Losing leg fat has been done successfully only when we follow a healthy diet and exercise routine. Eating right and getting in shape also means that you will be able to lose fat in other body’s parts. If you are trying to drop a few pounds in your legs, keep both of your eyes on this interesting article.
- Top 26 Best Home Remedies For Leg Pain And Swelling Relief / How To Get Rid Of Cramps In Leg And Hands – 15 Ways
Many women have fat in their thighs and want to get rid of them successfully. If you are in the same condition, this article may be helpful for you. Now, it is time to learn how to lose leg fat in a week that you can apply with ease. Most of the methods mentioned in this article of Healthy Guide could be carried out at the comfort of your own home. So, check out below!
I. How To Lose Leg Fat Through Diet And Exercise
There are some simple methods that can help you lose weight on your legs naturally and effectively. You can gain the best results when you combine a proper exercise regime with a healthy diet plan.
1. Exercises For Legs
This should be the first way on how to lose leg fat fast in a week that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to apply for good. When the body converts fat into energy, it will lose fat from all the body, not just in a specific area like legs. So, if you want to lose leg fat, you should work out your entire body. There are some types of exercise that can help you lose leg fat effectively. They include:
- Squats: There are some different squat exercises that you can do at home, but the basic idea for you is this: Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart. Then, lower your bottom down to the floor until the thighs are parallel with the floor. Keep this position at least 3 seconds before pushing up.
- Squats with an exercise ball: Keep the ball against the wall while your lower back is pressed against this ball. The ball can increase the intensity of this type of exercise.
- Lunges: Hold a dumbbell in each of your hand, then lunge the leg forward and raise the opposite knee an inch above the floor. After that, step back and repeat with the opposite leg before drawing it in so that it can tap the back of the right knee. Finally, extend your left leg out again. Repeat this process with the other leg.
- Step up: It is an effective exercise for your thigh muscles. You can use either stairs or a low height bench to do these exercises. Place your right foot in the middle of the bench or stair and step up while balancing the body on your right leg. You should place your left leg behind the body in order to stabilize the weight. Reapply this exercise with your left leg.
Read on How To Maintain A Healthy Weight Without Harsh Dieting to discover some of the best techniques that can help you maintain a healthy weight without needing to have a harsh diet.
2. Cardiovascular Exercises
Cardiovascular exercises such as dancing, cycling and swimming are very effective for reducing leg fat and toning the legs. These physical activities help you trim the extra pounds from your body and the leg area. You can also do cardiovascular exercises at the comfort of your own home such as climbing the stairs, or skipping a rope. Also, cardiovascular exercises are helpful for those with joint or bone condition.
List of Top 14 Best Foods For Bones Growth And Strength will show you some of the healthy foods that you should consume more in order to improve your bone growth and strength, so check it out!
3. How To Lose Leg Fat – Swimming
Swimming is an exercise that needs the combination of large muscle groups. Holding breath under the water helps improve cardiovascular health while your kicking motion helps tone your leg muscles. Besides, you can perform exercises in a swimming pool in order to maximize your fat burning process. Stand in a swimming pool and then alternate raising each of your legs as high as possible. Then, lowering your legs also help you burn calories. Reapply this exercise regularly to help cause a burning sensation in your legs.
To know some of the healthy foods that can help you build muscles naturally, read on Top 15 Foods To Build Muscles Fast And Naturally At Home
4. Walking And Running
When it comes to best ways on how to lose leg fat in a week, you should consider running or going for a walk. If you do not have time to go to the gym, you can lose your leg fat and tone your legs with a regular walk. Besides, you can make a routine to run every day. According to a study , running is known as one of the best workouts when all of your muscles have to get active.
You can consider yoga to reduce fat in your thighs, as well as increase strength and flexibility. A yoga pose for you is the Sun Salutation. It will help tone your entire body and reduce the fat, including your thighs. For the best result, practice it twice a day. Some other yoga poses for you are Cobbler’s pose, Bridge pose, Chair pose and Warrior 3 pose. If you have any questions about the postures, consult a yoga practitioner.
If you want to know some of the best yoga poses for pregnant women during pregnancy, read on 10 Best And Simple Pregnancy Yoga Poses For Pregnant Women
6. Drink Plenty Of Water
When you are trying to lose leg fat, try to hydrate yourself. Water can help remove wastes, harmful toxins from the body, as well as carry essential nutrients to cells. Doctors recommend that we should drink about 1.9l of fluid per day.
Green tea is a great source of antioxidants, which help protect your body’s cells from harmful free radicals. More importantly, tea only contains 1-2 calories per liter, so you do not need to worry about regular consumption of green tea. You can drink a glass of water or a cup of tea right before having meals. This can trick your body that it is fuller than it actually is, thereby decreasing your cravings and making you eat less during meals.
However, you should avoid energy drinks, soda, and concentrated juices because they will make weight loss more difficult. All of these drinks have high content of sugar and empty calories, and therefore, they can negate your fat loss.
7. Follow A Low-Carbohydrate Diet
As we know that the body controls sugar level by producing insulin and a diet rich in carbs can stimulate the body to release insulin. When you want to reduce your intake of carbs, you can try having a low-carb diet and here are some things you need to pay attention to:
- Unprocessed meats such as lamb, beef, pork, turkey and chicken.
- Low-carbohydrate veggies and leafy greens.
- Unprocessed fish such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, and trout.
- Full-fat goat, cow or sheep’s milk cheeses.
- Artificial non-sugar sweeteners.
8. How To Lose Leg Fat – Eat Healthy
To eat healthy, it is not necessary to go on a diet. Simply, watch what you eat to get fit. Consider what type of foods from each food group that you should consume. Try to eat balanced meals every day.
- Carbohydrates: Your body can absorb complex carbs more slowly. They include whole-wheat products, oats and brown rice.
- Protein: When you want to get your protein intake, opt for lean meat include poultry and fish. Other great sources of good protein are nuts, beans, and soy products.
- Healthy fats: According to a research about how to choose healthy fats , omega-3s and monounsaturated fats can help you reduce your cholesterol naturally. You can find healthy fats in olive oil, nuts, seed oil, and fish. Meanwhile, trans and saturated fats can make your thighs larger and they include processed foods, cakes, candies, etc.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: Look for super-foods such as blueberries, kale, and Swiss chard.
- Dairy products: Try to opt for low-fat dairy products. You should eat yogurt because it contains bacteria that are good for your digestion. Dairy products are also rich in protein and calcium.
9. Follow A Low-Calorie Diet
Keep in mind that you will lose fat when you burn more calories than those you take in. The low-calorie diet means that reducing your daily intake to about 1,200- 1,500 calories for women. It is advised that you should lose no more than 2 pounds weekly.
- Limit your intake of fat to 30- 60g per day, accounting for about 20- 35% of your total daily intake of calories.
- Aim to eat about 55- 95g of low-fat protein found in fish, meat, and poultry per day, accounting for about 15- 25% of your total daily intake of calorie.
- Aim to eat about 170- 240g of complex carbohydrates such as vegetables, whole grains, and fruits per day, accounting for 45- 65% of your total daily intake of calories.
Actually, following a low-calorie diet is a great way on how to lose leg fat in a week that you should give it a try, especially if you want to lose the extra pounds in your legs as well as your other body’s parts.
10. Play A Sport
This is another great way on how to lose leg fat fast in a week that you should try out. As we know that joining in a recreational league or simply playing with your friends can help you burn calories. If you are not a fan of sports but still want to join in a group, you can consider building up a workout group with some of your friends. Set a schedule weekly and then help every member stick to it. Also, you can get exercise videos and do them with your friends at the comfort of your own home. Just ensure that you keep each other on track.
11. Have Enough Sleep
In order to lose extra pounds, you need to ensure that you are getting enough sleep. With your workout, you should feel exhausted and need to take a rest. Studies found that when your body does not have enough sleep, it will release a hormone called ghrelin and simultaneously reduce the level of hormone called leptin. This means that your body will have a bigger appetite and there will not be many signals of fullness that your brain sends to your body. People with sleep apnea are also more likely to be overweight.
There are other effective tips on how to lose leg fat fast in a week that we want to introduce in this interesting article. So, you should keep both of your eyes on the remaining of this article right now.
12. Fuel Your Day
A tip for you when it comes to how to lose leg fat in a week is that you should not skip the first meal of the day because it will jumpstart your metabolism, thereby helping reduce your overall body fat. You should also pass on refined carbs, and instead, opt for foods with fiber-filled complex carbs and protein, which will help build muscles and give you energy for your early-morning cardio workout. Meanwhile, the carbs will help keep you feeling full for longer.
13. Drink Before Eating
Another great tip on how to lose leg fat fast in a week is to drink a glass of water before having a big meal. This trick will help your body feel full for longer and help minimize your cravings, thereby, reducing your calorie intake. Keep in mind that if you want to reduce your leg fat in a week, you need to use many tricks to help you keep your goal on track.
14. How To Lose Leg Fat – Eat Dinner Early
Eating dinner early is another great way on how to lose leg fat in a week that you should know and then try to apply as soon as possible. Eating dinner right before you go to sleep can convert the foods into fat directly. Therefore, you should plan to have dinner at least 3 hours before going to sleep. Early dinner also helps you have good night’s sleep.
II. Foods For Losing Leg Fat Naturally And Fast
Eating the right kind of foods is very important when you want to lose your leg fat. A woman’s thighs are problematic areas because they are easy places to store fat. Now, we will show you some of the best fat- burning foods for legs that will support you to trim excess fat off your inner and outer leg area.
Nuts are known as powerful fat- burning foods, making it one of the best foods on how to lose leg fat fast within a week that you should try out. When you feel hungry and want to find something healthy to snack on, you can consider eating cashews, peanuts, pistachios, almonds and walnuts. All of these foods are very healthy for your legs and they also support your leg fat loss. Addition to this, these kinds of nuts are packed with protein that will help you build muscles and increase your metabolism.
2. Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a great food that you should include in your diet if you want to lose fat leg fat. It is very filling and can replace the desire for sweets with ease. Moreover, it is loaded with protein, so it will offer you enough energy for your all-day workout. You can eat low peanut butter with toasted wheat bread.
3. Dairy Products
To lose leg fat fast, you need to stick to low- fat dairy products such as Greek yogurt, skimmed milk, and hard cheese. Especially, yogurt has good bacteria that can help with your digestion. Actually, consuming dairy products is known as a great way on how to lose leg fat fast that you should know and then try to consume for good.
4. How To Lose Leg Fat – Grapefruit
Grapefruit is one of the best fat- burning foods for your legs. According to a study about health benefits of grapefruit , this fruit offers a lot of benefits for human health and it is the reason why many people drink grapefruit juice instead of drinking water and juice. Apart from helping with fat- burning process, grapefruit also helps reduce your insulin, regulate the blood sugar levels and improve your metabolism.
5. Whole Grains
If you are looking for a specific food on how to lose leg fat in a week, you can try consuming whole grains. Generally, whole grains are packed with fiber, which helps to keep your body full for longer and simultaneously stop your cravings for snacking. Some good sources of fiber include tempeh, oatmeal, quinoa, Ezekiel bread and brown rice.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to know how to lose leg fat fast in a week by using at-home ingredient, try using apple cider vinegar right from today. Apple cider vinegar helps with your fat-burning process and prevents the buildup of body fat. It contains minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium, so it helps prevent water retention and flush out toxins. To use apple cider vinegar for losing leg fat, you can try any of the following methods:
- Mix unfiltered apple cider vinegar and olive oil or coconut oil in a ratio 3:1.
- Use this mixture to massage your thighs for about 10 minutes.
- Allow it to sit on for half an hour before rinsing it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day.
- Mix 2 tsp. of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with a small amount of honey in a cup of water.
- Drink it daily in the morning before having breakfast.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is helpful for losing extra fat from your thighs. The fatty acids found in coconut oil can be absorbed directly into your cell membranes and they will be immediately converted into energy in lieu of being stored as body fat. Additionally, coconut oil can help improve your metabolism and reduce your cravings. To use coconut oil for fat loss, massage your legs with warm coconut oil for about 10 minutes and repeat this remedy twice a day. Also, use this oil for your cooking.
8. Sea Salt
Sea salt will help you tighten the skin around your thighs because it is loaded with minerals, which help keep your body hydrated and reduce excess fat. To use sea salt for fat burning, you can take a detox bath at home.
- Add 2 cups of sea salt to a tub of warm water
- Then, add 6- 8 drops of any of your favorite essential oil.
- Soak your body in this water for about 10- 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process several times a week
9. How To Lose Leg Fat – Fish
For any weight-loss efforts, adding fish such as salmon, tuna and other fish types to your diet will help you achieve your goal. Basically, lean protein found in fish can make you feel fuller for longer, thereby making you to eat less calories.
10. Coffee Grounds
Another natural way on how to lose leg fat fast is to use coffee grounds, which is highly recommended for weight loss. Coffee contains antioxidants, which help tighten the skin and muscles in your leg area. Also, it helps promote circulation and reduces the fat accumulation. Now, you can follow the instruction below if you want to lose the extra pounds from your legs:
- Take 1 tbsp. of leftover coffee grounds after brewing it.
- Then, add some honey to the coffee grounds until you create a thick paste-like consistency.
- Next, apply it on your legs before taking a bath
- Let it dry out naturally before scrubbing it off with your wet hands
- Finally, rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy 2- 3 times a week.
11. Sweet Potatoes
To lose extra pounds in your thighs, you should add a medium- sized sweet potato to each of your meal. According to a research about sweet potato nutrition , sweet potatoes are low on the GI, so they will not make the hormone level up, thereby reducing the fat accumulation in your thighs.
Do you want to know other effective ways on how to lose leg fat in a week? If your answer is “yes”, keep reading this interesting article and then try to apply one or more of these ways for good.
12. How To Lose Leg Fat – Eggs
If you want to lose extra pounds on your body, you should incorporate eggs in your diet by sometimes having eggs during your meals. Consuming eggs will help improve your muscles and burn a lot of fat. Actually, one of the best ways on how to lose leg fat fast that has been used by many people is to consume eggs.
13. Cayenne Pepper
This is the last but very important way on how to lose leg fat fast in a week that we want to mention in this article. Cayenne pepper can help you reduce the accumulated fat on your thighs and simultaneously tone your muscles up. Besides, it helps improve your metabolism  and flush toxins out of your body.
- Add 1 tsp. each of grated ginger and cayenne pepper powder along with the juice taken from a lemon to a cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix them well and then drink it twice daily.
- Also, add cayenne pepper to your dishes.
After reading this article about effective tips on how to lose leg fat in a week, we hope that all of my readers can find the best ways that can help cut few pounds of fat from your legs. All of these methods mentioned above are proven by many people, so you do not hesitate to apply any of these methods right from today.
If you think that this list is helpful for you and can also help other people around you who are worried about the excess pounds stored in their legs, feel free to share this list with them as soon as possible. Also, if you have any contributing ideas about this topic, remember to leave them in the comment box below. Also, if you want to know more about tips and tricks related to beauty and health, remember to visit our How to main page.