Jock itch is known as a fungal infection caused due to the fungus called trichophyton rubrum. It may affect both women and men and occur on the buttocks, groin, inner thighs, and genital area. Some of the jock itch symptoms are redness, itching, flaking skin and a burning sensation. Although jock itch is not a severe medical condition, it may be very embarrassing and uncomfortable. Fortunately, applying home remedies can give an instant relief from this condition.
- 15 Natural Home Remedies For Itchy Skin Rash Relief On Face And Body/ 20 Tips How To Get Rid Of Itchy Skin Rash On Face, Feet, & Around Eyes
List Of Natural Home Remedies For Jock Itch Pain
If you are looking for home remedies for jock itch pain that you can apply with ease at home, this article on Healthy Guide Site may be helpful. Actually, all of these home remedies can be effective in relieving the symptoms of jock itch without causing any unwanted side effects. Therefore, you can feel free to apply any of these home remedies at home for good.
I. Causes And Symptoms Of Jock Itch
If left untreated, apart from being embarrassing and uncomfortable, the jock itch also becomes worse over time. The rashes can spread to the scrotum, penis, buttocks, inner thighs and anus in men, and the vulva, buttocks, labia, inner thighs and anus in women. There are some common triggering factors for jock itch, including:
- Tight underwear
- Tight jeans and pants
- Skin friction in the groin area and thigh
- Fungal infections
- Buildup of warmth and sweet in the groin
Some common symptoms of jock itch are:
- Redness, itching and burning sensation in the affected area
- Peeling, flaking, or cracking skin in the affected area
- Changes in skin color
II. Top 28 Best Home Remedies For Jock Itch
There are lots of natural home remedies for jock itch in females and males that you can try applying at the comfort of your own home. So, if you are concerning about how to get rid of jock itch symptoms, you should keep both of your eyes on this article right now.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This should be the first one among home remedies for jock itch in males and females that we want to mention in this article. Washing your affected skin with raw apple cider vinegar can help deal with jock itch. This is because apple cider vinegar contains powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties to control many different skin infections.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in about 2 cups of warm water.
- Then, wash your affected area with this solution
- Wait until it dies on its own
- Repeat this process 2- 3 times daily, ideally before going to bed.
List of 30 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Dandruff And Itchy Scalp, Hair Loss will show you some of the best ways to treat dandruff and itchy scalp using apple cider vinegar, so check it out!
2. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Honey
If you are looking for the best home remedies for jock itch in females and males, you should not skip honey. Honey contains antiseptic and antifungal properties, making it a great solution for jock itch. Especially, Manuka honey is great for jock itch or ringworm caused by fungal infections.
- Apply some pure honey on your affected area
- Let it sit on for more than half an hour.
- After that, wash it off and then pat it dry.
- Repeat this home remedy once or twice per day until the infection clears.
- Mix 2 tsp. of raw honey and some minced garlic.
- Then, apply this paste on your affected skin
- Leave it on for several minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat this remedy once daily until you gain your desired results.
- Note: This remedy can cause a stinging sensation. However, it is so normal and you will get an instant relief from the inflammation and itchiness.
Read on 31 Best Natural Ways To Use Honey To Improve Skin, Hair, And Nails to discover some of the best ways to improve skin, hair and nails with the help of honey.
When it comes to learning home remedies for jock itch in males and females, bleach is a great solution for you. Bleach contains antifungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, which help get rid of jock itch.
- Mix ¼ cup of bleach in your warm bathwater.
- Soak your infected skin area for about 15 minutes
- After taking a bath, pat dry your skin.
- Repeat this process daily for the best results.
Garlic is known as a great ingredient for curing jock itch thanks to its antifungal properties, which help relieve pain and itching associated with jock itch. To use garlic as a jock itch treatment, you can try any of the following methods:
- Crush some garlic cloves and then apply this paste on your affected skin.
- Let it sit on for several minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat this remedy 2- 3 times daily.
- Note: If you have sensitive skin, you do not use this remedy.
- Fry a few cloves of garlic in some extra virgin olive oil
- Cool and strain the mixture before applying it on your infected area.
- Let it sit on for several hours before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times daily.
- Consume raw garlic or take garlic supplement daily to improve immune system and boost the healing process.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains powerful antifungal properties, which help cure jock itch as well as other skin infections. Also, it has deep cleansing and powerful antibacterial effects. Plus, it also helps relieve inflammation and itchiness associated with jock itch.
- Soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil and then apply it to your affected skin
- Repeat this remedy twice daily for a few days until this condition disappears completely.
- Note: If you experience burning sensation, you can add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil in about 1 tbsp. of coconut oil before using it.
- Add some tea tree oil to your warm bathwater
- Then, soak in this solution for about 15 minutes.
- Use shower gels or soaps that contain tea tree oil as a main ingredient.
To know some of the best ways to treat warts on face and other body’s parts with tea tree oil, read on 24 Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil For Warts On Face, Hand, Scalp, Neck & Finger
6. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a great home remedy for jock itch thank to its soothing and non-acidic properties. It helps reduce the itching and burning sensation thanks to its antiseptic and cooling properties. If you want to use aloe vera for treating jock itch, you just need to take the following steps:
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel.
- Then, clean your affected area and pat it dry.
- Apply some fresh aloe vera gel on your affected area
- Reapply this remedy 2-3 times a day.
If you want to know some of the best ways to get rid of acne scars, redness and blemishes with aloe vera, read on 29 Uses Of Aloe Vera For Acne Scars, Redness, Blemishes & Pores
7. Coconut Oil
Applying pure coconut oil on your affected area can give you an instant relief. Coconut oil contains powerful properties that soothe your affected skin area. Also, it helps smooth your skin naturally and effectively. Now, you just need to follow the instructions below if you want to treat your jock itch.
- Apply some coconut oil on your affected skin.
- Let it sit on overnight.
- Repeat this home remedy every night, before you go to bed.
If you do not know home remedies for jock itch in males and females, Listerine should not be missed out. According to a study about remedies to cure jock itch , Listerine is a great natural remedy for jock itch due to its antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It will help relieve the inflammation and soreness associated with jock itch.
- Soak a cotton ball in Listerine mouthwash
- Then, apply it on your affected skin and wait until it dries completely.
- Repeat this process 3- 4 times daily for several months.
- Note: You should not use this remedy on open wounds.
Onions contain antibiotic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, so they can be used to kill off the fungus causing jock itch.
- Grind an onion until you get a fine paste.
- Then, apply this onion paste on your infected area.
- Leave it on for about half an hour before washing it off with warm water.
- Finally, pat dry the area and repeat this remedy once or twice per day.
- Also, add onions to your cooking for microbial protection.
10. Rubbing Alcohol
Using rubbing alcohol is another great way for jock itch as it can help kill off the fungus causing jock itch. Plus, rubbing alcohol is a drying agent, so it can be used to keep your affected area dry.
- Soak a cotton ball in some 90% isopropyl alcohol.
- Then, apply it on your affected area without needing to wash it off.
- Repeat this remedy a few times daily until you gain your desired results.
11. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – White Vinegar
White vinegar can help deal with jock itch thanks to its antiseptic and antifungal properties. Actually, this is known as one of the best home remedies for jock itch in females and males that you should give it a try!
- Mix white vinegar and water in a 1:4 ratio.
- Then, dip a washcloth in this solution before using it to wash your infected area.
- Allow it to dry out naturally without needing to rinse it off.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice daily.
- Mix coconut oil and white vinegar in a 1:1 ratio
- Then, apply this mixture on your affected skin.
- Leave it on for several hours before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this remedy twice per day.
12. Salt Bath
According to a study about home remedies for jock itch , taking a salt water bath is another great way to deal with jock itch. Salt helps in controlling the fungus growth and healing the infection quickly. You can use bath salts, Epsom salts, or just table salt.
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water
- Add a generous amount of salt to the bathwater
- Soak in it for about 20- 30 minutes.
- Reapply this remedy 2-3 times daily for the best results.
If you want to discover other natural home remedies for jock itch in males and females, you should keep reading this entire article and then try to apply any of these natural remedies as soon as possible.
13. Baking Soda
Baking soda contains soothing properties. It also helps rebalance the pH levels of your affected area, and simultaneously reduce the infection. Besides, baking soda contains antifungal properties, so it can be used to treat the infection effectively.
- Mix 1-2 tbsp. of baking soda and water to make a thick paste
- Then, apply this paste on your affected area.
- Let it sit on for about 15 minutes
- After that, wash off the area and pat it dry.
- Repeat this home remedy twice a day.
14. Jasmine Oil
This is worth mentioning in this list of great home remedies for jock itch pain that you should try out! You can try mixing jasmine oil and orange oil and then apply this mixture on your affected skin area. Reapply this remedy daily to treat the inflammation and get an instant relief.
15. Peppermint Oil
When it comes to learning home remedies for jock itch in females and males, this essential oil may be one of your great solutions. According to a research , peppermint oil helps relieve the itchiness in your affected area. You just need to apply some peppermint oil onto your affected area. Repeat this remedy every morning after taking a bath.
16. Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit seed extract helps you get rid of the jock itch effectively and naturally. Even, you can use lotions and body washes made of grapefruit seed extract.
17. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Chamomile Oil
This is another great one among the best home remedies for jock itch in males and females that we want to mention in this article today. Chamomile oil contains anti-itching properties, making it a great solution for treating skin disorders. Simply, apply some chamomile oil on your affected area regularly.
18. Goldenseal Root
Goldenseal root helps improve the immunity and simultaneously treats infection without causing any side effects. Actually, goldenseal root is known as one of the best home remedies for jock itch that you should not look down.
19. Baby Powder
Another great one among home remedies for jock itch pain is to use baby powder. Baby powder helps keep your affected area dry. Especially, it is also gentle to the sensitive skin. Simply, use some baby powder regularly until this health problem has gone.
20. Herbal Extracts
These herbal extracts contain anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, making them great home remedies for the infection and jock itch symptoms. Simply, you just need to apply some lemongrass extract, witch hazel extract, calendula extract or grapefruit seed extract on your affected area. Reapply this remedy twice a day.
21. Lemon Juice
Other home remedies for jock itch in females and males that have been recommended by many sufferers must include lemon juice.
- Dilute 1 tsp. of lemon juice with 1 tsp. of water
- Then, apply this solution on your affected area using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for about 5 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat this remedy twice per day.
- Note: The lemon juice may sting a little due to its acidity.
22. Calamine Lotion
Calamine lotion helps soothe the skin and reduce the itching. To use calamine lotion for treating jock itch, you just need to clean the area and then apply some calamine lotion on your affected area.
There are some other home remedies for jock itch in females and males in this article. So, if you want to know more about these remedies, you should continue to read this interesting article.
23. Oatmeal And Epsom Salt Bath
In regard to learning home remedies for jock itch pain, you should consider try using this combination. Epsom salt can help absorb the excess moisture from your affected area while according to a study , oatmeal can help relieve the itchiness.
- Add 2 cups of oatmeal and 1 cup of Epsom salt to your warm bathwater.
- Then, add 12 drops of lavender oil to the bathwater
- Soak in this for 20 minutes before washing it off with plain water.
- Repeat this remedy daily for complete relief from jock itch.
24. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide contains antifungal properties, which can help relieve the stinging sensation caused by jock itch.
- Dilute 1 tsp. of hydrogen peroxide with 1 tsp. of water.
- Apply this mixture on your affected area using a cotton ball.
- Then, apply some petroleum jelly on top and let it sit on overnight.
- Repeat this remedy every night before you go to bed.
25. Essential Oil Mixture
Lavender, myrrh, and tea tree oils have powerful antimicrobial properties, which help kill the fungi causing jock itch, giving you relief from the burning sensation and itching.
- ¼ cup of neem oil
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 10 drops of myrrh oil
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- Mix all of these ingredients in a glass jar with a lid.
- Then, apply this mixture on your affected area twice a day.
Sunlight naturally kills off all the fungus and bacteria, making it a great one among natural home remedies for jock itch in males and females. Spending some time walking in the sunlight daily can help treat the symptoms of jock itch.
27. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Probiotics
This is another great one among home remedies for jock itch pain that you should not look down, yet try to take for good. Consuming a lot of cheese, yogurt, curd, as well as other dairy products can help improve the immune system, hence helping fight off the fungal infection.
28. Clean The Affected Area
This is the last but very important one among home remedies for jock itch in males and females that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers who are suffering from this problem to apply for good. Washing the affected area with cold water can help you prevent and treat the jock itch. Just ensure that you pat it dry using a towel after cleaning this area.
Other effective tips you should consider applying when it comes to treat the symptoms of jock itch:
- Have proper night’s sleep
- Have good personal hygiene, and take a bath regularly.
- Avoid taking a bath with hot water
- Clean the groin area using pH balanced cleansers
- Use separate towels for other body parts.
- Include more fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet
- Burn the extra calories
- Avoid any movement or physical activity that can make your problem worse.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes
- Avoid scratching the affected area
- Reduce the intake of alcohol, caffeine 
- Reduce the intake of chocolates, processed and sugary foods
After reading this interesting article, we hope that you are aware of the common causes and symptoms of jock itch and then find the home remedies that work best on your problem. If you have ever tried any of these home remedies or you know other effective home remedies for jock itch pain, feel free to share them with other readers right now by leaving your comments below.