Have you heard conflicting reports about ways to prevent cancer? In some cases, some cancer prevention tips recommended in one report is not advised in another. Cancer prevention tips are still evolving. Nonetheless, the fact is that your risks of developing cancer may be affected by your lifestyle choices. Therefore, if you are concerned about ways on how to avoid cancer, you should make some simple lifestyle changes.
List Of 28 Natural Ways On How To Avoid Cancer
To prevent cancer risks, there are a variety of natural ways. And now, this article will give you some of the best tips on how to avoid cancer naturally. However, at first, you should have a general understanding about cancer, including what it is, what common symptoms are, what causes it. Keep reading on Healthy Guide.
I. What Is Cancer?
Cancer is the abnormal cell growth in the body. These abnormal cells are called malignant cells, cancer cells, or tumor cells. Cancer cells can break away from its original cell mass, travel through the lymph systems and blood, and then lodge in other body’s organs where they repeat their uncontrolled growth cycle.
Some factors can result in cell abnormalities and have been associated with cancer development. They include:
- Chemical or toxic exposures: Asbestos, benzene, nickel, vinyl chloride, cadmium, tobacco, asbestos, and aflatoxin.
- Ionizing radiation: Ultraviolet rays from sunlight, uranium, radiation from X-ray-emitting sources
- Pathogens: HPV, EBV, hepatitis viruses B and C, Merkel cell polyomavirus, Helicobacter pylori, etc.
- Genetics: Some certain cancers have been associated with human genes.
Symptoms of cancer may depend on the kind of cancer, and where the cancerous cells have spread. Some warning symptoms of cancer include:
- Change in bladder habits
- A sore throat that cannot be healed
- Lump or thickening in the testicles, breast
- Unusual bleeding or discharge
- Indigestion and difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change of a mole or wart in the color, size, thickness or shape
- Unexplained weight loss or loss of appetite
- Persistent nausea, fatigue, and vomiting
- Unexplained fevers
- Recurring infections
II. How To Avoid Cancer Risk – Top 18 Tips To Apply At Home:
There are some preventive measures that you can take in order to help you reduce your risks of developing types of cancer. And now, we will reveal some of the simple ways that can help you lower your cancer risk naturally. All of the natural home remedies and effective prevention tips that will be revealed below in the entire article today on Healthy Guide include:
1. Protect Yourself From The Sun
This is the first tip on how to avoid cancer risk that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to apply for good. Skin cancer is a common type of cancer and you can reduce the risk of developing skin cancer by applying the following tips:
- Avoid midday sun: You should avoid being in the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. because that time has the strongest sun’s rays.
- Cover exposed areas: You should wear loose-fitting clothing that covers all of your skin. Also, you should choose clothes with dark colors so that they could reflect more ultraviolet radiation. A broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses are also helpful.
- Stay in the shade: When you have to stay out in the sun, you should try to stay under trees or in other shades as much as you can.
- Always apply sunscreen: You have to apply generous amounts of sunscreen whenever you stay out, and then reapply after a few hours.
- Avoid sunlamps and tanning beds: You should not use these items because they can damage your skin as natural sunlight.
Read on How To Remove Sun Tan From Face & Hands Naturally – 34 Ways to discover some of the best tips that can help you remove sun tan from your facial skin and hands naturally and effectively.
2. How To Avoid Cancer- Get Immunized
Cancer prevention tips must include protection from some viral infections. So, if you are looking for ways on how to avoid cancer risk, you should not skip out this tip. You need to consult your doctor about getting immunized against:
- Human papillomavirus: It is known as a sexually transmitted virus, which can cause cervical cancer, other genital cancers and squamous cell cancers. The vaccine for HPV is recommended for children aged 11 and 12 and adults aged 26 or younger who did not get vaccinated as adolescents.
- Hepatitis B: It can increase your risk of getting liver cancer. So, the vaccine for hepatitis B is recommended for all adults who are at high risks such as sexually active individuals, those with sexually transmitted infections, public safety workers, intravenous drug users, etc.
To know some of the best natural remedies for gonorrhea in both women and men, read on Treatments For Gonorrhea In Men And Women – 17 Remedies and then try to apply some of these home remedies as soon as possible.
3. Stop Using Tobacco
Smoking can put you at risk of developing cancer. Studies found that smoking has been associated with many cancer types, including cancer of the throat, lung, mouth, pancreas, larynx, kidney, bladder, and cervix. Even if you do not smoke, exposure to secondhand smoke can also increase your risk of developing lung cancer.
Actually, you should stop smoking if you want to avoid cancer and improve your overall health. If you have difficulty in stopping using tobacco, you can ask your doctor about strategies for quitting and stop-smoking products.
4. Be Physically Active
Apart from controlling your weight, practicing physical activities can help you reduce the risks of developing colon and breast cancers. Studies found that people who participate in any physical activity could gain some benefits for health. You can make a combination of moderate and vigorous exercises for the best results. Generally, you should aim at including at least half an hour of physical activity in your routine on a daily basis.
If you want to know some of the best tips that can help you maintain a healthy weight without needing to follow a harsh diet, read on How To Maintain A Healthy Weight Without Harsh Dieting
5. Avoid Risky Behaviors
Another effective tip on how to avoid cancer risk is that you should avoid risky behaviors that can cause infections, hence increasing the risk of cancer. Some risky behaviors that you should avoid are:
- Practice safe sex: Firstly, you should limit the number of your sexual partners to reduce the risk of getting sexually transmitted infections like HPV or HIV. People who are diagnosed with these infections may have an increased risk of cancer of the liver, lung and anus. Secondly, you remember to use a condom whenever you have sexual intercourse. This method can protect against STDs.
- Stop sharing needles: You should stop sharing needles with other drug users because it can lead to HIV, hepatitis B and C, hence causing the higher risk of liver cancer. If you want to know more about drug abuse or addiction, you can consult your doctor.
6. Drink Plenty Of Water
Drinking plenty of water can help reduce the risk of getting bladder cancer. This is because drinking water can help dilute the cancer-causing substances in your urine and then flush them out through the bladder. Therefore, you should aim at drinking at least 8 cups of water every day. Actually, drinking plenty of water is known as one of the best tips on how to avoid cancer and their health problems that you should not look down.
7. Take Medical Exams Regularly
When it comes to how to avoid cancer risk, you have to take medical exams at least once a year to discover your health problems and then find the proper ways to deal with them early. Taking regular self-exams for various cancer types, including the cancer of the colon, skin, cervix and breast, can help you discover your cancer risks early. Keep in mind that knowing the cancer risk early can help improve the successful treatment. You can ask your doctor about your proper cancer- screening schedule.
8. Keep The Mobile Phone From Your Head
It is so amazing for some people to know that we should not bring our mobile phone with us all the time. You should use your mobile phone only for texts or short calls and try to keep it away from your head. Studies found that using mobile phones could increase brain cancer risk. Therefore, if you want to reduce your risk of brain cancer, stay out and join in outdoor activities instead of staring at your mobile phone.
9. Increase Your Intake Of Calcium And Vitamin D
Increasing the calcium intake may help reduce the risk of colon cancer. People who took 1,200mg of calcium daily for 4 years could reduce the development of new precancerous colon polyps by 36%.
Besides, studies also found that a vitamin D deficiency could stimulate the spreading of cancer cells. People who have a low level of vitamin D may have increased risk of certain cancers, including the cancer of the colon, breast, prostate, stomach and ovarian, as well as some health conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis, high blood pressure and multiple sclerosis. Apart from eating vitamin D- rich foods, you can take supplements or get vitamin d from sunlight. But, you should avoid overexposure because it can cause skin cancer.
10. Drink Coffee Every Day
According to a study about the link between coffee and cancer risk  people who drank 3 or even more cups of coffee every day decreased the risk of developing brain cancer by 40%. A habit with 5 cups of coffee a day could help reduce the risks of throat and oral cancer.
There are some other effective tips on how to avoid cancer from coming back in this article. So, you should spend time reading the remaining of this article and then try to apply these tips as soon as possible.
11. Limit The Alcohol Intake
Studies have shown that drinking alcohol can increase the risk of developing some kinds of cancer, including the cancer of the mouth, throat, breast, esophagus, colon, and liver. The more alcohol you consume, the higher your risk you have. Scientists recommend that men should not have more than 2 drinks per day while women should not have more than 1.
12. Skip The Dry Cleaner
This is another great tip on how to avoid cancer risk that we want to mention in this article. Actually, using traditional dry cleaning can cause kidney and liver cancers. People who have contact with chemicals and treated clothes are at higher cancer risk. Instead, you should hand-wash your clothes with mild soap and then air-dry them.
13. How To Avoid Cancer- Pay Attention To Pain
If you suffer from a pelvic pain, a bloated belly and an urgent need to urinate, you should see your doctor as soon as possible. These symptoms can be early symptoms of some types of cancer, especially if they are frequent and severe. If you ignore these symptoms, your diseases can become more serious and even lead to death. When discovered early, before cancer has spread to other body’s parts, the chances of successful treatment may be higher.
14. Stand More And Sit Less
Some studies found that people who spent many hours sitting were at an increased risk of getting endometrial and colon cancer than those who did not. Other studies found that people who spent many hours being in front of the TV could have a higher risk of colon cancer by 54% than those who did not. Therefore, you should sit less and try to walk around for several minutes once an hour.
15. Maintain A Healthy Weight
According to a study about body weight and cancer risk , maintaining a healthy weight can help you reduce the risk of developing many cancer types, including the cancer of the lung, breast, prostate, kidney and colon. Studies found that being overweight accounts for about 20% of all cancer cases in women and about 14% in men. Besides, losing excess pounds can help reduce the production of female hormones, so it helps protect against ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer and breast cancer. Even in case you are not overweight, gaining weight after the age of 30 can increase the risk of getting pancreatic, breast, cervical, and other cancers. You can control your weight by doing regular exercise and following a healthy diet.
16. Cut Down On Fries And Chips
When foods are fried, baked, or roasted at high temperatures, a cancer-causing substance called acrylamide may form. Studies have shown that acrylamide overexposure is a cause of many types of cancer. Therefore, it is better to switch from potato chips and French fries to foods such as mashed potatoes and pretzels.
17. Cut Down On Sugary Drinks
This is an undoubted tip on how to avoid cancer risk that you should know if you are trying to find how to avoid cancer risk. Sugary drinks can contribute to diabetes and obesity, and they can also put you at risk of developing endometrial cancer. According to a study, women who drank too much sugar-laden beverages could have up to an 87% higher risk of developing endometrial cancer.
18. Keep Your Bedroom Dark
This is a great solution for how to avoid cancer risk naturally. Exposure to light at night can have an increased risk of breast and ovarian cancers in women. This is because light suppresses the normal melatonin production, which could be a cause of some certain cancers. A study found that breast cancer was at highest risk among women who did not sleep when their level of melatonin was highest.
III. How To Avoid Cancer From Coming Back- Top 10 Tips:
If you have been diagnosed with cancer and your cancerous cells are being properly controlled, it is very important for you to be careful to avoid cancer from coming back. By making some changes, you will feel empowered because you know that you are trying to stay healthy and cancer-free.
1. Take Care Of Your Emotion
To avoid cancer from coming back, you need to take care of your emotion. Actually, controlling your emotion is very important for cancer treatment and prevention. And, here are some tips you should consider applying when it comes to taking care of emotion:
- Put your needs first
- Join in a support group or find a cancer survivor who you can talk with
- Be concerned about new cancer researches
- Communicate with your doctor about your concerns and fears
2. How To Avoid Cancer- Reduce Stress
Your life has been packed with stress and according to a study about cancer and stress , it is not good for your health, especially for people undergoing cancer. So, you should find ways to deal with stress in order to improve your overall health, thereby preventing cancer from coming back. Here are some helpful ways that can help you deal with stress naturally at home:
- Exploring your creative abilities
- Massage therapy
- Deep breathing exercises
3. Follow A Healthy Diet
Although a healthy diet does not guarantee cancer prevention, it may help you reduce the cancer risk. All you have to do when it comes to how to avoid cancer from coming back is to consider applying the following diet tips:
- Consume more fruits and vegetables: You should try to include plenty of fruits, vegetables in your daily diet plan.
- Opt for low-calorie foods: You should try to eat lighter and leaner. For example, you should avoid eating refined sugars as well as fat from animal- based sources.
- Limit processed meats: Eating too much processed meat can contribute to higher risk of developing certain cancer types, so it is very important for you to limit the intake of these meats.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Remember that the risk of cancer types, including cancer of the lung, breast, colon, liver and kidney, can increase in case you drink a large amount of alcohol and you drink it regularly.
- Buy meat free of added hormones and antibiotics: You should try to opt for clean foods and then wash them thoroughly to remove residues.
- Follow a Mediterranean diet: Studies found that women who have a Mediterranean diet could lower the risk of developing breast cancer. This diet often focuses on plant-based foods, such as legumes, whole grains and nuts, healthy fats and fish instead of eating red meat.
4. Drink Green Tea
Another natural way on how to avoid cancer from coming back is drinking green tea, which is highly recommended for many health problems. Some studies found that tea drinkers have a lower risk of developing colon, breast, ovarian, lung and prostate cancer. The properties found in green tea have been known as powerful anti-cancer compounds, making it one of the best drinks for you when it comes to cancer prevention.
5. Snack On Brazil Nuts
According to a research about cancer-fighting foods , Brazil nuts are a great source of selenium, which helps reduce the risk of bladder cancer. Some studies have suggested that people who had high level of selenium have an increased risk of colorectal cancer and lung cancer. Selenium can help protect cells from harmful free radicals and also improve immune system.
Do you want to know other great ways on how to avoid cancer from coming back? If your answer is “yes”, you should keep reading this article to discover these simple yet effective tips.
6. Consume Whole Grains
Other great ways on how to avoid cancer from coming back must include consuming whole grains. Whole wheat is better than white bread. If you eat high- glycemic- load foods such as pasta, white, surgery pastries and potatoes, your blood sugar level may increase, and you may have an increased risk of colorectal cancer than those who eat foods with a low- glycemic load.
7. Consume Wild Salmon
Women who consumed wild salmon 3 times a week might have higher risk of colon cancer. This is because salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which can have cancer-fighting effects. Some other studies showed a relation between consuming wild salmon with a lower risk of developing endometrial cancer in women.
In fact, consuming wild salmon or healthy omega-3s is very important if you want to fight off cancerous cells and prevent this deadly disease from coming back. Therefore, you should not look down it, yet try to add these healthy fish to your diet for good.
8. How To Avoid Cancer- Consume Broccoli
Another great way on how to avoid cancer from coming back that you should know is that you should add more broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables to your diet. Broccoli is known as a cancer-preventing superfood that you should not miss out. But, a study found that steamed broccoli has more glucosinolate than fried, or boiled broccoli. This is because when frying or boiling broccoli, nutrients will leach into the cooking water and do not remain in the vegetable. Besides, you should also consume more cabbage, bokchoy, and cauliflower at least once a week. Eating these cruciferous vegetables can help reduce the risk of developing kidney cancer.
9. Eat Red Grapes
Red grapes are packed with , which can help slow the cancer growth in the stomach, lymph nodes, liver, and breasts. A study found that resveratrol could inhibit skin damage that results in skin cancer. Although all of the grape’s skins consist of resveratrol, purple and red grapes have the highest level.
Actually, eating red grapes can help you slow down the cancer growth in some of your body’s parts, making it one of the simple ways on how to avoid cancer from coming back that you should not look down.
10. Eat Garlic
Last but not least effective when it comes to how to avoid cancer from coming back naturally is eating garlic. This herb contains powerful compounds that can help improve the immune system to fight against cancer. A study found that women who consumed more garlic could have a decreased risk of colon cancer by up to 50% compared with women who did not consume garlic. You can try out some different ways to use garlic in cooking.
Actually, you can reduce your cancer risk by making some changes in your lifestyles and diet. Hope that all of these tips on how to avoid cancer are helpful for you. If this article can help you improve your health and reduce your cancer risk, you remember to leave your words in the comment box below. Also, if you want to know more about simple but effective health and beauty tips, remember to visit our How To Page.