel, especially in cold days. Actually, this trick is very simple and it can help deal with stiffness and pain.
If you want to know other home remedies for carpal tunnel in fingers, hands and thumb, you should keep reading this interesting article and then consider applying one or more of these natural remedies for good.
19. Home Remedies For Carpal Tunnel In Thumb, Fingers, And Hands – Exercises
Exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome can help strengthen the wrist and simultaneously prevent future injuries. Having strong wrist muscles can also help support your wrist during daily activities. If you do not spend much time doing all of the carpal tunnel exercises, perform at least one of the following exercises below on a regular basis.
a. Prayer Stretch
- Keep the palms together in front of the chest and below the chin.
- Lower the hands toward the waistline in a slow way so that the hands are close to the palms and stomach until you feel a stretch under the forearms.
- Keep this position for 15- 30 seconds
- Repeat this process 2-4 times.
b. Wrist Flex
- Gently place a hand straight ahead with the palm down while keeping the wrists down.
- Press your hand using your left hand and keep it for a moment
- Allow your wrists to be straight
- Lightly bend the right hand stretch back and then pull your fingers back using left hand.
- Repeat this process a few times for the best results.
c. Wrist Bend
- Firstly, place the elbows on a table with the hands up
- Bend the wrist forward in a right angle while putting it straight.
- Gently bend your back wrist
- Repeat this process several times for the best results.
d. The Spider
- Touch your hands together like the way you are praying.
- Pull the hands apart, but hold the fingers together
- Get back to the original position
- Repeat this process a few times.
e. Finger Bend
- Gently, bend the joints between the fingers downward over your upper palm
- Hold this position for a while.
- Repeat this method several times for the best results.
f. Hand Squeeze
- Squeeze a soft object or rubber ball, and then keep it for several seconds
- Then, allow the hands to rest
- Repeat the process a few times for the best results.
Whether you are playing guitar, typing, or using a hand drill, you should just do that for about 15 minutes. When it is over, stop what you are doing, relax your fingers and move your wrists to enhance blood flow. Changes at the office can help reduce the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Actually, this is known as one of the simplest home remedies for carpal tunnel in fingers, thumb, hands that you should not look down, yet try to apply for good.
21. Take Some Weight Off
Another great way among the best home remedies for carpal tunnel in thumb, hands, and fingers is to reduce your extra pounds. According to a research about carpal tunnel syndrome , excess weight will compress the nerve in your wrist. Therefore, you should try to take some weight off by following a healthy diet and performing plenty of exercise. If you do not know what your ideal weight is, consult your registered dietitian.
22. Tool Handling
When it comes to learning home remedies for carpal tunnel in thumb, fingers and hands, you should try this trick. Handling the tools leads to undue pressure on the nerves. So, broad diameter tools should be used. Alternatively, wrap a gauze of a rubberized tubing or a cotton cloth around it to make the grip stronger.
23. Home Remedies For Carpal Tunnel – Acupuncture
Carpal tunnel syndrome can be treated by applying acupuncture regularly. This method aims at some certain organs like the kidney, liver, and gallbladder, hence reducing the pressure on your median nerve.
24. Turmeric Powder And Milk
Add ½ tsp. of powdered turmeric to a glass of milk. Then, drink this solution at night to get a relief from internal pain and wounds. Actually, this is known as one of the best home remedies for carpal tunnel in thumbs, hands, and fingers that you should not look down, yet consider applying at home for good.
25. Reduce Harmful Foods
This is the last yet important way among home remedies for carpal tunnel in hands, thumb and fingers that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers who are suffering from this problem to apply for good. To treat the symptoms of carpal tunnel, you should avoid some refined foods like meat, pasta, French fries, donuts and cakes, as well as stimulants like alcohol, coffee and some food allergens like soy, milk, corn and cream.
Besides, there are additional tips when it comes to treating the symptoms of carpal tunnel. They include:
- Consume antioxidant-rich foods such as cherries, blueberries, squash, tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Use healthy oils for frying or baking.
- Avoid consuming red meats. Instead, consume more cold-water fish  and lean meat.
- Elevate your arms while sleeping and avoid sleeping on the hands.
- Avoid smoking because it will worsen the symptoms.
- Stop activities that can cause pain and numbness.
- Correct your posture
- Do yoga exercises that help strengthen the joints in your upper body
After reading this article, we hope that you can find some great solutions for your carpal tunnel symptoms. Actually, all of these home remedies as we mentioned above are effective in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with carpal tunnel. If you think that this list is helpful for your condition and can help other people around you, feel free to share it with them and then stimulate them to apply these home remedies for good. One more thing, if you know other great home remedies for carpal tunnel pain, share your ideas with others by leaving your comments below.
Leave a Reply