Kidneys is the organ which is located in our upper abdominal area near the muscles of our back. If you notice pain in your back between your buttocks and your ribs, or even down your sides into the groin region, you are probably a victim of the kidney pain issue. Consult your doctor right after noticing the appearance of kidney pain because it could be the symptom of many other serious medical diseases. Learning ayurvedic home remedies for kidney pain relief must depend on the causes of the pain; and if the natural remedies cannot help, your doctor can make the best recommendations to improve your own case.
- 14 Ways How to Treat Stiff Neck Pain after Sleeping Fast & Naturally/ 25 Best Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel Pain in Fingers, Hands, & Thumb
Scores from the doctor’s tests will let you know strong your kidneys are now, and you can also need to take some other tests for kidney function. Unluckily, as many as half of those with kidney issues do not know they are at risks. Knowing your numbers can help you manage your own case and in turn you can avoid habits and activities which bring about any harm to your body.
Nonetheless, before learning some of the best ayurvedic home remedies for kidney pain in males and females, you need to know what this pain is, which causes the pain to develop and how to treat this pain with medication. Now, keep reading on Healthy Guide to know some important knowledge!
I. Kidney Pain Definition And Facts
- The kidneys are organs which are located in the upper abdominal region against the muscles of the back on both the right and left side of patients’ body.
- The purpose and function of the kidneys are to remove excessive fluids and residues from the body.
- Back pain and kidney pain could be hard to distinguish, but kidney pain is often higher and deeper in the back located under the ribs while back pain from injuries tends to be located in the lower position of the back.
- Trigger factors of kidney pain are majorly kidney stones and urinary tract infections. Nevertheless, there are a lot of other triggers of kidney pain, such as blunt and penetrating trauma that can lead to a “lacerated kidney.”
- If a woman has kidney pain during pregnancy, she should consult her doctor.
- Symptoms of kidney pain are:
- Flank pain
- Painful urination
- Kidney pain can be on the right, left, or both sides.
- Triggers of kidney pain are diagnosed with the patient’s physical examination, history, and lab tests, including urine, pregnancy, and blood tests. A MRI or CT scan of the pelvis and abdomen may be ordered.
- Cure for the trigger factor of kidney pain depends on the underlying trigger; However, in general, acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Motrin), or/and ketorolac (Toradol) are used for pain. Antibiotics are often necessary if the underlying trigger is bacterial infection.
- Some people can pass spontaneously a kidney stone that resolves kidney pain; nevertheless, other ones may have to take a surgery.
- Kidney pain could be prevented by avoiding those causes that are the underlying triggers of the kidney infection or/and damage.
- The prognosis for kidney pain victims depends on the trigger factors, and the vast of victims can get good result when treated appropriately and quickly.
II. Best Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Kidney Pain Relief
Here are some good things that help you deal with kidney pain at home without having to use any type of drugs, pills, or medications.
This is the single most important thing among the best home remedies for kidney pain in males and females that we would like to introduce in the entire article today. What you need to do to keep your body hydrated is to drink about 2 – 3 liters of water on a daily basis when your body is healthy. However, you may need to drink more if you have kidney stones. Water can help a lot in washing away dead tissues and bacteria from the kidney. Stagnant urine is an ideal medium for bacterial growth. By consuming a lot of water, you can create a continuous water flow through your kidney and in turn can prevent bacteria from developing and multiplying.
- A small kidney stone (<4mm) can be spontaneously passed with urine if the water flow is adequate.
- Avoid consuming too much tea, coffee, and cola – limit your consumption for each to 1 – 2 cups per day.
2. Home Remedies For Kidney Pain In Females And Males – Probiotics
Make certain you have the sufficient numbers of friendly bacteria called probiotics in the body’s intestines. Studies  have claimed that these microorganisms are good for digestive and overall health, and they also bring about a variety of other advantages. One of those involves supporting the kidneys in processing residues, as well as relieving the risks of having kidney stones.
A recent clinical trial conducted on patients with chronic kidney disease discovered that those taking probiotics saw improvement in the scores of kidney function tests as well as overall life quality.
3. Eat Less Meat
It would be good for you to limit the consumption of animal protein. Kidney stones are most commonly found in those consuming a great deal of meat on a regular basis. For good, you should consume less than 65 grams of animal protein every day, which is just a little more than 2 ounces. This is also one of the best home remedies for kidney pain in females and males that we would like to introduce in the entire article today!
4. Avoid Phosphorous
Another thing to do for reducing the kidney pain is to watch out the daily phosphorous intake. You may rarely hear about the mineral phosphorous as the deficiencies are not often noticed, particularly for anyone following the SAD (Standard American Diet). Therefore, phosphorous intake is becoming a concern, especially for kidneys.
This mineral is found in most food items, but prepared, processed foods and carbonated soft drinks are especially abundant in phosphorus. You just need 800 – 1,200 mg of phosphorus every day; higher amounts would be flushed by healthy kidneys from the body.
When our kidneys do not work effectively, phosphorus will accumulate in the body, leading potentially to severe diseases; for example, heart and bone disorders, as well as the hardening (calcification) of tissues. The simplest thing to do is to ensure that you are not excessively consuming phosphorus is to consume a nutritious, whole foods diet and completely avoid convenient and fast food items.
5. Quit Smoking
According to a study , smoking can simply hurt the kidneys, so if that is one of your habits, then you have to give it an end. This is also among the best quick home remedies for kidney pain relief that everyone should make use also for many other benefits.
6. Home Remedies For Kidney Pain In Females And Males – Drink Juice
One of the best ways to promote good kidney health is to drink juice on a daily basis. You can try drinking the juice of a bunch of parsley or cilantro, the 2 herbs that are very friendly with kidney health and can aid in removing heavy metals from your body. You can also try mixing the juice with lemon juice, water, and raw, organic honey to taste. If you have not discovered juicing yet, try using a greens product as it also gives a healthy serving of many crucial nutrients.
7. Eat Certain Foods
Stock-up on kidney-supportive food items, such as cauliflower, cabbage, onions, garlic, apples, peppers, berries (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries), watermelon, and olive oil. While you are at it, check out the previous recommendations for reducing inflammation and healthy eating as those suggestions can help the kidneys as well.
8. Lose Some Weight
If you are carrying some extra weight, then you should do your kidneys a favor by shedding a few pounds. According to a research , obesity can really lead to an increased risk of developing kidney cancer. Therefore, even it is simple, losing extra weight and avoiding obesity is also among the best ayurvedic home remedies for kidney pain in females and males that you should not look down yet try making use for good!
9. Ditch The Pain Relievers
You can totally reduce your own risks of developing kidney cancer even further by minimizing the usage of pain relievers, such as NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs); for example, ibuprofen (Nuprin, Motrin, Advil), aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol), and naproxen (Aleve). Those products are very hard for your kidneys to work on. Even worse, studies  have discovered that these drugs can increase people’s risks of developing kidney cancer.
10. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt can help you and your kidneys if you have detox bath with it. Removing toxins and waste will give the kidney an enhancement while boosting your overall health.
However, moreover, there are 3 great threats that really need you to make a clear action. If you are among those dealing with pre-diabetes, or diabetes and high blood pressure, your kidneys would have to suffer as well. These diseases can be addressed with some simple lifestyle changes and natural remedies. However, you will need patience and making commitment with yourself. Take care of your kidneys and make necessary changes to protect your kidneys – some of the most important organs inside your body.
11. Best Home Remedies For Kidney Pain Relief – Get Plenty Of Rest
Sometimes, just lying on bed and get enough resting can be very effective in reducing any pain. If your pain is caused by a kidney injury or a kidney stone, excess exercise or movement could also make your kidney bleed. Lying on your side can help to reduce your kidney pain, and this is among the best quick home remedies for kidney pain relief that you should make use at home right from today!
12. Apply Heat To Reduce The Pain
A warm cloth or hot pad should be applied to the painful areas for temporary relief. Heat can help to improve the blood flow and reduce nerve sensation, both of home remedies for quick kidney pain relief everyone can try at home. Heat is especially helpful if your pain is resulted from a muscle spasm. Avoid applying too much heat because this could trigger burning sensation. Try using a cloth that has been soaked in hot (but not boiling) water or a heating pad, soak in a hot bath to apply onto your painful area for quick relief.
13. Avoid Excess Vitamin C
In general, vitamin C is very effective and brings about many benefits to the human body; especially for the formation of bone and the healing speed of wounds. Nevertheless, excessive vitamin C intake can get converted to oxalate in your kidney. This oxalate can then become a stone. Thus, you should avoid getting excessive amount of vitamin C if you are vulnerable (at high risks) to developing kidney stones, or if in your family, there is a history of kidney stones.
Those vulnerable to having calcium oxalate stones need to avoid having excess intake of oxalate-rich food items, including wheat bran, tea, strawberries, spinach, rhubarb, peanuts, parsley, nuts, cola, coffee, chocolate, and beets. Keep reading for more best home remedies for kidney pain in females and males to know exactly how to deal with your current case.
14. Regularly Drink Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice is among the best home remedies for kidney pain and urinary tract infections as well. It starts to act within 8 hours after being consumed by preventing bacteria from colonizing and increasing. It can also help a lot in dissolving brushite and struvite kidney stones.
If you have oxalate stone, then avoid consuming cranberry juice because it has very high levels of oxalates and vitamin C.
15. Home Remedies For Kidney Pain In Males And Females – Lemon Water
The citric acid and acetic contents of lemon can help to break up the kidney stones and kick them out of our body once and for all!
Follow these methods with the support of lemon as the most effective ayurvedic home remedies for kidney pain in males and females at home:
- Try mixing 4 tbsps. each of olive oil and fresh lemon juice and consume the liquid. However, make sure that you and your body can digest the oil.
- Try mixing in 1 glass of water with 4 tbsps. of fresh lemon juice and consume it if you are struggling with kidney pain.
- Drink lemon water to start your day effectively and comfortably. Try mixing in 1 glass of lukewarm water with the juice of 1 fresh lemon. Stir well and consume it on an empty stomach in the morning to kick the pain away.
16. Herbal Tea
There are a lot of herbal teas that can aid in exhibiting diuretic properties (teas mentioned below contains diuretic properties), which in turn help a lot in increasing the urine output and flushing out the toxic substances from the kidneys.
Here are a lot of herbal teas that can aid you in getting rid of kidney pain.
- Nettle Tea can help a lot in treating kidney inflammations thanks to the diuretic property it contains. Pour in a pot which has two to three teaspoons of nettle leaves with 1 cup of hot water. Allow it to be steeped ten minutes and strain it to consume nettle tea for two to three times per day.
- Plantain Tea has powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties can help a lot in relieving burning, pain, and other discomforts. Place 1 tbsp. of plantain herbal remedy in a pot filled with 1 cup of hot water. Let it steeped ten minutes and strain it for adding honey. Consume the tea three to four times per day.
- Parsley Tea can help a lot in reducing the swelling and pain. Chop one big bunch of fresh parsley and boil four cups of water for about 3 – 5 minutes. After that, try adding chopped parsley in the liquid and let it stay within about twenty minutes. Strain and consume it. Women during pregnancy should not drink it. You can also try drinking parsley juice.
- Corn Silk Tea can help to soothe the painful urinary tract, as well as ease the inflammation and pain along with the body’s fluid retention. Add 1 tbsp. of corn silk into a pot and pour two cups of boiling water. Let it stay within about five to ten minutes. Strain it and consume two to four cups of this silk tea every day.
- Celery Seeds Tea contains volatile oil that has antimicrobial properties, helping to clear the infection that leads to germs. Ground 1 tbsp. of celery seeds and pour one cup of hot water over the seeds. Let the tea cool and strain before drinking it.
- Watermelon Seed Tea can help to flush out toxins from the urinary bladder and the kidney with its stimulant properties. Add 1 tbsp. of watermelon seeds into a vessel and pour two cups of boiling water over the seeds. Let it cool and strain before drinking it.
- Dandelion Tea can help to stimulate the blood circulation in kidneys. Mix in one cup of hot water with one to two teaspoons of dried dandelion leaves herb. Let it stay for about fifteen to twenty minutes and strain it. Consume two to three cups of dandelion tea every day as one of the best home remedies for kidney pains.
17. Marshmallow Root
Marshmallow contains diuretic property that can help to flush out the toxins by increasing the urine content. It contains mucilages that can aid in soothing and protecting the irritated tissues of your body by coating it.
- Add 4 tbsps. of marshmallow root into a 1-liter jar and add water to the jar.
- Cover it and soak it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Strain the water and add honey to the liquid
- Stir well and consume the marshmallow root cold infusion tea throughout the day.
- Apply this method on a regular basis to see the improvement in your kidney pain.
Note: Try pouring 1 tbsp. of marshmallow root in a pot having one cup of hot water. Cover and let it stay within ten to fifteen minutes. Strain and consume the tea two to four times per day.
18. Cabbage Leaves Poultice
Cabbage leaves can aid in clearing the condition-causing fluids out of the body and relieving us from the pain triggered by urinary tract or kidney issues.
- Add some water, two onions (chopped), two to four cabbage leaves, and three to four handfuls of bran into a pot.
- Boil it within twenty minutes until the water evaporates and put this poultice on gauze.
- Use it to apply onto the infected area and let it stay for one to two hours (or let it overnight).
- Keep applying this hot poultice on a regular basis until you see the kidney pain disappear.
Basil contains detoxifier and diuretic properties that can aid a lot in removing the stones and enhancing the kidney functions. It contains pain killing property that can help to reduce the kidney pain.
- Try mixing equal quantities of fresh basil juice and raw honey.
- Stir well and consume it to clear kidney stones and pain.
- To achieve the best results, regularize the consumption of this mixture once per day.
Uva ursi (bearberry) is an herbal remedy that is widely used to cure kidney and urinary issues with its diuretic property. It can treat effectively the kidney infections that are triggered by E. coli bacteria in the intestine.
- Try mixing 1 tbsp. of uva ursi leaves in two cups of water.
- Let it simmered for 30 – 40 minutes until the water reduced to one cup.
- Strain the tea and consume half a cup of the tea two times per day.
Note: Nursing or pregnant women should avoid taking this herbal remedy.
21. Mustard Plaster
This is also one of the best home remedies for kidney pain relief that both males and females should follow at home for good. Mustard plaster or poultice can help a lot in stimulating the healing of pain and irritation for your kidneys. Applying mustard powder (pure mustard plaster) for a longer time can lead to burning sensation and blisters on the skin. Therefore, you should mix it with flour for better result. Try these steps to deal with kidney pain at home with the support of mustard plaster:
- Try mixing our parts of whole wheat flour with one part of mustard powder.
- Stir well by adding enough egg white or water to create a thin paste.
- Spread lard or Vaseline over the region before applying plaster for stopping the effect of irritation.
- Then, try applying this mustard plaster over the infected kidney region and let it stay for fifteen minutes before removing it.
- Wash the area off and do it again as needed until you see the problem improved.
Note: If you feel any irritating or discomfort or if you skin notices the appearance of blisters, then rinse off the applied plaster right away.
Tips And Precautions:
- Get enough rest but make sure that you will not lie on your side because it can aggravate your kidney pain.
- Soak a cloth into warm Epsom salt or warm castor oil over kidneys and keep it warm for about half an hour to 45 minutes and reapply the method whenever you see the pain comes to your body.
- Never ever hold yourself or stop from passing the urine because it can lead to several health issues to your kidneys and urinary tract. In addition, make sure to urinate in hygienic and clean places to avoid developing any infection.
- Drinking alcohol and quit smoking and stop using condoms or contraceptive pills and diaphragms to prevent all kidney issues.
- Do some exercises on a regular basis to enhance proper functions of your organs and to get entire control of stress.
- Consume more of kidney beans and probiotic – rich food items; less meat; avoid fast or processed foods, carbonated soft drinks, and add more of fiber-rich foods, etc. to your daily diet.
- Consume watery vegetables and fruits, such as berries, apples, cucumber, watermelon, pomegranate, etc. to enhance the functions of your kidneys and flush out the toxins.
- Tomatoes are very useful for curing kidney pain by clearing the stones or infection in the kidneys. Before eating food, try drinking tomato juice and then take one glass of water right away to flush out the stones or infections.
- Try drinking a lot of water to flush out the kidney stones and toxins from your kidneys. Drink more water on an empty stomach every morning to prevent infections or kidney stones.
Try these natural remedies to cure your kidney pain that we want to introduce to help you. Do you know any other successful remedies for kidney pain? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
You can get rid of kidney pain by applying one or more of these simple home remedies for kidney pain in males and females as we mentioned above. If you have any other idea about this article and its content or you know other effective home remedies that can help other readers of Healthy Guide say goodbye to this issue, remember to share them with us by leaving your comments in the comment box below. For further effective health and beauty tricks, remember to visit our How To Page regularly.