The secret to great sex is not crazy toys or positions. The fact you may not know is that increasing your sex drive may be as simple as having more sleep. We all know the health benefits of sleep, including preventing heart disease and keeping colds as well as other infections at bay. However, do you know that the better you sleep, the better sex life you will have. Read on this interesting article to learn how sleep affects men’s sexual health, and what you should do to have better night sleep.
- Top 37 Things Women Need To Know About Sexual Health/ Sexual Health Information For Teens – Top 14 Tips For Teenagers
List Of Ways On How Sleep Affects Men’s Sexual Health
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the ways on how sleep affects men’s sexual health. After that, we will reveal some of the simple ways to help you improve your night’s sleep.
- I. How Sleep Affects Men’s Sexual Health
- 1. Sleep And Sexual Judgment
- 2. Sleep And Erectile Dysfunction
- 3. Sleep And Sex Drive
- 4. Sleep And Testosterone Levels
- 5. Sleep And Next-Day Sexual Desire
- 6. Sleep And Depression & Anxiety
- 7. Sleep And Better Emotions
- 8. Sleep And Focus
- II. How To Have Good Night’s Sleep
I. How Sleep Affects Men’s Sexual Health
Sleep deprivation can affect your sex life, from the levels of sexual hormones to the sense of emotional well-being in your relationship. There is no surprise that being constantly sleepy can affect your sexual desire and libido. And, here are a few ways that sleep can mess with men’s sex life.
1. Sleep And Sexual Judgment
This should be the first way on how sleep affects men’s sexual health that we want to mention in this article. According to a study , when men have sleep deprivation, they can misjudge their partners’ sexual interest. When men have less sleep, they intend much higher than they do when they were rested. Interestingly, for women, the opposite is not true. Their perceptions of men’s sexual interest do not change much after having poor sleep.
A lack of sleep can have negative effect on the brain, especially in decision- making, risk-taking and moral reasoning. Besides, sleep deprivation can have unwanted effects on perceptual experiences that are related to dating and mating, hence causing people to engage in sexual decisions that they may not do that when they are well-rested.
Read on List Of 37 Natural Aphrodisiacs For Men Health That Actually Work to discover some of the natural aphrodisiacs for men’s sexual health.
2. Sleep And Erectile Dysfunction
Sleep is critical to having better sex life, and a lack of sleep can lead to erectile dysfunction, which means the inability to maintain an erection for sex. Men who have sleep deprivation can find it hard to have erection. Actually, sleep is important for erections. Some studies have found the relationship between sleep apnea and erectile dysfunction. And, after patients were treated for sleep apnea, they were less likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction and then their sex lives were improved as well.
List of Top 36 Common And Leading Erectile Dysfunction Causes will show you some of the common causes of erectile dysfunction, so check it out!
3. Sleep And Sex Drive
According to a study, just one hour of extra night sleep increases the chances that a man will have sex with his partner. Besides, a lack of sleep can also worsen your mood, hence decreasing your sex drive. Moreover, sleep can also affect hormone levels, causing changes in desire and arousal.
To know some of the natural ways that help men and women last longer in bed, read on Top 18 Ways To Last Longer In Bed For Men And Women
4. Sleep And Testosterone Levels
When it comes to learning how sleep affects men’s sexual health, you should know the link between sleep and testosterone levels. The bodies of the men produce the hormone testosterone during sleep. Testosterone plays a vital role in men’s sexual function. It works by driving his libido and contributing to his erections. According to a study about the relationship between sleep and testosterone levels , after a week of sleeping less than 5 hours per night, their testosterone levels reduced 10% to 15%.
5. Sleep And Next-Day Sexual Desire
A poor night sleep can have adverse effects on your sex life. Having enough sleep can only deal with the cause. A study found that longer sleep duration is linked with greater next-day sexual desire. And, one hour increase in the length of sleep may cause a 14% increase in risks of engaging in sexual activity.
One night of poor sleep can show on the faces, but do you know that looking tired makes you less attractive and unhealthy? Then, people do not want to interact with you, and they will not want to have sex with you.
6. Sleep And Depression & Anxiety
If the brain is considered as the biggest sex organ, having good mental health can help you have a healthy sex life. This is because chronic sleep debt can cause long-term mood disorders such as depression and anxiety. Then, depression can eliminate or reduce the pleasure drawn from sex.
If you want to know natural treatments for stress, read on Top 48 Best Home Remedies For Stress Relief And Removal
7. Sleep And Better Emotions
We all know that a poor night’s sleep will put you in a bad mood. Sleep deprivation has been found to lead to more negative feelings, so this can negatively affect couples’ sex lives. Moreover, if your sleep deprivation occurs a few days, then you can have less sex overall. According to a study, 20% of respondents have sex less often or even lose interest in sex as they are too sleepy. Therefore, if you are concerned about a decreased libido, then having enough sleep can help you deal with it.
If you want to know other ways on how sleep affects men’s sexual health, you should continue to read the rest of this article right now!
8. Sleep And Focus
When you sleep, your body get much-needed time to recover yourself. With less sleep, your body has to recover yourself with less time. As a result, you are more likely to make mistakes. When you do not sleep, you have to correct your errors that you have made, hence having less time to focus on your sexual life. Besides, when you are tired, you may find it hard to have good sexual performance in bed.
9. Sleep And Decreased Sperm Count
According to a research , sleep not only affects your sexual desire, but it also affects your fertility. According to a study, a lack of sleep can reduce the sperm count and reduce the quality of semen in men. This occurs because most of the hormone secretion will be dictated by the body’s natural cycle. In case the sleep cycle is interrupted, the body will not release enough reproductive hormones, hence affecting overall fertility.
II. How To Have Good Night’s Sleep
To relax and enjoy the good moment with your partner, you can consider applying the following simple tips:
- Know how much sleep you require. Adults from the ages from 18 to 64 require 7- 9 hours of night sleep. You can move up your bedtime until you have enough sleep and feel refreshed and well-rested.
- Initiate sex with your partner. Having sex may be helpful. This is because sex increases the oxytocin hormone and decreases the cortisol hormone. Besides, having an orgasm will also release prolactin, a hormone that makes you feel sleepy and relaxed.
- About 3 hours before your bedtime, you should turn off TV, computer, and your smartphone.
- Make use of daily sunlight or artificial bright light in order to improve your sleep quality and duration.
- Avoid consuming caffeine late in the day. This is because it can enhance energy, focus, and sports performance, hence worsening your sleep quality.
- Reduce long daytime naps because they can negatively affect your sleep quality.
- Take a melatonin supplement. Melatonin is an important sleep hormone that signals the brain when it is good time to go to bed.
- Consider using other supplements that can induce relaxation. They include ginkgo biloba, glycine , valerian root, magnesium, L-Theanine, lavender, etc. Just ensure that you just try these supplements one at a time.
- Drinking alcohol at night can affect your sleep. So, you should avoid drinking it before bed.
- Optimize your bedroom environment including temperature, noise, external lights, furniture choice and arrangement, etc. in order to make your bedroom a relaxing environment.
- Take a relaxing shower or bath to improve overall sleep quality.
- Exercise regularly can improve all aspects of sleep. Although daily exercise is important for a good sleep per night, doing exercises too late can also cause problems with sleep.
After reading this interesting article, we hope that all of my readers, especially male readers can know the ways on how sleep affects men’s sexual health. Then, you should try to have enough sleep if you want to have better sexual life. If you think that this list can help other men around you who are facing sexual problems, you should share this list with them as soon as possible. Also, if you have any ideas about this topic, you can leave your comments in the comment box below. One more thing, if you want to know more about sexual health facts, you can visit our Sexual Health Category.