Cavities and tooth decay are among the world’s most common oral health issues in the whole world. These issues are most often seen in teenagers, children, and older adults. Nevertheless, anyone can be attacked by tooth decay. Thus, learning how to stop
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you a few great ways on how to stop tooth decay at gum line fast and naturally that you can apply at the comfort of your own home to achieve the best results as desired.
- 38 Tips How to Get Rid of a Toothache Pain Naturally at Home/ 20 Best Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Infection Pain and Swelling
Dental cavities, also referred to as caries, are holes in the teeth triggered by tooth decay. Decay often happens due to a bacterial infection that leads to the destruction and the demineralization of the hard tissues in the teeth.
The symptoms and signs of cavities vary, depending on the severity and the type of the issue. Some common signs include tooth sensitivity, toothache, mild to sharp pain when drinking or eating, visible pits or holes in the affected tooth, and white, brown, or black stains on the tooth’s surface.
Certain trigger factors can increase the risks of getting cavities, including foods that cling to the teeth for a long period of time, frequent sipping or snacking, not getting enough fluoride, poor oral hygiene, dental devices, worn fillings, or dry mouth. Consuming disorders like bulimia and anorexia can also contribute to serious dental issues due to repeated purging.
If cavities are not cured, they can cause severe tooth infection, toothache, and even tooth loss. Some of the tips on how to stop tooth decay and cavities are root canals, crowns, and fillings.
The first step to prevent cavities and stop existing cavities from becoming worse is to take good care of your teeth. You should brush your teeth for at least two minutes two times per day, before bedtime and in the morning. Floss one time per day and also clean your tongue every day.
II. Quick Tips
Before learning how to stop tooth decay at gum line in adults, toddlers, and babies naturally at home, check out here for some very quick and easy tips that can help and provide fast relief from your tooth pain. With these suggestions and remedies, you can prevent cavities naturally and can always proudly show off your healthy smile.
- Consume cheese every day to obtain relief from the cavities issue, according to a study .
- Take a vitamin D supplement.
- Consume high fiber food items to help in increasing the saliva production within your mouth, which can help to serve as a natural protector for the teeth.
- Ensure that you will eat food items rich in vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin K, as well as enough magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and other key minerals.
- Consuming cranberry juice on a regular basis can also help a lot in improving oral hygiene, according to a research .
- Consume an ample amount of water all over the day. Water does not only help in clearing away bacteria, but is also crucial for the saliva production.
- Chew sugar-free gum to enhance the saliva production and make your teeth strong.
- After consuming any kind of acidic beverage, brush your teeth and rinse your teeth using warm water thoroughly.
- Consume black and green tea for reducing the growth of bacteria and reducing plaque build-up in your mouth, according to a research 
- Avoid drinks and foods with refined sugar as they can form plaque.
- Wash your mouth off using warm water after eating every drink or snack.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash on a regular basis. This can help a lot in removing plaque, killing bacteria, and preventing gum disease.
III. Simple Tips On How To Stop Tooth Decay Pain
There are also some natural remedies that can help provide relief and maintain good oral health. Also, consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
This is the very first tip on how to stop tooth decay at gum line in toddlers, babies, and adults that we would like to introduce in the entire article today and encourage readers of Healthy Guide to make use at home as soon as possible for good!
In Ayurveda, turmeric is usually used to offer respite from cavity pain. It contains anti-inflammatory as well as properties that can aid a lot in keeping the gums healthy and preventing tooth decay triggered by the bacterial infection.
- The very first choice you can make use is to mix a little mustard oil with half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and use it to massage your gums and teeth. Let it stay still within about ten 10 minutes and then spit it out.
- Try using some turmeric powder to apply directly onto your infected teeth. Let it stay still for a few minutes and then wash well with warm water.
Repeat either of these natural treatments 1 – 2 times per day for at least a few days or until you see the condition disappeared.
According to a study  published in the American Chemical Society’s Journal of Natural Products, licorice root can aid a lot in keeping teeth healthy. There are 2 useful antibacterial compounds contained in dried licorice root –licorisoflavan A and licoricidin – that can aid a lot in preventing the development of cavity-causing bacteria. In addition, this herbal remedy can also help in reducing plaque. There are two tips on how to stop tooth decay in babies, toddlers, and adults that you can make use at home with the help of licorice:
- You can use a soft stick of licorice; for example, a toothbrush to brush your teeth every day.
- Brush your teeth with dried licorice root powder on a regular basis to see improvement as desired
Being abundant in antibiotic as well as antibacterial properties, garlic is usually recommended for cavities and tooth decay. It can also promote healthier teeth and gums as well as offer respite from pain. Follow these 2 tips on how to stop tooth decay in toddlers, babies, and adults with the support of garlic at home:
- Try rubbing garlic oil onto the infected tooth to get fast relief from pain due to a cavity.
- Create a paste from 3 – 4 crushed garlic cloves and 1/4 tsp. of rock salt. Apply it onto the affected tooth. Let it stay within about ten minutes before washing off using a mouthwash. Apply this method two times per day for a few weeks to relieve signs and symptoms cavities.
- Consuming raw garlic on a regular basis can also offer positive results.
4. Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is an age-old practice that can help to relieve bleeding gums, cavities, as well as bad breath. It can also help a lot in cleaning the mouth of harmful bacteria that are responsible for different types of dental issues. Follow these steps at home with the help of oil and you will see desired improvement. This is actually a useful tip on how to stop tooth decay at gum line naturally at home that we encourage readers to learn and make use as soon as possible:
- Put 1 tbsp. of sesame oil within your mouth.
- Swish it gently around within about twenty minutes.
- Spit it out. Avoid swallowing or gargling the oil.
- Wash your mouth out using warm water. Use salt water to get more antimicrobial advantages.
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- Do this on an empty stomach every day in the morning.
This can also work with coconut oil or sunflower.
Salt can also be made use to cure cavities thanks to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It can aid in relieving inflammation, easing pain, drawing out any infection, as well as preventing growth of bacteria in your mouth. There are two ways on how to stop tooth decay in adults, babies, and toddlers that you can make use at home using salt and some other easy to find natural ingredients:
- First, mix ½ tsp. of salt and some lemon juice or a little mustard oil to create a paste. Massage your gums gently using the paste for a few minutes, and then gargle using warm water. Repeat this method two times per day for a few days to kill bacteria.
- Alternatively, dissolve 1 tsp. of salt within a glass of warm water. Swish a mouthful of the liquid around in your mouth for about 60 seconds, focusing on the infected tooth. Follow this method three times per day till your signs subside.
Clove is one of the most crucial ingredients that you can make use to treat any kind of dental issue, such as cavities. Due to its antibacterial, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties, clove can aid a lot in alleviating pain and preventing the cavity from spreading.
- The very first option you can apply is to chew an entire clove to extract its oil gently. Then keep the clove under the tongue for several minutes.
- Alternatively, dilute two to three drops of clove oil with ¼ tsp. of sesame seed oil. Place a few drops of this liquid on a cotton ball and try dabbing the liquid onto your infected tooth. Repeat the method before your bed time every night.
Note: Do not use clove oil too frequently or in excess as it is best used just for temporary relief. Keep reading the article for more tips on how to stop tooth decay pain in babies, toddlers, and adults that we introduce in the article today. All of these treatments come from nature and are very easy to follow, so you should not concern anything about the possible side effects.
7. Indian Gooseberry
Another well-known herbal remedy that can aid in reducing cavities is Indian gooseberry, also called amla. Being very abundant in vitamin C and antioxidants, it can help to fight infections and combat bacteria.
It can help to promote development of connective tissue and healing that will also benefit the gums. In addition, it can help to clean the mouth and help a lot in getting rid of bad breath.
- Consume 1 fresh amla on a daily basis.
- You can also take ½ tsp. of dried amla powder along with half a glass of water every day.
- If powdered or fresh amla is not available, you should take a capsule. Consult your doctor first.
Keep reading the article for more useful tips on how to stop tooth decay in babies, toddlers, and adults that we would like to introduce in the entire article today and try to make use at home for good!
8. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem, is another popular remedy for treating cavities. Its antibacterial properties can easily destroy cavity-causing bacteria. Plus, it helps maintain healthy and strong teeth and gums.
- Rub the juice of neem leaves on the teeth and gums. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Follow this treatment once or twice daily.
- You can also use soft neem sticks to brush your teeth.
- You can even use toothpaste containing neem oil.
For more tips on how to stop tooth decay in adults, toddlers, and babies to apply at home, keep reading the article and we will help you deal with your own case naturally without having to spend too much time, money, and efforts. Let’s keep going on with Healthy Guide!
The natural antibacterial properties in wheatgrass can aid a lot in fighting cavities and tooth decay as well as relieve the pain caused by cavities.
In addition, wheatgrass is a very high source of vitamin A and vitamin E along with minerals; for example, magnesium, calcium, and iron which are essential for strong and healthy teeth.
- You can try chewing some wheatgrass thoroughly and slowly. This is considered a healthy exercise that can help a lot in strengthening teeth and gums naturally.
- Another choice you can try is mixing 1 part wheatgrass juice with 6 parts water. Swish it in your mouth for 60 seconds and spit it out. Follow this method two or three times per day.
- Consume half a glass of wheatgrass juice every day on an empty stomach as a measure that can help to protect the teeth and fight cavities.
This is the last tip on how to stop tooth decay in adults, babies, and toddlers that we would like to encourage readers of Healthy Guide to try making use at home to overcome the signs and symptoms of tooth decay.
According to a study  done at the Yonsei University in Korea, the anticariogenic properties of nutmeg extract can be made use to prevent tooth decay and cavities triggered by cariogenic oral bacteria. There are two ways you can try at home if you want to learn how to stop tooth decay in toddlers, babies, and adults at the comfort of your own home with the help of nutmeg:
- Just try grating some nutmeg and combine it with some clove oil or oregano  oil. Use the mixture to apply directly onto your affected teeth. Allow it to stay within about ten minutes and then wash your mouth using warm water. Repeat this method three to four times throughout the day at least.
- You can also try applying nutmeg oil directly onto your teeth with cotton swabs.
After reading this interesting article and applying some of the natural treatments above, we hope that you can make use of them to say goodbye to your current tooth decay issue instantly and effectively. Actually, all of these methods have been reported to help reduce the severity of the condition without causing any unwanted side effect. Therefore, you can try applying any of these ways at the comfort of your own home right now. For more useful information, check out the page How To on our site.