Inadequate production and quality of the sperm is one of the most common reasons for male infertility as it can lower the odds of one of the sperms fertilizing the egg for conception. Let’s check out how to improve sperm motility and count fast at home with Healthy Guide.
- List of 48 Best Natural Foods for Penis Enlargement Men Should Know/ 51 Best Diet and Foods for Sex Power for Men and Women
I. Sperm Motility – A Short Overview
According to the World Health Organization, the normal count of sperm is at least twenty million per ml of semen. Fewer than fifteen million sperm per ml is considered a low sperm count, also known as “oligozoospermia”. Conception issues are associated with lower than forty million moving sperm in the ejaculate.
Oligoospermia can occur because of a wide variety of reasons and contributing factors, such as infected semen, hormonal abnormalities, varicoceles (enlargement of veins within the scrotum), infection in the prostate gland, use of anabolic steroids, damaged sperm ducts, alcohol abuse, cigarette smoking, toxic chemicals, drug abuse, heavy metal exposure, certain medications, and radiation. Even vaginal lubricants tend to be harmful to sperms.
Recent researches claim that the heating of the testicles triggered by electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) may also contribute to low sperm count. Therefore, habits such as keeping a cell phone in your pants pocket or a laptop on your lap are usually discouraged.
A lot of home treatments and other tips on how to improve sperm motility fast and also increase the sperm quality.
If you or any member of your family are dealing with any symptom or sign of dizziness, you do not need to worry too much as you can totally say goodbye to this scar issue by using some home remedies revealed by author of Healthy Guide.
2. How Can You Detect Sperm Motility?
Low sperm motility can be detected easily by doing a semen analysis. A semen analysis will show the following 3 parameters:
- Motility –This shows the sperms percentage which have the ability to swim forward.
- Morphology –This shows the sperms percentage that are of normal shape.
- Sperm Count –This shows the count or concentration of sperm per ml of semen.
3. What Causes Low Sperm Motility?
Low sperm motility can be triggered by a lot of factors such as:
- Heredity –If a father suffers from low sperm motility, there are risks of passing on the DNA to the kid.
- Nutritional Deficiencies –Consuming an unhealthy diet that lacks essential nutrients can influence the sperm health. If your diet does not contain sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals, you may suffer from low sperm motility.
- Stress and Anxiety –A hectic work schedule and too much exertion can cause stress and anxiety, which in turn can lower the sperm motility. Not only does it let boredom set in, it also leads to a lot of hormonal imbalances.
- Consuming foods that have metals –Consuming food items that contain heavy metals also influences the sperm motility.
- Too much heat –do you like sauna? Well, it can influence your ability to be a father. Taking too many hot showers, sitting in hot tubs, wearing tight underclothes, and keeping your laptop directly on your lap can cause low sperm motility.
- Too much sex –Having sex on a too regular basis can also cause the low sperm motility issue. Also having sex with too many partners can raise the risks of contracting sexually transmitted diseases – STDs. Use a condom and practice safe sex.
- Smoking and Alcohol –The intake of cigarette smoking and alcohol can affect the health of your sperm negatively. Cigarette smoking can weaken the sperms and they are unable to fertilize the eggs. If some sperms do fertilize the eggs of a woman and generate an embryo; those embryos have fewer risks of survival.
- Side effect of medicines –Anti-anxiety medications, hormones, and steroids can weaken the sperms and cause the low sperm motility issue.
- If you have been diagnosed with low sperm motility, you don’t need to panic. You can still be a father. There are a lot of ways on how to improve sperm motility and count.
II. Quick Tips To Increase Sperm Motility
Here are the best quick tips on how to improve sperm motility by home remedies that everyone can try making use right at home to deal with the issue effectively:
- Manage stress as it can interfere with the hormones that can aid in the sperms production.
- Manage your weight well.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat food items abundant in vitamin C, selenium, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and folic acid such as sesame seeds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, eggs, spinach, chia seeds, flaxseeds, tomatoes, broccoli, beans, lentils, and oranges. After consulting your doctor, you can also take nutritional supplements.
- Go organic in terms of foods as well as other products to avoid toxic chemicals, such as deodorants and other cosmetics.
- Do not wear tight boxers or briefs.
- Steer clear of saunas and hot baths to avoid heating the testicles, which is detrimental to normal production of sperms.
- Avoid using plastic containers, bottles, and other items made of plastic to reduce xenoestrogen (environmental estrogen) exposure.
III. How To Improve Sperm Motility By Home Remedies
There are some wonderful tips people can apply with ease at the comfort of their own home to boost the quality and quantity of sperm naturally. All of these remedies just require easy to find natural ingredients, so everyone just need to make use of them exactly according to the guideline of Healthy Guide below:
1. Moderate Exercise
This is the first tip on how to improve sperm motility and count that we would like to introduce here!
Researches have discovered that moderate exercise can aid a lot in boosting the healthy sperm production. In fact, a research published online in the British Journal of Sports Medicine in 2013 indicated that the increase in sedentary lifestyle among young men has caused a decrease in the entire quality of semen.
The research discovered that young men who had a sedentary lifestyle and watched more than twenty hours of TV a week had a 50% lower sperm count compared to the men who did not watch TV too often.
On the other hand, those who engaged in fifteen hours of moderate exercise per week at least had sperms with higher quality and 73% higher sperm count than those who engaged in exercise not much or even lived without exercising.
To boost your sperm count, do some type of physical exercise for 1 hour a day at least regularly. Weight training and outdoor physical activities (except cycling) are also very good for sperm health.
Note: Avoid overexertion as it can cause a decrease in sperm count. Cycling, as well, is not recommended as it can put pressure against the scrotum and in turn boost the scrotum temperature.
Tribulus terrestris, also called “gokshura”, is an Ayurvedic treatment to boost the sperm count and also increase the sperm quality as it can boost hormone levels. A research by Indian researchers in 2012 also discovered that this aphrodisiac herbal remedy is very useful for curing low sperm count (oligozoospermia).
Tribulus terrestris is among the most useful Ayurvedic home treatments and tips on how to improve sperm motility by home remedies. Also called gokshura, it can help to possess certain aphrodisiac properties that can aid a lot in overcoming oligozoospermia.
The fruits are considered to work as an aphrodisiac and diuretic; they used for sexual dysfunctions, urolithiasis, and a study  has shown they are also good for sperm count.
When taken orally, this herbal remedy can raise the testosterone levels inside the body. Be sure to consult your doctor before making use of it, though.
Take one to three capsules of 500 mg Tribulus terrestris on a daily basis for a few months, but just after consulting your doctor.
Garlic can work well like a natural aphrodisiac and increase the production of sperm, and using garlic is also among the best tips on how to improve sperm motility by home remedies people should not skip. It has a compound known as allicin, which can boost the sperm endurance and also boost the blood circulation. In addition, the mineral selenium in garlic can aid a lot in improving sperm motility.
This natural aphrodisiac is very well-known for raising the sperm count. The presence of a compound known as allicin, along with improving the sperm endurance, can boost the blood circulation. It can also boost the blood circulation in the genital track and strengthen the sperm count in males. Vitamin B6 in garlic can acquire full control over the sex hormones secretion as well as reduce the damage to the sperms. You just need to chew one to two garlic cloves thoroughly every day. You can also add into your daily diet.
4. Panax Ginseng
Panax ginseng, also called Korean ginseng, is commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine that can aid a lot in helping the body adapt to stress. It also can be used to increase testosterone, and sperm motility and count to boost the fertility in males. Panax ginseng can aid a lot in improving erectile performance as well.
Panax Ginseng is a traditional Chinese medicine that can make it simple for the body to adapt to stress. It is a home treatment that can help to fix male fertility by increasing testosterone levels. As testosterone levels rise, the sperm count and motility will be boosted right away. In addition, this herbal remedy can also make your erectile performance better. In case you are considering trying out panax ginseng, you will need to know clearly about the different types. Not all ginsengs available in the market are the same and their impacts may vary in potency. Take one to three capsules of 500 mg Panax ginseng on a daily basis for at least three months. Consult your doctor before you start this or any other supplement regimen.
A pilot research  by Indian researchers, published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine in 2013, discovered that ashwagandha root extract can boost the sperm count, sperm motility, and semen volume significantly. The research participants were given 675 mg of ashwagandha root extract in three divided doses, every day for 3 months.
In addition, this herbal remedy can help to promote the healthy testosterone production. It also can boost the overall health, increase vitality and reduce anxiety and stress.
- The first choice is to take ashwagandha root extract. Consult your doctor for proper dosage.
- Alternatively, mix ½ tsp. of powdered ashwagandha, also called Indian ginseng, in a glass of warm milk. Drink it 2 times per day for a few months.
Keep reading for more tips on how to improve sperm motility fast at home that you can try at the comfort of your own home.
6. Maca Root
Maca root of the black variety can aid a lot in improving the production and motility of sperm. It is a popular fertility herbal remedy that can aid a lot in balancing the hormones.
Maca root can work against low sperm count and infertility owing to its hormone balancing properties, especially testosterone. It is thought to boost male sexual desire as well.
A recent research  into the advantages of taking Maca supplements did not find any improvement in total sperm count or sperm concentration but reported a statistically great increase of normal sperm morphology and of motile sperm.
In order to use maca root among other natural remedies for fertility, take one to three tbsps. of this herbal remedy, divide it into 2 doses and take it along with 1 glass of water.
You can also try adding it into your protein smoothie or shake and can also sprinkle some of it on the cereal. Make sure that you will take ½ tsp. in the beginning and work your way up over 2 – 3 weeks as maca root has a rich content of fiber. Follow this treatment for 1 – 2 months to get the best results.
7. Saw Palmetto
Saw palmetto, commonly used for prostate health, is another useful herbal remedy that can be useful for how to improve sperm motility and count. It is also effective for curing erectile dysfunction.
After consulting your doctor, you can try taking 160 mg of saw palmetto extract two times every day for a few months. The supplement need to be standardized to contain 85% – 95% fatty acids and sterols.
Damiana is actually among the best useful herbal remedies that can help to reduce sperm count. It can also help to calm the nerves, relieve anxiety and mental exhaustion, and can work well like a muscle relaxant.
- Steep ¼ tsp. of dried damiana leaves into 1 cup of boiling water within about five to ten minutes. Strain the solution and add some honey to sweeten it. Consume the solution up to three times per day for 1 – 2 months.
- After consulting your doctor, you can also try taking this herbal remedy in supplement form.
There are still many other useful tips on how to improve sperm motility by home remedies that you should not skip, so keep reading the writing with us!
9. Green Tea
Research suggested that the abundant antioxidants content of green tea have good fertility-boosting potential as they neutralize free radicals that can harm sperm cells.
According to a study  published in the journal Molecular Nutrition and Food Research in 2012, low doses of a compound known as EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) contained in green tea can help a lot in improving sperm quality, such as motility, thus increase its potential for fertilization. Nevertheless, higher EGCG concentrations can have an opposite impact. Therefore, further researches are still needed.
It is entirely due to the presence of high proportion of antioxidants of green tea that it can possess a good sperm count increasing potential. Only if taken in lower doses, then green tea also becomes a great help in improving fertility, and motility. On the contrary, high doses poses side effects. Add one or two spoons of green tea within 1 cup of boiling water. Keep aside for cooling. Drink once it gets cooled.
In fact, consume one or two cups of green tea every day can also boost the fertility and improve the overall health.
10. Horny Goat Weed
Horny goat weed is a time-tested aphrodisiac that is used widely in traditional Chinese medicine. It can aid a lot in increasing the production of sperm and curing the erectile dysfunction issue. Horny goat weed supplements, nevertheless, have not been tested for safety as yet.
Horny goat weed is considered to have a natural power to raise the fertility levels as well as the sperm count in men. It is certainly named well.
It has the compound named Icariin which has been considered in researches to raise the sperm count and boost sexual functions in mice. This herbal remedy has a history of being used in the traditional Chinese medicine.
Horny Goat Weed is also said to provide the aphrodisiac power which make it as a perfect fit among other tips on how to improve sperm motility fast and naturally.
After consulting your doctor, try taking 250 to 500 mg of horny goat weed supplement every day for 2 – 3 months.
11. Sunflower Seeds And Pumpkin Seeds
The regular intake of pumpkin seeds  and sunflower seeds can affect the sperm count; in turn, improving the male fertility. Thus, a man going through low sperm count must add ¼ cup of raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds on a daily basis. Keep reading for more useful tips on how to improve motility with home remedies and natural cures that can work very well for you!
The lactobasillus bacteria content of yoghurt contributes towards the chance of fertility and the development of sperm count. In addition, yoghurt has leads of vitamin B12, that is equally needed for the sperms count and motility.
The abundance of antioxidant in pomegranates can help to reduce the malondialidehyde that is responsible for leading to damage to the sperms. If people have regular intake of this fruit, then it will act very efficiently in killing the free radicals and gradually boosting the sperm count. The other advantages of pomegranate are boosting energy, boosting blood circulation, and keeping diseases at bay. You should consume fresh pomegranate juice without adding sugar or anything else.
14. Kidney Beans
Kidney bean is very abundant in folic acid which is responsible for the good sperm health. According to the latest study, men having lower amount of folic acid in the body, are more vulnerable to the increased risks of sperm damage and also have too little chromosomes. Furthermore, if you do not want an egg to get fertilized by an abnormal sperm and follow birth defect, such as miscarriage, then start boosting the kidney beans amount to your diet. Rendering health to the sperms, it will avoid any risk of birth defect.
This is the very last tip on how to improve sperm motility fast and naturally yet not the least one, so you should not skip it!
According to the thorough research, the lack of walnut in boosting sperm count came to be known. By boosting the morphology and motility of male, walnut can greatly help to reduce the issues prevailing with chromosomes. All credit goes to the arginine in walnut that can help to boost the sperm production. Consume approximately 75 grams of walnut on a daily basis within about three months or until you achieve the best results as desired.
By applying these natural tips at home as introduced and guided in this article can help you resolve all signs and symptoms of your own sperm reduction situation.
Therefore, if you are suffering from this embarrassing and secret issue, do not hesitate to apply any of these remedies and then tell us if they worked for you. If you know other home remedies that can help to cure this issue, feel free to share your experience by leaving your comments below.