Vomiting is not a serious health issue and it is the reaction of the body to a temporary problem. Some common causes of vomiting are overconsumption of alcohol, overeating, food poisoning, emotional stress, stomach flu, motion sickness and pregnancy. If you want to get rid of the feeling of vomiting, you should consider applying some simple home remedies.
- 22 Tips How To Treat Stomach Ache In Men & Women Fast & Naturally/ 38 Home Remedies For Stomach Ache & Bloating In Infants, Babies, & Adults
List Of Simple Yet Effective Home Remedies For Vomiting:
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the natural home remedies for vomiting in toddlers, adults, and babies that you can apply with ease at home. Therefore, if you are suffering from this health condition, you should try to keep both of your eyes on this interesting article right now.
I. Common Causes Of Vomiting
Vomiting sensation can be a symptom of many health problems. It is a feeling of discomfort in your stomach and throat, causing the contents of the stomach to be expelled orally. Some common causes of vomiting are:
- Morning sickness: During pregnancy, many women experience vomiting and dizziness, especially during the first three months. This condition is normal, but excessive vomiting can result in dehydration, weight loss, electrolyte imbalance, malnutrition and dizziness.
- Panic mood: If someone feels frightened, they can experience some symptoms such as vomiting, sweating, dizziness, palpitations, difficulty breathing, chest pain, etc.
- Travel sickness: When traveling by train, car, boat or plane, some people can experience the feeling of vomiting sensation.
- Dysmenorrhea: During menstrual period, some women can experience abdominal pain accompanied with vomiting, dizziness, nausea, and back pain.
- Some certain medications: Taking some medicines can lead to unwanted side effects such as vomiting and dizziness.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: This disease can cause vomiting and discomfort as the vomit contains discharge stomach.
- Digestive problems: Some digestive problems like diarrhea, gastroenteritis and food poisoning can cause the feeling of vomiting sensation. Severe vomiting can result in dehydration, imbalanced electrolyte levels in the body and higher levels of dizziness.
Read on 15 Tips How To Prevent Diarrhea For Babies, Toddlers, Pregnant & Adults to discover some of the best tips that can help prevent diarrhea from occurring in babies, toddlers, adults and pregnant women.
- Heart problems: People who suffer from heart attacks, irregular heartbeats, arrhythmias, and sudden hypotension can experience dizziness, headaches, and vomiting sensation.
- The problem in the ear: Inflammation, infections, tissue damage or fluid buildup in the ear can result in vomiting sensation and dizziness.
- Respiratory disorders: Some respiratory disorders that can cause vomiting sensation are asthma, obstructive pulmonary disorders, etc.
- Some other causes such as allergy, sinusitis, migraines, too low blood sugar, fatigue, nutritional deficiencies, etc. can lead to the vomiting sensation.
List of 40 Best Home Remedies For Headaches Or Migraines In Toddlers & Adults will show you some of the best natural treatments for headaches or migraines in both toddlers and adults, so check it out!
II. Home Remedies For Vomiting
There are many natural treatments for vomiting that you can try out at the comfort of your own home. And, all of these home remedies use natural ingredients available in your kitchen. As a result, you can consider using any of them for good.
This should be the first one among home remedies for vomiting in infants that we would like to mention in this article. Mint tea has been found to give you a relief from vomiting, especially vomiting caused due to upset stomach.
- Simply chew some fresh mint leaves
- Firstly, include 1 tbsp. of dried mint leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for about 5- 10 minutes.
- Then, strain and drink the mint tea.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of lemon juice and mint juice with 1 tbsp. of raw honey.
- Consume this soothing solution 3 times daily.
To know some of the best tips that can help you treat dog diarrhea and vomiting with blood naturally, read on 10 Tips How To Treat Dog Diarrhea & Vomiting With Blood Fast & Naturally
2. Home Remedies For Vomiting – Lemon
Lemon juice can help cure vomiting by eliminating unpleasant odors causing vomiting sensation. Besides, vitamin C found in lemon can also be good for human health. Now, if you want to use lemon as a vomiting treatment, you can apply any of the following methods:
- Pour the juice from a lemon into a cup.
- Add some water and raw honey to the cup.
- Mix it well and drink this solution every morning.
- Pour a little lemon essential oil into a clean towel.
- Keep the towel close to your nose and take a deep breath.
- Always bring a fresh lemon with you because smelling the lemon peel on a regular basis can help you overcome the vomiting sensation.
If you want to know some of the best benefits of drinking lemon water for human health, read on Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water – 19 Reasons To Drink It!
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
When it comes to learning home remedies for vomiting in adults, babies, and toddlers, you should try using apple cider vinegar. This kind of vinegar can give you a relief from the feeling of vomiting. It has been found to calm the stomach and help with detoxification. Besides, this kind of vinegar with antimicrobial properties also helps cure food poisoning.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of undiluted apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp. of raw honey in a glass of water.
- Drink this solution and repeat this remedy if required.
- Mix 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar in ½ cup of water
- Then, use this solution to rinse your mouth.
4. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds can help with digestion and treat nausea. Besides, they also contain antimicrobial properties, which help treat stomach flu causing your vomiting.
- Simply chew 1 tsp. of fennel seeds
- Place 1 tbsp. of crushed fennel seeds in a glass of hot water
- Let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Then, strain and drink it
- Repeat this home remedy once or twice daily.
According to a study , cinnamon has been found to calm the stomach and simultaneously treat vomiting caused due to digestive problems. Follow one out among these methods to learn how you can stop vomiting naturally and instantly right at your own home without having to use any type of drugs, pills, or medications.
- Add ½ -1 tsp. of powdered cinnamon or a cinnamon stick to a cup of hot water,
- Let it steep for several minutes
- Then, strain the liquid and optionally, add 1 tbsp. of raw honey.
- Slowly drink this tea.
- Note: Pregnant women should avoid this home remedy.
- Pour a cup of water in a pan with 2 cinnamon and a small ginger slice
- Then, bring it to a boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and filter the cinnamon and ginger
- Add water to the cup, add honey and then enjoy.
- Pour a glass of water into the pan with 2 cinnamon and 1 cloves
- Bring it to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Then, filter water, add 1 tsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice and enjoy.
- Pour water into the pan
- Then, add 2 cinnamon, 1 orange peel, ½ tbsp. of ginger and a tea bag
- Bring it to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Next, strain it, and let it cool
- Finally, add 1 tbsp. of honey, 1 tsp. of mint, and ice cubes and enjoy.
6. Best Home Remedies For Vomiting – Ginger
If you do not know home remedies for vomiting in infants, toddlers, and adults, you should try using ginger. Ginger is good for the digestive system and it can act as a natural anti-emetic that helps prevent vomiting.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of lemon juice and ginger juice
- Drink it a few times a day.
- Add a little raw honey to your ginger tea and then drink it.
- Consume some fresh slices of ginger mixed with a little honey.
Bananas can help remove chemicals causing nausea from the body. They also supplement the minerals like potassium that your body has lost after you vomit. If you want to overcome the feeling of vomiting sensation by using bananas, you just need to take the following steps:
- Wash the green banana and cut it into some thin slices.
- Dry out these banana slices to make a fine powder
- Then, mix 2 tbsp. of green banana powder with warm water.
- Drink it twice daily before meals.
8. Rice Water
Rice water is very effective in reducing vomiting, especially if your vomiting is caused due to gastritis. To prepare rice water for treating vomiting, you should use white rice instead of brown rice because white rice is packed with starch that is easier to digest.
- Mix a cup of rice to 1- 1 ½ cup of water.
- Then, bring this solution to a boil.
- Strain and then drink this rice water.
This is another one among natural home remedies for vomiting in toddlers, adults, and babies that you should try using at the comfort of your own home. According to a research  cumin can stimulate the release of pancreatic enzymes, so it can be used to reduce the feeling of vomiting caused by digestive problems.
- Mix ½ tsp. of ground cumin seeds in a cup of warm water
- Then, drink this solution.
- Mix a pinch of nutmeg and 1 tsp. of cumin seeds in a cup of hot water
- Let it steep for several minutes.
- Then, strain the liquid before drinking it.
- Mix some powdered cumin and powdered cardamom in 1 tsp. of raw honey
- Consume it slowly.
10. Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 can be found in banana, brown rice, corn, avocado, fish and nuts. This essential vitamin can help balance the digestive system, making it a great solution for vomiting and morning sickness. More importantly, this vitamin is safe for pregnant women and their unborn babies. The recommended dosage of vitamin B6 for you is about 25mg, 3 times daily. However, it is advised that pregnant women should ask a doctor before taking any supplement, including vitamin B6.
There are some other natural home remedies for vomiting in toddlers, adults, and babies in this article. Therefore, you should keep both of your eyes on this interesting article and then try to apply any of these natural remedies whenever you have the feeling of vomiting sensation.
11. Home Remedies For Vomiting – Ice
Using ice cubes is known as one of the simplest home remedies for vomiting in babies, toddlers, and adults you can take, especially if your vomiting sensation is caused by hot temperature. Simply, the only thing you need to do is to slowly drink a glass of water added some ice cubes. Actually, this trick can help reduce the feeling of vomiting sensation in the body.
This is another one among best home remedies for vomiting in adults, babies, and toddlers that you should give it a try! Cloves contain soothing properties, which help with digestion and also reduce the feeling of vomiting caused by gastric irritability. You can apply any of the following methods if you want to overcome the feeling of vomiting sensation with the help of cloves.
- Simply, chew some raw cloves
- Make a cup of clove tea from some raw cloves
- Swallow some fried cloves mixed with raw honey.
Basil leaves rich in calcium, iron, potassium, and vitamin C, all of which are good for the body. Besides, this herb is also effective in treating vomiting sensation, indigestion, stomach upset and flatulence. However, this remedy is not recommended for any of these cases:
- People who are using blood thinners: This is because basil can stimulate the blood-thinning properties found in the medication, hence causing serious complications.
- People with diabetes or hypoglycaemia: This is because basil leaves can result in low blood sugar levels.
- Pregnant women: If they eat too much basil, it can cause reactions in pregnant women and unborn babies.
- Mix basil leaves with water, raw honey or fruit juice.
- Alternatively, mix 3 tbsp. of plain yogurt with basil and salt.
- Eat either of these mixtures 3-4 times a day.
This is another natural treatment for vomiting and nausea for centuries. Just take note that you should not use this remedy if you are allergic to marigold, chrysanthemum powder, Roman chrysanthemum, or white daisies.
- Soak 1 tsp. of dried flour in a cup of hot water.
- Add honey or lemon juice for taste.
- Repeat this remedy regularly
15. Onion Juice
This is worth mentioning in this list of best home remedies for vomiting in babies, toddlers, and adults that you should consider making use at home. Onion juice can be effective in treating nausea and vomiting due to its antibiotic properties.
- Mix 1 tsp. each of onion juice and grated ginger.
- Then, consume this mixture regularly to treat vomiting.
- Mix 2 tsp. of raw honey in ½ cup of onion juice.
- Then, consume 1 tbsp. of this mixture.
- Repeat this remedy if required.
16. Home Remedies For Vomiting – Apple
Apples are packed with fiber, so they can be used to flush the chemicals causing vomiting out of the body. Also, apples supplement your lost energy and help you overcome the feeling of vomiting sensation. You can eat the apple’s shell, but keep in mind to wash it carefully before consuming.
17. Keep The Body Stable
Movement can make you have the feeling of vomiting sensation. Therefore, you should try to limit your movement as much as you can. Instead, lie in a dark and quiet area. Actually, this is one of the simplest home remedies for vomiting in toddlers that you should not miss.
According to a study about easy to digest foods , crackers have a mild flavour and they are also easy to digest. Besides, they are also nutritious and boost your recovery. Simply, you just need to eat some pretzels, saltine crackers or even a dry toast.
In regard to learning home remedies for vomiting in infants, babies, and adults garlic is one of the best solutions. Garlic contains a powerful antibiotic that can help kill off bacteria causing vomiting. Besides, garlic also contains strong antifungal, antiviral, and anti-bacterial properties, which help in curing food poisoning.
- Grab 2 pieces of garlic and then grill them in about 3 minutes
- Then, mix them with some boiling water and raw honey
- Let it cool and then drink it.
20. Home Remedies For Vomiting – Bread Or Biscuits
When you are suffering from the vomiting sensation, you can try chewing bread or biscuits to overcome this feeling more quickly. This is because these foods contain more starch that helps absorb acid in your stomach. At the same time, you should keep away from sweets, fried foods, and greasy foods. Also, pies and salty cakes can help absorb acid in your stomach, hence preventing stomach pain. Besides, some other foods you should eat when it comes to curing vomiting are rice, noodles, fish, grilled chicken, potatoes, etc.
21. Consume Food And Soft Drinks
This is another great way among home remedies for vomiting in toddlers, babies, and adults that you should not look down, yet try using for good. Using food and soft drinks may be one of the best home remedies for vomiting that you should try out! You can try consuming vegetable broth or chicken. Remember to eat in small quantities. Also, spicy and fatty foods can make your vomiting worse.
22. Practice Breathing Exercises
This may sound strange when it comes to learning home remedies for vomiting in adults, toddlers, and babies but it actually does work. According to a research , deep and controlled breathing can help you overcome vomiting sensation. Try out a breathing exercise by taking the following steps:
- Place a pillow under your neck and legs for comfort.
- Then, place the hands on the abdomen, beneath the skeleton.
- Deeply inhale and slowly exhale. Make sure to use the diaphragm when breathing, not the ribs.
- Your fingers placed on your abdomen must be separated when breathing.
- Repeat this process for more than 5 minutes.
23. Drink Cold Water
This is the last but very important one among natural home remedies for vomiting in babies, toddlers, and adults that we want to reveal in this article and want all of my readers who want to overcome the feeling of vomiting sensation naturally to apply for good. Make sure that you consume plenty of water daily because dehydration can make you have the feeling of vomiting sensation. Try to sip water slowly and drinking too much water can cause a discomfort in the stomach.
Additional tips when it comes to learning how to overcome vomiting sensation are:
- Take a light meal and slowly eat.
- Get plenty of rest, but avoid sleeping immediately after eating.
- Avoid brushing the teeth immediately after eating
- Avoid strong odors like cooking smells or perfumes.
In some cases, you can get rid of vomiting at home. However, in case you cannot drink or eat anything for more than 12 hours or constantly vomit for more than two days, you should see a doctor immediately. Look for medical treatment if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Severe abdominal pain , abdominal cramping or chest pain
- Fatigue and fainting before and after vomiting
- High fever
- Sweaty, cold and pale skin
- Headache and body pain
- Vomiting contains blood and waste
- Symptoms of dehydration
After reading this article, we hope that you can find some of the best solutions for your vomiting sensation. Actually, all of the home remedies as mentioned above are effective in reducing the feeling of vomiting sensation without causing any side effect, so you can feel secure when applying any of these home remedies at home. Besides, if you know other effective home remedies for vomiting in babies, toddlers, and adults, feel free to share them with us by leaving your comments below.