Everyone desires to have smooth, supply and beautiful skin. However, environmental factors, stress, and unhealthy diet can make our skin dry and rough. Plus, some skin problems such as acne, wrinkles, blemishes, and enlarged pores also make our skin worse. Although there are a variety of skincare products that promise to give us clear, smooth and flawless skin, they may be costly and even some of them contain harsh ingredients, which can cause skin damage. Fortunately, by applying some of the simple tips, you can get smooth, beautiful and supple skin naturally.
- 22 Homemade Juices For Glowing Skin In A Week/ 44 Ways To Lighten Your Skin Naturally In 2 Weeks That Work For People At All Ages
List Of Natural Ways On How To Get Smooth Skin On Face And Body
There are a variety of natural ways that can help you smooth out your skin at the comfort of your own home. Now, in this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the best ways on how to get smooth skin naturally. So, if you want to get clear, flawless and beautiful skin, you should keep both of your eyes on this article.
I. Home Remedies For Getting Smooth Skin
Now, it is great time to discover some of the best home remedies for getting smooth skin. You can apply any of the following remedies without needing to worry about unwanted side effect.
This should be the first way on how to get smooth skin fast that we want to mention in this article. Fresh tomato can be used as a natural skin toner. Also, it can be effective in treating pimples and blemishes. To use tomatoes for smooth and soft skin, you can take the following steps:
- At first, puree some fresh tomatoes by using a grinder.
- Then, apply the tomato paste to your facial skin.
- Let it sit on for about 10 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Reapply this remedy daily to shrink enlarged pores.
- Also, use tomato paste to reduce pimples by applying it to your affected skin areas. Let it sit on for an hour before washing it off.
List of Top 10 Natural Homemade Face Packs For Pimples Removal will show you some of the natural face masks for pimple-prone skin, so check it out if you are struggling with this issue.
When it comes to natural ways on how to get smooth skin naturally, you should not skip out papaya. Papaya consists of a natural enzyme called papain, which has healing and antibacterial properties. Addition to this, the enzyme also helps you remove the damaged skin.
- Mash some ripe papaya and use it as a facial mask.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Also, mix a small amount of lemon juice with papaya juice and then apply it to your facial skin regularly to reduce brown spots caused by sun exposure.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains antibacterial properties, so it can be effective in fighting acne-causing bacteria. Also, it can be used for reducing blemishes and scars. However, some people may be allergic to tea tree oil and they may experience some unwanted side effects such as irritation and redness. Therefore, you should try it on the inner wrist area before you apply it to your facial skin.
- Apply some tea tree oil on your affected skin areas with a cotton swab every several hours.
- About one hour before you go to sleep, apply some vitamin E oil to your skin and let it sit on overnight.
Read on Top 25 Natural Homemade Face Masks For Acne Scars to discover some of the natural face packs that can help you reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Cucumber contains nourishing, hydrating and astringent properties, so it can help restore the skin’s natural pH level and protect your skin from bacteria as well as other contaminants. According to a study about cucumber and skin health , when you use cucumber face masks regularly, you can prevent blackheads, pimples, wrinkles as well as dry skin naturally.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of oatmeal, ½ pureed cucumber and a small amount of milk.
- Apply the cucumber mask to your facial skin
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Also, use cucumber as a natural cleanser. Simply, mix milk with cucumber juice and then use the mixture instead of your other cleansers.
To know some of the best treatments for pimple scars, read on How to Remove Pimple Scars from Face Fast – 10 Tips and then try to apply these treatments for good.
Honey is another great way on how to get smooth skin fast that we want to mention in this interesting article. To use honey for smooth and soft skin, you can apply any of the following methods:
- Apply some raw honey to your facial skin, and let it sit on for about 10 minutes
- After that, wash it off with cold water.
- Mix some honey with an egg white and then apply it to your facial skin
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with a mild soap and cold water.
- Mix 3 tsp. of honey with ½ tsp. of cinnamon powder to create a thick paste
- Then, apply it to your facial skin and let it sit on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse it off using warm water.
If you want to know some of the best ways that can help you lighten your skin at the comfort of your own home, read on Top 26 Best Tips On How To Lighten Skin At Home
Turmeric is a great herb that can be used for treating a variety of skin problems, including lightening blemishes and pigmentation. Therefore, if you are looking for effective ways on how to get smooth skin naturally, you can consider making use of turmeric.
Method 1: For flawless skin
- Mix 1 tbsp. of turmeric powder with some raw milk to create a paste.
- Then, apply this paste to your facial skin daily.
Method 2: For soft and hydrated skin:
- Mix 1 tsp. of turmeric, 2 tsp. of sandalwood powder and enough rose water to create a paste.
- Then, apply it on your facial skin.
- Leave it on until your skin dries completely and then rinse it off.
- Reapply this face mask once or twice per week.
7. Lemon Juice
According to a research about lemon juice on skin , lemon juice can help in cleansing your skin, soften and smooth your skin as well as lighten scars and dark spots. This is because this citrus-rich fruit consists of cleansing enzymes, which have been found to remove dead skin cells, thereby making your skin fresher and smoother. Addition to this, lemon juice contains astringent properties, so people with oily skin can use it as a great natural cleanser.
Method 1: For lightening acnes and dark spots:
- Apply some fresh lemon juice to your facial skin.
- Let it sit on for about 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Reapply this remedy daily or a few times a week.
Method 2: For smooth and soft skin:
- Mix one egg white with the juice from half a lemon.
- Then, apply the mixture to your facial skin.
- Let it sit on for about 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Reapply this remedy once or twice a week.
Mint leaves can be used to reduce blemishes and improve your skin complexion. Addition to this, mint consists of menthol that provides you with a cooling effect. To reduce pimples, you can apply some fresh mint juice on your facial skin daily before going to bed. Alternatively, you can take the following steps:
- Grind some mint leaves and mix it with 2 tbsp. of plain yogurt to create a paste.
- Then, apply it on your facial skin and let it sit on for about 15 minutes
- Finally, rinse it off with fresh water and reapply it a few times a week.
Actually, this is known as one of the best ways on how to get smooth skin on face that you should try applying for good, especially if you are looking for something cool and fresh.
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another great ingredient that can be added to a variety of beauty recipes to keep your skin smooth and clear. It can help in treating acne, lightening dark spots and blemishes as well as reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Simply, you just need to apply some fresh aloe vera gel on your facial skin and reapply it several times a week. Alternatively, you can use aloe vera to make your skin softer and smoother by following the instructions below:
- Mix 1 tbsp. of aloe vera gel, 1 tsp. of honey and 2 tsp. of lemon juice.
- After that, apply this mixture on your facial skin
- Leave it on for about 15- 20 minutes before rinsing it off with fresh water.
- Use this face pack a couple of times a week.
Now, continue to read the remaining of this interesting article to discover other great ways on how to get smooth skin on body that you can apply with ease at the comfort of your own home.
10. Green Tea
According to a study about green tea for acne , green tea contains antioxidant properties and essential nutrients that can help you fight against acne problems. Addition to this, green tea has been known as a beauty secret for years as it can help deal with wrinkles and sagging problem. As a result, green tea is an active ingredient used in a variety of skincare products, including toners, cleansers, moisturizers and serums. An easy way on how to get smooth skin fast is to drink green tea on a daily basis. Apart from being good for your skin, drinking green tea can help maintain a healthy body, manage your healthy weight, control your blood sugar level and reduce the risk of getting obesity, cancers and heart disease. Therefore, it is recommended that you should drink 2-3 glasses of green tea on a daily basis for the optimum results.
Besides, you can use green tea face masks to improve your skin from the outside. These face masks can help you remove the toxin from your skin, reduce the blemishes and soothe your skin complexion. Some studies found that green tea consists of catechins, which can help deal with acne problems. Moreover, green tea contains anti-inflammatory properties, so it can help reduce the skin inflammation and redness.
Method 1: Hydrating Green Tea Face Mask
- Mix 1 tsp. of green tea powder with an egg white and 1 tsp. of pure honey to get a paste
- Then, apply this paste on the skin and let it sit on for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water before applying the moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and soft.
Method 2: Anti-Aging Green Tea Face Mask
- Mix 1 tbsp. of green tea powder with 3 tbsp. of full fat yogurt to create a paste.
- Then, apply this paste onto your skin and leave it on for about 20 minutes
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
Method 3: Green Tea Facial Scrub
- Mix 1 tsp. of dried green tea leaves with enough honey to get a thick paste.
- Then, apply this paste on your facial skin and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- At the same time, use your fingers to gently massage your facial skin in circular motions.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
Method 4: Green Tea Facial Steam
- Place 1/8 cup of green tea, ¼ cup of dried lemon balm and 2 tbsp. of dried peppermint in a bowl.
- Then, boil water over this mixture. Remember to cover it with a clean towel when boiling.
- Place this bowl on the table and hold your facial skin over the bowl.
- After that, cover the bowl and your head with a large towel.
- Close your eyes while trying to inhale deeply.
- Try to steam for about 10 minutes until this mixture becomes cool.
Method 5: Green Tea Toner
- Mix 1 tsp. of peppermint leaves and 5 tsp. of green tea leaves.
- Then, place them into a bowl of hot water and then steep it for about 10 minutes.
- Next, strain the water and wait until it cools down.
- Pour this water into a small glass container.
- When using, apply this homemade toner on your facial skin with a cotton pad
- Alternatively, pour this water into a spray bottle.
- Use this green tea toner 2- 3 times a day for the best result.
II. How To Get Smooth Skin – Diet And Skincare Routines
Apart from applying any of the home remedies for getting smooth skin above, you should try to apply the following diet and skincare tips to help make your skin smoother and more beautiful. Look at the following diet tips and skincare routines and find out how you can depend on to achieve smooth skin naturally at home:
1. Wash Your Face Twice A Day
Keeping your face clean is a simple way to help make your face free of pimples and other problems because it can help remove the dirt and excessive oil from your face. For the best results, you should wash your face twice a day, in the morning, at night and whenever your face is sweaty. Also, you should opt for a cleanser containing natural ingredients to ensure that they do not damage your facial skin.
- At first, wet your face with warm water.
- Then, apply a small amount of commercial or homemade cleanser to your hands and then use your fingers to massage it into your facial skin.
- Remember to close your eyes to ensure that the cleanser does not get into your eyes.
- After that, wash off your face with warm water
- Finally, use a cotton washcloth to dry out your face. Avoid scrubbing as this can cause skin irritation.
- Reapply this remedy a few times to make sure that you completely clean off the cleanser.
- Note: Avoid using rough loofahs because they are too harsh for the skin and can result in blemishes and skin irritation.
2. Remove The Makeup Before Sleeping
If you want to know how to get smooth skin naturally, removing the makeup before sleeping is very important. If you wear a makeup, remember to remove it before going to bed. You can use a makeup removal oil or cream and then use a cotton pad to gently remove all the makeup from your facial skin. For your lips and eyes, you need to use a special makeup removal. Besides, you should not use makeup removal wipes since they may be harsh to your skin’s surface.
3. Exfoliate The Skin Once A Week
Another great way on how to get smooth skin on body is exfoliating. To have smooth, fresh and beautiful skin, you should exfoliate your skin once a week. To avoid causing irritation, you should choose an exfoliating product that has no more than 10% glycolic acid. Also, you should avoid exfoliating if you have warts, and herpes simplex because this could result in an infection.
4. Use Toner
Another great way on how to get smooth skin fast is using toner, which is highly recommended for those with dry skin. According to a study about homemade facial toners for clean skin , toner can help tighten your skin, and remove the dirt and excessive oil from your skin pores. For the best results, you should use an alcohol-free toner for your skin. This is because alcohol present in the toner can cause skin breakouts and worsen your acne problems. Also, you should opt for the toner that is proper for your skin type.
5. Apply Moisturizer
Keeping your facial skin moisturized is also a great way to help smooth out your skin naturally. Moisturizer can help balance out the moisture of your skin and simultaneously prevent excessive oil production. After following your cleansing routine, you can apply a layer of moisturizer onto your face. The important thing for you to pay attention to is that you should choose a moisturizer that works well on your skin type. For example, if you get dry skin, you should choose a moisturizer that is formulated for dry skin. If you get oily skin, then you should opt for an oil-free moisturizer. If your skin have acne and pimples, the moisturizer containing acne-fighting ingredients is the perfect option for you.
6. Never Pick The Pimples
If you are struggling with the pimples and acne, remember to not pick these pimples. Actually, picking these pimples will only worsen your skin problems. Also, it can cause skin inflammation and irritation. Picking the pimples will be able to cause blemishes in the inner and outer skin layers. Once these blemishes develop, you can find very difficult to heal them. Therefore, you have to avoid this bad habit. Also, remember to keep your hands from touching your affected skin areas to help change the pimple- picking habit.
7. Follow A Healthy Diet
A diet plan rich in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains is good for both your skin and your body. Therefore, following a healthy diet should be known as one of the best ways on how to get smooth skin fast. Researchers suggest that you should consume healthy foods which can offer you the right energy. Your diets should contain a variety of proteins, vegetables, and grains and have less refined carbohydrates and sugar.
Besides, diets rich in saturated fat and hormones could make your skin condition worse. However, you do not need to remove all of the foods with saturated fat and hormones from your diet completely. Just concern what you take in your body and do not let these foods play the big part in your daily diet. Foods on how to get smooth skin naturally that you should consume more are nuts and foods that are rich in healthy fat. Addition to this, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E and vitamin A found in avocados, seeds, nuts, and salmons are also good for your skin.
8. Avoid Washing Your Face With Hand Soap
If you want to know how to get smooth skin on face, you should avoid using hand soap on your face. This is because these products contain highly strong chemicals that can damage your facial skin. Hand soap is often used to clean the thick skin, so washing your face with hand soap can burn your skin and even leave some more serious skin damages.
When it comes to effective ways on how to get smooth skin on body at home, you should not ignore the effects of exercising. Regular exercise can help reduce stress and depression, balance out your blood flow and ensure good night sleep. Addition to this, exercise can help remove the toxin, harmful radical and wastes from the body through sweating. As a result, your body will become healthier and simultaneously your skin will become smooth and fresh. However, before workout, you should eat some healthy foods that are rich in protein to control your blood sugar.
10. Have Good Sleep
The fact is that nothing is better than good sleeps when it comes to getting smooth skin and improving the skin tone. This is because when you do not have enough sleep, your body will release more of the stress hormone called cortisol and then this hormone can which can hamper the production of collagen. Therefore, it is recommended that you should sleep enough eight hours per day. In case you have problems with your sleep, the following tips and techniques can be helpful:
- Turn off all the lights, computers and televisions before going to bed
- Use the eye mask in case your room is not enough dark.
- Avoid eating heavily before sleeping
- Drink some hot milk before going to bed
- Take the warm bath with some drops of essential oil.
- When you find difficult to sleep, get up and do something such as doing housework or reading a book.
- Wash your pillow once a week.
- Use a headband to keep your hair from the face.
- Reduce stress by applying some simple techniques such as yoga, taking deep breath, meditation, etc.
11. Drink Enough Water
Water plays a vital part in your skin and your overall health. It has been found that water dehydration can make your skin look dry, unhealthy and dull. Also, dehydration can boost up the aging process, clog the skin pores and cause acne problem. When you drink plenty of water, your skin will become plumper and more beautiful. Drinking water helps remove the toxin, waste and free radicals from your body, making all the body’s organs function well.
Although it is said that you should drink 6- 8 glasses of water daily. But, the fact is that your required water amount depends on your age, your weight and your absorption. To drink enough water every day, you should have a bottle of water when going out. Besides, you should not consume too much salt in order to avoid dehydration. Also, you should not opt for the sugary, alcohol and carbonated beverages because they can make your skin worse. Instead, consume more of the fresh vegetable or fruits with high content of water.
There are some other great ways on how to get smooth skin on body in this article. So, keep reading this article and then try to apply one or more of these tips as soon as possible.
12. Get Enough Vitamins
Taking vitamins plays an important role in offering your skin the healthy, soft and smooth appearance. And now, we will show you top 5 essential vitamins that can help make your skin soft, smooth and beautiful. They include:
- Vitamin A: The fact is that this essential vitamin is found in a variety of skincare products. Taking vitamin A supplements or consuming vitamin A- rich foods can help make your skin look fresh. However, in some cases, taking vitamin A supplements can cause skin irritation; therefore, you should consult your doctor for the proper dosage.
- Vitamin B: It is considered as a great solution for your skin as it can help tone out your skin tone and fight against acne problems. As a result, you should consume vitamin B- rich foods such as fortified whole-grain cereals, baked foods, green leafy vegetables, green pea, nuts, milk, chicken, eggs, fish, potatoes, spinach, asparagus and lentils.
- Vitamin E: It can help fight against the harmful free radicals and keep your skin soft and smooth. Taking enough vitamin E  can make your skin smooth, moisturized and soft. You can consume vitamin E- rich foods such as salmon, tofu, nuts, seeds, spinach, sunflower avocados, broccoli, shellfish, fish and pumpkin. Otherwise, you can also take vitamin E supplement if you cannot get enough vitamin E through diet. Just remember that you should consult the doctor before taking vitamin E supplement to ensure that it will not cause unwanted side effects. Also, you can apply vitamin E taken from the capsule directly onto your skin if you want to know a great way on how to get smooth skin fast at home. Then, gently massage your skin before washing it off.
- Vitamin K: It is a great remedy that can help treat skin problems, including tightening the skin, reducing the wrinkles and slowing down the anti-aging process. You can take in enough vitamin K by consuming vitamin K-rich foods such as frozen kale, spinach, turnip greens, collards, spring onion, radicchio, celery, lettuce, cucumber, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, chili powder, asparagus, cayenne pepper, soybeans, dried fruits and olive oil. Also, you can decide to take vitamin K supplements.
- Vitamin C: Feeding yourself enough vitamin C is another great way on how to get smooth skin naturally at home. Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin C is often added to a variety of facial skincare You can consume more of the vitamin C- rich foods such as citrus fruits or take vitamin C supplements. Just keep in mind that before taking these supplements, you should consult your doctor for your proper dosage.
13. Try Medical Treatments For Acne Scars
This is the last but very important way on how to get smooth skin that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to consider performing for good. Acne scars can cause rough skin. Fortunately, there are some medical treatments that can help you deal with this skin problem. Some options for you include:
- Dermabrasion: It can be a great way to smoothen your rough skin caused by acne scars. It needs to use a rotating brush to smoothen your skin’s surface.
- Chemical peels: They can be used to remove dead skin cells and reduce acne scars.
- Soft tissue fillers: The doctor can inject fat into your pitted skin areas in order to smooth out the skin’s surface. Nonetheless, the results of this procedure are only temporary; therefore, you need to do this treatment regularly to maintain the results.
- Skin graft surgery: For severe scars, the doctor can graft a piece of skin onto your affected skin area. The results of this treatment are permanent, but it is more serious than other procedures.
- Light therapy and laser resurfacing: These procedures use lasers to smooth out the surface of your skin and simultaneously improve its appearance.
The home remedies as we mentioned above can help you get smooth and flawless skin from the inside. With a proper skin care routine and a little patience, you will achieve the soft, smooth and supple skin you desire.
After reading this article about natural ways on how to get smooth skin on body and on face, we hope that you can find the best solutions for your skin condition. Actually, all of the remedies as we mentioned above have been reported to be effective in dealing with skin problems and leaving your skin soft and smooth. Therefore, you do not need to worry when applying any of these remedies. Now, do let us know if this list can resolve your skin problems by leaving your comments in the comment box below.