Scar tissue is known as a common beauty problem for many people. Scar tissue is the tissue replacing normal skin when it has been damaged. It can occur for a few reasons like minor cuts, burns, acne, scrapes, bites, a fungal infection or surgery. Scar tissue does not cause any pain, but it can cause lack of confidence for many; therefore, many people are looking for many natural ways to get rid of it.
- 19 Ways On How To Use Avocado For Acne Skin And Scars/ 10 Homemade Mud Masks For Acne Scars You Must Try
List Of 28Simple Ways On How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue On Face And Lip:
Having scar on face and lip is very common in both men and women. Fortunately, there are many natural treatments that can help you get rid of these scar tissues. And now, in this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the simple yet effective ways on how to get rid of scar tissue. So, if you are worried about the ugly scar tissues on your face and lip, you should keep both of your eyes on this interesting article and then try to apply one or more of these natural treatments.
I. Causes And Types Of Scars
Scarring occurs after an injury or inflammation. Besides, other triggering factors of scarring include genes, age, sex and ethnicity. It is advised to know what kind of scarring you have before finding to ways to get rid of it. There are 4 main types of scars:
- Keloid scars: They occur due to excessive deposits of collagen. They can vary from pink or red to dark brown. Keloid scars can be caused due to skin burns, chicken pox, acne, scratches, ear piercing, and surgical cuts.
- Hypertrophic scars: They are often pink or red in color, and itchy.
- Contracture scars: They can tighten the skin because they are the result of burning on the skin.
- Acne scars: They can occur on most anyone. When acne breakouts occur, they will damage the skin as well as the skin tissue beneath it, increasing the risk of scar formation.
Read on How To Get Rid Of Keloid Scars On Skin And On Face – 13 Tips to discover some of the best tips that can help you treat keloid scars on face and on skin.
The scar is considered as the final phase of the wound-healing process. Generally, this process takes place in the following 3 phases:
- Inflammatory phase: It is the common body’s response to the tissue damage. It may last from 3- 5 days. In this phase, the dead tissue and contaminants are removed.
- Proliferative phase:In this phase, cytokines as well as growth factors secreted during the first phase will boost up the process of proliferation. It starts from the 3rdday of the injury and then continues in 3rd -6th This phase takes place with the granulation tissue formation.
- Remodeling phase: The second phase is replaced by the process of scar healing. The formation of scar can last from 6-12 months.
List of Top 25 Natural Homemade Face Masks For Acne Scars will show you some of the natural face masks for scars caused by acne breakouts, so check it out!
II. How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue On Face
To get rid of scar tissue, there are lots of different ways for you to choose from. However, at first, you should try some natural remedies over a period of time to minimize scar tissue. Just remember that results can be various from person to person, and that may depend on the severity and depth of your skin problem.
1. Aloe Vera
This should be the first way on how to get rid of scar tissue on face that we want to mention in this article. Aloe vera can be used to boost up the regeneration of skin tissue and reduce the size of your scars. It contains moisturizing and soothing properties,which can help enhance the elasticity of scar tissue and simultaneously reduce inflammation.
- Firstly, cut a fresh aloe vera leaf and then take out the gel.
- Apply this gel on your scar tissues
- Gently massage for a few minutes.
- Let it sit on until it dries on its own before washing it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this processa few times per day within1-2 months.
To know some of the best tips that can help youremove pimple scars from facial skin, read onHow To Remove Pimple Scars From Face Fast – 10 Tips
2. How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is another great way for dealing with scar tissue. This is because lemon contains alpha hydroxy acids, which help regenerate new skin cells, remove dead skin cells and simultaneously repair damaged skin. Moreover, lemon can work as a natural bleach that help lighten blemishes and scars.
- Firstly, apply some fresh lemon juice onto your affected skin areas.
- Let it sit on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off and patting it dry.
- Finally, apply a layer of your moisturizer
- Repeat this home remedy twice per day for a few weeks until your scars are faded completely.
- Note: Using lemon juice can make the skin sensitive to light; therefore, you should remember to wear sunscreen before being out in the sun.
Honey is known as a natural moisturizer, so you can use it for dealing with scar tissue. Studies found that honey can help boost up the regeneration of skin tissuesand simultaneously prevent dead skin buildup and excess collagen growth. Now, to use honey for scar tissue removal, you can use either of the following methods:
- Apply some raw honey on your affected kin areas
- Then, gently massage for about 10 minutes.
- Let it sit on for about 60 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this home remedy twice per day for a few weeks.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of raw honey and 1 tbsp. of baking soda to create a paste.
- Then, apply this paste on your affected kin areas
- Gently massage for about 2-3 minutes before placing a hot washcloth over your skin area.
- When this washcloth cools down, wipe it off.
- Repeat this home remedy 3- 4 times per week for several months.
If you want to knowsome of the best ways of using honey for skin and hair health, read on31 Ways To Use Honey To Get More Gorgeous Skin, Hair, And Nails That Work 100%
4. Tea Tree Oil
According to a study about acne scars home remedy , tea tree oil containspowerful skin-healing and scar-removing properties, so there is no wonder that many people use this essential oil to remove their scar tissue. However, since this oil is very powerful, it is very important for you to dilute it with some water before applying it onto your skin.
- Firstly, mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with1 tsp. of almond oil or olive oil.
- Then, apply this oil mixture onto your affected skin area
- Let it sit on for several hours before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this home remedy once per day for a few weeks.
- Add some tea tree oil to 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Then, use this solution to wash your affected skin areas twice per daywithin a few weeks.
- Simply, wash your affected skin areaswith soap that contains tea tree oil
- Repeat this remedy twice per day.
5. Lavender Oil
If you are unsure about how to get rid of scar tissue naturally, then you can take advantage of lavender oil. Studies found that lavender essential oil consists of skin- rejuvenating properties, so you can use this essential oil in order to deal with scar tissue. Besides, using lavender oil can help boost up the skin cell regeneration, hence helping reducing the appearance of scars. For the best results, reapply either of the following methods twice per day for a few weeks.
- Apply some lavender essential oil onto your affected skin areas.
- Then, gently massage it in circular motions for about 10-15 minutes until you feel that the oil absorbs deep into your skin.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and lavender oil
- Then, apply this oil mixture onto your affected skin areas
- Gently massage it for a few minutes.
Vitamin E is known as one of the most popular home remediesfor scar tissue. It contains powerful antioxidant and moisturizing properties, making it a great wayfor revitalizing and nourishing the skin. Moreover, using vitamin E can help boost up the formation of collagen, hence improving skin strength and texture. If you want to use vitamin E as a great way on how to get rid of scar tissue, you just need to use either of the following methods:
- Take out the liquids from a capsule of vitamin E
- Then, apply it onto your scar tissue
- Repeat this home remedy 2-3 times daily within a few weeks.
- Instead, you can apply vitamin E cream.
- Include more vitamin E- rich foods in your diet plan. Some great options for you are safflower oil, almonds, peanut butter and hazelnuts.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another great home remedy for scar tissue that you can try out is apple cider vinegar. According to a research about apple cider vinegar benefits , the acidic nature found in apple cider vinegar can help remove the dead skin cells and damaged skin, hence reducing the appearance of scars. Actually, this is known as one of the best ways on how to get rid of scar tissue that you should not look down, yet try to apply for good.
- Firstly, soak a cotton ball in some apple cider vinegar
- Then, apply this cotton ball on your affected skin areas.
- Let it sit on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with clean water.
- Finally, apply some moisturizing cream or lotion.
- Repeat this home remedy several times daily within several weeks
- Note: If using apple cider vinegar irritates your skin, you should dilute it with some clean water before applying to your skin.
8. How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue- Cocoa Butter
If you are looking for 100% certain way on how to get rid of scar tissue on lip and on face, then you should not skip cocoa butter, yet try to include this ingredient in your facial skincare routine. Using cocoa butter can also be effective in treating scar tissue. It is known as a natural moisturizing property that can absorb deep into your skin layers. Moreover, cocoa butter is also rich in vitamin E, which has been known for its ability to boost upthe regeneration of skin cells.
- Simply, rub your affected skin areas with a wet washcloth.
- Then, apply some pure cocoa butter into your affected skin areas and massage it in circular motions.
- Repeat this home remedy up to 3 times per day within a few weeks.
9. Sandalwood Powder
If you want to know how to get rid of scar tissue on face, you should try out sandalwood powder because it can be used for fading scar tissue. This is because sandalwood powder containslots of skin-regenerating agents that can help lighten your scars. Now, you just need to take the following steps:
- Firstly, mix 1 tbsp. of pure sandalwood powder with some rose water until you get a paste.
- Apply this paste onto your affected skin areas, ideally before going to bed.
- Let it sit on overnight and then rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
- Repeat this home remedy daily for 1-2 months.
10. Coconut Oil And Shea Butter
If you have experienced a cut, or burn, the first thing you should do is to keep the affected area moist and covered. Using raw coconut oil or shea butter can be great options for you to keep it moist. The omega-3s and powerful antioxidants found in both ingredients can help repair skin. Besides, both of these ingredients are also useful for nourishing the skin. Therefore, this methodcan help prevent a scar and reduce its appearance. Simply, you just need to apply some coconut oil or shea butter onto your affected skin areas. Let it sit on without needing to wash it off. Repeat this home remedy 2-3 times per day.
11. Onion Extract/Gel
Onion extract is known as another natural treatment for scar tissue because it consists ofa few unique bioflavonoids like kaempferol, quercetin, and cepalin. Simply, you just need to apply some onion extract or gel onto your affected skin areas and repeat this home remedy once per day. Studies found that onion extract gel is safe and actually helps improve the appearance of scars after four weeks of application.
There are some other effective ways on how to get rid of scar tissue in this article. So, you should consider applying one of these home remedies as soon as possible, especially if you want to remove scars from your face and lips with the help of natural ingredients.
12. Helichrysum Essential Oil
This sounds strange when it comes to learning how to get rid of scar tissue on face, but it actually does work. Using helichrysum essential oil is also another great option for reducing the appearance of scars thanks to its antibacterial and skin- healing properties. Working as a powerful antioxidant, this essential oil can help prevent damaged skinand boost up the skin regeneration. Simply, mix 5- 8 drops of helichrysum essential oil in any carrier oil of your choice. Then, apply this oil mixture on your affected skin areas. Finally, rinse it off after leaving it on for few minutes.
Raw potato is known as an effective way for you to remove scars. The antioxidants found in potato not only help kill off the acne, but it also remove dead skin cells, and fade the appearance of scars.
- Firstly, cut a raw potato into some round slices.
- Then, gently rub a slice of potato over your affected skin area in circular motions
- Keep on rubbing it on your skin until it dries out.
- Practice it for 20 minutes and then allow the potato juice to sit on for a few minutes
- Finally, wash it off with clean water
- Repeat this remedy 4 times per week for 2-3 months.
14. How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue- Emu Oil
Emu oil has been known for its ability to help kill off bacteria and relieve inflammation. According to a study about emu oil benefits , emu oil has high contents of omega-3, omega-6, omega-9 fatty acids, which can help give your skin a healthy glow. This is because emu oil can deeply penetrate and moisturize your skin. Therefore, it can be effective in treating inflammation, reducing the formation of scars and boosting up the skin’s healing process.
15. Lavender Essential Oil
This is worth mentioning in this list of effective ways on how to get rid of scar tissue due to its multiple benefits for skincare. This essential oil contains skin-rejuvenating properties, so you can use it to prevent scars by boosting up the skin cell regeneration. Simply, the only thing you need to do is to apply some lavender oil on your affected skin and then gently massage for about 10-15 minutes so that the oil can absorb into your skin deeply. Alternatively, you can mix equal amounts of lavender oil and olive oil and then apply this oil mixture on your affected skin areas for a couple of minutes.
Rich in vitamin A and antioxidants, tomatoes can be used to help reduce the appearance of scars, boost up the healing process as well as the skin cell regrowth.
- Firstly, cut a red ripe tomato into some thin slices.
- Crush these slices until you get a pulp
- Then, apply the tomato pulp to your affected area.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water
- Repeat this home remedy twice per week
17. Egg Whites
Egg whites are loaded with protein, so they are also effective in treating scar tissue by speeding up the process of healing. Simply, you just need to apply an egg white to your affected area with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it on overnight before washing it off the next morning.
Try cucumber in case you want to reduce the formation of your scars. Cucumber is packed with magnesium and essential vitamins, so it will hydrate the skin while improving skin texture. Simply, you just need to apply some cucumber slices to your affected skin area. Leave it on for half an hour before washing it off with cool water. Repeat this home remedy daily for the best results.
19. Coconut Oil
Another natural tip on how to get rid of scar tissue on face is using coconut oil. Actually, coconut oil contains vitamin E and fatty acids that helps to prevent the free radicals damage. Moreover, it helps boost up the collagen production. To use coconut oil for treating scar tissue, you just need to take the following steps:
- Slightly warm 1 tsp. of coconut oil.
- Then, apply it on your affected skin areas
- Gently massage it in circular motions until the coconut oil absorb deeply into your skin
- Leave it on for several minutes
- Reapply this process for a few times daily.
20. Try At-Home Microdermabrasion
You can buy a skincare kit that includes natural microdermabrasion. Actually, these kits are less intense than being resurfaced. So, if your scars are mild, or if you have sensitive skin, using these kits may be a great option for you. For best results, remember to follow the instructions labeled on the kit.
21. Wear Makeup
When it comes to learning how to get rid of scar tissue on face, wearing makeup is a temporary solution for scar removal. To reduce the appearance of scars, you can use water-based products because some oil-based products can cause acne and prevent the healing process. At first, clean and moisturize the facial skin. Then, apply primer and concealer to your scars. Finally, cover with light foundation until you are satisfied with the result. If you have acne-prone skin, you may want to use a sponge or brush for applying makeup. Remember to clean these tools at least twice a week. Besides, using proper concealer is very important for hiding the appearance of scar. Concealer that is too dark or light will only highlight your scars. If you cannot find the concealer that matches your facial skin, you can try mixing two shades of concealer.
22. How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue- Use Sunscreen
Protection from UV rays is very important for scar care and wound healing; therefore, you should include it in your daily skincare routine. You can choose a sunscreen with a SPF of at least 30, and wear a hat when being out in the sun. Keep in mind that proper sun protection can help reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation. Apply and gently massage sunscreen around your scar to prevent damage from sun exposure.
23. Silicone Gel Sheeting
Another great way on how to get rid of scar tissue on face is using silicone gel sheeting. This is a sticky pad that can help boost up the healing process. Also, it can make your scar tissues less red and painful.
Silicone gel sheeting can be effective in treating scar tissues. However, some patients who use this treatment can experience excessive sweating and difficulties. For example, people with scars on face, using silicone gel sheeting can be a bit unattractive. However, silicone gel is invisible when dry, so it could be useful and less embarrassing.
24. Other Natural Treatments
Apart from the natural treatments as we mentioned above, there are some simple ways that can help you get rid of scar tissue at home. They include:
- Crush 2 aspirins and then add some water to create a paste. Then, apply this paste ontoyour affected areas twice daily.
- Apply some white toothpaste to help treat scars
- Consume foods that are rich in zinc and beta-carotene
- Take vitamin C supplements regularly to boost up the healing process.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent skin dehydration.
- Regularly massage the affected skin areas in order to soften dead skin tissues and hence reducing the appearance of your scar.
III. How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue On Lip
Lips are an essential part of the body and also add color to our beauty. However, a scar on lips can affect a person’s beauty and self-esteem. Lip scar often occurs after a piercing, a deep cut, boils, or skin infection. More importantly, lips are delicate tissue, so you can find it difficult to treat scar on lip. Luckily, there are a few natural treatments that can help fade the scar on lips.
1. Consider Bio-Oil
In regard to learning how to get rid of scar tissue on lip, using bio-oil may be a great solution for you. It is well-known for its ability to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks in women. Especially, it is ideal for the lip tissues, which may dry out more quickly than other body’s parts.
2. How To Get Rid Of Scar Tissue- Olive Oil
Another natural way on how to get rid of scar tissue on lip is using olive oil, which is highly recommended for skin problems. According to a study about home remedies to remove scars , olive oilis beneficial in fading scar occurring after acne or cuts. Simply, apply few drops of olive oil to the affected areas on lips. Gently massage it for about 5-10 minutes. Repeat this remedy daily for few months until you achieve your desired result.
3. Lemon Juice And Honey
The combination of lemon juice and honey is known as another option for treating scar tissue on lips. You just need to mix 1 tsp. each of honey and lemon juice and then apply it over your affected lip. Leave it on for half an hour before washing it off with water. Repeat this home remedy within several weeks until your lip scar fades away.
4. Use Silicone Gel
This is the last one among great ways on how to get rid of scar tissue on lip that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to apply for good. Self-drying silicone gel can be used to treat both sunken and raised scars. Since silicone gel is transparent and it also dries out naturally, so you should apply it onto your scar and leave it on for the whole day.
In order to prevent a scar  after injuries, you need to do some things:
- Avoid removing the scar crust that is formed on the injury.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes that cover your affected skin areas.
- Keep the unhealed wound dry. Be careful while bathing and washing because wetting the wound can lead to scar formation
- Avoid pricking or scratching the scar tissue with the nails or other sharp tools.
- Avoid stretching the affected skin areas when performing any physical activities.
- Avoid letting the fresh scars expose to extreme temperatures.
These natural treatments may take time to provide you with your desired results, but they will be less harmful than surgical treatments. Moreover, these home remedies can help boost up the healing process.
Hope that some of these 28 methods as we mentioned above are helpful for your skin condition. If this article can help resolve your problem or you know other effective ways on how to get rid of scar tissue on lip and on face, remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment box below. We will try to reply as soon as possible. Also, if you want to know more simple yet effective health and beauty tricks, do not forget to visit our How To Page regularly.