TABLE OF CONTENTS
Top 20 Natural Ways On How To Get Rid Of Itchy Skin Around Eyes, On Feet, And Face You Should Not Ignore
I. What Is Itchy Skin?
Medically, itching is called as Pruritus. Itching is defined as an irritating sensation of the skin and makes scratching irresistible. Even though excessive scratching will damage the skin deeply, it provides transitory satisfaction. Generally, adults have about 2 meters of skin that open to all the irritants. When something bothers the skin, the itching will play a role as a defending mechanism to fight against it. Besides, the itching has the ability to alert a person that there are some external or foreign harmful irritants which are attacking his or her body.
II. Symptoms Of Itchy Skin
Itching can cause to irritate a specific part of the body or affect the entire body. The typical symptoms of itchy skin are redness, bumps, sores, acne, dry or cracked skin, a flaky or leathery surface of the skin, rashes, and skin excoriation.
III. Causes of Itchy Skin
There are many possible causes of itching on the skin. Some of them may be dry skin, low humidity level, use of air conditioner in the long-term time, weather change, skin disorders such as scabies, psoriasis, chicken pox, hives, and lice, internal diseases like cancer, thyroid, anemia, and kidney failure. In addition, allergic reactions from poison ivy, cosmetics, or drugs, irritation from soaps, chemicals, or wool, and pregnancy are also the common causes that you should know.
IV. The Excellent Ways On How To Get Rid Of Itchy Skin
Although scratching can give a momentary relief, it can lead to injuries and even infections. There are many effective home remedies that not only give you relief from itching on the skin but also prevent complications triggered by excessive scratching. In the today’s writing, Healthyguide.com will share top 20 ways to eliminate itchy skin. We hope you will like it.
1. Peppermint Oil
The first of top 20 ways on how to get rid of itchy skin on face, feet, and around eyes is to use peppermint oil. This is because the wonderful oil contains anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic, and soothing properties. All of them have the ability to relieve itching caused by scabies, dermatitis, or stress.
- Firstly, you add a few peppermint oil drops to a bathtub containing lukewarm water.
- Then you soak yourself in this water for about 30 minutes.
- After that, you pat dry and apply a moisturizing lotion. Remember to do this once daily for best results.
- You add 3 to 4 peppermint oil drops to a tablespoon of carrier oil such as olive, almond, or coconut oil.
- Then you apply this diluted peppermint oil to your affected skin area.
- Now, you gently massage so that the oil can penetrate deep into your skin.
- You should follow this remedy at least once daily to soothe itchy skin.
2. Coconut Oil
Regular application of coconut oil is one of the excellent ways on how to get rid of itchy skin as on body. It is able to soothe itching caused by dry skin or an insect bite and provide instant relief. Thanks to the natural antiseptic property of coconut oil, it is majorly used for reducing anal itching in children. Besides, coconut oil can give you a fresh and rejuvenating skin by using the oil before hitting the hay.
- At the first procedure, you prepare a bath filled with warm water and start soaking your entire body in it for about 20 minutes.
- While the skin is still wet, you apply a thick layer of this oil on your affected area before covering up with a clean and warm cloth. This will certainly offer you a good sleep without itching.
- At room temperature, you simply dab a little amount of coconut oil on your affected area.
- Then you start massaging gently with your fingertips and allow it to sit on. You do not need to wash away this coconut oil because it will hydrate your skin and calm the itching.
- You should massage warm coconut oil a daily basis to get rid of itchy sense.
See more: 19 Ways On How To Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Acne Skin
3. Sesame Seed Oil
Another natural way on how to get rid of itchy skin on face, feet, and around eyes is to apply sesame seed oil. The magic oil is beneficial in preventing and soothing itching triggered by sunburns and dry skin. It has the ability to penetrate easily into the skin pores, nourish and heals your skin from within.
- You just need to apply a little bit of sesame seed oil on your affected region to ease the flakiness and redness that may be a trigger of itching.
- You can regularly apply this golden-hued oil that works as a sunscreen useful in protecting and nourishing the skin.
Learn more: Top 15 Ways On How To Remove Skin Tags Quickly
Thyme also has been known as an impressive way on how to get rid of itchy skin on feet, face, and around eyes people should not ignore. It contains a great source of thymol, which has anti-inflammatory and anesthetic properties. Thymol is capable of numbing the nerve fibers and reducing inflammation triggered by excessive scratching.
- Frist of all, you add a tablespoon of thyme leaves dried to 2 cups of boiling water.
- The next step, you cover it and leave it on until it becomes cool.
- Now, strain the solution and use a soft cloth to apply the liquid directly to your itchy skin.
- You save the remaining solution in an airtight jar to use for next times.
- You can do this method as many times as needed.
Read more: 20 Home Remedies For Skin Moles Removal On Skin And Face
Another useful herb that is an amazing way on how to get rid of itchy skin on feet, face, and around eyes you must know now is basil. It contains an abundance of eugenol, known as a topical anesthetic and potent essential oil. In addition, it has compounds called thymol and camphor that effectively fight against itching.
- You prepare a pan containing 2 cups of boiling water and add 1 tablespoon of basil leaves dried to it.
- Then you cover the pan for several minutes so that the mixture cool down.
- After that, you apply it on your affected area by using a soft cotton cloth.
- You can save the leftover solution in a clean jar for later use.
- You should repeat this process as often as needed.
- You simply crush several basil leaves and directly rub them on your affected skin.
- You leave it on to dry for a few minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Keep in mind that do this regularly for relief.
Learn more: 17 Home Remedies For Rosacea Rash On Face
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has wonderful anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. Besides, it also contains vitamin E and other important components which help to keep your skin moisturized, thereby reducing itching.
- You take an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from it. Now, you directly apply the gel on your affected area. You keep it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- You follow this simple remedy regularly to notice the improvement.
- You can create a paste by adding a tablespoon of the gel to 2 tablespoons of green clay.
- You apply this paste on your affected area and leave it on until it dries naturally.
- You wash it off with warm water and do this once daily for maximum results.
Read more: 22 Homemade Juices For Glowing Skin In A Week
If you are finding the best ways on how to get rid of itchy skin on feet, face, and around eyes, neem is a perfect choice for you. Neem is known as an amazing anti-irritant property that is a common remedy in traditional medicines in India. The presence of Quercetin helps the neem oil, leaf, and bark act as the innate antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-viral anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial agents. Furthermore, neem leaves contain anti-pimple and anti-acne properties, which offer instant relief without drying your skin. It also works as an astringent, soothing and cooling agent. All these properties have the ability to heal itching, even eczema, dandruff, and psoriasis.
- You just apply a little amount of neem oil to your affected area.
- Keep it on for a few minutes to wipe away itching.
- Finally, you wash it off with clean water and feel the difference.
- You can use a combination of coconut and neem leaves to keep your dry scalp moisturized and prevent itching, flaking, and dandruff.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are used in many kinds of traditional medicines as an excellent topical application for an array of skin conditions such as boils, burns, and even eczema. It also an ingredient that works as a natural way on how to get rid of itchy skin around eyes, on feet, and face you should never look down. Loaded with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, these tiny seeds have the potential to remove toxins from your affected area.
- You firstly make a mixture by adding a teaspoon of powdered dry roasted fenugreek seeds with each teaspoon of non-sour yogurt and chickpea flour.
- You mix it well and apply this paste on your affected region.
- Finish by washing it off with lukewarm water after it dries.
- You can prevent itching and heal dry skin by making a paste containing fenugreek powder and coconut oil.
- Then you apply the solution on your itchy skin area for instant relief.
- You keep it on for a couple of minutes before washing it off with warm water.
Thanks to the astringent and cooling properties of mint, it is beneficial for healing your skin. In addition, the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agents rich in menthol have the ability to soothe your affected region and offer relief in no time.
- You make a mint tea by adding a handful of mint leaves to 2 cups of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- You cover it until the water cools down.
- Then you strain and apply it on your itch by using soft cotton.
- You do this frequently to get faster relief.
10. Cloves And Juniper Berries
The combination of cloves and juniper berries can be an amazing home way on how to get rid of itchy skin rash on body we would like to introduce in this entire article and want readers to learn and apply as soon as possible for good. While juniper berries contain wonderful anti-inflammatory properties, cloves have a powerful essential oil which helps to numb the nerve endings in order to reduce itching sensations.
- First of all, in a saucepan, you melt 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- In another saucepan, you also melt 2 tablespoons of beeswax.
- Then you mix the melted butter and the melted beeswax well.
- You continue the process by stirring in 5 tablespoons of juniper berries and 3 tablespoons of ground cloves.
- You allow this mixture to cool and then apply it on your affected skin.
- You keep it on overnight and take a cool bath or shower in the next morning.
- You should do this daily to get the satisfied results.
Read More: 15 Effective Natural Home Remedies For Itchy Skin
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
There are many natural ways on how to get rid of itchy skin around eyes, on feet, and face you can make use right at your own home without having to pay too much time, money, and efforts, and using apple cider vinegar is one of them. This is because it has anti-itching, antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties which can deal with a lot of skin problem, particularly itchy skin.
- In lukewarm bath water, you add 2 to 3 cups of ACV to it.
- Then you soak the entire body in this water for about 15 to 30 minutes to treat itching and relax.
- Next, you pat your skin dry and apply a little of light moisturizer.
- You should do this daily to eliminate the uncomfortable itching.
- Be capable of treating more localized itching, you can apply apple cider vinegar directly on your affected areas by using a cotton ball.
- You keep it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Do this at least once daily for several days to get the noticeable results.
Most people have used lemon as one of the most popular ways on how to get rid of itchy skin on feet, face, and around eyes that people of all genders and at any age can learn and make use right at home with ease. The fruit is high in acetic and citric acids, which contain the great anesthetic, antiseptic, anti-irritating, and anti-inflammatory properties. All of them are beneficial for any kinds of skin.
- You take 1 to 2 fresh lemons and extract the juice from them.
- Then you apply the juice directly on your affected skin area by using a clean cotton ball.
- You let it dry naturally before washing the area with warm water.
- You should repeat 2 times a day until the skin improves.
Note: This home remedy may not be suitable for people with sensitive skin.
13. Cool Water
Using cool water is also one of the simple and easy ways on how to get rid of itchy skin. Because the sensations of both itching and cold travel along the nerve fibers in your body, applying cool water on your affected skin can offer instant relief from itchiness.
- You can apply cool tap water on your affected skin for as many times as necessary.
- Another option, you rub an ice cube covered with a cloth over your affected area.
- You can also take a cool bath and shower.
14. Fresh Basil Leaves
When it comes to the best ways on how to get rid of itchy skin, basil leaves are a perfect option that you should not skip. Their healing properties are capable of easing the urge to itch. Moreover, it contains a plenty of eugenol which is a topical anaesthetic. The presence of thymol and camphor compounds in basil leaves also assist in combating itch.
- Simply, take some basil leaves and crush them well.
- Then you add several drops of water to it to get the paste.
- Now, you apply it on your affected area and allow it to dry.
- Finally, you wash it off with warm water.
- In a cup of boiling water, you steep a few dried basil leaves in it.
- After it cools down, you apply this solution directly on your irritated skin by using a cotton ball.
- Make sure that you follow the remedy regularly until your problem is gone.
Due to a natural hummectant, honey has been known for an important ingredient in many care skin products. On top of that, the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of honey aid in soothing and easing itching, thereby paving the way for the faster process of healing. If your itch caused by an insect bite, its flavonoid will act as anti-histamines, thus leading to easing itching.
- You firstly melt an enough amount of beeswax gradually in a pan.
- Then you remove melted wax and add 2 teaspoons of honey followed by 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You stir to blend well and let the mixture turn warm.
- After that, you transfer the mixture to an airtight jar and save it on your refrigerate for later use.
- You can add several drops of vitamin E for extra results and longer use.
16. Colloidal Oatmeal
Another useful way on how to get rid of itchy skin is colloidal oatmeal that is formed by crushing oats into a fine. The powder is able to soothe and heal itchy skin. Moreover, it also contains anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating, and soothing properties which provide immediate relief from itching.
- You prepare a bathtub filled with warm water and add 1 to 2 cups of oatmeal powder to it.
- You soak the entire body in this water for about 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure that you avoid using hot water because it can make your skin become irritated more.
- You should take an oatmeal bath at least once a day to get the improvement.
- You pour a little of water gradually into a cup of colloidal oatmeal until it thickens and becomes a paste as consistency.
- Then you simply apply this mixture directly on your itchy skin and cover it with a clean cloth.
- You hold it on for about 30 minutes to soothe the affected skin area.
- Remember to follow this excellent remedy once daily.
17. Baking Soda
Regularly applying baking soda is also one of the most common home ways on how to get rid of itchy skin and skin rashes. Baking soda contains a soothing effect thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties in it. Furthermore, it works as a natural and effective acid neutralizer which helps to relieve itching.
- At the first step, you prepare a bathtub containing cool water.
- Then you add several tablespoons of baking soda to it and stir it well in order to distribute this baking soda thoroughly.
- Once it has been done, you soak in this liquid for about 30 minutes.
- Finish by patting the body dry instead of rubbing your skin with a towel.
- You should repeat this once daily until your itchy skin disappears.
- To treat more localized itching, you can also make a paste by mixing 3 tablespoons of baking soda and a tablespoon of water in a small bowl.
- Then you gently apply the paste on your affected areas and allow it to sit on for 10 minutes.
- Do not forget to follow this once daily to get your healthy skin.
Note: If you have open wounds or broken skin, you have to avoid using baking soda.
18. Bentonite Clay
A useful natural antidote that you should not skip is bentonite clay. It has the ability to relieve itching and some other skin issues such as irritation, acne, scars, blemishes, etc. Nevertheless, it predominantly heals noxious insect bites and stings.
- In a small non-metallic bowl, you mix enough amounts of bentonite clay and water to create a thick paste.
- You stir it well to get a creamy texture and then apply this paste onto your affected areas.
- You leave it on until the paste dries up before washing off with lukewarm water.
19. Fruit Peels
Using fruit peels is one of the amazing ways on how to get rid of itchy skin. The remedy can re-purpose scraps that may otherwise be thrown out. However, this has a potential drawback because the fruity scent is able to attract bugs. Therefore, the way is a better choice if used indoors.
To use fruit peels for itchy skin, you simply rub fruit peel or rind on your affected area.
The last of top 20 effective ways on how to get rid of itchy skin is to apply tulsi that is also called basil. The tulsi leaves are great sources of eugenol, thymol, and camphor. All of them are powerful anti-itching agents.
You can take several Tulsi leaves, rinse thoroughly with water, and then rub them gently where you feel like itching. Alternatively, you steep a handful of cleaned Tulsi leaves in warm water for 10 minutes, drain, and apply this water on your affected skin area to soothe itching.
We have listed top 20 ways on how to get rid of itchy skin. They will not fail you so you should try them right after you feel an itching sense or you notice blotches developing. These remedies not only soothe your skin but also keep it glowing and soft. However, remember that prevention is better than cure. Hence, if the cause of your itching skin is certain allergens, you should not apply those. If you suffer from certain dermatological conditions, you need to check with a skin specialist before trying any of those mentioned remedies for itching skin. In addition, if you have any special ways to cure irritated and itchy skin, leave your opinion below.
Apart from 20 natural ways on how to get rid of itchy skin rash naturally at home, we suggest you read another interesting article about great oils for your skin. This writing lists up to 30 natural oils which you can apply to deal with various conditions about the skin. If you want to get more articles about how to care your skin, please access our main Skin Care page.
Leave a Reply