Everybody wants to show off a beautiful smile with bright white teeth. However, some people have to avoid exposing the beauty of smiling since they have white spots on teeth. Although these white spots are not visible right now, once you see these white spots, you need to take some immediate steps. This is because these white spots on teeth can cause tooth decay or deterioration.
List Of 34 Ways To Remove White Spots From The Teeth
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the best ways to remove white spots that you can apply with ease at home. So, if you have already had white spots on teeth and want to cure them with the help of natural ingredients, keep your eyes on this article right now.
I. What Causes White Spots On The Teeth
White spots on the teeth can be caused due to the loss of minerals from the teeth’s surface. There are a few different reasons for white spots on your teeth. And some of them include:
- Dry mouth: When the mouth is dry, it can help with the bacteria growth. This is because dry mouth can make the pH levels in the mouth imbalanced, causing the acids from the bacteria to attack the teeth.
- Consuming too many acidic foods: Acidic foods including lemons, sour candy and vinegar can work to remove the teeth’s enamel
- Consuming sugary drinks: Sugar can cause damages to your teeth’s enamel
- Poor oral hygiene: If you do not brush your teeth regularly, plaque can build up, causing white spots to form on your teeth.
- Braces: When you have braces, you can find hard to make your teeth clean. Apart from brushing around them, you need to use floss and toothpicks.
- Teeth whitening strips: They are highly acidic, so they can remove the teeth’s enamel.
- Fluorosis: When you ingest excessive amounts of fluoride, your teeth will develop white discoloration.
- Nutritional deficiencies: They can cause the teeth’s surface to be less mineralized, affect the formation and enamel.
- Celiac disease: It can affect the teeth’s enamel. Also, it goes along with other oral defects such as yellow teeth and undersized teeth.
List of 27 Best Home Remedies For Cold Sores On Lips And In Mouth will show you some of the best natural treatments for cold sores in mouth and on lips, so check it out!
II. Top 34 Ways To Remove White Spots From Your Teeth
There are some procedures that can help remove white spots from the teeth including microabrasion, porcelain veneers, bleaching, etc. However, all of these procedures are costly and may require several visits to the dentist. Therefore, you can consider removing white spots from your teeth with some simple treatments and lifestyle changes. Here are some easy ways to remove white sots from your teeth.
1. Eat Healthy Foods
Apart from avoiding some foods that are not good for your teeth, there are some foods you should consume more to help remove white spots from your teeth. These foods are loaded with minerals and vitamins that can help to build the teeth’s enamel back. Some healthy foods that you should include in your diet plan include:
- Raw dairy products
- Fish, meat and eggs
- Coconut oil and fish oil
- Magnesium- rich foods such as dark leafy greens, nuts, soybeans, and avocado.
Read on 19 Ways On How To Use Avocado For Acne Skin And Scars to discover some of best ways that can help you treat acne skin and scars with the help of avocado.
2. Green Tea Mouth Rinse
We may know that green tea is healthy for our health, including oral health. Actually, green tea can also help you remove white spots from your teeth by providing your teeth with essential nutrients required for demineralizing your teeth. Also, it will help to prevent the plaque buildup; therefore, it can prevent the formation of white spots on teeth.
Green tea is a great source of fluoride, making it a perfect mouth rinse to take place of your chemical- filled mouthwash. Here are the simple steps you need to take if you want to make the green tea mouth rinse:
- Soak a green tea teabag or 1 tsp. of green tea leaves in 1-2 cups of warm water. Let it steep for 5 minutes and remove the teabag.
- When the water is still warm, you swill it around the mouth for at least one minute before spitting out.
- Keep doing this remedy until there is no water in the cup.
- Repeat it about 2-4 times per day
- Note: If you drink green tea too much, it can stain the teeth gray.
To know how to make some homemade drinks from natural ingredients available in your kitchens, read on List Of 29 Best Easy Homemade Drinks To Make At Home
3. Use Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is a great technique that can help you maintain good oral hygiene. It helps remove the plaque buildup from your teeth and also prevent the formation of cavities, thereby reducing the risk of getting white spots on the teeth. For oil pulling, you can use extra-virgin coconut oil or other essential oils such as olive oil, oregano oil, mustard oil or peppermint essential oil.
- Place 1- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil in the mouth.
- Then, swish the oil around in for up to 20 minutes before spitting it out.
- Rinse the mouth and brush the teeth as normal.
- Repeat this remedy every morning when you have an empty stomach.
If you want to know some natural treatments for acne skin with the help of extra virgin olive oil, read on 19 Ways On How To Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Acne Skin
4. Basil Leaves And Mustard Oil
The basil leaves contain natural teeth- whitening properties that help to remove the white spots from your teeth. Also, these basil leaves provide a relief from bleeding gum issues and bad breath. The mixture of basil leaves and mustard oil can help to clean the teeth and also make them strong.
- Blend 4-5 basil leaves to get a fine paste.
- Then, add 1 tsp. of mustard oil to the paste
- Brush your teeth with this paste for about 2-3 minutes.
- After that, wash off the mouth with cold water
- Follow this remedy every morning to cure white spots on teeth.
5. White Vinegar Solution
This is another one among best ways to remove white spots that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to apply for good. White vinegar has acetic acids, which can help prevent the demineralization of the teeth’s enamel. Addition to this, white vinegar can help to reduce the plaque accumulation, so it can help to prevent the formation of white spots on your teeth. Plus, white vinegar can also kill off bacteria in the mouth, hence treating bad breath.
- Mix 1 tsp. of salt and 2 tsp. of white vinegar in ½ cup of lukewarm water
- Then, use this mixture to rinse the mouth
- Repeat this process twice a day until your white spots on teeth have gone.
6. Lemon Juice
Some ingredients found in over-the-counter products can cause more white spots on teeth. These products can contain bleach as well as other chemicals that weaken the teeth’s enamel. Fresh lemon juice is known as a natural kind of bleach, so it can help to whiten the teeth naturally. Also, lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which is important for maintaining healthy oral health
- Soak a cotton swab into fresh lemon juice and then apply it to your teeth for a few seconds.
- Alternatively, mix 3 tbsp. of lemon juice in a cup of lukewarm water and then use this solution to wash off the mouth
- Make sure that you stop any of these remedies if you have any pain or tooth sensitivity.
- Repeat this process 2- 3 times a day until you get your desired results.
7. Baking Soda
According to a study about baking soda and oral health , baking soda can be used for oral hygiene. It can treat bad breath and give your teeth a shiny look. Brushing your teeth with some baking soda can help to keep the teeth clean. But, remember that you have to dilute the baking soda before using it on your teeth to avoid causing irritation on your teeth.
- Place 1 tsp. of baking soda on a small plate.
- Wet your toothbrush with some water and then dip it in baking soda.
- Now, brush the teeth with the toothbrush for 2 minutes
- After that, rinse the mouth with water
- Repeat this process twice a week
8. Eggshell Toothpaste
When you are looking for ways to remove white spots from your teeth, you should consider making eggshell toothpaste. Actually, eggshells have a large amount of calcium, so the toothpaste made from eggshells can help you strengthen your teeth. A study found that a solution made from powdered chicken eggshell can help to demineralize the enamel.
- Boil, dry and then grind the shells from 10-12 eggs.
- Mix the powdered eggshell, 1-3 tbsp. of coconut oil and 1 tbsp. of baking soda in a small bowl
- Then, add several drops of peppermint essential oil to the bowl.
- Use this paste to brush the teeth on a daily basis as your regular toothpaste.
- You can store it in a jar and it should last for several months.
9. Baking Soda And Hydrogen Peroxide
When it comes to ways to remove white spots from your teeth, keep in mind that hydrogen peroxide contains whitening and bleaching properties and it can be helpful. So, when you combine baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, you can help to remove white spots from your teeth.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of hydrogen peroxide with 1 tbsp. of baking soda in a small bowl.
- Then, dip a wet toothbrush in the bowl and use it to brush your teeth for about 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off the mouth with lukewarm water.
- Apply this remedy twice a week if you want to get rid of white spots on your teeth.
10. Baking Soda And Strawberry
Baking soda is known as a natural whitening substance while the strawberry contains vitamin C, which aids to remove white spots from the teeth. Besides, the anti-oxidant properties found in strawberry can help to remove stains and cavities from your teeth.
- Mash 2- 3 ripe strawberries to get a smooth paste
- Mix 2 tsp. of baking soda in your strawberry paste.
- Brush your teeth with this paste for about 2-3 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this home remedy once a day for about 7 days.
11. Baking Soda, Peppermint Extract And Glycerin
This is also one of the best ways to remove white spots that we would like to reveal in the entire article today and encourage people to make use for good! Peppermint extract can help to prevent the plaque buildup on teeth and also fight off the bacteria causing tooth decay thanks to its antibacterial properties. Meanwhile, the glycerine can help to remove the teeth stains. In order to fix the white spots on teeth with this solution, take the following steps.
- Mix 4 tsp. of glycerin and 6 tsp. of baking soda in a small bowl
- Then, add 3- 4 drops of peppermint extract and ½ tsp. of salt to the bowl
- Mix all of these ingredients with a blender to form a uniform paste.
- Use your fingertips to gently brush the teeth with this paste for 3-4 minutes
- Repeat this remedy at least twice a week
12. Homemade Demineralizing Toothpaste
This is another one on the list of best ways to remove white spots that you should try making at home, especially if you have already had stains on teeth. You can make your own re-mineralized toothpaste to help build the enamel on the teeth and also make the teeth healthier. This toothpaste just has basic ingredients without chemicals.
- Mix 5 tbsp. of calcium powder, 2 tbsp. of baking soda, 3 tbsp. of Xylitol, and 1 tbsp. of Diatomaceous Earth in a small bowl
- Keep stirring it while you add 4 tbsp. of coconut oil and some mint essential oil to the bowl.
- Store this paste in a jar and then brush your teeth with it twice a day.
13. Homemade Demineralizing Tooth Powder
If you want to use powder to brush the teeth instead of paste, you can also consider making your own re-mineralized tooth powder. Actually, if you want to know ways to remove white spots from your teeth, you should not look down this tooth powder, yet consider making it for good.
- Mix 3 tbsp. of calcium powder, 1 tsp. of clove powder, 4 tbsp. of Bentonite clay, and 1 tbsp. of cinnamon powder.
- Also, consider adding 1 tbsp. of baking soda, 1- 2 tbsp. of Xylitol powder, 2 tsp. of mint leaf powder and several drops of essential oils to your powder.
- Store this homemade demineralizing tooth powder in a glass jar and use it to brush the teeth on a daily basis.
- Repeat this process 2- 3 times per day.
14. Baking Soda And Vinegar
The combination of baking soda and vinegar is a natural remedy that can help you remove the white spots from your teeth.
- Mix 1tsp. of vinegar with 2 tsp. of baking soda to get a uniform paste
- Gently rub this paste on your teeth with the help of your fingertips for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, wash off the mouth with water
- Apply this remedy twice a week to treat white spots on teeth.
Do you want to know other ways to remove white spots on teeth? If your answer is “yes”, you should continue to read this interesting article and then consider applying one or more of these remedies for good.
15. Apple Cider Vinegar
Thanks to its antibacterial properties, apple cider vinegar can help to remove white spots on teeth by killing off bacteria that can damage your teeth and also cause bad breath. Besides, apple cider vinegar has acetic acid that helps to prevent teeth demineralization. As a result, it is one of the best ways to remove white spots from your teeth. Simply, mix apple cider vinegar with water in a ratio 1:2. Then, use this solution to wash off the mouth after you brush the teeth the next morning. Apply this remedy every alternative day.
Other ways to remove white spots from your teeth must include using turmeric because it contains stain-removing properties. And to cure white spots on teeth with turmeric, you just need to mix 1 tsp. of lemon juice, ½ tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of turmeric powder and then apply this paste onto your teeth. Let it sit on for 5 minutes before brushing your teeth with the help of your toothpaste. Then, rinse off the mouth with warm water. Repeat this remedy twice a week.
17. Banana Peel
According to a study , banana peel is a miracle cure for whitening teeth. This is because the inside of banana peel has phosphorous content and decalcification properties, which help to reduce calcium deposits and also prevent the buildup of debris and plaques.
- Soak the peel of a banana in cold water and leave it on for 5 minutes
- Then, rub it on white spots on teeth for 1-2 minute.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before brushing it with toothpaste.
- After that, rinse off your mouth with clean water.
- Repeat this remedy multiple times daily until you achieve your desired results.
18. Basil Leaves
Basil plant contains teeth- whitening effects and it also helps to prevent bacterial infections. The use of basil can help to remove white spots from your teeth quickly thanks to its antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Blend 5- 6 dried basil leaves to create a herbal toothpaste.
- Use this paste to brush your teeth
- Alternatively, mix 1 tbsp. of basil paste in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Use this solution to wash off the mouth before rinsing it off with warm water
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a day.
19. Neem Oil
According to a research about neem for healthy teeth , neem oil can be used for dental care. They contain antibacterial properties that can help to kill off the bacteria causing dental problems. Besides, they also contain astringent properties that are effective in removing white spots from your teeth.
- Take out some toothpaste on your toothbrush.
- Then, add 2-3 drops of neem oil to your toothpaste.
- Use it to brush the teeth for about 2-3 minutes before washing it off with water
- Apply this remedy every day until your white spots on teeth has gone.
20. Neem Leaves
Thanks to the astringent properties found in neem leaves, they can help to cure white spots on teeth. Also, they have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties, so they can help to kill off bacteria.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in a cup of water
- Allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes and then strain it
- Use this solution to rinse off the mouth and spit it out after about 10 minutes
- Alternatively, make a thick paste from some boiled neem leaves
- Apply it directly on your white spots on teeth
- Use any of these natural remedies on a daily basis.
You can consider using charcoal to remove white spots from your teeth. Also, it can be effective in removing the plaque buildup from the teeth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of activated charcoal powder and then dip your wet toothbrush in it
- Brush your teeth gently with this mixture before washing it off with clean water
- Apply this process twice a week if you want to cure white spots on teeth.
22. Salt Paste
When it comes to best ways to remove white spots on teeth, you should try out salt paste. As you know that salt water can help you clean the teeth and also improve the health of your gums. Also, salt can fight against bad breath and also prevent teeth deterioration.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp. of salt and some water in a small bowl to get a paste
- Use your fingertips to rub this paste on the teeth for 2 minutes
- Then, wash the mouth with clean water before brushing the teeth with your toothpaste
- Apply this remedy on a daily basis for 1 week to cure white spots on teeth.
23. Lemon And Salt
According to a research about ways to whiten teeth with lemon , lemon juice contains high content of nutrients that helps to remove strains from the teeth. The combination of salt and lemon can be helpful for curing white spots on teeth.
- Mix 1 tbsp. each of lemon juice and sea salt
- Then, apply this mixture on your teeth and leave it on for 2- 3 minutes
- Finally, wash the mouth with cold water.
- Keep using this remedy once a day for about 2-3 weeks for the best results.
Raisins can help you fight bacteria causing plaque, making it one of the best ways to remove white spots on teeth that you should try out. Also, they also create more saliva and reduce the symptoms of dry mouth. You just need to soak some raisins overnight and then chew them every morning.
The high content of vitamin C in strawberry makes it a natural cleanser for the teeth. Simply, you just need to mash up a few ripe strawberries to create a paste. And then, coat your teeth with this paste. Let it sit on for 5 minutes before washing it off. For the best results, apply this remedy twice a day. Actually, if you want to improve the health of your teeth and also get rid of strains on teeth, you can consider adding strawberries to your daily diet.
26. Vitamin D
Vitamin D is very important for our health, especially bone and teeth health. You can get enough vitamin D by spending about 15 minutes being in the sun on a daily basis. However, remember to avoid exposing yourself to the sun at noon and in the afternoon. Actually, taking a sunbath is one of the best ways to remove white spots on teeth that you should not look down.
27. Citrus Fruits
All of the citrus fruits have high content of vitamin C, which is very important for healthy teeth. Wash any of your favorite fruits such as lemon, orange, and pineapple, cut and then enjoy them.
Ensure that you chew them instead of using a straw to drink the juice. In fact, this is known as one of the most effective ways to remove white spots from the teeth that a lot of people in the world love and have been making use.
Both the malic acid and fiber found in apples can help you remove white spots on teeth. You just need to wash a whole apple and then eat it. For the best results, try to consume an apple every day. This is actually a beauty advice that you should not look down.
29. Limit The Intake Of Whole Grains
Whole grains are good for your overall health, but they also contain a high content of phytic acids, which can be a cause of white spots on the teeth. Actually, whole grains such as wheat bran, rice bran, wild rice, oats and barley are rich in phytic acids, but they also offer lots of health benefits. Therefore, you should not avoid them completely. To decrease the amount of phytic acid, you can soak these whole grains overnight before consuming them.
There are some other ways to remove white spots from the teeth in this article. So, you should keep reading this article and then try to apply these remedies as soon as possible, especially if you are noticing stains on your teeth.
30. Avoid Consuming Beans And Legumes
We often use a large amount of beans and legumes in our casseroles and stews. However, keep in mind that these foods are high in phytic acids, which can cause white spots on our teeth. Like whole grains, you can decrease the phytic acid content in these foods by soaking them in warm water for overnight and make use!
31. Avoid Acidic Foods
As I mentioned above, consuming too many acidic foods is also a common cause of white spots on teeth. These foods can weaken the enamel of the teeth, thereby resulting in white spots on teeth as well as other oral problems. Therefore, if you want to stop the formation of these white spots, you should avoid consuming these foods in excess.
32. Avoid Caffeine And Tobacco Products
Tobacco products and caffeine are very damaging to your mouth. Caffeine is very acidic and it can damage the teeth’s enamel, and allow the bacteria to attack your teeth, hence resulting in white spots as well as other decay. Meanwhile, smoking can increase the buildup of plaque on teeth, which can cause the formation of white spots on teeth. Addition to this, tobacco and caffeine will also cause stains on your teeth.
33. Drink Plenty Of Water
Another one on the list of ways to remove white spots on teeth is that you need to drink plenty of water. Actually, staying hydrated is very important for preventing white spots from occurring on teeth. When you have dry mouth, the lack of saliva makes the pH in your mouth imbalanced, allowing bacteria to attack your teeth. Therefore, you should try to drink at least 8 glasses of water on a daily basis. Also, you should avoid drinking liquids like soda, fruit juice or other beverages. If you drink one of these liquids, remember to rinse the mouth with water or brush the teeth later on. Also, consume water-based fruits and vegetables such as watermelon, pineapple and cucumbers.
34. Maintain Oral Hygiene
This is the last but very important one among ways to remove white spots from the teeth that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to follow a good oral hygiene as soon as possible. Remember that poor oral hygiene may be a common cause of white spots on teeth. Therefore, you have to maintain good oral hygiene to remove these white spots from your teeth. In fact, white spots can be easily prevented by brushing and flossing regularly. This can help to prevent the buildup of plaque on teeth. Some preventable tips that can help you reduce the risks of getting white spots on teeth include:
- Brush all the surfaces of the teeth, at least twice per day.
- Check the fluoride content of the toothpaste you are using in order to ensure that it can balance out the pH levels in the mouth. Opt for the toothpaste that has the amounts of fluoride from 1,000 to 1,500 ppm.
- Floss before going to bed on a daily basis. If you find hard to use standard floss, consider using the pre-threaded flosser.
- Use a fluoride rinse in order to keep the mouth clean.
- When wearing dental braces , consider using specialized toothbrushes and floss
- Also, use pulsating water to help you remove plaque between your teeth.
- Change your toothbrush once every 4 months.
- Use a mouth guard when playing risky sports
- Visit your dentist every six months. He or she can diagnose early signs and symptoms of the buildup of plaque as well as other related problems.
All of the home remedies as I mentioned above are effective for removing white spots on teeth without causing any side effect. And all of the ingredients for these treatments are available at every home. Therefore, why do not you use these remedies right from today to cure white stains on teeth? If you know other ways to remove white spots from the teeth, remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments below.