Some people start to avoid looking directly in the mirror as their wrinkles on the facial surface appear and multiply as they due to the natural aging process. Are you one of them? Do you know that wrinkles are majorly triggered by thin, sagging skin? They appear particularly on the neck, face, tops of forearms, and backs of hands. Learn how to get rid of wrinkles on neck, face, hands, chest, and around mouth with Healthy Guide right now!
- How To Remove Sun Tan From Face & Hands Naturally – 34 Ways / How To Tighten Belly Skin With Foods and Exercises – 28 Tips
Wrinkles happen as a “must” due to natural aging process and everyone has to face it. When the elastin and collagen in the connective tissue of the skin become weak and be broken down due to the modifications in fibroblasts which produce elastin and collagen, then the ugly wrinkles were born.
Premature or excessive wrinkles could be also triggered by other factors, such as the harsh environments and excess exposure to sunlight, the use of certain drugs, smoking, sudden weight loss, excessive stress, genetic predisposition, and the loss of vitamin E.
There are several natural home remedies and tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on face, neck, hands, chest, and around mouth that can help us reduce the appearance of wrinkles as well as prevent new wrinkles from forming.
Now, keep reading on Healthy Guide to find out which wrinkle is and things you can do to deal with and even stop the growth of this terrible skin issue right at the comfort of your ow home.
I. Wrinkles – Introduction
First, we will show you which wrinkles are according to the scientific bases.
Although wrinkles could make you look wise or experienced, or at least some levels of maturity, there is no question that new-born babies also have wrinkles. The real concerning problem that most of people have is that certain types of wrinkles is associated with the growth of age. Natural aging process in the nowadays is not pointed to be positive. In general, the cure for normal skin aging that does not bring about any functional abnormality is short-termed cosmetics. Most cosmetic procedures are also covered by health insurance.
Several procedures and products promise to help people on how to get rid of wrinkles on face, hands, neck, chest, and around mouth naturally but some do little to nothing (such as the products claiming that they can relieve “the appearance of fine lines,” meaning that they cannot help to stop the growth of lines themselves). Other products may achieve some small positive results.
Although the skin of us will be all aged, sun exposure will enhance the rate dramatically at which this happens. Modifications brought on by sun damage (photo-aging) are sagginess, dryness (really roughness), skin growths such as “liver spots” (keratoses, lentigos), as well as wrinkles.
Most wrinkles caused by aging occur on parts of the body where faces the greatest sun exposure. There are two types of wrinkles: deep furrows that are related to muscular contraction and fine surface lines. Some deep furrows are naturally anatomical and have little to do with the process of age. In general, it is just the clear signs of aging that make people, especially women, worry. There are 2 ideal approaches to the amelioration of these aging signs: preventions and cures. Generally, topical cures for wrinkles are much more useful for fine lines. Deeper creases could need more invasive techniques, including the local muscle paralysis, injection of fillers, or plastic surgery. There is a special form of wrinkles that many of us know as “cellulite“, producing an appearance to the skin like cottage cheese. This is most found in the buttocks and hips of women causing by fat deposition in certain anatomical sites in the dermis.
II. Causes Of Wrinkles
Before learning about how to get rid of wrinkles on neck, face, hands, chest, and around mouth with details, keep reading this important part of the article as you really need to know which exactly triggered your wrinkles to find out the exact and most effective solution for your own case.
1. Aging And Wrinkles
This is the very first cause of wrinkle that you should not skip or look down yet learn carefully before knowing how to get rid of wrinkles on neck, face, hands, chest, and around mouth.
With time, skin cells divide slower, and the dermis – the inner layer of the skin, starts to thin. That starts to undo the structure and stretchiness of the skin.
Aging skin also begins to lose its ability to keep moisture, make less oil, and has slower healing ability. That all leads to the formation process of ugly and stubborn wrinkles.
Learn More: 46 Natural Homemade Masks for Lips Moisturizing and Softening
2. Facial Muscle Contractions
Those lines jutting from the corner of the eyes (crow’s feet) and those between the eyebrows (frown lines) are considered to be resulted from contractions of the facial muscles. Smiling, squinting, frowning, and other habitual expressions of your face make the wrinkles more prominent.
3. Sun Damage And Wrinkles
Getting too much sun can damage our skin, which can also lead to wrinkles. To help prevent the formation of wrinkles, people should avoid the sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and also remember to wear broad-spectrum sunscreen with a physical blocker; for example, zinc at least oxide 7 % and an SPF 30 every day, even when it is cloudy and in the winter. Wearing a large-size brimmed hat and covering exposed skin areas with clothing is also a great tip. You can try wearing a long-sleeved pants and shirt.
Read More: 20 Best Homemade Face Masks for Blackheads and Acne Breakouts
4. Smoking And Wrinkles
Smoking can curb our skin’s collagen production, which is a crucial part of the structure of the skin. The collagen downturn will pave the way for the wrinkling process. That is one more reason why you should quit smoking, now or never!
hIII. How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Naturally At Home
There are a lot of natural treatments that can help you reduce or clear wrinkles. You can also use creams and lotions to satisfy your skin and prevent wrinkles. Prescription treatments, such as the retinoid creams Retin-A and Renova, are also a great choice. However, you can also simply change some small habits every day to improve your own case.
1. Avoid The Sun
Sunlight is the number one trigger of wrinkles, with dozens of studies that document the impact. In a study that looked at identical twins, Darrick Antell, MD, the New York plastic surgeon found that sun exposure was even more important than the heredity. Overall, siblings who were exposed in the sunlight less looked younger and had fewer wrinkles than their sun-worshiping twins.
2. Wear Sunscreen
The American Academy of Dermatology said that if you are forced to go out in the sun, always remember to wear sunscreen as it will protect your skin from cancer, as well as prevent wrinkles formation at the same time. This is also a great tip on how to get rid of wrinkles on neck, face, hands, chest, and around mouth
3. Do Not Smoke
Some of the studies are still controversial, but more and more research confirmed that cigarette smoke can boost the aging process, harming the skin — mostly by releasing an enzyme which can break down elastin and collagen, the two crucial components of our skin. Sibling research conducted at St. Thomas Hospital in London – at the Twin Research Unit – discovered that the sister or brother who smoked might tend to have skin with more wrinkles and up to 40% thinner than the non-smokers.
4. Sleep Well And Sleep Enough
Another tip on how to get rid of wrinkles on neck, face, hands, chest, and around mouth is to get good sleep at night. Nicholas Perricone, MD, Yale dermatologist said that when you do not get enough sleep, your body will produce excessive cortisol, a hormone that can break down skin cells. Perricone said that if you get sufficient rest, you will produce more human growth hormone (HGH), which can help the skin in remaining more “elastic”, thick, and less likely to wrinkles.
5. Sleep On Your Back
AAD (The American Academy of Dermatology) cautioned that sleeping in certain positions every night can cause “sleeplines” — wrinkles those become etched into the skin’s surface and do not disappear once you are up. Sleeping on your side can increase wrinkles on chin and cheeks while sleeping face-down can give you a furrowed brow. The AAD said that you should sleep on your back if you want to reduce the formation of wrinkles.
6. Do Not Squint – Get Reading Glasses!
The AAD said that every repetitive facial movement – such as squinting – can overwork the facial muscles, creating a groove beneath the surface of the skin. Eventually, this groove will become a wrinkle. Wearing sunglasses is also very important as it can help to protect the skin around the eyes from sun damage; hence, can help you avoid squinting. Keep reading this article to know more tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on chest, hands, neck, face, and around mouth.
7. Eat More Fish – Particularly Salmon
Salmon (and other kinds of cold-water fish) is not only a wonderful protein source – one of the building blocks of glowing and healthy skin – it is also a wonderful source of omega-3 – an essential fatty acid. Perricone lets us know that essential fatty acids can aid a lot in nourishing skin and keeping it youthful and plump, helping to clear wrinkles.
8. Eat More Soy
So far, mainly thanks to the animal studies, we have the proofs, but research actually shows that certain properties of soy can aid a lot in protecting or healing some of the photo-aging harms from the sunlight. In a recent study on humans, published in the European Journal of Nutrition, professionals claimed that a soy-based supplement (other ingredients are fish protein and extracts from tomato, grapeseed, white tea, as well as many vitamins) could improve the structure and firmness of the skin after just 6 months of use. This is actually another on how to get rid of wrinkles around mouth, on hands, neck, face, and on chest you should make use at home!
9. Trade Coffee For Cocoa
In a research published in the Journal of Nutrition in 2006, professionals discovered that cocoa has high levels of 2 dietary flavanols (catechin and epicatchin) that can help to make the skin feel and look smoother, protect the skin from the damage of the sun, affect hydration, and improve circulation to skin cells.
10. Eat More Fruits And Vegetables
Kraus said that the key are the antioxidant compounds in fruits and veggies. These compounds can help in fighting damage coming from the free radicals (unstable molecules that harm our cells), which in turn can help a lot in making the skin look more radiant and younger, as well as protecting against some influences of photo-aging.
11. Use Moisturizer
Simple yet effective, using moisturizer is among the best tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on hands, neck, face, chest, and around mouth that we introduce to readers in this article. Ashinoff said that women are especially so concerned with antiaging products but they often look down the effect of moisturizer. Skin that is moist can appear better, so creases and lines are far less noticeable.
12. Do Not Over-Wash Your Face
According to dermatologists at the Maryland Medical Center University, tap water can help to strip skin of the natural barrier oils of the skin and its moisture that can aid in protecting against wrinkles. If you wash your face too frequently, then the natural protection could be washed away as well. In addition, unless your soap has moisturizers, you need to use a cleanser as a replacement.
Topical Treatments For Reducing Wrinkles
Researchers showed that the following ingredients can aid in reducing wrinkles. Most can be found in a variety of skin-care cures, both over-the-counters and prescription.
13. AHAs (Alpha-Hydroxy Acids)
These natural fruit acids can help to lift away the dead skin cells’ top layer, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, especially around your eyes. New proofs showed that in higher concentrations, AHAs can aid a lot in stimulating the production of collagen.
14. Retinoids (Such As Retin A)
The single FDA-approved topical cure for wrinkles is tretinoin, commercially known as Retin A. Ashinoff said that this prescription cream can help to reduce large wrinkles and fine lines, as well as repair the damage from the sun. Retinol is a vitamin A’s natural form which can be found in several over-the-counter products. Researchers showed that in high concentrations, in a stabilized formula, it may be as useful as Retin A, without the side effects, like sensitivity and skin burning.
15. Topical Vitamin C
A simple tip on how to get rid of wrinkles on hands, neck, face, chest, and around mouth you can make use is to add topical vitamin C rich foods to your diet every day. Researchers at Tulane University, among others, have discovered that it can help in increasing the production of collagen, protecting the skin against damage from UVB and UVA rays, correcting pigmentation issues, as well as improving the inflammatory skin issues. Nevertheless, the key is probably the type of vitamin C used. To date, almost every study considered the L-ascorbic acid form as the most potent for wrinkle reduction.
This chemical cousin to the CoQ10 (nutrient coenzyme Q10) is a very strong antioxidant. In a study recently published in the Journal of Dermatology, professionals discovered that with just six weeks of topical usage, there was a 26% reduction in skin dryness and roughness, a 33% overall improvement in sun-damaged skin, a 29% decrease in wrinkles and lines, and a 37% increase in hydration. Other researchers have noticed the same results.
17. Growth Factors
Part of the natural wound-healing response of the body, when these compounds are applied topically, might decrease wrinkles and lines, as well as reduce sun damage, while rejuvenating the production of collagen. This is actually among the best tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on chest, hands, neck, face, and around mouth that you should not skip at all costs!
18. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a wonderful massage oil that you can use to apply onto your skin. It is an excellent source of antioxidants, such as vitamin E and vitamin A, which can help in fighting skin-damaging free radicals.
- Try massaging your skin with emu oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, or almond oil to reduce and prevent wrinkles.
- You can also try mixing 3 – 5 drops of glycerin and olive oil or 3 – 5 drops of honey. Massage the combination into your skin two times per day. This will also help in tightening sagged skin and eliminating dead cells.
- Use olive oil to massage onto the affected skin area regularly will help in moisturizing, repairing and even regenerating skin cells. As the oil penetrates deep into your skin, it gives long-term protection and keep the skin moisturized.
Another tip on how to get rid of wrinkles on hands, neck, face, chest, and around mouth we would like to reveal here is to use fenugreek.
Fenugreek oil, leaves, and seeds and even oil can work effectively like an antidote for different skin issues, including wrinkles. The fenugreek leaves are very abundant in minerals and vitamins that can be easily absorbed by our body and can aid a lot in treating fine lines and wrinkles when this remedy is applied on a regular basis.
- Try applying fenugreek oil onto your fine lines and wrinkles or rinsing your facial skin with water boiled with fenugreek seeds.
- Try grinding a handful of fresh fenugreek leaves to create a thick paste. Use the paste to apply onto your facial skin and let it stay overnight. In the morning, use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
20. Aloe Vera
The aloe vera plant has malic acid that can help a lot in reducing wrinkles by improving the skin’s elasticity.
- Try mixing the content of a vitamin E capsule with 1 tsp. of aloe vera gel. Apply the combination to areas where wrinkles appear. Let it stay for about 30 minutes and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- Try cutting an aloe vera leaf from the plant to get the fresh gel inside. Use the fresh gel to apply onto your skin and let it stay within about fifteen to twenty minutes. Use lukewarm water to wash it off.
Ginger can work effectively as a great anti-wrinkle remedy thanks to its abundant antioxidant content. In addition, it can aid a lot in inhibiting the breakdown of elastin, one of the leading trigger factors of fine lines and wrinkles.
- You can try drinking ginger tea two times per day
- Mix a tbsp. of honey with a pinch of grated ginger. Consume this combination every morning.
Bananas are very abundant in antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins that can help in combating the triggers of fine lines and wrinkles. Making use of this method two times per week can help to rejuvenate your skin and clear wrinkles naturally at home.
- Try using a mixture of a little honey with 1 mashed avocado and banana to slather onto your skin. Let it stay within 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Mash 2 ripe bananas to make a thick paste. Use the paste to apply directly onto the wrinkled areas. Let it stay within at least 30 minutes and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off. Apply some skin moisturizer after that.
23. How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles Around Mouth – Almonds
Almonds are a great source of folic acid, calcium, zinc, iron, vitamin E, fiber, and oleic acid, which combined can clear wrinkles and delay the natural aging process.
- You can try massaging almond oil onto your skin’s surface to delay the influences of aging.
- Soak some almonds in raw milk and let it stay overnight. The next morning, remove the skin and try grinding the almonds to make a thick paste. Use the paste to apply onto the skin, and to get rid of dark circles, do not forget the skin area under your eyes. Let it stay within twenty to thirty minutes and then use lukewarm water to wash it off. To achieve the best results, apply this method every day.
Carrots are very rich in vitamin A, which can help to promote the production of collagen and aid a lot in keeping the skin smooth.
- One choice is to make a mixture from equal parts of honey and carrot juice and apply onto your skin each morning and evening. Let it stay within about ten minutes before rinsing it off.
- Boil 2 – 3 large carrots in water till they become soft. Try blending the carrots with some honey to create a paste. Use it to directly apply onto the facial skin. Let it stay within about 30 minutes and then use lukewarm water to wash it off.
- In addition, you can try adding raw carrots into your daily diet.
25. How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles On Chest Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is an excellent source of citric acid that can work greatly like a strong exfoliant and can aid in getting rid of dead skin cells. It can also work well like an astringent and a deep cleansing agent that can help to fade wrinkles, blemishes, fine lines and other signs of aging, such as dark circles.
- Try applying the mixture of amla powder (Indian gooseberry) and lemon juice onto your facial skin to delay aging naturally and treat wrinkles.
- Moreover, you can also try mixing 1 tsp. each of vitamin E oil, honey, yogurt, with some lemon juice. Spread it onto your facial skin and let it stay within about fifteen to twenty minutes before rinsing it off.
- Try rubbing a little bit of lemon juice gently onto your facial skin. Let it stay within about five to ten minutes and then use clean water to rinse your face. Apply this method 2 – 3 times per day to see the improvement.
Pineapples contain enzymes that can help to boost the elasticity of the skin, help eliminate dead skin cells, and moisturize the skin as well. This fruit is also abundant in vitamins, fibers, and antioxidants that can improve skin health. Try apply the tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on chest, neck, face, and around mouth at home with the help of pineapples:
- Try rubbing pineapple flesh onto the infected skin area. Let it dry within twenty minutes, and then use warm or cold water to wash your skin off.
- Try applying the juice from a green pineapple onto your skin every day for 5 minutes before rinsing your skin off. This is also a very good tip to clear dark circles around your eyes.
Drinking water is one of the most effective and easiest tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on face, neck, chest, and around mouth that you can apply at home. Water can help to keep the body hydrated and maintain the moisture of the skin on over your body. When our body is dehydrated, the skin; in general, will look older.
Make sure that you will be able to drink pure, filtered water because unfiltered water can contain traces of chemicals that can harm your skin over time.
Drink 2 liters of filtered water at least every day. Consume one glass in the morning to kick start your day and then throughout the day, try to keep a bottle of water along with you. Avoid carbonated drinks and alcohol as well for good.
- Control facial expressions, such as frowning and squinting because they tend to overwork your facial muscles.
- Get enough sleep and prefer to sleep on your back for preventing sleep lines that can definitely turn into wrinkles.
- Add more foods that are abundant in vitamin C, including kale, spinach, bell peppers, broccoli, pineapple, grapefruit, blueberries, and orange into your daily diet. Vitamin C can help to promote the formation of collagen and can help to fight free radicals. Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids can also aid in keeping your skin plump and youthful.
- Stop smoking because it can harm collagen and lead to early wrinkles.
- As chronic stress can help to accelerate cellular skin aging, reduce and manage stress.
- Limit the sun exposure, especially at time when the sunlight is at the strongest level.
Aging is a natural phenomenon that leads to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin’s surface, but these natural remedies can help you a lot in decelerating the aging process. You will be able to appear younger for several more years to come.
Learn how to get rid of wrinkles on neck, face, and around mouth with this useful article and try applying one or more of the natural home remedies mentioned above and you will find the real solution. All of these natural cures are proven good and healthy to apply. If you have any idea about this list or you know other natural methods to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment box below. For more health and beauty tricks, remember to visit our Beauty Page regularly.
Leave a Reply