In fact, dealing with the dark armpits is simple and easy. You can use the ingredients that are cheap and available in your kitchen instead of the expensive chemical products. In the today’s writing, Healthy Guide will share top 27 effective ways on how to get rid of dark underarms fast with you. There safe, natural and affordable ways can help you get the light armpits without side effects. But firstly, let take a look at what are dark underarms and causes of dark underarms in a week.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. What Are Dark Underarms?
Dark underarms are defined as the dark color of the skin in the underarms area in comparison with the remaining of the body. Even though dark underarm does not cause pain or itching, it is also one of the embarrassing issues faced when you wear your sleeveless top. This issue becomes more distressful with the fair people because this may be clearly visible on the fair skin.
II. What Are Causes Of Dark Underarms?
As mentioned above, the skin’s dark coloration in the armpits region can not be a medical condition or disease. However, you need to know the factors that trigger your dark underarms to be able to get rid of this skin problem. There are some the main causes of your dark underarms such as shaving, using hair removing creams containing chemicals, poor ventilation under the armpits, accumulated dead skin cells, pregnancy, and regular use of alcohol-based antiperspirants and deodorants. In addition, you can also think the dark skin area as the response of the skin to exposure to several elements. The exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun also contributes to the dark underarms.
III. How To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms?
Top 27 Natural Ways On How To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms Fast In A Week
The first of top 27 effective ways on how to get rid of dark underarms naturally is to use cucumbers. They have natural bleaching properties that have the ability to lighten discolored skin. Moreover, cucumbers help to deal with many health and beauty issues, including dark underarms.
Method 1: Cucumber slices
- You take a cucumber and cut it into many thin slices.
- Then you rub them onto your dark underarms.
- You allow these slices to sit on for several minutes.
- The solution should be repeated 1 or 2 times a day until you get the satisfied results.
- Alternately, you just apply the cucumber juice on your dark underarms. This also brings the same effect and helps you eliminate the dark skin.
Method 2: Cucumber, Turmeric, And Lemon Juice
While lemon plays a role as a bleaching agent, turmeric aids in preventing discoloration.
- You extract cucumber juice by squeezing crushed cucumber in a small bowl.
- Then you add an enough amount of lemon juice and turmeric to it.
- Now, you stir these ingredients well and apply it on your affected area.
- You keep it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it thoroughly with clean water.
- Remember following this daily or every two days.
See more: How To Remove Skin Tags Quickly
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is used as a homemade exfoliating scrub which is able to whiten your dark underarms. The wonderful scrub will assist in cleansing dead skin cells, thereby unclogging the blocked skin pores, which is the main causes of your dark underarms. By applying baking soda for underarms, you do not need to use chemically antiperspirants and laden deodorants which trigger dark armpits. It is also capable of exterminating bacteria and germs in order to provide odor free as well as whitened underarms.
- At the first procedure, you make a thick paste by mixing baking soda and water into a small bowl.
- Now, you scrub your underarms with this paste.
- Next, you rinse it off with water and pat dry your affected skin area thoroughly.
- Make sure you repeat this a couple of times a week to notice improvements.
- You can also apply a mixture including equal parts of cornstarch or baking soda to neutralize body odor naturally.
Learn more: How To Remove Dark Circles Under Eyes Naturally
3. Vitamin E Oil
As you may know, Vitamin E has a lot of beauty and health benefits. Its oil is also a helpful way on how to get rid of dark underarms naturally. Regular application of vitamin E oil on skin area under your arms can not only lighten the dark underarms but also make your skin smooth and soft.
- You get a vitamin E oil capsule and squeeze oil from it.
- Now, you rub a thin layer of the oil on your dark underarms and leave it on for a few minutes.
- Finish by rinsing it off with water and pat dry.
Read more: 53 Best Natural Home Remedies For Pimples
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also known as one of the best remedies for your dark underarms. Coconut oil is a great source of vitamin E which can help you lighten the underarms. In addition, it also acts as an excellent natural deodorant.
- You simply massage your underarms with coconut oil.
- You let it sit on for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with soap and warm water.
- Repeating the method two to three times a day can give you the desired results.
See more: List Of Natural Oils For Skin Care
5. Olive Oil
Just like coconut oil, olive oil also contains antioxidant and many other components which make your skin look beautiful. At the same time, they have the ability to brighten skin and prevent body odor.
- You make a mixture by adding 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of brown sugar to a bowl.
- Then you make the skin under your arms wet and apply this mixture.
- You let it sit on for 5 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- You should do this 2 times a week to eliminate the dark skin.
6. Almond Oil
Another excellent way on how to get rid of dark underarms naturally is almond oil. The oil is a great source of potent phytochemicals which aid in lightening and brightening your dark underarms in just a few applications. Apart from being natural bleaching agent, almond oil is high in vitamin E that can keep your rejuvenated.
- You simply apply several drops of almond oil on the dark skin under your arms.
- Then you start massaging these areas for 5 to 10 minutes.
- The easy solution should be followed every day for best results.
7. Tea Tree Oil
As you may know, tea tree oil is believed as a natural way on how to get rid of dark underarms fast. This is because it not only helps to lighten the dark skin but also keeps this area odor-free. In addition, this essential oil has antioxidants that are useful in maintaining your healthy skin. The antimicrobial properties in it will kill the microbes and deodorize the area.
- Firstly, you prepare a small spray bottle to make an underarm spray.
- Now, you pour a cup of water into the bottle and add 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Next, you shake it totally, spray the bottle on your underarms and leave it on for natural dry.
- You don’t forget to use this daily until your problem is solved.
Note: Being an essential oil, tea tree oil is highly concentrated and may cause reactions in some people. Therefore, you should test a patch before using it.
8. Castor Oil
One of the brilliant ways on how to get rid of dark underarms in a week to use castor oil. This magic oil is capable of absorbing all the impurities presenting on your skin and cleaning out your pores effectively. It will remove all the dirt, dead cells, and excess oil, thereby revealing lighter skin in the underarms. Besides, it is also a wonderful skin conditioner.
- You take 1 to 2 teaspoons of castor oil and gently rub the underarm area with it.
- You make this for about five minutes and then shower as usual.
- The method should be used every day to whiten underarms.
When it comes to the best ways on how to get rid of dark underarms in a week, you can use vinegar to deal with the skin problem. Regularly applying vinegar will not only assist in lightening the skin color but also kill germs as well as bacteria feeding on dead skin cells which cause underarm odor.
- You firstly make a thick paste by mixing rice flour with vinegar in a small bowl.
- After taking a bath, you apply this paste on the skin area under your arms.
- You leave the paste on to dry for about 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- You make sure repeating this a couple of times a week.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera plays an important role as a natural exfoliate that is good for your dark underarms. When you apply the gel of aloe Vera, it will provide antioxidants and moisture which are beneficial for cleaning our pits and making it soft. Moreover, the gel is helpful in soothing the redness and rashes due to shaving.
- You directly apply a small amount of aloe Vera gel on your armpits.
- You allow it to sit on for about 20 minutes.
- Finish by rinsing it off with warm water.
- You should repeat the process regularly to lighten your underarms.
11. Gram Flour
Gram flour, also called as besan is a great ingredient to whiten your armpits.
- You make a thick paste by mixing together 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 1 teaspoon each of yogurt and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Then you can add a small amount of turmeric powder to the bowl and stir these ingredients well.
- Now, you apply this thick paste on the area under your arms.
- You keep it on for about 30 to 45 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- You should apply this remedy regularly for two weeks to achieve the desired results.
If you are finding the safe and natural ways on how to get rid of dark underarms in a week, using potato is the perfect answer for you. It has mild acidic properties which work as a wonderful natural bleaching agent. You can apply the potato without skin irritation. Therefore, if you have the sensitive skin, you should include potato in your list for treating dark armpits.
Method 1: Potato Slices
- You take a medium sized potato and cut it into many thin slices.
- Then you rub one of them on your underarms for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with warm water.
Method 2: Potato Juice
- You can also get the potato juice by grating a potato and squeezing out its juice.
- Then you use a cotton ball or your fingers to apply the juice on your underarms.
- You let it sit on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- You use either of the remedies 2 times daily for faster and better results.
Lemon is also known as one of the excellent ways on how to get rid of dark underarms in a week thanks to its natural bleaching agent. Furthermore, it contains powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties which are beneficial for your skin. The acidic properties in lemon aid effectively not only in lightening skin including dark underarms and armpits but also in cleansing dead skin cells.
Method 1: Lemon Slices
- You firstly take a lemon and cut it into thick slices.
- Then you rub these slices on your dark underarms for a few minutes.
- Now, you allow the lemon juice to stay on your skin for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse it off with warm water thoroughly.
- You should repeat this daily to say goodbye to dark underarms.
Method 2: Lemon Juice, Yogurt, Honey, And Turmeric Powder
- You make a thick paste by mixing two tablespoons of lemon juice with 1/4 teaspoon each of yogurt, honey, and turmeric powder in a small bowl.
- Then you apply this paste to your dark underarms and start massaging for a few seconds.
- You leave it on for about 10 minutes before washing and drying the area.
- Make sure that you should follow this 3 times a week for maximum results.
Keep reading our article to discover more natural ways on how to get rid of dark underarms in a week!
14. Orange Peel
There are many effective ways on how to get rid of dark underarms naturally and orange peels are one of them. This is because they have exfoliating and bleaching properties. These properties can lighten the skin area under your arms, remove dead skin cells, and give your underarms smelling sweet thanks to the effects of orange itself.
- At the first procedure, you place a few orange peels under the sunlight for several days until they become dry out completely.
- Then you grind the dried peels to make the powder form.
- Now, in a bowl, you mix 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder with an enough amount of milk and rose water to make a paste.
- Next, you gently scrub the skin around underarms with this paste and keep it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finish by washing the area with cool water.
- The process should be applied 2 to 3 times a week.
Milk is rich in vitamins and fatty acids that work for removing your dark underarms quickly. Milk assists in softening your skin and rendering the skin tone lighter. In addition, when milk is mixed with curd or plain yogurt, the mixture with the additional lactic acid will help to lighten the skin, cleanse and bleach your skin.
Method 1: Milk, Gram Flour, And Plain Yogurt
- In a bowl, you add 2 teaspoons of cream milk with 1 tablespoon each of gram flour and plain yogurt to it.
- Then you stir these ingredients together well and apply this milk paste on your underarms.
- You keep it on for about 10 to 15 minutes and wash the area completely with cool water.
- Remember to repeat this 4 times a week to notice the improvements.
Method 2: Milk, Honey, Lime Juice (Or Turmeric)
- First of all, you put 1 teaspoon each of honey and milk in a bowl.
- Now, you add a few drops of lemon juice or a pinch of turmeric to the bowl.
- Then you stir them well and apply on your dark armpits.
- You let it dry naturally before rinsing it off with cool water and patting to dry.
- The solution should be repeated daily until your dark skin disappears.
Honey is believed as a magic natural home remedy for a lot of health and beauty ailments. Because honey contains an antibacterial property, it is able to kill the bacteria or germs causing dead skin cells, thereby whiten the dark underarms. It also has a soothing effect that gives you instant relief from irritation.
Method 1: Raw Honey
- You simply take a little honey and then apply it on your armpits.
- Now, you spread the honey evenly all over your underarms and allow it to dry completely.
- Finally, you rinse off with lukewarm water and repeat this amazing way on how to get rid of dark underarms to achieve the best results.
Method 2: Honey And Lemon Juice
- You make a mixture by adding 1 teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice to a small bowl.
- Then you stir well and apply this concoction to your armpits.
- You leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes before washing completely and patting dry.
Method 3: Honey And Sugar
- Firstly, you mix 2 teaspoons each of honey and sugar completely.
- Then you gently scrub this mixture under your arms and wash off with water.
- You should do this process 2 times a week until you whiten them.
Sandalwood is best known for the skin lightening properties and it can be used as an amazing natural remedy to remove dark underarms. For extra benefits, you can add rose water to it, which provides a softening and soothing effect on your skin and leave a sweet smell on the skin. Besides, the natural fragrance of sandalwood and rose water is capable of eliminating body odor caused by excess sweating.
Method 1: Sandalwood Powder And Rose Water
- Firstly, you combine two tablespoons of sandalwood powder with one tablespoon of rose water in a bowl.
- Now, you stir them well until it becomes a thick paste and then apply to your dark armpits.
- You allow it to sit on for about 15 minutes or dry naturally.
- Finish by rinsing it off with cold water and repeat daily to solve your skin problem.
Method 2: Sandalwood Powder, Gram Flour, Lemon Juice, And Milk
- The first step, you put 1 teaspoon each of milk, sandalwood powder, lemon juice, and gram flour in a bowl.
- Then you add a small amount of turmeric to it and stir these ingredients well.
- Next, you apply this to your armpits thoroughly.
- You wait for about 20 to 25 minutes before rinsing it with cool water.
- The method is the best if repeated regularly.
Another amazing way on how to get rid of dark underarms is to use yogurt. It is extremely beneficial for your skin. When you apply yogurt on the armpits, particularly with a combination of honey, this will rid impurities which are responsible for skin discoloration. Moreover, it has also the ability to neutralize the odor from the armpit area.
- You take 1 or 2 tablespoons of yogurt and then apply it to your armpits.
- Now, you rub the yogurt gently all over your dark armpits and leave it on for a few minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with clean water and repeat daily.
Applying mashed apple on your armpits is a natural and safe way on how to get rid of dark underarms, spots, and odors. Apples are rich in acidity and AHA that is able to kill germs and bacteria causing the darkening of your armpits. It is also helpful in exfoliating your skin.
- At the first step, you take 1 to 2 apples and then mash it properly.
- Now, you apply this on your affected area and massage the skin gently for a few minutes.
- You let it stay on for a couple of minutes before peeling off.
- Finally, you clear the area with a wet cloth and do the process 1 to 2 times a week.
Papayas are an abundance of enzymes. The enzymes have the ability to lighten your skin and eliminate pigmentation marks which are caused by bumps and scars under armpits.
- You take a small piece of papaya and directly rub it onto your armpits.
- Alternately, you just need to apply the papaya juice.
- You allow it to sit on for about 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing with water thoroughly.
- You continue this method repeatedly 3 to 4 times in a week to get rid of the darkness in your armpits.
21. Egg Oil
Egg oil also has been known as one of top 27 ways on how to get rid of dark underarms thanks to its omega-3 content. Omega-3 is very good for your skin by helping to promote the process of the re-epithelisation and form new skin cells. This will make your skin become light and smooth.
- You take an enough amount of egg oil to apply it on the dark area under your armpits.
- Next, you start massaging it gently for a few minutes and keep it on overnight.
- Then you wash it off with body wash or pH balanced soap and water in the next morning.
- You should do this daily to remove the dark underarms.
22. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another of the best-known effective ways on how to get rid of dark underarms is apple cider vinegar. It not only aids in lightening your skin in the region but also removes the bacterial growth thanks to its acidic properties. This will help to reduce the odor under your armpits as well.
Method 1: Apple Cider Vinegar
- You make a mixture by mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of water in a bowl.
- Then you rinse your underarm area with this liquid and leave it on for 5 minutes.
- You should take a shower regularly to lighten dark armpits.
Method 2: Apple Cider Vinegar With Rice Flour
- In a small bowl, you put 1 tablespoon of rice flour and 2 tablespoons of vinegar in it.
- Then you mix these ingredients together to make a thick paste.
- You take a shower with hot water before applying this paste on your armpits.
- Now, you wait for 15 minutes or so so that the paste dries.
- Finish by rinsing it off with warm water.
- This remedy should be repeated at least 3 times a week to get the best results.
Method 3: Apple Cider Vinegar With Baking Soda
- You also add 1 teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and baking soda to a bowl.
- Then you mix them well to make a bubbling and frothy mixture.
- Now, you wait until the bubbles pop before applying the mixture to your armpits.
- You leave it on for about 15 minutes so that the paste becomes dry.
- Finally, you wash off this paste with warm water and do the solution every day to lighten your underarm skin.
23. Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil is also used to get rid of dark underarms. The oil has whitening and moisturizing properties which are capable of making your skin look radiant. In addition, the oil is a plenty of vitamin E which assists in keeping your skin fresh and glowing. It can also improve circulation to the area that it is applied on.
- You simply take a small amount of sunflower oil and then apply this oil on your dark armpits.
- You allow it to sit on so that it can do its work.
- This process is the best if it is applied 2 times a day.
Rose water has a ton of skin benefits. It can help your skin brighten, soothe, moisturize, balance the pH of the skin, and stimulate circulation. This is why rose water is the beauty product that is indispensable for every girl.
- You make a thick paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of baking soda with an enough amount of rose water.
- Then you directly apply it on your underarms.
- Next, you keep it on for 5 to 7 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- The remedy works well if it is done 2 times a week.
One of the simple and easy ways on how to get rid of dark underarms is to use turmeric. It can not only lighten and brighten up your skin tone but also fade away spots. Hence, regular application of turmeric on your underarms will definitely remove the dark skin.
- You make a paste by mix one each teaspoon of turmeric powder, milk and honey (optional) in a bowl.
- Then you directly apply the paste on your underarms.
- Now, you wait for about 10 to 12 minutes to dry.
- Finish by rinsing it off with water and do the process 2 times a week for satisfied results.
26. Multani Mitti
Multani mitti also called as Fuller’s Earth is a natural clay which is very beneficial in absorbing impurities from the skin. At the same time, it helps to decongest all clogged pores. Moreover, it also aids in cleaning the dead skin cells, thus leading to removing the darkness of the underarms.
- You firstly put 2 tablespoons of multani mitti powder in a small bowl.
- Then you add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and an enough amount of water to the bowl including the multani mitti powder.
- Now, you mix these ingredients together completely to make a smooth paste.
- Next, you apply this directly on your underarms and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- The multani mitti pack should be applied 2 times a week.
The last of the top 27 effective ways on how to get rid of dark underarms is alum. This is because it is capable of disinfecting the skin and also balancing the pH of the skin. Alum assists in eliminating all the harmful microbes which are responsible for sweating and itchiness causing dark armpits. This is why alum is an excellent remedy you should try.
- You also make a paste by mixing 1 to 2 teaspoons of alum powder with a little water.
- Then you apply it on the skin area under your arms.
- You leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes before you take a bath.
- You shower as usual and continue using this remedy 1 to 2 times a week.
Apart from top 27 wonderful ways on how to get rid of dark underarms above, you should try to follow these additional tips that can assist in solving the skin problem.
- You stop shaving and start waxing because shaving can thicken the hair and cause discoloration under your arms. On the other hand, waxing aids in removing the hair roots and cleaning accumulated dead cells. This will leave softer and lighter skin. If your skin is sensitive, you should ask a beautician to use proper herbal wax or special formulation that is made for sensitive skin.
- Make sure that you avoid using hair removal creams. As they contain harsh chemicals, applying them can lead to rashes, irritation, itching, and many other skin disorders. Therefore, it is better that you should replace them with waxing.
- Do not use deodorants because they have chemicals responsible for dark underarms. Instead of, you can apply natural antiperspirants and deodorants that include coconut oil, rose water, or baking soda.
- You remember to take a bath regularly. If the weather becomes hot, be sure that you bathe more often. This is because neglecting bath may contribute to the accumulation of bacteria leading to sweat and pigmentation. The simple way is to mix a few drops of citrus oil to the bathing water to get a heavenly smell and prevent dark discoloration under your skin.
- You need to control your weight because fat can be accumulated under your arms and rubbing against your clothes will result in dark discoloration under your arms.
- You do not wear tight clothes, particularly synthetic ones so that the skin breathes easily. The tight and synthetic clothes cause friction, trap the sweat inside that helps bacteria grow and rashes. Hence, wearing cotton or skin-friendly clothing is the best choice. Note that the clothing is loose enough in order to provide room for air flow.
- You should exfoliate regularly. This will be beneficial in removing the dead skin cells which cause dark spots and bumps. However, be careful when you exfoliate as the skin under the arms is very delicate and harsh exfoliation may lead to rashes and scars.
- You can also use a pumice stone that is light-weight, and abrasive for exfoliation. You make it wet and gently scrub it on the underarm area.
- Since oral contraceptives may also trigger discoloration, the best way is to stop taking pills to find out what the reason is. You do not use it for a time period and see whether the condition improves.
That is all. Thank you for reading carefully. We hope that this writing has useful information to help you get rid of dark underarms. Note that if you apply any mentioned ways in a certain time period but do not see the improvements, you should need to consult a doctor as soon as possible to get the proper diagnosis and treatment. This is because the dark underarms can be caused by other factors such as diabetes, hypergydrosis, pituitary gland disorders, aacanthosis nigricans, Addison’s disease, growth hormone therapy, hypothyroidism.
Apart from how to get rid of dark underarms, we suggest you read another article about how to remove skin tags quickly which is published in our Skin Care page. Owning a perfect skin without tags is a dream of all women. This writing includes 15 natural ways to help you remove all tags on your skin with natural homemade ways. Hence, let read it if you have free time and do not forget to share it with your friends. Thanks for supporting us!