The human skin is susceptible to many diseases, disorders, and problems, and sagging skin is one of the most annoying things happening to us when we get older. Sagging skin is among the signs of inevitable skin aging process. If you are searching for solutions on how to tighten sagging skin on face and legs and firm your skin, then understanding why it happens is the first step you should take towards a tighter complexion.
In fact, sagging skin is not the result of the only cause. There are some factors contributing to the sagging of skin that used to firm, supple and taut. Some of the most common factors of sagging skin are:
Causes Of Sagging Skin
– Aging: this is obviously the most common cause of sagging skin. When people age, their skin starts losing its natural collagen and elastin. The healthy collagen development is among primary contributors to youthful, plump skin, but this production slows down over time, connective tissue will get weaker while skin looks older and more tired.
– Sun exposure: another cause of sagging skin is sun exposure. People who spend too much time in the sun, be it working outdoors, sun bathing, or having recreational outdoor activities, are exposing their skin to ultraviolet radiation which will break down your elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
– Weight loss: Losing weight, particularly losing large amounts of weight over a short period of time, could be a cause of sagging skin. People who lose a large number of kilograms quickly with exercise and diet might be disappointed by the skin amount which becomes sagging after their hard discipline and attempt.
– Hormones: this cause is more accentuated in women because of the reduction of estrogens and the menopause.
– Other causes: people who smoke seem to expose their skin as well as other organs to many harmful chemicals and smoke as well that dries their skin out and leads to dropping and sagging. Besides, dehydration is another reason of sagging skin. People who do not drink enough water on a daily basis will have older looking skin because the skin’s collagen is not rebuilt quickly enough.
Now, you have known what causes your skin to sag. It is time to know how to fight sagging skin effectively without too much cost. This article from Healthy Guide will help you find out the best solution for your problem. Check out this list of 19 best home remedies for sagging skin on face and legs!
19 Natural Home Remedies For Sagging Skin On Face And Legs
1. Egg White
Being a natural astringent, egg white can work as a good treatment for dropping and sagging skin. Thanks to its skin-nourishing properties from hydro lipids, egg white can help in lifting loose skin.
What you have to do is:
– Take 1-2 egg whites to whisk till you have a foamy texture.
– Then, apply it over your face and neck. Wait for 20 minutes before washing it off with fresh water
– Alternatively, you could also mix 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt with 1 egg white. Whisk them well before applying the mixture over your affected skin. Wait for 20 minutes and rinse it off.
– Follow either of the mentioned-above remedies 2 times per week to go radiant and firm skin.
Learn More: 31 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Hickies Fast
Lemon, one of the most easy-to-find home remedies for sagging skin naturally, with its high content of vitamin C can boost the production of collagen. In turn, this helps in restoring the skin elasticity. Moreover, lemon also has astringent properties which can be useful in tightening the skin and alleviating wrinkles and fine lines as well as other signs of aging.
Follow this routine:
– Take a fresh lemon to extract its juice. Rub it over your problematic skin areas. Wait for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with clean water. Apply this method 2-3 times per day for about 1-2 months. Do not forget applying a good moisturizer after that.
– As an alternative, you could take the juice from half a lemon to mix with 1 cup of water. Then, splash that solution over your cleansed face. Let the solution air dry by itself. Reapply this method 1-2 times per day to get the best results.
Bananas are a fat-rich fruit which can hydrate and moisturize your skin naturally. Also, it improves the elasticity of your skin, thereby helping in tightening dropping and sagging skin. You can take advantage of bananas, olive oil and honey to create a remedy for sagging skin. Olive oil and honey are all humectants which have antioxidants helping repair the damage skin cells. Take these steps to make one of the best home remedies for sagging skin naturally using bananas:
– Take ½ ripe banana to peel and mash it. You should warrant that there is no lump remained.
– Add 1 teaspoon each of olive oil and honey into and mix them well
– Apply the paste over your sagged skin and wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off tepid water and finish with cool water to help close your skin pores.
– Use this method 1-2 times per week
4. Aloe Vera
In regard to tightening and firming loose skin, aloe vera is considered the best. It is because of the malic acid available in aloe vera which can improve the skin’s elasticity. Moreover, aloe vera also plays as a natural moisturizer for the human skin. In fact, it is among the best home remedies for sagging skin naturally we would like to introduce in the entire article today and want you to learn carefully about for good!
– Take a fresh aloe vera leaf to extract its gel, and then smear the gel over your face and neck.
– Wait for 15 minutes before washing it off with tepid water
– Reapply this method a few times per week
Alternatively, you can mix aloe vera gel with honey and mayonnaise with the ratio of 1:1:1. After that, apply this pack over your face and neck, wait for 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. Do not forget to splash cold water over your face. Follow this routine once per week.
If you are looking for a solution for your sagging skin, the look nowhere but cucumbers in your kitchen. The cucumber is considered one of the best home remedies for sagging skin after weight loss because it is a natural skin toner. Furthermore, it comes with rejuvenating and refreshing effect on your skin. What you have to do is:
– Take a cucumber to cut into halves, then take a half to squeeze the juice.
– Apply that juice over your face, wait till it dries out.
– Wash it off with tepid water and reapply the method a few times per week
Or, you could also make a homemade face mask by mixing 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice with 3-5 drops of the vitamin E oil and 1 egg white. Then, cover your face and neck with this pack. Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water. This remedy should be done once per week.
6. Olive Oil / Coconut Oil / Avocado Oil/ Almond Oil / Jojoba Oil
In fact, massaging your skin with natural oils such as olive oil is a good way to tighten your skin naturally. It also keeps your skin smooth and firm thanks to the antioxidants like vitamin E and vitamin A which render anti-aging properties. Using oils can also moisturize your skin well.
– Warm up a small amount of olive oil in your microwave
– Apply the oil over your face
– Massage it gently in circular motions for about 10 minutes
– Repeat this routine once per day before hitting the hay
If you do not like olive oil, use coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil or almond oil as alternative to massage your face, neck, hands and legs.
Honey is one of the safest home remedies for sagging skin naturally because it has antioxidant, hydrating and anti-aging properties, it is useful for reducing sagging skin. Take these steps:
– Mix several drops of each of olive oil and lemon juice with 2-3 teaspoons of honey
– Apply the pack over your face as well as neck
– Wait till it dries before washing it off with tepid water
– Follow this method 1-2 times per day to get the best results
Alternative, you could mix ½ tablespoon of honey and ½ tablespoon of sour cream. After that, add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder into the mixture. Apply that mixture over your face for about 15 minutes before cleansing it with tepid water. You can splash cold water over your face to close skin pores. You can take advantage of this method once per week.
Learn more: Top 15 Ways On How To Remove Skin Tags Quickly
8. Multani Mitti
The reason why this ingredient is listed here is because multani mitti could improve the skin tone and combat pimples, blemishes or tanning. Also known as fuller’s earth, multani mitti can draw excess oil from your skin and boost blood circulation within your face. You should combine it with milk to create a paste that makes your skin softer and smoother. However, this pack is just recommended for those who are not allergic to dairy products. If you are allergic to dairy products, you should replace milk with rose water. Another thing you need to know is that multani mitti is often recommended for people with oily skin, not sensitive or dry skin.
– Take 2-3 tablespoons of multani mitti (aka fuller’s earth) and add milk with cream into the powder to create a good paste
– Apply the paste over your face and neck evenly
– Wait till it dry naturally (about 10 minutes) and wash it off with cool water.
– Reapply this routine once per week.
Oatmeal is a great absorbent which can absorb the impurities as well as dirt logged in the skin pores. Additionally, because of antioxidant properties, oatmeal can soothe your skin and protect it from the damage of free radicals. Incorporating oatmeal with honey and gram flour can give you a good solution for not only sagging skin but also slowing down anti aging process. This mixture also keeps your skin youthful and nourished.
– Prepare 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and grind them into a grainy powder
– Add gram flour (besan) and honey with the ratio of 1:1 into that powder and followed by rose water to create a good paste
– Apply this pack over your sagged skin, wait for 10 minutes and rinse it off with water.
– Follow this routine once per week
10. Clay Mask
Another option for those who are looking for home remedies for sagging skin is clay mask. Clay masks are great for refreshing and firming aging and sagging skin. This ingredient could cleanse your skin and lessen inflammation. According to a study in 2012, it was shown that clay masks can boost the number of collagen fibers within the human skin. Therefore, they are great for tightening skin.
Follow these guidelines:
– Mix bentonite / Kaolin clay and powdered milk with the ratio of 2:1 to create a thick paste
– Then, add a little rose water or plain water into the mixture and apply that solution over your skin by using your fingers
– Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water
– Repeat this routine once per week
11. Castor Oil
Among home remedies for sagging skin, castor oil is a great skin conditioner which can treat dry patches on the face in several applications. It can boost the elastin and collagen production, thereby making the skin more soft, taut, and smooth. But, remember that this remedy should not be used for sensitive and oily skin types. Follow these instructions:
– Mix castor oil and lemon juice or several drops of lavender oil with the ratio of 2-1.
– Then, massage your skin with this mixture in the upward circular motions for several minutes
– Leave it there till the next morning and rinse it off with tepid water, followed by cool water.
– Apply this method 1-2 times per week
12. Avocado Milk Cream
This is considered a nourishing face mask which can be prepared by mixing avocado, honey and milk cream together. The mask is best to tight loose skin on your face by softening and refining your skin pores. You should apply this facial mask on a regular basis to maintain collagen production and keep your skin well moisturized, preventing wrinkles and fine lines.
– Mix some mashed avocado with a small amount of honey and milk cream to create a good paste
– Slather this mixture over your skin and wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
– Reapply this method 3 times per week
13. Sea Salt
Despite it has not been proven in terms of science, sea salt is said to be able to improve the circulation of blood and support skin tightening.
In order to take advantage of sea salt for reducing sagging skin, you can make your own salt scrub and apply it as often as you could to exfoliate the skin, eliminate dead skin cells and steadily regain the normal state. Alternatively, you could also soak yourself in the hot bath which has sea salt for the same effects.
The next remedy in this list of home remedies for sagging skin is the delicious strawberries. It can help tighten loose skin thanks to the good source of vitamin C. vitamin C is very beneficial for skin, particularly facial area. Thus, you can follow these steps to improve your sagging and dropping skin with strawberries:
– Take several strawberries to mash them up and combine with 2 tablespoons of each of yogurt and honey
– Apply the paste over your face and wait for 5 minutes before washing it off with cool water
– Repeat the remedy daily for a few weeks
We all love the taste and smell of cinnamon, but not many of us know that it can act as a great remedy to tighten loose skin. If combined with olive oil, turmeric and salt or sugar (or any other natural exfoliating agent), cinnamon could be a wonderful ingredient for a facial mask.
– Mix a little amount of cinnamon powder, 1 tablespoon of each of olive oil and sugar together to create a good paste
– Apply the paste over your face your skin and use it as a facial scrub.
– Follow it 1-2 times per week to have glowing skin
16. Green Tea
Green tea is renowned for its health and beautiful benefits, making it one of the best home remedies for sagging skin and other problems. Also, green tea can boost your energy levels and metabolism. With the substance named catechins which can release fat from cells and transform it into usable energy for human body, green tea can make your whole body younger from inside out. It has lots of antioxidants as well as blood-purifying properties which support the production of collagen. To take advantage of green tea the right way, you should consume it on a daily basis to tighten your skin naturally.
17. Rose Water
Being a natural astringent, rose water is a good toner which can tighten loose skin. Moreover, it is great for maintaining glowing and clear skin. Follow these guidelines to use rose water for tightening sagging skin:
– Apply rose water on your facial and neck skin before hitting the hay. This can help tighten your pores and prevent the signs of premature aging.
– Or, you could also mix witch hazel and lemon juice with the ratio of 1:1, then add 5 drops of almond oil into that mixture. Put the whole mixture in a cup of rose water. After that, apply the rose water over your face as well as neck, wait for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Apply this remedy a few times per week.
In addition to being one of the simplest home remedies for sagging skin, water can wash away the toxins accumulating under your skin, making it to be more youthful.
Premature aging often makes the skin sag, so if you drink lots of water, the majority of toxins found in your skin will be eliminated together with water. Also, water supplies moisture to different parts of your skin, making it smooth all day long. It is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
Exercises are crucial for stretching the skin and boosting its elasticity. When you exercise, you will sweat, helping detoxify your body as well as your skin. oftentimes, sweat comes with toxins which accumulate under your skin, thereby helping prevent premature skin aging.
Exercise also increase the muscle mass of your body, making your skin more tighten. However, it does not mean that you have to go the gym daily in order to tighten up the skin. In fact, cardiovascular exercises can make you reduce a large number of calories which are not good for tightening sagging skin.
Extra Tips On Tightening Sagging Skin
– In order to tighten droppings kin, you should practice facial muscle exercise twice per day
– Do not forget to exercise regularly for a well-toned look
– Try to exfoliate your skin once per week to remove dead skin cells
– Take enough sleep
– Avoid rapid and sudden weight loss
– Use a strong sunscreen with the SPF from 15 to 30 for protecting your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. Also, avoid expose to the sun from 10 am to 3 pm and for prolonged periods.
– stop smoking and limit your intake of alcohol because they all speed up the aging process
– Do not use soaps that contain harsh chemicals
– Make use of cosmetic products which are designed specifically for your skin type
– Avoid eating highly processed junk food and refined sugar
– Consume lots of raw vegetables and fresh fruits in order to keep your own body nourished
– Take vitamin C, E and methylsulfonylmethan supplements with the supervision of your doctor
– Drink enough water and moisturize your skin properly
Hopefully, after reading this article about home remedies for sagging skin, you have found the right solutions for tightening loose skin. In addition to applying some of these home remedies for sagging skin, following a healthy diet and skincare regime could help you maintain glowing skin and youthful appearance.
If you have any question about this topic of home remedies for sagging skin naturally, do not hesitate to leave your comments below this post. We will feedback as soon as possible!