Dizziness is the disorienting sense of being lightheaded or unbalanced. You might feel like you are about to faint or as your surroundings are spinning or moving around you. Sometimes, both of these feelings are accompanied by vomiting or nausea. Dizziness is not a medical disease itself, but instead, it is a symptom of an underlying trigger factor. Nonetheless, before learning the best natural tested home remedies for dizziness and fatigue, you need to know some basic knowledge of this issue as well as when to see a doctor. Now, keep reading on Healthy Guide!
- 15 Tips How To Use Essential Oils For Headaches with 15 Great Oils/ 15 Tips How to Get Rid of Headaches Naturally and Fast in Men & Women
Dizziness is something that most of us may all have to deal with some times in our lives. It is a sense of unsteadiness, light-headedness, or loss of balance and may lead to fainting at the same time. Dizziness with a spinning feeling is referred to as vertigo, which is not the same with the nonspecific light-headedness.
Dizziness is not a condition at all. It is a sign of other health issues, such as tinnitus, vision-related disorders, heat stroke, anxiety disorders, neurological disorders, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), allergies, ear infections, head injuries, heart muscle disease, low blood pressure, anemia, and migraines.
Some possible trigger factors of dizziness include:
- certain conditions, such as anemia, migraines, or anxiety
- circulation problems
- inner ear problems
- taking certain medications
- benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
Therefore, curing your dizziness often involves curing one of these other aspects.
Some other causes of dizziness may include motion sickness, dehydration, excessive exercise, stress, a side effect from medications, and hormonal changes in the body.
Dizziness might be accompanied by signs like vision changes, false sense of motion, headaches, blind spots, and irregular or slow pulse.
Sometimes, dizziness can also lead to a ringing noise in the ears, weakness, chest pain, vomiting, nausea, loss of consciousness, or paleness.
If your dizziness does not occur frequently, you can try making use of some natural tested home remedies for dizziness to see the fast improvement. Nevertheless, if the signs persist or appear more frequently, consulting a doctor is a must for you to get proper diagnosis and cure.
II. Natural Home Remedies For Dizziness And Fatigue
Here are some of the best home remedies for dizziness you cannot find full in anywhere else out there. All of the remedies revealed in this article are proven by science, studies, and researches by professionals and prestigious scientists. Keep reading the article to find the real solution for your own case and do not hesitate to share the list widely with other people you know who are also struggling with the same issue. Let’s start with the first secret from Healthy Guide’s professionals:
1. Deep Breathing
Deep breathing is the very first one among the best simple home remedies for dizziness that can bring to you a fast improvement. It aids a lot in providing an adequate amount of oxygen to your brain, which in turn can help to relieve your dizziness and relax the nervous system as well. Just follow exactly the steps below at home to see the best results:
- Lie or sit down with a comfortable body’s position.
- Put 1 hand on your abdomen; put the thumb of the other hand against 1 nostril while keeping your mouth close.
- Slowly inhale through your open nostril and try to get air to fill the stomach.
- Hold the breath in, purse your lips and close both nostrils.
- After two to three seconds, slowly exhale and try to extract air from the belly.
- Reapply these steps ten times more.
- Then, sit quietly within about five minutes and breathe as normal to avoid getting dizzy again.
Read More: Learn How to Stop Feeling Anxious and Nervous Right Now
2. Drink Water
This is also among the best simple home remedies for dizziness that we would like to introduce in this article and readers should not look down. According to a study , dehydration is a common trigger factor that causes dizziness. This can be triggered by the lack of drinking water for a long time or failing to rehydrate your body after and during exercising. Dehydration could also come after diarrhea and vomiting that leads to the excessive loss of fluids. Follow these methods to see the best results in treating dizziness at home with water:
- When you feel dizzy, drink a glass of water instantly. For preventing the dizziness and dehydration and keeping them at bay, then throughout the day, try drinking an ample amount of water.
- You can also try adding some honey to an herbal tea, soups, broths, or fruit juices and consume for being free of dizziness.
Keep reading this article to discover more and more simple home remedies for dizziness and fatigue that can work well for your own case yet do not bring about any unwanted side effect! We are glad to bring support from the Mother Nature to improve your life!
3. Eat Something
Dizziness could be triggered by a low blood sugar level, particularly for diabetics. Moreover, hunger can make people more prone to dizziness. Thus, as dizziness attacks, find something to eat to improve the situation. In fact, it is an ideal idea to avoid the remaining hungry for long time periods if you are vulnerable to dizziness. This is also one of the best natural home remedies for dizziness that you should never look down!
- Try consuming a snack with high content of sugar or carbohydrates, such as a banana or a chocolate bar.
- A handful of roasted nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or cashews can work well for dizziness.
- A bowl of yogurt with fruits is also a great choice.
- Any fruit with high content of water can also do the trick.
Ginger is among the best time-tested home remedies for dizziness and fatigue, as well as the nausea that usually accompanies it. Ginger can help a lot in stimulating the blood flow to the brain and other body’s parts, which can help a lot in reducing the intensity of dizziness, according to a research .
- The first choice is to take ginger supplements with the appropriate dosage after consulting your doctor.
- Drinking ginger tea or ginger ale a few times per day can aid in preventing dizziness.
- Sucking on ginger candies or chewing on a small slice of fresh ginger root can also help you overcome dizziness.
Another one among the excellent natural remedies for dizziness in adults, babies, and toddlers is lemon. The vitamin C content of lemon can help to boost the immune system and help the body deal with illnesses. Moreover, many other nutrients that lemon contains make this fruit a natural agent for energizing. It can help to hydrate the body quickly and help you feel refreshed and energized. Try one of these tips as home remedies for dizziness with the support of fresh lemon:
- One choice is to add 1 pinch of powdered black pepper, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, and a little salt to 1 glass of water. Consume the mixture three times per day, as needed.
- Try squeezing the juice of half a lemon into 1 glass of water. Mix in two tsps. of sugar. Consume the liquid for reducing the symptoms of dizziness.
6. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry, also called amla, is a popular one among the best home remedies for dizziness. Amla is an abundant source of vitamin C and vitamin A that can enhance immunity, improve the circulation of blood flow and aid in treating and preventing dizziness.
- Grind two amla fruits (de-seeded) to make a paste.
- Mix in a cup of water and two tsps. of coriander seeds.
- Allow it to stay overnight.
- The next morning, strain and drink the liquid.
- Repeat every day for about 2 – 3 days.
Due to the natural sugar content of honey, it could instantly aid in boosting the energy level and preventing dizziness. In addition, honey can aid in preventing blood sugar, one of the common causes of dizziness. This is also one of the best natural home remedies for dizziness that you should not skip!
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of hot or cold water. Consume two times per day.
- Alternatively, try mixing one tbsp. each of lemon juice and honey in 1 glass of warm water. Consume it to get instant relief for dizziness.
- One ore choice is mixing together 1 tsp. each of cinnamon powder and honey and consume it one time per day in the morning for 2 – 3 weeks.
8. Ginkgo Biloba
The herb ginkgo biloba is also a useful home remedy that can help people deal with dizziness naturally at home. It can aid a lot in improving blood flow to the brain to prevent or even stop dizziness. In addition, this herbal remedy can help to cure tinnitus, which can also trigger dizziness, according to a study .
This herbal remedy is readily available in forms of tablet, dried leaf, and liquid extract, which are sold in any market. The standard dosage is 120 – 150 mg of gingko biloba extract, in three divided doses per day for about 2 months.
Note: Remember to consult a doctor before using the ginkgo biloba supplement as ginkgo biloba can interact with certain medications.
Another good herb to treat dizziness is feverfew. It can also treat accompanying symptoms like headaches, nausea and vomiting. It also improves blood circulation.
- Eat a few fresh feverfew leaves when you feel dizzy to overcome the symptoms.
- You can also steep 1 tsp. each of dried peppermint leaves and feverfew leaves in a cup of hot water within fifteen to twenty minutes, and then strain it. Consume tea 2 – 3 times per day for 2 – 3 weeks.
- One more choice is to take feverfew supplements after you consult your doctor.
Keep reading to learn more best home remedies for dizziness and make use at home for improvement.
10. Eat Healthy
Following a healthy diet can aid a lot in preventing dizziness by clearing many of the diseases that can trigger it. You can prevent dizziness related to low blood sugar, low blood pressure, and anemia by consuming food items high in fiber, folic acid, vitamin A, and iron. In addition, choose food items that are low in fat and sugar.
- Consume foods rich in iron such as asparagus, fortified breakfast cereals, lentils, dates, almonds, spinach, tofu, and liver. You can also try taking an iron supplement after you consult your doctor.
- Avoid iron-blocking beverages such as wine, beer, and coffee.
- Add more food items abundant in vitamin C in your diet, including spinach, grapefruit, broccoli, bell peppers, lemons, and oranges. You can also take vitamin C supplements after you consult your doctor.
- In addition, consume food items abundant in folic acid such as bananas, peanuts, broccoli, fortified cereals, sprouts, liver, and green leafy veggies.
Consume small meals many times throughout the day and avoid skipping meals, particular breakfast.
If your doctor doubts that you have anemia, they might encourage you to consume more foods rich in iron. Iron could be found in food items like:
- Red meat
- Dark leafy greens
Consuming iron-rich foods is also one of the best simple home remedies for dizziness that people should make use as it is very easy for you to apply at home.
12. Vitamin B-6
Foods abundant in vitamin B-6 might also aid in treating dizziness. Some research  has discovered that vitamin B6 supplements could help in reducing drug-induced symptoms of vertigo. Nevertheless, more research is still necessary.
Vitamin B6 can also aid in preventing anemia. This vitamin is contained in food items such as:
- Lean pork
13. Vitamin E
Vitamin E can aid in maintaining the elasticity of blood vessels, which can also help to deal with circulation problems. Vitamin E can be found in food items like:
- Wheat germ
- Avoid using tobacco , alcohol, and caffeine as these substances can make the issue worse.
- If you experience frequent dizziness, avoid driving car.
- If you have had previous instances of dizziness, avoid standing up and moving suddenly.
- Go for a meditation and yoga session to come out of the issue effectively.
- Get sufficient rest when suffering from any health problem to minimize feelings of dizziness and to help the body recuperate faster.
- Massage your entire body once a week to increase the blood circulation.
- Incorporate some sorts of physical exercises every day to prevent dizziness and to boost the blood circulation throughout the body.
- If you are dealing with an imbalance in the equilibrium of your body because of the dizziness, lie down and focus on the immobile objects around your body and mind. This will aid you in distracting mind from dizziness.
- Sit or lie down instantly whenever you feel dizzy.
Bonus: Medications To Treat Dizziness
Medications that help to cure dizziness usually concentrate on dealing with the underlying disease. For example, anti-anxiety medications can be prescribed to relieve the severity of the attacks of anxiety that lead to dizziness. Moreover, preventative migraine medicine is also usually prescribed for those having dizziness or vertigo going along with migraines.
Other medications that may be used for dizziness include:
- Anticholinergics and antihistamines, which are 2 of the single prescription medications that entirely concentrate on curing dizziness instead of the underlying disease
- Diuretics or water pills, which can be used as a cure for diseases like meniere’s disease that can trigger a fluid buildup in our inner ear
- Though the non-drowsy variations are less useful at curing dizziness, over-the-counter antihistamines are also counted.
You can get rid of dizziness by applying one or more of these simple natural treatments we suggested in this article. We wonder whether or not you can find the suitable treatments for your own case after reading this list. If you have any question to ask about this article or if you know other useful tested home remedies for dizziness, remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment box below. For further effective beauty and health improving tips, remember to visit our How To Page on a regular basis.
Leave a Reply