Restless nights are a common result of bed bug bites. These little pests often feed on your blood at night, causing itchiness on the skin. Their bites are often common on the exposed skin areas like the face, arms, hands and neck. Some people may not know that these bites while others may notice some symptoms such as red itchy rashes.
- How To Get Rid Of Head Lice Egg On Scalp With 23 Best Tips/ 20 Best Ways On How To Get Rid Of Sunburn Blisters On Skin
List Of 37 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Bed Bug Bites On Skin
Now, in this article, I want to show you some of the best ways that can help you reduce the symptoms of bed bug bites with the help of the natural ingredients. So, if you are looking for how to get rid of bed bug bites fast, keep your eyes on this article right now.
I. Symptoms Of Bed Bug Bites
After being bitten, some people may have an allergic reaction with burning and swelling at the bites. The red, itchy bites often occur on the shoulders or arms, yet they can also occur on the facial skin. Bed bug bite marks may occur a few hours or even a few days after being bitten. It may take up to 2 weeks for these bite marks to become itchy. The bed bug bites lasts a few days and then slowly go away, but they sometimes last longer.
Some people experience the following symptoms of a bed bug bite
- A bite with a swollen area with a red center
- Blisters at the bite site
- Bites in a line or gathered in a small area
Generally, bed bug bites do not transmit any diseases; however, excessive scratching may result in a skin infection. If you developan allergic skin reaction, or a skin infection, you need to see a dermatologist.
Read on 15 Home Remedies For Itchy Skin Relief On Face And Body to discover some of the best ways that can help you relieve the itchy skin on both face and body.
II. How To Get Rid Of Bed Bug Bites Naturally
There are some home remedies for bed bug bites that you can apply in order to reduce the itchiness and red rashes caused by these bites. They include:
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is known as a natural astringent, so it can help to dry out rashes and reduce itching caused due to bed bug bites. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties found in lemon juice can help to reduce swelling and redness and simultaneously prevent further infection.
- Soak a clean cotton ball in some lemon juice and then place it on your bed bud bites
- Leave it on until it dries out naturally and then wash it off
- Repeat this remedy a few times per day.
- Note: Using lemon juice can make your skin sensitive to sunlight. So, you should avoidgoing out in the sun for several hours after using lemon juice.
List of 17 Home Remedies For Rosacea Rash On Facial And Body Skin will show you some of the best ways that can help you get rid of rosacea rash on both facial and body skin, so check it out!
2. Aloe Vera Gel
This is another great way on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to apply for good. Aloe vera gel contains soothing properties that help reduce burning and itching caused by bed bug bites. Also, according to an overview of aloe , aloe vera gel boosts the healing process by keeping the skin moisturized.
- Take out the gel from an aloe vera leaf
- Then, apply the gel on your bed bug bites
- Repeat this remedy several times a day for a few days.
Oatmeal has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, so using oatmeal is a great way to reduce skin itching and irritation caused by bed bug bites and other skin problems like eczema and psoriasis.
- Add a few teaspoons of oatmeal to some water to create a paste.
- Then, apply the paste on your affected skin areas
- Leave it on for about 15- 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat this remedy a few times for several days.
- Mix ½ cup of ground oatmeal in lukewarm bathwater to make an oatmeal bath.
- Also, add some peppermint essential oil to the bathwater.
- Soak yourself in this bath for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy for a few days.
If you want to know best ways that can help you treat eczema on body skin, read on How To Get Rid Of Eczema On Leg And Hands Fast – 24 Tips
Cucumber slices can help to relieve itching and swelling caused due to bed bug bites. This is because cucumber contains caffeic acid and vitamin C that offer amazing anti-inflammatory effects. So, if you are suffering from bed bug bites, you should consider adding this remedy to your skincare routine.
- Place a piece of cucumber on your bed bug bites
- Then, leave it on for about 10-15 minutes.
- Also, you can place the pieces in the fridge before using for a more soothing effect.
- Repeat this remedy whenever you need a relief from the itchiness.
5. Cold Pack
When it comes to great ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites on skin fast and naturally at home, you should try applying a cold pack at home. The cold temperature can help relieve the itching sensation caused due to bed bug bites and other bites. Also, it will help calm the swelling.
- Cover several ice cubes with a thin towel.
- Then, place it on your affected skin areas.
- Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes
- Repeat this treatment as needed.
6. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is mostly used as a cleanser. But, it can also help relieve itching and inflammation caused by bed bug bites since it has a mild anesthetic effect. Therefore, if you are looking for a great way on how to get rid of bed bug bites, witch hazel may be one of the best solutions for you.
- Soak a clean cotton ball in some witch hazel.
- Then, place it on your affected skin areas.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes before removing the cotton ball.
- Repeat this home remedy as needed.
To know some of the best tips that can help you take care of sensitive skin for both women and men, read on 14 Ways On How To Take Care Of Sensitive Skin For Men And Women
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar is another great way on how to get rid of bed bug bites because it helps ease itching and burning, due to its anti-inflammatory properties. In case you do not get apple cider vinegar in your kitchen, you can considerusing white vinegar instead.
- Apply raw apple cider vinegar on your affected skin areas.
- Let it dry out naturally before washing it off with clean water
- Reapply this remedy after a few hours if your itchiness still remains.
8. Tea Bags
Tea bags can help reduce the swelling and itching caused by bed bug bites. These tea bags contain tannins along with mild anesthetic and astringent properties, making them one of the most effective ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast.
- Cool a used tea bag in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Then, place it on your affected skin areas for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy as needed.
9. Coconut Oil
There are many essential oils that can be used for bed bug bites and one of them is coconut oil.
Coconut oil is known as a great carrier oil and you can use this oil to relieve itching and also prevent further skin infections. Actually, coconut oil offers many medicinal properties to reduce inflammation and pain. When you use essential oils combined with coconut oil to treat bed bug bites, it is recommended to add 2-3 drops of essential oil to 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.
10. Baking Soda
Baking sodahelps to neutralize acidic chemicals that may cause the itching caused by bed bug bites. Also, according to a study about the uses of baking soda for rashes , baking soda also helps relieve swelling and redness thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mix 1 tsp. of baking soda with 3 tsp. of water.
- Apply this mixture on your affected skin areas.
- Allow it to sit on for about 10 minutes before you wash it off.
- Reapply this remedy after 30- 45 minutes if the itchiness persists.
Toothpaste is another great way on how to get rid of bed bug bites on skin naturally and fast at home. This is because toothpastehas cooling menthol that helps in relieving the burning and itching sensations. Just ensure that you use white toothpaste for the best results.
- Apply some white toothpaste on your affected skin areas.
- Allow it to sit on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this remedy as needed.
12. Soap And Water
Washing the bed bug bites with soapy water can help reduce itchiness and also prevent a further infection.
- Use a soap bar and enough water in order to get a thick, soapy lather in your hands.
- Apply the lather over your affected skin areas.
- Repeat this process until all of the affected areas are covered.
- Leave it on without rinsing.
- Let the soap lather dry out naturally and enjoy an instant relief.
13. Calamine Lotion
When applied to the bed bug bites, calamine lotion will provide you with a relief from the itching. Also, it will help to dry these rashes and boost the healing process.Apply calamine lotion on your bed bud bites 2-3 times a day for the fastest result.
There are other great ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites on skin fast and naturally at home in this article. So, you should keep reading this article and then consider applying one or more of these home remedies as soon as possible.
14. Manuka Honey
According to a study about Manuka honey health benefits , Manuka honey contains medicinal properties that can help relieve itchiness and also heal bacterial skin infections. You just need to dab some raw honey on your affected skin areas toease the irritation. Also, honey should be applied to these bed bug bites to help prevent the development of the secondary skin infections.
Actually, there is some evidence that honey can help create a protective barrier on our skin, reduce itching and simultaneously prevent further infections. You can keep dabbing raw honey throughout the day whenever you want to scratch these rashes.
15. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea offers soothing effects on our skin and mind. The protective and anti-inflammatory properties found in chamomile make it a great herb to reduce inflammation and itching and also boost up the healing process. Chamomile tea is also safe, so you can use this tea for long-term use without needing to worry about unwanted side effect.
- At first, place a chamomile teabag into a cup of boiling water.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then place the used bag in the fridge.
- Use the cool teabag as a cold compress on your bed bug bites to relieve irritation and itchiness.
- Alternatively, add 5-10 drops of the essential chamomile oil to your warm bathwaterto relieve itching caused by bed bug bites.
16. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can be used to treat many skin problems, including bed bugs bitesthanks to its anti-fungal and antiseptic properties. You just need to applythe diluted tea tree oil on your affected skin areas, 2-3 times a day. However, pregnant or breastfeeding women should not use this home remedy. Also, you should avoid using tea tree oil without diluting it because it may lead to irritation.
Alcohol is a very great disinfectant, making it one of the most effective ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast and naturally at home. The only thing you need to do is to apply some alcohol on your affected skin areas and then hold it with a bandage. Also, you can use rubbing alcohol to clean off the bite areas.
When it comes to great ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast on skin right at home, you can try making use of deodorant at the comfort of your own home. Deodorant can help to reduce the swelling and pain right away. Just need to spray some deodorant on your bed bug bites and enjoy a relief.
19. Lavender Oil
Lavender essential oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can be used toreduce swelling and itchiness and relieve allergic reactions. Also, lavender oil when used topically can help to relieve allergic skin reactions. You can dab some lavender oil directly onto your bed bug bites. For larger rash areas, mix lavender oil with some coconut oil to form an anti-itch cream.
To remove itchiness and pain from the bed bug bites, you can consider cutting a raw potato and then apply the potato juicy on your affected skin areas gently. Repeat this process if necessary. Actually, using potato is a great way on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast on skin naturally at home that you should consider applying for good.
21. Cinnamon And Honey
Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory properties, so it can be used to treat skin rashes. Meanwhile, honey can moisturize the skin, so it can be used to reduce the risk of turning bites into open wound.
- Mix honey and cinnamon together to create a paste-like consistency.
- Then, apply this paste on your bed bug bites
- Allow it to dry out naturally before washing.
- Repeat this process regularly.
- Alternatively, mix some crushed cinnamon with some water and then apply it on your affected skin to stop any further infection.
22. Calendula Oil
Using calendula oil is a great treatment for itchiness and swelling caused by bed bud bites. You can mix some calendula oil with coconut oil and then use this paste on your affected areas. Alternatively, you can use a calendula cream to reduce itchiness.
In fact, this is known as an effective way on how to get rid of bed bug bites on skin that you should not look down, yet try to apply a soon as possible.
23. Banana Peel
According to a study, banana peel contains carotenoids and polyphenols compounds that can help relieve swelling and itchiness caused due to bed bug bites. Simply, rub the inner side of a banana peel on your affected skin areas. Then, repeat this remedy a few times a day for the faster results.
24. Preparation H
This is another great way on how to get rid of bed bug bites that you should try out. Preparation H can help relieve the swelling and itching, and also boosts the healing process. The only thing you need to do is to apply some of this solution on your bed bug bites. Repeat this process until your itching has gone.
Mud contains natural clay that contains antibacterial properties. So, this is one of the best remedies to treat the bed bug bites that you should try out. Apply some wet mud on your bed bug bites and then allow it to dry naturally. Then, remove it using some tepid water.
When you are looking for effective ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast and naturally, you should consider making use of garlic at home. Garlic contains powerful antibiotic properties, so consuming it regularly can help boost the healing process. To use garlic as a bed bug bite treatment, include garlic in your diet plan or eat raw garlic.
Onion can offer you an instant relief from bites from bed bugs because it is rich in sulphur, which can make it a great therapeutic agent. Simply, cut an onion into some slices and then rub them gently over your bites.
This is also known as an effective way on how to get rid of bed bug bites on skin. You just need to crush a sugar cube in a wet cloth and then place it on your bed bug bites for an instant relief.
It is so amazing to know that water can help reduce the pain, itchiness and inflammation from bed bug bites. Simply, place your affected skin areas under warm or cool running water to reduce the pain. Alternatively, damp a cloth piece in some water and then place it on your bed bug bites.
With the help of an egg, you can remove the toxins from your bed bug bites with ease. The only thing you need to do is to apply the egg skin on your affected skin areas and allow it to dry out naturally.
Mouthwash contains antiseptic properties, making it a great agent to treat the bed bug bites. Simply, soak a cotton ball into the mouthwash and then apply it on your bitten areas.
32. Nail Paint
It is so amazing, but it works well to reduce swelling and itchiness caused by bed bug bites. Apply some nail paint on your affected skin areas and enjoy a relief from the pain. Actually, this is another great way on how to get rid of bed bug bites that you should not look down, yet try to apply for good.
Using a spoon can be an effective treatment for bed bug bites naturally. Dip a steel spoon in some hot water for about 20 seconds. Then, take it out and place it on your bed bug bites. Repeat this process about 2-3 times. Remember that you should not place a very hot spoon on your skin because it can irritate and burn your skin.
Other great ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites on skin must include salt. Using salt on your itching bites can give you a relief from the swelling and pain and also boost the healing process. Mix some salt inwater and then apply the salt water on your bites. Leave it on there until it dries out naturally.
35. Marshmallow Roots
According to a research about benefits and uses of marshmallow , this natural herb has many medicinal properties. You can apply marshmallow roots to your affected skin to relieve swelling and inflammation. Simply, make marshmallow poultice and then apply it on your bed bug bites. However, pregnant and breastfeeding women should ask your doctor before using this herb. Also, it can reduce blood sugar levels, so those with diabetes should be careful when using this herb.
Basil is another herbal treatment for many skin diseases, including bed bug bites. Make a paste from fresh basil leaves and then apply it on your bed bug bites to relieve irritation naturally. Actually, this is an effective way on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast that a lot of people with bug bites have been making use to reduce the swelling and itching on skin.
37. Lemon Balm
This is the last but very important way on how to get rid of bed bug bites fast that I want to mention in this article and want all of my readers to apply as soon as possible, especially if you are suffering from these itching rashes. This herb has been used as a treatment for bed bug bites. These leaves are known as the main ingredient of various homeopathic remedies. Lemon balm oil can be used in aromatherapy  as well.
Others tips that can help you get rid of bed bug bites:
- Avoid scratching the bites because it can lead to skin infections.
- Regularly vacuum clean the whole house to reduce the risks of the bed bug invasion in your home.
- Avoid using secondhand furniture because they can have bed bugs.
- Wash clothes on high temperature to kill off bedbugs
- Avoid making use of insecticides as they are highly toxic.
You need to consult your doctor if your bed bug bites do not go awayafter applying natural remedies. Also, you should see a doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Multiple bites
- A severe allergic skin reaction
- Skin infection symptoms
After reading this interesting article, I hope that you and my other readers of Healthy Guide can try to apply one or more of these home remedies for bed bug bites for good. Actually, all of these natural treatments as I mentioned above are effective in reducing the itchiness and swelling on skin and also boost the healing process without causing any unwanted side effect; therefore, all of you can feel free to apply these remedies at home. Also, if you know other people around you who are facing this skin problem, remember to share this list with them as soon as possible. One more thing, if you know other effective ways on how to get rid of bed bug bites on skin, you can share them with us by leaving your comments below.