Multiple sclerosis is an unpredictable disease that occurs in the central nervous system and disrupts the information flow within the brain. However, there are some natural ways that can help you prevent this disease from happening. And, if you are at higher risks of developing multiple sclerosis, you should spend time reading this interesting article right now. Let’s check out together how you to prevent multiple sclerosis without having to make use of any type of medication but the comfort of your own home!
List Of Simple Ways To Prevent Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms To Apply At Home
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the simple ways on how to prevent multiple sclerosis. These natural ways have been found to be effective in reducing the risks of developing multiple sclerosis. However, at first, we should have an understanding about causes and symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
- I. Causes And Symptoms Of Multiple Sclerosis
- II. How To Prevent Multiple Sclerosis
- 1. Eat Healthy Foods
- 2. Understand The Factors Related To Multiple Sclerosis
- 3. A Diet High In Vitamin D
- 4. Consume Foods That Contain Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 5. Consume Fruits Instead Of Refined Sugars
- 6. Have A Low- Fat Diet
- 7. Move To A Warm Climate
- 8. Check Your Gut Biome Health
I. Causes And Symptoms Of Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis is a disabling disease of the spinal cord and brain. In multiple sclerosis, the immunity attacks the protective health, which covers nerve fibers. Then, this causes communication issues between the brain and the rest of the body. Even, this health condition can cause the nerves to become permanently damaged.
According to a study , signs and symptoms of multiple sclerosis vary, depending on which nerves are affected and the amount of nerve damage. A few people with severe multiple sclerosis can lose the ability to walk while other people can experience remission without having new symptoms. Some common symptoms of multiple sclerosis are:
- Numbness or weakness
- Complete or partial loss of vision
- Pain during eye movement
- Prolonged double vision
- Pain or tingling in body’s parts
- Electric-shock sensations during certain neck movements
- Lack of coordination
- Slurred speech
- Problems with bladder and bowel function
Read on 13 Best Simple Tested Natural Home Remedies For Dizziness And Fatigue to discover some of the natural treatments for dizziness and fatigue.
The causes of multiple sclerosis are unknown. A combination of environmental factors and genetics can contribute to the appearance of multiple sclerosis. They include:
- Age: This disease can occur at any age, but it mainly affects people from the age of 15 to 60.
- Family history: If any of your family members has had multiple sclerosis, you may have higher risk of getting this disease.
- Sex: Women have higher risks of developing multiple sclerosis than men.
- Race: White people may have highest risks of getting multiple sclerosis. And, people of African, Asian and Native American descent may be at the lowest risks.
- Certain infections: Many viruses have been associated with multiple sclerosis.
- People who live in countries with temperate climates may be at higher risk of developing multiple sclerosis.
- Certain autoimmune diseases: People with type 1 diabetes, thyroid disease, or inflammatory bowel disease have higher risk of getting multiple sclerosis.
List of Top 27 Best Foods That Increase Sex Drive In Men And Women will show you some of the healthy foods that can help men and women increase sex drive, so check it out!
II. How To Prevent Multiple Sclerosis
Now, here are some of the natural ways that can help you know how to prevent multiple sclerosis from appearing. They include:
1. Eat Healthy Foods
This is the first one among natural ways on how to prevent multiple sclerosis symptoms that we want to mention in this article. Eating healthy foods is a great way to prevent and manage the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. In multiple sclerosis, the immune system can attack the central nervous system, interrupting nerve signals and resulting in symptoms such as numbness, fatigue, bladder and bowel dysfunction, movement problems and vision problems. According to a research , your daily diet is also important when it comes to treating the symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
To know some of the healthy foods that you should consume to help with fat loss and muscle gain, read on Top 34 Best Foods For Fat Loss Diet And Muscle Gain
2. Understand The Factors Related To Multiple Sclerosis
When it comes to learning how to prevent multiple sclerosis from happening, during the triggering factors for this disease is very important. There are some factors that involve in multiple sclerosis including viruses, genetics, diet and geography.
- Genetics: If you have a family history of multiple sclerosis, you have not found the way to reduce the risk of developing this disease.
- Viruses: Although it is not possible to avoid virus exposure completely, you should apply a few illness prevention techniques to reduce the risk of viral infection.
- Geography: You should make use of vitamin D in order to boost your immune system.
3. A Diet High In Vitamin D
If you do not know how to prevent multiple sclerosis pain, you should know that getting vitamin D is a great solution. As mentioned above, vitamin D is associated with multiple sclerosis. Therefore, a diet rich in vitamin D can help prevent the appearance of multiple sclerosis. Studies found that some products such as cereal products, milk, salmon, tuna and mackerel can help reduce the risk of developing multiple sclerosis. Besides, sunlight exposure is also a great way for you to get vitamin D.
If you want to know healthy foods for bones growth, read on Top 14 Best Foods For Bones Growth And Strength
4. Consume Foods That Contain Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 fatty acids are powerful anti-inflammatory properties that may help prevent all of the chronic diseases including multiple sclerosis. It is recommended to have 2-3 of 3-ounce servings per week. Some foods that are highest in omega 3 fatty acids are salmon and mackerel. Actually, this is another great way on how to prevent multiple sclerosis that you should try out!
5. Consume Fruits Instead Of Refined Sugars
Actually, there is no evidence for the link between refined sugars, fruits and multiple sclerosis. However, consuming more fruits instead of refined sugar can help you have a healthy weight, which is very important for those with multiple sclerosis. Besides, according to a study , reducing the consumption of refined sugars also helps prevent cardiovascular disease. Plus, fruits are rich in fiber, so eating fruits can help reduce constipation, which is known as one of the common signs and symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Some foods that are rich in refined sugar are candy, cake, and soft drinks.
6. Have A Low- Fat Diet
Low-fat diet is very effective in preventing multiple sclerosis from occurring, making it one of the best ways on how to prevent multiple sclerosis from happening naturally. If your diet is rich in saturated fats, it can make the symptoms of multiple sclerosis worse. Therefore, it is recommended that you should reduce the consumption of your daily saturated fats. Besides, low-fat diet plan is also good for those who want to lose weight naturally and effectively.
7. Move To A Warm Climate
This is another great way on how to prevent multiple sclerosis from happening that you should not miss. If you live in temperate climates, you may have higher risks of multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis rates drop in those who live in regions closer to the equator. Therefore, if you are born in high-risk areas, you should move to a place with warm climate before age 15 to reduce the risk level in life.
Actually, when it comes to learning how to reduce the risks of developing multiple sclerosis, you should consider geographic factor and then try to live in a place with warm climate before the age of 15.
8. Check Your Gut Biome Health
Keeping the levels of bacteria in the digestive system balanced can help reduce your risk of developing multiple sclerosis. According to a research , a few kinds of gut bacteria are deficient in those with multiple sclerosis, yet more present in healthy people. Therefore, you should develop a dietary plan that is good for overall health. Your doctor can suggest you some certain probiotic supplements, or change your bad eating habits to improve your gut biome health.
Do you want to discover other effective ways on how to prevent multiple sclerosis from happening naturally at the comfort of your own home? If your answer is “yes”, you should continue to keep both of your eyes on the rest of this article right now.
9. Consume Other Foods
Another great way on how to prevent multiple sclerosis that you should not look down is that you should consume other healthy foods. Some other foods have been found to be helpful in reducing the risk of developing multiple sclerosis thanks to their content of antioxidants. They include green tea, red wine and tart cherries. The antioxidants found in these foods can help improve your immune system, hence preventing multiple sclerosis more effectively.
10. Avoid Contacting Viruses
This may sound strange when it comes to learning how to prevent multiple sclerosis symptoms that you should not look down, yet try to apply for good.
- Human herpes virus-6: Washing your hands regularly can help you avoid getting this virus.
- Epstein-Barr virus: You can avoid this virus by not sharing foods and drinks, not kissing or not sharing toothbrushes with infected people.
- Chlamydia pneumonia virus: You can prevent this virus by covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing, using hand sanitizer and washing the hands.
- Measles, mumps, and rubella virus: You should get vaccinated to reduce the risk of contracting this disease.
11. Talk To Your Doctor
If you have other diseases, you should talk to your doctor. Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disorder, and it is associated with other conditions, including type-1 diabetes, thyroid disease, and irritable bowel syndrome.
In fact, this is known as one of the best ways on how to prevent multiple sclerosis pain that can help you minimize the risks of developing multiple sclerosis naturally.
12. Reduce Exposure To Triggering Factors
This is the last but very important way on how to prevent multiple sclerosis that we want to mention in this article and want all of my readers, especially those with higher risks of getting multiple sclerosis to know for good. Reducing exposure to triggering factors can help you minimize the negative effects on your nervous system and your health. These triggering factors can attack the immune system and cause multiple sclerosis.
- Stress: Stress can worsen the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Therefore, you need to reduce your stress levels through yoga, meditation, and psychological counseling.
- Smoking: Smoking is a risk factor for the progression of multiple sclerosis, so keeping away from smoking is very important. Ask your doctor about medications that can support you to quit smoking. While multiple sclerosis is not caused by smoking, there may be a strong relationship between smoking and your risks of developing multiple sclerosis.
- Heat: Some patients with multiple sclerosis  are susceptible to heat, and heat can also worsen the symptoms.
- Some certain medicines: The medicines used for Crohn’s disease or rheumatoid arthritis can make the symptoms of multiple sclerosis worse. So, it is important to ensure that medicines you are using will not worsen your condition.
After reading this interesting article, we hope that you can know how to reduce the risks of developing multiple sclerosis at home. Actually, all of the natural ways as mentioned above have been proven by science to prevent the symptoms of multiple sclerosis from happening without causing any unwanted side effect, so you can feel secure when applying any of these natural ways at home. One more thing, if you know other great ways on how to prevent multiple sclerosis pain, you remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment below.