We are trying to hide our double chin by wearing a scarf or high-neck top and tilting our heads right when we take our photo. There is nothing to deny it. The added layer of fatty tissue under the chin is mainly caused by being overweight. Additionally, the sagging skin under our chins also shows up when we are older and our skin may lose their elasticity. For some cases, it can be genetic.
While there are some surgical procedures that can deal with a double chin, but they can be costly. There are a plenty of natural home remedies for getting rid of double chin that are painless and pocket-friendly. In this article, I will reveal the top 20 ways on how to get rid of double chin naturally. If you want to get more information about home remedies, go to our main How To page and then try to follow these home remedies to deal with health conditions and diseases.
How To Get Rid Of Double Chin Naturally – Top 20 Tips To Follow At Home
1. Cocoa Butter
One of the best tips on how to get rid of double chin naturally that you should know is that cocoa butter can help you improve the elasticity of your skin and reduce a double chin. When you use cocoa butter regularly, it will help improve the skin elasticity and help get rid of double chin naturally. Cocoa butter will soften the skin. Besides, the fatty acids found in cocoa butter hydrate and keep the skin supple and healthy. Also, cocoa butter is high in antioxidants.
How to use:
- Warm some tbsp. of cocoa butter in a microwave,
- Gently massage it into your double chin and neck for a couple of minutes
- Repeat this treatment twice a day, before having a bath in the morning and before going to bed at night.
2. Egg Whites
An egg white mask can be a great treatment for getting rid of double chin as it contains a skin-tightening ability. Also, egg whites are great for the overall skin health. The other contents found in this mask will nourish the skin and give a natural glow. Using egg white mask gives a quick facelift, especially when you have sagging mature skin.
- How to use:
- Whisk together 2 egg whites, 1 tbsp. each of honey, milk and lemon juice. Then, add some drops of peppermint oil.
- You apply this mask to your skin around the neck and chin area.
- Allow it to sit on for half an hour.
- Wash it off with warm water and then pat it dry.
- Repeat this once a day for a quick result.
3. Green Tea
Green tea has potent antioxidants and components that boost your metabolism rate. This will help to burn extra calories and help to lose weight. Also, green tea has a plenty of toxin-reducing antioxidants. So, cut down on the caffeine intake and add green tea if you want to deal with your double chin. Therefore, start a new day with a cup of green tea and consume some cups of green tea throughout the day. Actually, green tea has many different flavors, so you can opt for one that suits your taste.
How to make:
- You heat some lukewarm water, ensuring that you turn off the heat right before it comes to a boils.
- You add a green tea bag to it, leave it to dip for 5 minutes.
- Drink it up twice a day for the best results.
It is actually one of the best tips on how to get rid of double chin naturally that you should know and then consider following this tip for good.
4. Wheat Germ Oil
Regular neck and chin massage with wheat germ oil is known as another good way to get rid of double chin. This is because wheat germ oil contains vitamin E oil that can nourish and tighten your skin. Besides, it also contains vitamin B6, folic acid and minerals like potassium, phosphorus and magnesium. It also aids in reducing fat under the skin layer and offers nourishment to aging and sagging skin.
How to use:
- Before you go to bed, you gently rub some wheat germ oil around the neck and chin area.
- Massage upwards from the neck to the chin for about 10-15 minutes.
- You leave this oil on the skin overnight.
- Do this regularly to see an improvement in your double chin soon.
Melon can help you tone your skin and help you get rid of double chin. Melon contains about 95% of water and is high in vitamins and minerals. These nutrients work together to keep your skin hydrated and deal with saggy chin. Besides, melon contains antioxidant content and anti-aging properties are good for all types of the skin.
How to use:
- You extract fresh melon juice, and then apply it to your chin and neck areas with a cotton ball. Gently massage.
- Leave it on your skin for 15-20 minutes before you wash it off with water.
- For better results, you combine apple juice with melon juice and then use it to massage the skin around your jaw line. Also, consume more melon because it has high content of water. This will help you remove toxins from your body and also help with your weight loss.
In fact, using melons is another one of the best tips to get rid of double chin naturally that you should know and then try to follow this tip if you want to get rid of your double chin naturally.
6. Milk Massage
Milk contains a plenty of vitamins, minerals as well as nutrients that will hydrate and tone the skin. So, milk massage can be used to tone and tighten the skin around your chin area. Besides, selenium is a great milk constituent that contains anti-aging properties. This will increase the skin elasticity and firmness and reduce a double chin.Addition to this, applying milk on your skin will also keep the skin beautiful and soft. Simply, you apply milk on the chin area, gently massage for some minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Do this several times a day for some minutes. Another option for you is to make a natural mask with honey and milk. Mix both ingredients well and then apply it over your chin and neck area. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before you wash it off with warm water. Repeat this treatment once a day.
Learn More: Top 28 Tips On How To Tighten Belly Skin At Home
Another one on the list of ways on how to get rid of double chin that you should not skip out must include glycerin. You can make a natural glycerin mask to help you get rid of double chin. This colorless liquid is used in skincare products and cosmetics for its hydrating properties. It will improve the skin’s elasticity and texture while rinsing it.
How to make:
- You mix 1 tbsp. of glycerin, ½ tbsp. of Epsom salt and some drops of peppermint oil.
- Then, you apply it on the chin and neck area with a cotton pad.
- Allow it to sit on for some minutes so that it can absorb into your skin.
- After that, you wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat this home remedy 3-5 times a week to get the best results.
Actually, this is one out of the best tips on how to get rid of double chin naturally that you should not look down, but try to follow it as soon as possible, especially when you are trying to deal with your double chin at home.
8. Sugar Free Gum
To help you get rid of double chin, it is necessary to keep the facial muscles toned and offer the muscles in the jaw line an exercise. One of the most effective ways is to chew sugarless gum. Even, sugar-free gum can help you keep teeth and gums healthy. Simply, you chew sugarless gum a couple of times a day in order to reduce double chin as soon as possible.
There are some other tips on how to get rid of double chin in this article, continue reading this article to discover them and then try to follow these tips as soon as possible.
9. Olive Oil
Another one on the list of tips on how to get rid of double chin naturally that you should know and then try to use it if you want to reduce your double chin must include olive oil. The high content of antioxidants found in olive oil can protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. You just need to massage the chin and neck area with warm olive oil for 20 minutes a day to get rid of saggy double chin.
It is known as a natural skin moisturizing property. In fact, levomenol found in Chamomile contains anti-inflammatory properties, which help to maintain the elasticity of your skin. In fact, this is one on the list of best ways on how to get rid of double chin naturally, so you should consider using it if you are trying to get rid of your double chin naturally.
11. Vitamin E
Another good way on how to get rid of double chin is to increase the daily consumption of vitamin E. This will help you increase your skin elasticity as well as the overall skin health. Vitamin E is found in various food sources such as green leaf veggies, dairy products, wheat germ oil, barley, brown rice, legumes, beans, nuts and seeds, soybeans, liver and peanuts. You should try to add foods that are high in vitamin E to your daily diet as much as possible. Alternatively, you can take vitamin E supplement. Remember to consult your doctor first for an appropriate dosage. Another home remedy for getting rid of double chin that you can consider following as soon as possible:
How to use:
- You cut open a vitamin E capsule and take the contents on the palm.
- Then, you apply the gel on double chin and gently massage in an upward motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave this vitamin on until the next time you cleanse your face.
- Use the vitamin E massage daily.
12. How To Get Rid Of Double Chin- Have A Healthy Diet
If your double chin is caused by weight gain, losing weight can be the best way to get rid of it. The best way to lose weight is to have a healthy diet. If you are on a diet, remember to combine with practicing chin exercises to get the best results.
Some healthy eating tips are:
- Eat 4 servings of vegetable a day.
- Eat 3 servings of fruits a day.
- Consume whole grains instead of refined grains.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Consume lean protein like fish and poultry.
- Consume healthy fats like avocados, olive oil and nuts.
- Avoid fried foods, junk foods.
- Consume foods that are rich in fiber and low in calories. You need to aim at decreasing 60-70% of your calorie intake,
- Reduce the intake of sugar.
- Consume low-fat dairy products.
- Practice the control of portion.
In fact, these tips as I mentioned above can help you lose weight, thus helping you get rid of your double chin naturally.
13. Eat An Early Breakfast
When it comes to learning how to get rid of double chin naturally, you should not skip out the fact that eating an early breakfast can help you reduce your double chin naturally. The body just starts its metabolism when you start eating. So, it is so important to have an early breakfast. Once you eat breakfast, your body sends a signal in order to turn fat into energy. Also, adding breakfast into your schedule is a good way to start your day.
According to some studies, they show that people who eat breakfast in the morning tend to have their other meals even later in the day. So, they are likely to make healthier food choices and keep fast food away from your hands.
Also, when you eat breakfast in the morning, you will not get too hungry later in the day. Therefore, you are likely to have properly-sized meals. Try to add eggs and vegetables to your breakfast menu. They will offer you a boost of nutrients and proteins that will help you get rid of double chin.
14. Drink Plenty Of Water
To lose the fat on your chin, hydrate yourself thoroughly. Simply, have a bottom of water all the time, and drink it whenever you feel thirsty or hungry. Our bodies often misinterpret our need for water as our need for food. Therefore, when your brain signals hunger, drinking water will help to reduce the desire to eat and also help you consume lesser calories. Automatically, you will eat less and thus losing the fat on your chin area. Also, eat more foods that have high content of water such as cucumbers, melon, lettuce and celery. Simultaneously, reduce your intake of alcohol, coffee, tea and carbonated drinks. Adequate water intake will help decrease water retention that may leads to puffy face.
In fact, drinking plenty of water is known as one of the best tips on how to get rid of double chin naturally that you should not skip out, but try to drink plenty of water for good.
15. Have Healthy Snacks Between Meals
Another one out of the list of ways how to get rid of double chin that you should not skip out is that you should have healthy snacks between meals. When you have healthy snacks between meals, you encourage the body to go on metabolizing the food, turning it into energy and burning the fat under the chin area. For example, vegetables and fruits are good snacking options. Remember to eat less than 200 calories when snacking.
16. Sleep On A Thin Pillow
Sleeping on a high pillow is totally not recommended. It not only causes snoring, but it also stretches the skin under your face and induces a double chin. Instead, sleep on a thin pillow. It is sure to offer you a comfortable sleep.
This is another one on the list of ways on how to get rid of double chin that you should know when you are trying to deal with this condition at home.
17. Laugh And Talk More
When it comes to knowing how to get rid of double chin, you should try to laugh and talk more. In fact, when you want to reduce double chin, talking and laughing more also work as effective exercises. Your facial muscles have a great workout, and this will help to reduce your double chin.
Keep reading this article to discover other tips on how to get rid of double chin naturally and then try to follow these tips as soon as possible.
18. Keep The Body Posture Right
Another one of the best tips on how to get rid of double chin that you should not skip out the fact that keeping the body posture right can help you deal with your double chin. Improving your posture is an effective way to get rid of double chin. Whether you are reading a book or in front of a computer, you need to keep your back straight and your chin up. Your jawline should be held out and your head should be up high. When you maintain this body posture, the fat under your chin will be reduced. Also, it makes your neck and face look lean.
When the head is bending, the fat layers under your chin will become more prominent. Also, it may be a good idea to buy an ergonomic chair. This will maintain your right posture at all times, and gradually, you will reduce your double chin.
19. Chin Exercises
Keep in mind that there is no gain without any pain. To achieve a goal, you have to make some effort. So, aside from these minor lifestyle changes and home remedies, you have to exercise to tone a double chin. Here are easy chin exercises that can help to stimulate the jaw area, reduce the sagging skin and lose the fat. Double chin reduction becomes easier when you add these exercises to your daily routine.
- Fake Gum Chewing: You raise your chin up, open and close your mouth like the way you are chewing gum. Then, you will fell your jawline tightening.
- Side Neck Stretch: You sit down on a chair with your back straight. Slowly tilt the head to the side as far as possible. Then, you close your mouth as tightly as possible, and stay it for about 10-15 seconds. Then, you will feel the neck muscles tightening.
- Tongue Press: You sit upright and tilt the head to face the ceiling. Then, you press the tongue against the mouth’s roof and lower your chin to your chest. Then, release the tongue. Do this exercise several times a day for best results.
- Head Lift: With this double chin exercise, you need to lie with a pillow. Tilt the head back, stretching the neck as far as possible. This will make the chin firmer, which will help to get rid of double chin.
- Kiss The Ceiling: You raise the head towards the ceiling and then open the mouth as wide as you can. Pucker the lips as much as possible and count until 10. This chin exercise will help in tightening the jawline.
- Slap The Chin: With your hand’s back, lowly slap underneath your chin. Slowly start and gradually increase the pace. Repeat this chin exercise several times every day.
- Circle Of Life: This is a good chin exercise for people who are very busy. Sit erect and tilt the head to face the ceiling. Seal the lips and then make an ‘’O’’ shape with them. Keep this position for about 20 seconds and then release. You repeat this chin exercise several times a day.
- Jaw Extension: You open the mouth wide and move the lower jaw in an up-and-down movement when you are attempting to scoop out with the lower jaw. Then, you will notice that the lower teeth touching the lower lip. You repeat this chin exercise about 15 times several times a day.
- Lower Lip Stretch: You stand up with the head at a natural angle. Keep the lower lip up as much as you can and repeat this for about 20 seconds. Do this exercise several times a day.
- Lip To Nose: You can do this exercise while standing or sitting. Touch the nose with the lower lip. Repeat this exercise 20 times a day for the best results.
- Sticking Out The Tongue: You will need to stand straight, open the mouth wide and stick the tongue out. Keep your tongue out for up to 10 seconds and then relax. Practice this exercise about 10 times a day for best results.
- The Neck Twist: You sit erect on a chair, in front of a mirror. Then, you look up to the ceiling. Twist the neck and then look over the right shoulder. Keep this pose, release and twist to look over your left shoulder. After that, you bring the head to the center, lower your head so that your chin can touch your chest, and relax. Practice this exercise very slowly.
- Tennis Ball Exercise: You hold a tennis ball between your neck and chin. Hover it around so that it can rub your neck. Go on this for several minutes before relaxing. Practice this exercise daily for best results.
- Neck Roll: You sit erect and then take a deep breath. Then, you inhale, turn the head and touch the chin to the shoulder. You exhale and lower the head so that your chin can rest on your chest. After that, you inhale and then come back to the center. Practice this on the other side. Repeat this exercise several times a day to get the best results.
Pigeon Face: You sit comfortably and keep your jaw with your index and thumb fingers. When you are stable, you push your neck and head forward and keep this pose. Relax and repeat this exercise twice a day for best results.
20. How To Remove Double Chin – Yoga For Double Chin
When it comes to knowing how to get rid of double chin naturally, you should try to practice these following poses for good. In this article, I will reveal three yoga poses that can help you get rid of a double chin.
- Cobra Pose: This works on your digestive system, thus improving appetite, boosting metabolism and removing blockages. Once you stretch and open your heart and neck up, the muscles from the neck to chin areas will be toned and stretched. The toning of the neck muscles and the increased metabolism will help you reduce a double chin.
- How to do it: You lie flat on the stomach, with the legs stretched and your feet facing down. Then, you place the elbows by your side. Lift your chest and placing your body weight on your elbows. Deeply inhale and strongly exhale.
- Wind Relieving Pose: This works on your digestive system, thus stimulating it. It will increase the metabolic rate and start the mechanism to lose fat. Also, it makes an amicable ambiance for good absorption of nutrients occurring in the body.
- How to do it: You lie flat on the floor with the back on the floor. Then, you fold the knees and hug them. You lift the head off the ground and bring the nose in between both of your knees. Keep this pose for a couple of seconds when you deeply breathe and then relax.
- Bow Pose: This works on your digestive system and simultaneously regulates the metabolism. When you stretch and open up, your muscles from the neck to the chin area will be toned and stretched. And this will aids in getting rid of a double chin.
How to do it: You lie flat on the stomach. Fold the knees and lift them gently off the floor. Then, you stretch the arms at the back and try to reach for the feet. You lift the chest off the floor and place your body weight on your stomach. Then, you lift the chin up and then set the gaze forward. Maintain this pose for a couple of seconds when you breathe deep and long. Relax.
The only thing you need to do is to have patience and keep the faith to see yourself through the goal of getting rid of double chin. It may be hard, but it is possible. Until you deal with your double chin, follow smart tricks including beautiful hairstyle such as long bob, layered waves or angled haircut to make the double chin less noticeable. Finally, you need to remember to follow these tips regularly to get positive results.
After reading this article of 20 best tips on how to get rid of double chin naturally, hope that the readers of Healthy Guide who are trying to get rid of their double chin naturally can achieve their goals. If you know other tips on how to get rid of double chin, remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment section below.