Many people do not know the amazing health benefits of baking soda, which is an ingredient we often use to enhance the tastes of bread and cookies. Surprisingly, this ingredient can support your weight loss process, including tricky areas such as the arm, thigh, stomach, and the back. Therefore, if you want to speed up your weight loss process, you should consider using this ingredient.
How To Use Baking Soda To Speed Up The Weight Loss Process – Top 7 Ways
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the simplest ways on how to use baking soda for weight loss that you can make use with ease at home. All of the following remedies are very effective and they are also easy to make at home; therefore, you should consider applying any of these remedies as soon as possible.
- I. Baking Soda And Its Effect On Weight Loss
- II. How To Use Baking Soda To Speed Up The Weight Loss Process
- 1. Baking Soda And Lemon Juice
- 2. Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3. Baking Soda And Green Tea
- 4. Baking Soda Water Drink
- 5. Baking Soda And Strawberry
- 6. Baking Soda Sports Drink
- 7. Baking Soda And Grapefruit
I. Baking Soda And Its Effect On Weight Loss
According to a study , baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is known as an alkaline salt. When consuming baking soda, it can react with the stomach acid in order to release byproducts, which causes burping. Baking soda is often used to include in quick breads and cookies. Besides, you can add it to your bathwater or use it as a natural deodorant.
Some other benefits of baking soda include:
- Prevent kidney stones
- Regulate the uric acid levels
- Reduce stomach acid
- Treat infections, indigestion and oral problems
- Relieve urinary tract infections
- Exfoliate the body
- Whiten tooth
When it comes to ways on how to use baking soda for weight loss, as baking soda can soothe your indigestion by neutralizing the acids in your stomach, it is believed to help the body break down fat. In fact, it does not have direct effect on body fat and you just lose weight when you eat fewer calories than those you burn.
Baking soda will not cause you to lose weight, yet it could help you speed up your weight loss process. Besides, baking soda can also help improve the endurance and speed in cardiovascular exercise, helping you burn more calories during workouts.
Read on How To Maintain A Healthy Weight Without Harsh Dieting to discover some of the simplest ways that can help you maintain a healthy weight without following a harsh diet.
II. How To Use Baking Soda To Speed Up The Weight Loss Process
Here are some simple ways to use baking soda for weight loss and better health that you should consider making use:
1. Baking Soda And Lemon Juice
This is the first way on how to use baking soda for weight loss that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to consider applying for good. According to a research about lemon juice and weight loss , lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and fat-burning properties, so they are consider as a favorite of dieters. When you mix lemon juice with baking soda, you will be able to speed up the fat burning and weight loss processes. Here are the recipes for you to use baking soda and lemon juice.
- Add 1 tsp. of baking soda to a glass of warm water
- Then, add the fresh juice from a half lemon to it.
- Mix the mixture well and then drink it every morning, ideally when you are on an empty stomach.
List of Top 34 Best Foods For Fat Loss And Muscle Gain will show you some of the healthy foods that you should consume to boost up the fat loss and muscle gain process, so check it out!
2. Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar
When it comes to ways on how to use baking soda to speed up the weight loss, you can consider applying this remedy as soon as possible. The combination of baking soda and apple cider vinegar may be good for the human health. This combination is low in calories and it can help to suppress your appetite. Besides, it can help you lose more pounds by speeding your metabolism and also slowing down digestion. To make a drink from baking soda and apple cider vinegar, you just need to take the following steps:
- Mix 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, ½ tbsp. of baking soda in a glass of water
- Drink this solution every morning, ideally, about 20-30 minutes before breakfast.
To know some of the best foods that you should consume to boost up metabolism for both men and women, read on 10 Foods To Increase Metabolism For Men And Women
3. Baking Soda And Green Tea
When we are looking for ways on how to use baking soda to speed up the weight loss process, the combination of baking soda and green tea may be helpful. We all know that green tea offers many health benefits, from fighting cancer to improving your heart health, from reducing the cholesterol levels to lowering the risk of developing type-2 diabetes. Some studies show that green tea has a powerful antioxidant called catechins, which can boost the burning of calories, thereby supporting your weight loss. To use baking soda and green tea in order to speed up the weight loss, you just need to take the following steps:
- Pour the hot water into a glass of green tea leaves
- Let it steep for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add ¼ tsp. of baking soda to the glass and mix them well.
- When the fizz has settled, you can sip it.
If you want to know some of the best homemade drinks that you can make with ease at home, read on List Of 29 Best Easy Homemade Drinks To Make At Home
4. Baking Soda Water Drink
The fact is that baking soda can help to reduce heartburn and indigestion by neutralizing acids in the stomach. And, according to a study about digestive health , some digestive problems can contribute to long-term weight gain. To make a baking soda water drink, you just need to take the following steps:
- Simply, add ½ tsp. of baking powder to 2 cups of water.
- Then, drink this mixture about 60 minutes after having meals to get relief.
Actually, this is known as one of the best ways on how to use baking soda for weight loss that you should know and then try to apply for good. Also, there are some other uses of baking soda for weight loss in this article. So, you should keep reading this interesting article rigt now.
5. Baking Soda And Strawberry
Other ways to use baking soda for weight loss that you should try must include the combination of baking soda and strawberry. You can consider adding some baking soda to a strawberry smoothie in order to stimulate your fat burning. Strawberries can help to increase the body’s metabolism and also suppress the appetite. To make baking soda and strawberry smoothie, you will need to take the following steps:
- Mix 1 cup of strawberry, 1 tbsp. of baking soda, 1-2 lemon, 2 cups of water and some fresh mint leaves in a blender.
- Drink it at least once per day.
- Note: You can add some ice cubes to the drink to get more refreshing taste.
6. Baking Soda Sports Drink
Another way on how to use baking soda for weight loss is that you can try making a baking soda sports drink at home. Your sports drink may do more harm than good. According to a research about diabetes , the consumption of these drinks may even cause type- 2 diabetes. And, using baking soda can be a good solution for you. Actually, baking soda can be used to take place of your sugary sports drinks. Now, I will show you how to make baking soda sports drink in case you perform high-intensity exercise.
- Heat 5 cups of coconut water over low heat
- Then, mix ¼ tbsp. of baking soda in them and wait until it completely dissolves.
- Mix ½ cup of lemon juice, ¼ cup of honey and ½ tbsp. of sea salt in the coconut water.
- Finally, pour this mixture into a bottle and enjoy your homemade sports drink
7. Baking Soda And Grapefruit
This is the last way on how to use baking soda to speed up the weight loss that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to consider applying for good. To use the mixture of baking soda and grapefruit as a weight loss booster, you will need to follow the instructions below:
- Add 1 tsp. of baking soda to 1/2 glass of water and then mix it until dissolved
- Mix grapefruit juice in this solution.
- Drink it in the morning after waking up.
- After 20 minutes, you have your breakfast as normal
All of the ways to use baking soda to boost up the weight loss as I mentioned above are really effective. However, keep in mind that it is very important to follow a balanced diet and physical activity to make sure that you will get a well-shaped body. Although side effects of baking soda are not common, you should consult your doctor if you notice any of the side effects when consuming baking soda. If you suffer from high blood pressure, kidney , diabetes, or heart problems, or if you are pregnant and nursing women, you should avoid ingesting baking soda. Besides, if you are taking medication, consult your doctor before consuming baking soda because this combination can result in some adverse effects such as headache, nausea, stomachache, bloody urine, weakness, etc.
All of the ways on how to use baking soda for weight loss as I mentioned above are very effective. Therefore, if you want to lose weight with the help of baking soda, you should consider applying one or more of these remedies as soon as possible. Also, if you know other ways on how to use baking soda to speed up the weight loss process, remember to share them with other readers by leaving your comments in the comment box below.