Spider veins are dilated blood vessels on the skin surface or mucus membranes and they often look like spider webs. This skin problem often occurs on the hands, legs and face, especially around the cheeks, nose and chin. Although they are harmless, in some cases, they can cause signs and symptoms like pain, swelling, itching and rashes around the veins. In some cases, they can lead to complications like bleeding, skin ulcers, phlebitis as well as deep vein thrombosis. If you are looking for natural ways to help you get rid of these ugly veins, this article may be helpful.
- 14 Tips How To Treat Psoriasis On Face, Hand, Scalp, Ears, & Eyelids Fast/ 15 Tips How To Remove Skin Tags Quickly On Face And Body
List Of Home Remedies For How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins:
If you are suffering from spider veins, you should not feel worried because in most cases, these veins are not harmful. But, if you want to get rid of these spider veins using natural ingredients, you should spend time reading this interesting article right now. Here is our article about natural ways for spider veins relief which will show you how to get rid of spider veins on face and body’s parts step-by-step. Take a look at Healthy Guide!
I. Causes Of Spider Veins
You can develop this skin condition due to weakened valves in the veins. These damaged valves cause the veins to swell and affect your normal blood circulation. Some factors that are responsible for this skin problem include:
- Poor blood circulation
- A history of blood clots
- Hormonal changes in the body
- Taking birth control pills
- Wearing tight clothes
- Sitting or standing for a long period of time
- Over-exposure to harmful ultraviolet sunrays.
List of 20 Tips How To Get Rid Of Sunburn Blisters On Nose, Face, Lips, & Skin Fast will show you some of the best tips that can help you treat sunburn blisters on face, nose, lips and skin, so check it out!
II. How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins Naturally At Home
Many people opt for lifestyle changes and natural treatments to reduce the occurrence of spider veins, improve blood circulation, and simultaneously prevent a recurrence of this skin condition. Just keep in mind that you should consult a doctor if these veins are very painful and tender.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This should be the first way on how to get rid of spider veins on legs that we want to mention in this article. Apple cider vinegar has been known as a natural treatment for spider veins. It helps improve blood circulation, hence helping reduce pain and swelling.
- Mix 2 tsp. of unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a cup of water
- Stir it well and add some raw honey for taste
- Drink this solution twice daily.
- Use unfiltered apple cider vinegar to saturate a piece of cloth.
- Then, place this cloth on your affected skin area for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy 2-3 times per day for a couple of days.
Note: Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, so you should do a patch test before applying it on your skin.
2. How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins Naturally At Home – Castor Oil
If you are unsure about how to get rid of spider veins on chest and face, then you can take advantage of castor oil. The anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil can help in treating the inflamed veins and improving blood flow.
- Apply some castor oil directly to your affected skin areas.
- Leave it on for about 20- 30 minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy 2- 3 times per day.
Read on 9 Uses Of Castor Oil For Boils In Men And Women to discover some of the simple yet effective ways to use castor oil for boils in both men and women.
3. Grapeseed Extract
The seeds of black or red grapes are rich in bioflavonoids, which are proven to reduce the appearance of spider veins by increasing the blood circulation while relieving inflammation. Consume 720mg of grapeseed extract supplement in the form of liquid or capsule on a daily basis for better results.
According to a study , turmeric offers many benefits for health and beauty. It contains powerful antioxidants, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties can help treat and reduce the spider vein symptoms.
- Add 1 tsp. of powdered turmeric to a glass of warm milk
- Then, consume it on a daily basis for best results
- Alternatively, mix turmeric with some water and then apply it onto your affected skin area.
5. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper can be used to treat spider veins as well as other skin problems related to poor blood circulation. The compound called capsaicin found in cayenne pepper can help promote blood circulation and simultaneously reduce the pain and swelling.
- Mix 1 tsp. of powdered cayenne pepper in a cup of boiling water
- Mix it well and then consume it twice daily.
- Alternatively, add cayenne pepper to your daily cooking or take cayenne pepper supplement after consulting a doctor.
- Also, apply cream or gel containing compound capsaicin on your affected area if needed.
- Note: Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not consume cayenne pepper.
6. Coconut Oil
If you are looking for 100% certain way on how to get rid of spider veins on face, then you do not skip coconut oil. Actually, coconut oil contains powerful antioxidants, which help increase blood circulation, and give you a relief from spider vein symptoms.
- Warm up some coconut oil by rubbing it between the hands.
- Then, massage your affected skin area with the warm coconut oil.
- Continue massaging it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy daily for the best results.
If you want to know some of the best ways to relieve burns and cuts on face and hands with the help of coconut oil, read on Top 7 Simple Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Burns And Cuts On Face And Hands
Being rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, ginger helps increase blood flow, making it a great solution for spider veins.
- Firstly, cut a fresh ginger root into some thin pieces.
- Place these ginger slices into 2 cups of hot water.
- Simmer it over low heat for about 10 minutes
- After that, strain the tea and add some honey before drinking it warm.
- Consume this ginger tea 2-3 times daily.
- Note: If you are talking drugs for blood pressure or blood thinners, you should consult a doctor before applying this home remedy.
8. Massage Regularly
Massaging regularly your affected skin area is another simple way on how to get rid of spider veins. It can improve blood circulation and simultaneously reduce inflammation and pain of your affected veins. It is recommended that you should use extra-virgin coconut oil or olive oil when massaging thanks to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Besides, these oils can also penetrate deep into your skin quickly.
- Firstly, warm up coconut oil or olive oil in a microwave.
- Massage your affected veins with this warm oil in firm yet gentle circle motions for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times daily.
To know some of the best ways to treat acne skin and scars with the help of olive oil, read on 19 Ways To Use Olive Oil For Acne Skin & Scars Treatment On Face
9. How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins On Skin – Green Tea
Green tea contains many powerful antioxidants, making it a great treatment for many ailments, including spider veins. Actually, it can help relieve inflammation and simultaneously strengthen the vein walls.
- Boil a handful of green tea leaves in the sufficient amount of water.
- Then, add a little bit of honey for flavor and consume it immediately.
- Drink 2 cups of green tea on a daily basis.
10. Green Tomatoes
Tomatoes have great flavor, and they also offer many health and beauty benefits. You can use green tomatoes to reduce the appearance of spider veins by increasing blood circulation to your affected body’s areas. This is because green tomatoes contain an acidic substance that works as an anticoagulant to improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation as well.
- Wash some green tomatoes and cut them into rings
- Then, place these rings on your affected skin areas and wrap it with a bandage.
- Leave it on until you feel tingled in the covered area.
- Now, remove the bandage and then wash off the affected skin with water.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times per day for quick recovery.
Arnica is very helpful in reducing the discomfort and pain of spider veins. According to a research about home remedies for swelling , arnica contains some compounds that have been found to reduce pain, inflammation and swelling. Simply, you just need to apply a gel or cream containing arnica on your affected skin area 2-3 times per day. Alternatively, you can take arnica in pill form after consulting your doctor.
12. Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo biloba can be used to treat many ailments thanks to its active ingredients, which can help strengthen the vein walls’ tissues. Besides, you can use this herb to improve blood circulation as well as treat spider veins. You just need to consume 40mg of ginkgo extract supplements 3 times per day.
If you want to know how to get rid of spider veins on ankles and legs by using natural ingredients, you do not forget guava. Consuming guavas regularly can help reduce the appearance of spider veins. This is because guava is rich in vitamins C and K, which can help enhance the blood vessels and increase the blood circulation to the tissues.
The vitamin C found in oranges is very effective in treating the spider veins. Vitamin C helps improve the blood circulation and enhance the blood vessels. Actually, it works as a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the tissues from damage. Therefore, you should include plenty of oranges to your daily diet plan.
Marigold is packed with flavonoids and triterpenes, which are effective in reducing the appearance of spider veins.
- Wash a handful of marigold flowers thoroughly.
- Then, crush them until you get a fine paste.
- Apply this fine paste onto your veins and let it sit on for overnight.
- After that, rinse it off the next morning.
- Repeat this process until you achieve your desired results.
- Chop 2 handfuls of marigold flowers, leaves and stems.
- At the same time, heat 500 g of lard in a pan.
- Then, add marigold to the pan and mix them well.
- Remove the pan from heat and cap it.
- Allow it to sit on for one day.
- After that, warm the mixture and use a cheesecloth to strain it.
- Transfer the ready ointment to a jar and apply this ointment 2- 3 times daily.
Do you want to discover other effective natural remedies for how to get rid of spider veins? If yes, you should keep both of your eyes on this interesting article and then consider applying any of these home remedies for good.
16. Epsom Salt
There is no wonder that Epsom salt does work when it comes to learning how to get rid of spider veins on chest, legs and ankles. Epsom salt is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that can help in treating spider veins.
- Add 2-3 cups of Epsom salt to your warm bathwater.
- Then, soak yourself in the bath for 30-40 minutes.
- Alternatively, pour a cup of Epsom salt into a basin filled with warm water and then soak your legs in it.
- Follow this remedy 3- 4 times a week.
- Note: Never ingest Epsom salt because it will be fatal to your health.
17. Fuller’s Earth Pack
This pack has been used to treat many skin-related problems for ages. Simply, you just need to mix 1-3 tbsp. of fuller’s earth with some water to create a smooth paste. Then, apply this paste to your affected skin area and let it sit on overnight. Rinse it off the next morning.
This is a great herb for reducing the appearance of spider veins. This is because it is loaded with antioxidants that help relieve the inflammation. The rosemary extracts can help purify the blood, and simultaneously increase the blood circulation.
19. How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins On Face, Nose, Legs, Chest, And Ankles – Horse Chestnut
The horse chestnut can help strengthen veins, making it an effective home remedy for spider veins as well as other venous problems. According to a study, this herb contains anti-swelling and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Add 1 tbsp. of horse chestnut tincture to 10 tbsp. of witch hazel.
- Then, apply this mixture to your affected skin area twice per day.
- Alternatively, apply horse chestnut seed gel on your affected skin area twice a day or take horse chestnut supplements after consulting your doctor.
- Note: The intake of horse chestnut is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women. Also, people with kidney or liver diseases or people who are taking drugs for blood thinning should avoid using this herb.
20. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile contains powerful properties that can help treat many neurological problems. Chamomile tea is rich in anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which are effective in treating spider veins.
- Boil chamomile tea extract with about a cup of water.
- Then, add a little bit of honey and then consume it immediately.
- Consume chamomile tea on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, soak a cloth in chamomile tea and then wrap it around the spider veins.
21. Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum essential oil is known as one of the best essential oils to treat spider veins. Simply, pour 2-4 drops of Helichrysum oil directly on the spider veins, and gently massage it. Alternatively, you can try combining a drop of helichrysum oil, a drop each of wintergreen oil and cypress oil, and 3-4 drops of basil oil. Then, use this oil mixture to massage your affected skin area. Repeat this process daily.
22. Lemon Juice And Baking Soda
Lemon juice offers many amazing benefits for health and beauty. It contains high vitamin C content and can be used as a natural blood purifier. Meanwhile, baking soda is alkaline and it is well-known for its neutralizing properties. The combination of lemon juice and baking soda can help treat and reduce the appearance of spider veins.
- Firstly, mix 1-2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice with some water
- To this, add 1/8 tsp. of baking soda
- When the fizz goes down, consume this solution.
- Consume 2-3 glasses of this solution daily for a quick recovery.
- Alternatively, apply fresh lemon juice onto your affected skin areas
23. Witch Hazel
Another natural way on how to get rid of spider veins on nose and face is using witch hazel. The anti-inflammatory properties of witch hazel can help you reduce the inflammation and swelling caused by spider veins, hence helping reduce their appearance.
- Firstly, soak a cotton pad in some witch hazel.
- Apply it directly on your affected skin areas
- Let it sit on for about 20-30 minutes
- Repeat this home remedy 2- 3 times daily.
- Note: For added benefits, drink witch hazel tea on a daily basis.
24. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is well known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which help treat spider veins and simultaneously reduce the inflammation and discomfort related to this skin condition. Therefore, if you want to treat spider veins as well as other skin problems using essential oils, you should consider including tea tree oil in your skincare routine. You just need to take some tea tree oil and then massage it onto your affected skin areas. Reapply this daily for the best results.
25. Butcher’s Broom
Butcher’s broom extract can help reduce the appearance of spider veins by constricting the veins. You can take 300mg of these supplements 3 times per day. Alternatively, make tea from this herb and consume 1-2 cups of this tea daily. To make the tea, add 1 tsp. of chopped broom root to a cup of hot water. Then, simmer it for a few minutes, strain and drink it.
26. Pine Bark
When it comes to learning how to get rid of spider veins, pine bark is a really amazing treatment for spider veins. This herb can help repair tissues in the body and simultaneously improve blood circulation.
- Wash a fresh pine tree bark and let it stay wet.
- Then, add pine bark to 8 cups of boiling water and cover it.
- Bring it to a boil until it reduces ½ of its original quantity.
- After that, strain the hot liquid with the help of a cheesecloth.
- Store this liquid in another bowl while leaving the bark in the pot.
- Add about 4 cups of water to your used pine bark.
- Bring it to a boil once again until it reduces ½ of its quantity.
- Next, use the cheesecloth to strain it, and mix it with your previously stored liquid.
- Now, boil the solution again and simmer it until it just remains about ¼ cup.
- Allow this liquid to cool down and store it in a clean bottle.
- When using, apply it on your affected areas, 2-3 times daily.
- Alternatively, take 45-360mg of pine tree extract supplement daily or 50-100mg 3 times daily.
27. Gotu Kola
This herb can be used to reduce fatigue, pain, swelling, and spider veins. To prepare the gotu kola tea, mix 1 tsp. of gotu kola leaves in a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for about 10-15 minutes. After that, strain it and add 1 tsp. of honey for taste. Consume this tea 2- 3 times per day. Just take note that if you have any liver disease, consult a doctor before using the herb.
28. Japanese Pagoda Tree Extract
The Japanese pagoda tree extract has been used to treat spider veins for years. It was proven to increase the blood circulation as well as strengthen the veins. You can take Japanese pagoda tree extract applied topically or as a supplement. For the best results, use it on a daily basis.
29. How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins On Ankles, On Face, Nose, Legs, And Chest – Cabbage Poultice
This remedy is worth mentioning in this list of effective ways on how to get rid of spider ankles on ankles and legs due to its multiple benefits for skincare. According to a research about cabbage nutrition , cabbage is packed with many essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin B1, B2, A, C, K, E, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, phosphorus, sulfur and fiber.
- Wash some cabbage leaves thoroughly.
- Add some water and then chop them finely to create a paste.
- Then, apply this paste on your spider veins
- Use a clean cloth to wrap it up and wait for 2 hours before washing it off.
- Repeat this process 2- 3 times per day.
- Wash a large cabbage leaf thoroughly and then remove its rigid midrib.
- Then, place the leaf over your affected area.
- Let it sit on until the leaf gets dried.
- Repeat this process until you get a relief.
30. Saline Injections
Saline injection has been used to treat spider veins for years. Simply, inject a saline solution into your affected veins. This causes inflammation and blood clotting in your veins; therefore, the spider veins will lose their appearance.
Parsley is packed with vitamin C, which can help increase the collagen production and help with cell repair and reproduction. Besides, parsley also contains rutin, which can help strengrthen the capillaries, hence helping reduce spider vein symptoms.
- Boil some chopped fresh parsley in a cup of water for about 5 minutes.
- Then, remove it from the heat, cap it and allow it to cool down.
- Strain this solution before adding a drop each of marigold and rose essential oils.
- Store this solution in the fridge for a few minutes.
- After that, apply this solution to your affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
- Repeat this home remedy daily for a few months.
The hawthorn extract contains vitamin c, bioflavonoids, zinc, and sulfur that are effective in reducing the appearance of spider veins. You can take 200mg of this herb in the form of pill and tincture 3 times per day. Alternatively, you can drink 1- 2 cups of hawthorn tea. To prepare the tea, add 1 tsp. of hawthorn flowers to about ½ cup of hot water.
There are some other great ways on how to get rid of spider veins on nose, chest, legs and ankles in this article. So, you should continue to read the remaining of this article and then consider applying any of these home remedies for good.
33. Essential Oils Compress
Another natural way on how to get rid of spider veins on face is using essential oils compress, which is highly recommended by many people in the world.
- Mix 3 drops each of lavender oil, carrot seed oil and chamomile oil, and 1 tsp. of St. John’s wort tincture in a cup of water.
- Then, soak a soft cloth in this mixture and squeeze out the extra water.
- Apply this cloth on the spider veins, and let it sit on for 2-3 hours.
- Repeat this home remedy daily to get relief.
34. Mustard Oil
This essential oil can be used to strengthen the veins and increase the blood circulation. Simply, you just need to apply this essential oil onto your affected skin area twice a day. Actually, this is known as one of the best ways on how to get rid of spider veins on nose that you should not look down, yet consider applying as soon as possible.
35. Oak Bark Tea
According to a study about benefits of white oak bark , being rich in many essential minerals and vitamins, oak bark tea is well-known for its healing properties. It can help stabilize and strengthen veins, making it a great treatment for spider veins.
- Firstly, boil some oak bark tea extract in about a cup of water.
- Add a little bit of honey for flavor and then consume it immediately.
- Consume a cup of this tea daily for the best results.
- Alternatively, apply this tea to your affected skin area using a cloth compress.
36. Hot Or Cold Compress
The hot compress can help remove blood clots and cold compress can help minimize bruising and bleeding of spider veins. You just need to elevate your leg and then use a hot or cold compress on your affected area. Repeat this remedy as required. In fact, this is one of the best ways on how to get rid of spider veins on nose and face that you should try out!
37. How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins On Skin Naturally At Home – Bilberry
In regard to learning how to get rid of spider veins on chest, using bilberry seems lesser known by us. Bilberry extract can help enhance the capillary walls and stimulate the production of new capillaries. Simply, take 20- 40mg of bilberry 3 times per day.
If you have spider veins on your legs and hands, a great option for you to relieve the pressure in these affected veins is elevation. This method can help improve blood circulation to your affected area.
- For spider veins on your hands, place your hands on several stacked pillows for 15 minutes. Repeat this home remedy 4- 5 times daily.
- For spider veins on your legs, when you sleep, place a pillow under the legs. Also, keep your legs elevated for about 15 minutes. Repeat this home remedy a few times daily.
- For spider veins on face, sleep on your back with slightly elevated head. Your head should be a few inches above your body.
As we mentioned above, poor blood circulation is a common cause of spider veins. And, exercise can help increase blood circulation throughout your body, and simultaneously improve the strength of your veins. Besides, moderate daily exercise can help deal with obesity and lower the risk of developing other venous problems.
- Walk for at least half an hour, 5-6 times a week.
- Walk around for 10 minutes every 2- 3 hours.
- Raise yourself up on your feet and gradually lower your body back down for about 15 minutes. Repeat it several times a day.
- Perform circulation-boosting activities, such as swimming, jogging, and climbing stairs.
40. Compression Stockings
Compression Stockings can help improve your blood circulation by squeezing the legs the whole day. There is no need to have a prescription to wear them, but you should consult a doctor to know how long you need to wear compression stockings in order to reduce the appearance of these spider veins.
Compression stockings can improve blood circulation in your legs, but you need to wear them all day if you want to see noticeable results. Your legs can become hot and sweaty, and you need to replace these socks every 3-6 months.
41. Take A Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex
One of the best treatments for how to get rid of spider veins on chest that has been used for ages is taking a citrus bioflavonoid complex. Citrus Bioflavonoid complex contains rutin, hesperidin, and diosmin, which can help reduce the appearance of spider veins by enhancing the walls of veins. You can also have Citrus bioflavonoids from grapefruits and oranges.
42. Avoid Sitting Or Standing Too Much
Sitting or standing for long period of time can reduce blood circulation in your legs, hence causing blood to pool in the veins. Therefore, you should remember to change the position of your legs every half an hour.
43. Choose Loose Clothing And Low-Heeled Shoes
This is another great way on how to get rid of spider veins on chest, legs and ankles that you should not skip. Wearing tight clothing and high heels can make the blood find more difficult to pass through the veins. Therefore, you should avoid wearing tight clothes, especially those cutting off circulation around your legs, groin and waist.
44. Maintain A Healthy Diet
A healthy diet with plenty of fresh veggies and fruits can lower your salt levels and increase your fiber levels, hence stabilizing your blood pressure and simultaneously reducing the pressure on your veins. Besides, you should also follow a low-salt diet in order to reduce the swelling in your legs related to water retention . Also, you should consume more fiber-rich foods, such as rice and quinoa. Moreover, bioflavonoids found in kale, spinach, dark berries, garlic, and onions are also effective in keeping your veins healthy.
45. Avoid Smoking And Drinking Alcohol
This is the last but very important way on how to get rid of spider veins on face and other body’s parts that we want to mention in this article. Both alcohol and tobacco can cause high blood pressure. Therefore, you should try to cut down on them in order to reduce your spider veins.
Additional Tips When It Comes To Treat Spider Veins:
- Avoid crossing the legs while sitting.
- If you are overweight, lose your extra pounds and then try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Wear sunscreen before going out.
- Keep your body hydrated by consuming plenty of water throughout the day.
Spider veins can be treated by following some simple home remedies. Besides, following a healthy diet and keeping fit are also important. Nonetheless, if you have severe pain and discomfort, you should seek medical treatment because varicose veins can be the underlying issue.
Our article suggests some of the best ways on how to get rid of spider veins on face and other body’s parts without causing any unwanted side effects. We hope that you can choose the suitable home remedies for yourselves after reading our list. If you have any concerns about this article or you know other effective treatments for spider veins, feel free to leave your comments in the comment box below. We will try to reply as soon as possible. One more thing, if you want to know more about simple but effective health and beauty tips, remember to visit our How To Page.