I. What Is Eczema?
Eczema is a very popular chronic skin disorder. It has the effects on about 34 million Americans. The skin disease can occur in people at any age, but it is more popular among infants than adults.
II. Symptoms Of Eczema
There are several typical symptoms of eczema including dry skin, swelling, redness, blisters, flaking, crusted sores, cracking, and constant itching. It may affect different body parts such as the face, neck, upper chest, hands, back of the knees, and ankles.
III. Causes Of Eczema
The certain cause of eczema has been unknown, but it may be due to the combination of environmental and genetic factors. These factors include environmental irritants, sweating, allergies, and emotional stress .etc. Eczema outbreaks can be acute or chronic.
IV. How To Get Rid Of Eczema Rash And Scars
If not treated in time, eczema may cause much discomfort and negatively affect your life. There are many medicines that are available in the market. However, some contain chemicals and can aggravate symptoms actually. Therefore, for many people, simple and natural remedies may be a better option for treating eczema.
In the today’s writing, Healthyguide.com will introduce top 23 effective ways on how to get rid of eczema on hands and on legs to you. Read it carefully and you will find out useful information to get the solution that solves your problem.
Top 24 Natural Ways On How To Get Rid Of Eczema Scars And Rash Fast And Naturally
The first of top 24 effective ways on how to get rid of eczema on feet, arms, hands, and legs is cucumbers. They contain both of cooling and refreshing properties that make them one of the best home remedies to fight against the inflammation and redness in your skin. Moreover, their high water content with the powerful anti-inflammatory properties have the ability to heal eczema.
- You take a cucumber and cut it into several thin slices.
- Then you soak them in cool water for at least 2 hours. Now, you strain this liquid and directly apply it on your affected skin.
- You leave it to dry on its own before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- You should repeat a couple of times a day for 2 months to get the best results.
- You firstly cut a cucumber into thin slices and place them in your refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Then you take them out the refrigerator and put these cool cucumber slices on your affected skin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remember to do this a few times a day for several months or until your problem is gone.
Another wonderful way on how to get rid of eczema on hands and on legs fast and other issues related to the skin is nutmeg. It contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation and soothe pain from eczema. Therefore, this is the main reason why nutmeg is one of the most common ingredients in many beauty products.
- You make a paste by mixing one tablespoon each of nutmeg powder and olive oil in a small bowl.
- After that, you apply this paste on your affected area, and let it dry on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse it off with clean water and enjoy the difference.
- You can mix equal amounts of nutmeg, cinnamon, and honey to create a paste.
- Then you apply this paste directly on your affected areas, and allow it to sit on for 30 minutes.
- Finish by rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Note: You can apply either of the two treatments once a day for several weeks to heal your eczema completely.
Learn more: 9 Uses Of Castor Oil For Boils In Men And Women
Regular application of sandalwood is an amazing way on how to get rid of eczema on feet, arms, hands, and legs naturally at home you should know and apply. It has the soothing, cooling, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties which are beneficial in soothing irritated and dry skin. In addition, sandalwood is capable of clearing up eczema scars naturally.
- First of all, you make a thick paste by mixing equal parts of camphor and sandalwood powder with enough rose water or plain water in a bowl.
- Then you apply this paste on your affected skin.
- You wait for 10 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- The method should be repeated twice a day for a month to notice the improvements.
Chamomile is known as another popular way on how to get rid of eczema on legs and on hands. The magic herb is high in flavonoids which contains anti-inflammatory properties. The component helps to reduce itching, swelling, redness, and inflammation.
- You firstly add a tablespoon of chamomile flowers dried to a cup of boiling water.
- You let it steep for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then you strain and allow this solution to cool on its own.
- Now, you soak a piece of cloth in the liquid and put it on your affected skin for at least 10 minutes.
- Make sure that you apply this chamomile tea three times daily until symptoms subside.
- You can add several chamomile essential oil drops in a teaspoon of olive oil to a small bowl.
- Then you apply it directly on your affected area and start massaging gently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You should follow this at least 2 times daily until your problem is solved.
5. Epsom Salt
When it comes to the best ways on how to get rid of eczema on hands and on legs fast and naturally, using Epsom salt is always mentioned first. It is very good for treating serious skin conditions including eczema. The presence of magnesium sulfate in Epsom salt contains anti-inflammatory properties, which aid in reducing inflammation and relieving itching at the same time. Furthermore, Epsom salt is able to remove toxins quickly from your body. It also has the antimicrobial effect that assists in reducing the inflamed eczema lesions.
- You firstly prepare a bathtub filled with lukewarm water.
- Then you add 1 to 2 cups of Epsom salt to the bathtub.
- After that, you can add a little bit of lavender essential oil.
- Once this is done, you soak yourself in it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, you pat dry the skin and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- You should follow this three times a week to say goodbye to your eczema.
Note: If you have high blood pressure, heart problems, or diabetes, make sure you avoid using Epsom salt baths.
6. Aloe Vera
If you are finding the best ways on how to get rid of eczema on legs, arms, hands, and feet fast and naturally at home, applying aloe Vera is a perfect answer for you. This plant contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to soothe the itching and the burning sensation. Moreover, its antimicrobial properties have the ability to prevent further skin infection. Plus, aloe Vera also aids in hydrating your skin and keep this area moisturized.
- You take a fresh aloe leaf and extract the gel from it.
- Then you can also add several drops of vitamin E in the aloe gel.
- Now, you directly apply the gel on your affected skin.
- You leave it to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You should use this simple solution twice a day for a few weeks.
7. Slippery Elm
When it comes to the effective ways on how to get rid of eczema on arms, hands, feet, legs, and hands naturally, slippery elm is one of them. Thanks to the high mucilage content of slippery elm, it is capable of promoting the healing process and moisturizing your skin.
- You take 2 to 3 slippery elm leaves and wash them well.
- Then you crush them to make a fine paste.
- Now, you apply this paste onto your area affected by eczema
- You let it dry before washing off with water.
- The method should be done three times a day for a few weeks until your eczema disappears.
8. Indian Lilac (Neem)
Indian lilac also called as neem, is another wonderful remedy for eczema. According to studies highlighted that neem has analgesic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties which are useful in relieving eczema symptoms such as dryness, redness, swelling, and inflammation, and pain.
Besides, neem oil is a great source of vitamin E and essential fatty oils that help to keep your affected skin moisturized. In fact, both of neem oil and leaves can be used to cure eczema.
- You make a fine paste by grinding together a tablespoon each of neem leaves, turmeric root, and sesame in a bowl.
- Now, you apply it on your affected areas and allow it to dry.
- Finish by rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- You should use this treatment regularly for a few months.
- You can use neem oil to treat eczema by adding a few drops of the oil to warm bath water.
- Then you soak yourself in it for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, you pat dry the skin and apply some favorite moisturizer.
- This treatment should be used once daily for a couple of months to get the desired results.
An amazing herb that is used to make the natural way on how to get rid of eczema on hands and on legs is horsetail. It has anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial for easing the pain and itching caused by the rash. Furthermore, it is rich in silicon, an important compound promoting the collagen production, which will give your skin its muscular tone as well as elasticity and spread up the regeneration of new skin tissues. In addition, horsetail also assists in improving the strength, texture, and tone of the skin, and relieving itching, irritation, and inflammation linked to skin conditions like eczema.
- You boil some water in a pot and place a handful of dried horsetail in the pot.
- You continue boiling for about 15 minutes.
- Now, you allow the solution to cool and then dip a clean towel in the water.
- You wring the towel to remove excess water.
- Then you cover your affected skin area with the towel and let it sit on for 10 minutes.
- You can repeat this process 2 to 3 times each day to heal eczema.
Turmeric has been known for treating different skin disorders like eczema. In accordance with a study published in 2010 that turmeric along with other herbs, is useful in skin care thanks to its antioxidant qualities. In addition, turmeric is high in curcumin, the active ingredient that contains bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat inflammation as well as itching.
- You make a paste by mixing 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and enough amount of milk in a small bowl.
- Now, you apply this paste on your affected skin 2 times regularly until the itchiness and redness are gone.
- You can prepare a cup of hot water and add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to it.
- You allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- After that, you consume it or use it in order to rinse the affected area.
- You can repeat whichever method suitable for you at least 2 times a day to get relief.
11. Colloidal Oatmeal
Finely ground oatmeal also called as colloidal oatmeal is an effective way on how to get rid of eczema on arms, feet, hands, and legs naturally and fast at home. It contains anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating, and soothing properties which assist in easing itchiness and reducing pain. Furthermore, the components contain strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory materials. Plus, it provides your skin moisture.
- You prepare a bathtub filled with warm water and add 3 to 4 tablespoon of colloidal oatmeal to it. Then you soak yourself in it for about 20 minutes.
- Now, you pat dry your skin before applying a mild moisturizer.
- You can make a thick paste by adding 2 tablespoons of colloidal oatmeal and a tablespoon of cool milk to a small bowl.
- You apply this paste on your affected area and massage gently for a minute.
- You wait for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Remember that repeat either of the remedies 3 to 4 times a week for several months to say goodbye to eczema.
12. Coconut Oil
One of the most popular ways on how to get rid eczema is to use coconut oil. This is because it has antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties that are good for any kinds of skin problem. Also, it is a great source of vitamins and nutrients like lauric acid, vitamins E and K. All of them help to combat itchiness and calm the skin. For maximum benefits, you should use cold-pressed, unrefined, and virgin coconut oil.
- You simply apply coconut oil directly on your affected skin a few times each day to get complete relief from itching or pain.
- You can continue applying this until the symptoms are gone totally.
- Also, you can consume the coconut oil or include it in your foods or drinks.
13. Tea Tree Oil
Regular application of tea tree oil is also an amazing way on how to get rid of eczema on arms, feet, hands, and legs naturally at home should be mentioned in the list of the useful home remedies for eczema, too. Why is it a useful home remedy? The oil is capable softening the plaques and relieving the itching. This is the main reason why tea tree oil is used as the effective home remedy for eczema.
- In a small bowl, you add a couple of drops of tea tree oil and a few drops of olive oil to it.
- Then you mix these ingredients well together.
- Now, you rub the mixture gently to your affected area.
- Make sure to do this process three times a day frequently until your eczema goes away.
Calendula is also one of the best ways on how to get rid of eczema on arms, feet, hands, and legs thanks to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and soothing properties. They have the ability to decrease the redness and discomfort easily and quickly.
- You firstly add a couple of teaspoons of calendula flower to a cup of hot water.
- Then you let it steep for a few minutes.
- By soaking the fabric in the solution, you apply it to the skin containing eczema.
- Note that you use it 2 times daily until your eczema disappears.
- Besides, you can use the calendula cream available in the market every day to notice the improvement.
Carrot – one of the popular ingredients in the kitchen – is also one of the impressive ways on how to get rid of eczema fast and naturally. Carrots are high in vitamin A, which is helpful in soothing from itching and swelling, thereby treating eczema.
- First of all, you take 2 carrots, peel and cut them into many small slices.
- Now, you boil and crush them to make a paste.
- After that, you directly apply to your affected skin areas.
- You let it dry for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with cold water
- You can keep doing this method once on daily basis to get the healthy skin.
Use PEAS and YOGURT:
To use Home Remedies to Heal Eczema the best ingredients, you can use it yogurt and peas that can grow the production of mucus and defends immune system.
- First, take some of the peas and one cup of yogurt
- Mix them well to make thicker paste
- Apply it on the affected skin and leave for 25 minutes to soak
- Wash it using hot water
- Continue doing this one time in one day
Using honey daily can make you satisfied. Honey offers an excellent relief because it contains both of antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties give your skin cells a new life and repair damaged skin at the same time, which makes it the perfect option to fight against your eczema. Particularly, if you are sensitive skin, you can use honey to treat eczema without any worry.
- Firstly, you wash your affected area with water and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Then you apply a layer of honey on it and cover it with a clean cloth or a bandage
- You leave it for about 35 minutes before washing it off with using cool water.
- Make sure to use this treatment 3 times every day to feel the difference.
One of the top 24 wonderful ways on how to get rid of eczema on legs, arms, hands, and feet fast at home is nutmeg. It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties which assist in reducing inflammation and easing pain from eczema. This is the main reason why nutmeg is popularly used in beauty products. You can use a cheese grater to ground whole fresh nutmegs to get powder form.
- You make a thick paste by mixing a tablespoon of nutmeg powder and a teaspoon of olive oil in a bowl.
- Then you apply the paste on your affected area and keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finish by rinsing it off with cold water.
- You firstly mix equal amounts of nutmeg, honey, and cinnamon to make a paste.
- Now, you directly apply this paste on your affected areas and let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You can repeat either of these treatments one time daily for a couple of weeks to heal your eczema completely.
18. Green Clay
Green clay contains a good amount of magnesium, calcium, and many more minerals which can bring instant relief from the pain and inflammation on the skin. Therefore, applying green clay can treat eczema effectively.
- In a small bowl, you add 2 cups of green clay along with a little witch hazel to it.
- Then you mix them well until you get a thick paste.
- Now, you apply the paste on your affected skin area and allow it to soak for several minutes.
- Finish by washing it off with cool water and keep doing this solution 2 times each day to get the satisfied results.
19. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a plenty of riboflavin, mineral salts, enzymes, vitamins, pectin, fiber, and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, sodium, calcium, iron, and sulfur that are able to boost up your immune system and detoxify the toxins from your body, thus leading to treating eczema quickly. It also aids in balancing the pH level of the skin to reduce and prevent dryness, itching, irritation and many other discomforts caused by eczema. Moreover, apple cider vinegar is filled with acetic, lactic, and malic acids which exhibit antibacterial, antiseptic, and antifungal properties good for combating skin infections as well as dry skin.
- You add equal parts of apple cider vinegar along with water in a small bowl.
- Then you stir well and directly apply it on your eczema affected skin areas by using a clean cotton ball.
- Now, you allow it to dry completely and do not need to wash it off with water.
- You should apply the same process 2 times daily until you get complete relief from eczema.
- You add 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar and a little bit of baking soda to a glass.
- Next, you pour enough amount of water into the glass and add some honey to it.
- You stir and drink the oral solution once a daily basis to get instant relief from your skin eczema.
- You can follow the same method regularly for getting faster results.
20. Shea Butter
If you are finding the easy and simple ways on how to get rid of eczema scars and rash fast and naturally on legs and on hands at home without having to make use of any medical interventions, shea butter is a suitable answer for you. Shea butter contains non-saponifiable fatty acids, particularly stearic and oleic which are able to heal, recover or soften your damaged skin and reduce the inflammatory causing eczema.
- You melt down about 2 tablespoons of beeswax and 4 tablespoons of jojoba completely in a double boiler.
- Then you add 6 tablespoons of coconut oil and melt the mixture again.
- Now, you lower the heat slightly, add 2 tablespoons of Shea butter and stir until the mixture is also melted.
- Next, you pour the solution into an airtight container or glass jar, cover it and let it cool.
- Before using it, you can add a little bit of lavender essential oil and stir and then apply it onto your affected skin area.
- You do this each day 2 to 3 times until your eczema is treated.
21. Castor Oil
Castor oil has been known as one of the excellent ways on how to get rid of eczema rash and scars fast and naturally on legs and on hands and you should know about it clearly and carefully before making use of it to cure your own eczema case. It is beneficial for all kinds of skin, particularly damaged skin. Castor oil is useful in reducing inflammation, hydrating and moisturizing, relieving pain, and can even heal skin infection. In addition, the oil has the anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial effects, which make it ideal for the symptoms and signs of eczema.
- You simply apply a sufficient amount of castor oil on your skin region affected by eczema.
- You allow it to sit on for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with warm water and then apply again after some time.
Jojoba oil is also mentioned in the list of top 24 ways on how to get rid of eczema fast and naturally on legs and on hands without having to use any type of creams or lotions. It contains Vitamin E compounds and many other minerals that are capable of promoting healthy skin. Furthermore, these minerals play an important role in helping to prevent any damaging influences of free radical causing chronic diseases and cancer. Plus, the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties in jojoba oil help to fight against bad bacteria and fungi on your skin.
- First of all, you wash your hands and pat them dry.
- By using your hands, you apply jojoba oil to the regions of your skin caused by eczema.
- Then you start rubbing it in gently so that it is given time in order to absorb into your tissues.
- To have the most optimal results, you should apply the process three times a day at your discretion or whenever you need.
23. Witch Hazel
Another brilliant way on how to get rid of eczema scars and rash fast on legs and on hands is to use witch hazel. It is packed with powerful astringent and healing properties which are very useful for skin care and various skin problems. In addition, the anti-inflammatory properties in witch hazel make it an amazing treatment for chronic skin diseases. Applying witch hazel directly to your skin will help to reduce swelling, recover broken skin, and fight bacteria.
- You prepare a bathtub filled with warm water and then add a few drops of witch hazel to the water.
- Now, you soak yourself into it and enjoy the comfortable feel that it brings.
- You do this regularly to get the best effects.
The last of the top 24 ways on how to get rid of eczema fast and naturally at home is to apply cornstarch. The natural compounds in cornstarch assist in protecting your skin from harm factors, keep the skin healthy. It is also helpful in treat eczema.
- You mix enough qualities of grapeseed oil or olive oil with several tablespoons of cornstarch well to make a paste.
- After that, you apply this paste on your affected area and keep it on for 20 minutes
- Next, you wash it off with lukewarm water and wipe with a towel to dry.
- Finally, you can apply some moisturizer as needed.
- The remedy should be followed 2 times each day for a few weeks until your eczema is healed completely.
In many cases, preventing and controlling the symptoms of eczema may be easier than curing eczema. Therefore, along with the mentioned ways on how to get rid of eczema on feet, arms, hands, and legs fast below, you should know these tips as follows:
- Make sure that you change the diet plans often time
- To lower stress level, you should try to do yoga or get sleep.
- Remember to drink 8 glasses of water throughout a day because you can keep the skin hydrated.
- Take warm showers regularly.
- Avoid scratching the skin as bad bacteria can spread on the body fast.
- You should eat healthy foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables
- Limit the use of mild shampoos and soaps which contain alcohol.
- You can use the humidifiers to refresh the air.
- Do not wear scratchy, tight, rough, or fitting clothes.
- You can use the cool compresses to control the itching.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine. Instead of drink much water and juice from fruits as well as vegetables.
Thank you for reading the writing about top 24 effective ways on how to get rid of eczema on feet, arms, hands, and legs naturally at home. We hope that you can learn how to apply the best home remedies to deal with your problem easily and quickly. Nevertheless, the writing is only the reference information, so you should consult your doctor to have the advice before trying to apply any way to treat eczema. If you know other home treatments for eczema or have any question, please share them with us below.
Apart from eczema, psoriasis is also another common skin problem which regularly causes an uncomfortable sensation in your skin. Thus, we suggest you discover another interesting topic about how to treat psoriasis effectively in men and women. This article consists of 14 natural tips to help you deal with this skin condition easily. Also, if you want to get more articles about various skin and health conditions and diseases, freely access our main How to page. You are welcome!