Burping, also called eructation or belching, is one of the ways your body expels excess gas from the stomach. This problem is usually accompanied with a typical sound and, at times, an odor. The gas in the stomach can also lead to cramps and abdominal pain that vary in the duration and severity.
- 14 Tips How to Stop Excessive Burping and Gas after Eating at Night Fast/ 41 Home Remedies for Acid Reflux while Pregnant, in Toddlers & Infants
List Of Best Tips On How To Get Rid Of Burping Excessively At Home To Try Out!
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the best home remedies for burping that can be used in both adults and babies. So, if you or anyone else around you is facing this health issue, you should keep both of your eyes on this article right now.
I. Introduction & Causes Of Burping
Burping is sometimes related to an underlying medical disease, such as fructose malabsorption, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcers, gastritis, celiac disease, and lactose intolerance.
Though burping is a natural function of your body, it can cause embarrassment and even discomfort at times. To prevent and cure burping, you can make use of some simple home treatments to relief gas formation in your stomach.
Note: Occasional burping is normal and not a serious or concerning issue towards almost everyone. However, you need to consult your doctor as the persistent burping could lead to an underlying digestive disorder.
2. Causes Of Burping
There are 2 main trigger factors of burping poor digestion of food or swallowing excess air while eating that results in an overproduction of gas in our digestive system.
- Underlying Digestive Issues
Persistent burping could be a symptom of digestive diseases that require medical cure. Some examples are peptic ulcer disease (painful sores in the stomach lining) and delayed gastric emptying (gastroparesis). Gallstones and gallbladder issues can, in some cases, cause some signs such as burping. Even more rarely, stomach cancer or the oesophagus can explain the serious burping issue.
- Swallowing Excess Air
Consuming foods or drinking too fast can make you swallow too much air. Belching or burping is the way that the body releases that excess air. Sucking on sweets, chewing gum, drinking through straws, and wearing loose dentures may be the triggers for swallowing of excess air.
Belching is common in people with acid reflux or heartburn. As the stomach acids rise up the oesophagus, it is natural to swallow more for lessening the discomfort. Belching can aid a lot in releasing the excessive air related to constant swallowing.
If the burping is persistent and accompanied by signs and symptoms, including pain, nausea, bloody stools, fever or weight loss, you should consult a doctor.
II. Quick Tips How To Get Rid Of Burping While Pregnant
- Eat foods slowly, as eating fast may make you swallow more air that can lead to hiccups and burping.
- Chew your foods thoroughly with your mouth closed and do not talk as chewing foods.
- Drink beverages slowly for not swallowing excess air.
- Do not use straws when drinking beverages, particularly carbonated drinks.
- Avoid sucking on hard candy.
- If you wear dentures, ensure that they are all properly fitted. Poorly adjusted dentures make you swallow air and chew abnormally.
- Stop smoking, as inhaling cigarette smoke leads to excessive swallowed air.
- Take a brisk walk within about ten to fifteen minutes after having meals.
- Reduce your stress level, as excessive stress can affect the breathing and lead to excessive air swallowing.
II. Home Remedies For Excessive Burping
Whilst burping is a natural phenomenon, if it stays for long, the issue should be well – taken care of. Moreover, it is really embarrassing and uncomfortable in front of others. There are a number of natural treatments which can subside or decrease your burping, some of which are explained below.
Here is the first tip on how to get rid of burping gas and indigestion excessively while pregnant that everyone should keep their head on for good!
Fennel is a traditional home treatment that can help to reduce signs and symptoms of excessive burping.
Its carminative nature can help to soothe the digestive tract and prevent the production of gas as well as other digestive issues, such as bloating, indigestion, and heartburn. There are two ways people can make use at home as a natural remedy with the support of fennel to reduce burping:
- First, try adding 1 tsp. of crushed fennel seeds to a cup of hot water. Allow it to steep within about ten minutes, then strain it. Consume the tea 2 times per day to achieve the best results.
- Chew ½ to 1 tsp. of dry-roasted fennel seeds after consuming a meal to reduce belching and expel gas via the intestinal tract.
2. How To Get Rid Of Burping Gas And Indigestion – Cardamom
Cardamom can help to increase the formation of digestive juices in the stomach, thereby relieving the chance of gas production at the same time. In fact, cardamom and the usage of this herbal remedy is among the best tips on how to get rid of burping indigestion and gas while pregnant that people, especially pregnant moms should try at home for good!
The carminative property of cardamom can help a lot in supporting the digestion and reducing bloating and flatulence. Here are 2 ways to make use of this herbal remedy to deal with gas and burping at the comfort of your own home:
- Try chewing a few whole pods of cardamom two or three times throughout the day to reduce stomach gas.
- In addition, add to 1 cup of boiling water with 1 tsp. of crushed cardamom pods. Allow it to simmer within about five to ten minutes. Strain, add some honey and consume it after having any meal.
3. How To Get Rid Of Burping Gas And Indigestion – Chamomile
Another herbal remedy that can help to cure burping is chamomile. Consuming chamomile tea lets the abdominal gas release via the system instead of burping. It can also help in relieving intestinal cramping.
A study  published in Molecular Medicine in 2011 noted that chamomile can help to soothe the stomach and relieve stomach gas. It can be used for treating a lot of gastrointestinal diseases and problems, such as upset stomach, spasms, flatulence, and colic. Follow these steps for a perfect tip on how to get rid of burping excessively naturally at home with the help of chamomile:
- Place 1 chamomile teabag into a cup and pour one cup of boiled water over it.
- Allow it to stay within about five to ten minutes.
- Remove the teabag and sip the chamomile tea.
- Consume this tea two or three times throughout the day to achieve the best results.
4. How To Get Rid Of Burping Indigestion And Gas – Probiotic Foods
Probiotic foods can aid a lot in restoring the natural balance of the bacteria inside your gut. A bacteria imbalance in the digestive system can contribute to burping and gas formation.
Probiotic food items can even help to cure different digestive issues, ranging from diarrhea to constipation, from bloating to irritable bowel syndrome. There are two ways on how to get rid of burping gas and indigestion naturally with probiotic foods that people can try at home:
- After consulting your doctor, you can choose taking probiotic supplements.
- Some of the best probiotic food items that you can consume are kefir, Greek yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, sour pickles, and buttermilk.
Peppermint is another natural remedy that can be used as a tip on how to get rid of burping while pregnant effectively can does not cause any unwanted side effect. The antispasmodic property of peppermint can aid a lot in relaxing the digestive tract, which can reduce the formation of gas in the stomach. It can even help to boost the flow of bile and improve the overall digestion. Follow these simple steps to deal with excessive burping at home:
- Add 1 tsp. of dried peppermint leaves into 1 cup of hot water.
- Allow it to stay within about ten minutes, then strain it.
- Consume this tea two or three times throughout the day.
Note: People who have a history of gallstones should not make use of this herbal remedy.
Ginger is a useful tip on how to get rid of burping excessively at home and can help to prevent excessive gas, according to a research .
The carminative properties can aid a lot in relaxing the gastrointestinal muscles, hence preventing bloating, burping, and gas. It can help to promote digestion, calm the stomach and help a lot in relieving abdominal pain.
- Put 1 tbsp. of thin ginger slices in 1 cup of hot water. Cover and let it to stay within about ten minutes. Strain, add lemon juice and a little honey, and consume it two or three times throughout the day.
- In addition, you can try taking a ginger supplement. Consult your doctor for the exact dosage.
7. How To Get Rid Of Burping Excessively – Avoid Gas-Producing Foods
All your efforts to prevent burping will be meaningless unless you avoid consuming gas-producing food items. Foods high in carbohydrate as well as fatty sources often lead to gas and should be avoided or limited for some time. Some of the food items that produce gas include carbonated drinks, red wine, and beer.
- Milk and other dairy products that have lactose
- Beans and other legumes
- Fruits like melons, bananas, peaches, apricots, prunes, pears, and raw apples
- Sugar and sugar substitutes
- Wheat and wheat bran
- Packaged foods which have lactose, such as cereals and breads
- Veggies like asparagus, raw potatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, onions, green peppers, radishes, peas, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower
8. Holy Basil
Another effective tip on how to get rid of burping indigestion and gas you should make use at home is holy basil, according to a research . Its carminative and antispasmodic properties can aid a lot in expelling gas and easing other gastrointestinal discomforts, such as bloating, stomach pain, and indigestion. Here are two ways to make use of this herbal remedy to deal with burping you can choose:
- Slowly chew 4 to 5 holy basil leaves every morning for burping prevention.
- You can also consume basil tea two or three times throughout the day. To prepare this herbal tea, steep 1 tsp. of basil leaves into a cup of hot water within about five minutes. Strain, add honey and consume the liquid.
If you are breastfeeding or pregnant, do not use in larger quantities than that normally used in foods and avoid tinctures because they have high levels of alcohol.
9. How To Get Rid Of Burping Excessively – Asafetida
Asafetida, also called ‘hing’, can control the gas production due to acidity, thanks to the antiflatulent content of it. It also contains antispasmodic properties that can aid a lot in alleviating stomachaches triggered by abdominal gas. Asafetida has been pretty famous for centuries due to its ability to relieve burping. They check the gas formation thanks to the acidity and can help people stop having the existing gas that became trapped during talking, drinking, and swallowing. Asafetida can give instant reduction from the pain by clearing the gas from the body. You should try swallowing a few asafetida seeds with water and allow it to pass through your system in raw form. Sometime, due to the presence of gas in the stomach, people may suffer from a serious stomach ache. Asafetida is considered one of the best home medicine that can help to fight stomach ache and gas effective.
- Try mixing a pinch of asafetida in 1 glass of warm water. Consume it two or three times throughout the day.
- In addition, use asafetida powder while preparing soups and curries.
Note: Avoid consuming asafetida if you take high blood pressure medication.
10. Anise Seeds
Anise seeds have a lot of components that can support the digestion and cure belching. Its carminative properties can aid a lot in expelling the gas buildup in your digestive tract and reducing bloating at the same time.
A study  published in ISRN Pharmaceutics in 2012 highlighted many health advantages of anise, such as gastric protective and muscle relaxant properties. There are two ways on how to get rid of burping excessively at home with the aid of anise seeds you can make use right away:
- First, try adding 1 tsp. of lightly crushed anise seeds to one cup of boiling water. Cover, allow it to steep within about five minutes and then strain it. Consume the tea two times per day.
- Chew ½ tsp. of anise seeds to support the digestion after a meal and aid in reducing the production of gas.
11. Avoid Chewing Gum And Cigarettes
This is the last but not the least tip on how to get rid of burping gas and indigestion naturally at home that we would like to introduce in the entire article today and readers of Healthy Guide should not skip at all costs!
Aerophagia  often happens due to the excess production of saliva. Hence, chewing gum and smoking must be avoided to relieve the salivation.
In people who have a milk intolerance, natural remedies are not useful, as the enzyme responsible for the milk breakdown is missing. Those people should look for medical support from prestigious experts, as there are drugs that can release bubbles after consuming milk. To sum up, burping is a natural process and it should not be eliminated, “cured”, or healed. Proper foods and healthy eating habits can allow you to relieve the excessive burping issue, but if you have gas built up, burping is still a natural healthy process of our body after all.
After reading this interesting article, we hope that all of my readers can find some of the best solutions helpful to deal with the symptoms of burping. Actually, all of the home remedies for burping that we mentioned above are safe and effective in treating the burping symptoms without causing any unwanted side effects. Therefore, you can feel secure when applying any of these home remedies. Now, if you know other effective tips on how to get rid of burping indigestion and gas naturally at home, you can share them with us by leaving your comments in the comment section below.