Before learning how to reduce double chin and face fat in a week, let’s discover some information about this issue and its causes.
I. Definition Of A Double Chin
A double chin is known as submental fat that is usually found under the chin. A double chin may be not possibly a sign of aging but some people have it when growing old. Hence, it is necessary to determine the exact cause of appearing double chin. This can help you use the most effective remedies. You easily notice a double chin when inspecting your profile or photographs.
II. Causes Of A Double Chin
There are many different causes leading to a double chin. However, in today’s writing, Healthyguide will list some that are the most common and likely factors that can cause the skin around your chin to sag. Below are several causes you should know:
The genes can decide the face’s shape and the areas containing fat deposits. Therefore, some people may inherit a double chin. Ones with a round face will be more likely to have a double chin than others. In addition, the diet of your family also contributes to the appearance of a double chin.
- Being Overweight
If you are overweight, your body will start storing more fat than normal. After filling up the usual regions such as the stomach, arms, and thighs, the fat continues to find its way to your chin, thus leading to causing a double chin.
Besides, losing weight quickly after being fat is also a cause of a double chin. This is because sudden weight loss will make the skin in your chin and neck areas become very loose.
Another cause is a fatty diet. If people who are not fat do not exercise regularly, they can have the development of a double chin.
- Growing Old
Your metabolism slows down when you grow old. You start losing the mass of muscles, your bones become weaker, and your skin loses its elasticity gradually. This is responsible for a double chin.
III. The Health Risks Of A Double Chin
Normally, a double chin is considered a cosmetic issue. However, in several circumstances, having a double chin can cause a few serious health risks. Even though the health risks of level are not high, it is better to get yourself checked in order to eliminate the danger.
A double chin may likely lead to having sleep apnea. This is meaning that you stop breathing for short periods while you sleeping. If you notice this, you must see your doctor as soon as possible.
A double chin can also harm the hyoid bone that is in the lower jaw supporting the tongue. When this bone is dislocated due to a birth defect or an injury, it leads to everything that is ingested through your windpipe instead of your food pipe as usual. If this problem is not dealt with in time, the consequences may be quite serious and you can even suffer from pneumonia.
IV. Ways Getting Rid Of Double Chin
Because a double chin makes you unconfident and causes some health risks, you can want to get rid of the double chin. Nowadays, there are surgical procedures which can eliminate your double chin but they can be expensive and not safe. Therefore, in this today’s article, healthyguide will share many effective ways on how to reduce double chin and face fat with you. You should carefully take a look and get useful information that will help you a lot.
Below are top 13 simple and easy ways on how to reduce double chin in a week that you should not skip.
How To Get Rid Of Milia At Home / How To Get Rid Of Spots On Face Fast
The first of top 13 effective ways on how to reduce double chin fast and naturally is your diet plan. A poor diet is at a high risk of developing a double chin. Hence, you need to try and change a few your eating habits. You should include healthier foods which contain a lot of vitamins B and E. At the same time, limit the calorie intake. Because cleaning up the diet and eating healthier can be an amazing way to lose weight, thereby reducing or eliminating your double chin completely.
In addition, you should avoid things such as coffee, alcohol, tea, and carbonated drinks because they may be responsible for increased water retention. You need to avoid eating fatty foods, sugar, sodium, and junk food. Instead of this, you eat more fiber, low-calorie food, fresh fruits, and vegetables. Besides, eat foods high in vitamin E including brown rice, barley, rye, beans, soy beans, legumes, green, wheat germ oil, leafy vegetables, nuts, apples, sweet corn, and dairy products.
See more: How To Increase Breast Size Naturally
2. Cocoa Butter
Another way on how to reduce double chin naturally and fast is to use cocoa butter. It is a great emollient that has the ability to soften your skin. The presence of the fatty acids in cocoa butter is able to hydrate and improve the elasticity of the skin. This will keep your skin supple and help to get rid of the double chin. Moreover, cocoa butter is also high in antioxidants which are good for your skin.
- You take several tablespoons of cocoa butter and put it in your microwave so that it becomes slightly warm.
- Then you gently massage the warm cocoa butter into your double chin and neck for a few minutes.
- You should do this 2 times a day, one before bathing in the morning and another at night before going to sleep.
Learn more: How To Get Rid Of Hiccups Fast
3. Egg Whites
An egg white face mask is one of the simple and easy ways on how to reduce double chin fast and naturally. Egg white contains the albumin which assists in tightening and toning your skin, thereby getting rid of your double chin. For extra benefits, you can add several ingredients such as honey, milk, lemon juice to the egg white mask. These contents will aid in nourishing your skin and rendering a natural glow. Therefore, the application of egg white will gives your skin an instant facelift, particularly for sagging mature skin.
- First of all, you make a mask by mixing 2 egg whites, 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, raw milk, and honey.
- Then you add several peppermint essential oil drops (optional) to the mixture.
- Now, you directly apply this mask to your skin around your neck and chin area.
- You keep it on for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
- The mask should be done once a day for best results.
Read more: How To Get Rid Of A Black Eye Naturally
4. Chin Exercises
Chin exercises are one of the wonderful ways on how to reduce double chin in a week because they can help to tone and stretch your face, jaw muscles, and neck, thereby aiding in eliminating your double chin. Furthermore, these exercises are also beneficial in strengthening your chin as well as neck muscles and relieving stiffness.
Method 1: Roll The Neck
Exercises related to neck roll will assist in stretching the neck, jaw muscles, and throat. At the same time, they also help you release pain and shoulder tension.
- At the first step, you stand straight and turn the head to the left slowly while inhaling. Bring your chin close to the left shoulder.
- Now, you turn the head to the right slowly while exhaling. Bring your chin close to the right shoulder.
- You continue rolling the head 5 to 6 times.
- Then you turn your head downwards slowly while inhaling. Bring your chin close to the chest.
- You turn the head upwards slowly while exhaling until you get a gentle stretch.
- You also continue rolling the head 5 to 6 times.
- The exercise should be repeated regularly for satisfied results.
Method 2: Lift The Chin
- Firstly, you also stand straight and then tilt your head and neck backward to look towards your ceiling.
- Now, you star closing the lips to stretch your skin even more.
- You keep the position for about 5 seconds.
- Next, you look ahead to relax the head and neck.
- You raise and lower your head 5 to 8 times.
- You should do this 4 to 5 times a day to hide your double chin.
Method 3: Jaw Movement
- You open your mouth and move the lower jaw from left to right 5 times.
- You move again from right to left 5 times.
- The method should be done 4 to 5 times regularly to notice the improvements.
Method 4: Platysma Muscle
At the front of your neck and under your chin is the position of the platysma muscle. If the muscle starts sagging, it will create an awful double chin. Therefore, this exercise helps you tone the platysma muscle.
- You firstly stand straight and then pull your lips backward and forward against your teeth in order to turn the corners of your mouth downwards.
- Now, you hold the open mouth and make sure your lips are pressed tightly against your teeth.
- Next, you move your lower jaw from up to down 5 to 10 times.
- You should repeat this daily to get the best results.
Method 5: Say Vowels
- You pronounce several vowels widely and loudly.
- You repeat this 10 times regularly to get rid of double chin.
Method 6: Hang Your Head
- At the first procedure, you lie on a sofa or a bed and then hang the head over the edge.
- Next, you lift your chin toward your chest and keep this for 10 seconds.
- You relax and repeat about 10 times.
- You should do the exercise regularly until your double chin is gone.
See more: How To Get Rid Of Headaches Naturally And Fast
5. Vitamin E
As you may know, Vitamin E is important for your skin health. This great ingredient is capable of increasing skin elasticity and tightening the sagging skin under the chin area. Another way on how to reduce double chin naturally and fast is to consume vitamin E daily. This will increase the elasticity as well as the skin’s general health. There are many food sources high in Vitamin E such as wheat germ oil, green leafy vegetables, brown rice, barley, legumes, dairy products, nuts and seeds, beans, peanuts, soybeans, and liver. You can include them in your diet plan.
To use Vitamin A for double chin, you should follow the method below:
- You take A Vitamin E capsule, cut it and squirt the gel on your palm.
- Then you gently apply this gel on your chin and neck.
- Now, you start massaging in upward motions for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- You keep the Vitamin E on your chin until you wash your face in the next time.
- You can massage with Vitamin E every day to notice the improvements.
Learn more: How To Get Rid Of Clogged Ears Naturally At Home
When it comes to the effective ways on how to reduce double chin in a week, melons are also used as an amazing remedy for your problem. A melon contains 95 percent of water and is a great source of vitamins and minerals. These nutrients work together to keep your skin hydrated and prevent flabby chin. Furthermore, anti-aging compounds and the antioxidant content in melon are perfect for all types of skin.
- Firstly, you blend melon pieces and extract fresh juice.
- Then you use a clean cotton ball to apply this liquid on your chin and neck.
- You allow it to sit on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finish by rinsing it off with warm water and pat dry.
- The method should be applied at least 2 times a day until your double chin is gone.
- For best results, you can add apple juice to melon juice and use this solution to gently massage the soft tissues around your jaw line.
Read more: How To Get Chubby Cheeks Naturally
7. Sugar Free Gum
One of the best ways on how to reduce double chin in a week is to keep the muscles of your face toned and make sure the muscles in the jaw line always workout. Therefore, to remove your double chin, you can chew sugarless gum. Simply do this a few times a day to say goodbye to your double chin as fast as possible. In addition, chewing sugar-free gum is also able to help you keep teeth and gums healthy.
8. Wheat Germ Oil
Regularly massaging your neck with wheat germ oil has been known as another excellent way on how to reduce double chin and face fat. This is because wheat germ oil is an abundance of vitamins E and B6, folic acid, nutrients, and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium. They have the ability to nourish and tighten your skin at the same time. Moreover, wheat germ oil is also able to break down fat under your skin layer and provide great nourishment to your sagging and aging skin.
- Before going to bed, you gently rub a small amount of wheat germ oil on your skin around the neck and chin area.
- Then you gently massage in upwards motions from your neck to your chin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- You keep it on your skin overnight so that the oil can do its work.
- You should repeat this regularly to soon get satisfied results in the appearance of the double chin.
Nowadays, Glycerin is widely used in skin care products cosmetics thanks to its hydrating properties. It is beneficial in improving the texture and elasticity of the skin while cleansing it. Hence, using the colorless liquid is a wonderful way on how to get rid of your double chin naturally.
- At the first procedure, you mix 1 tablespoon of glycerin, several drops of peppermint oil and 1/2 tablespoon of Epsom salt in a small bowl.
- By using a cotton pad, you apply this solution on your neck and chin area.
- Then you keep it on for a few minutes so that it can absorb into your skin.
- Finally, you rinse the area completely with cool water.
- You should do this 3 to 5 times every week to achieve positive results.
10. Green Tea
Another simple way on how to reduce double chin is green tea. The tea plays an important role in increasing metabolism, therefore helping you burn excess calories and fat from the body. This will assist in losing weight and reducing double chin naturally and safely. Besides, green tea also contains a plenty of toxin-eliminating antioxidants that are good for your health. So, you can choose a green tea flavor you like and use it in order to remove your double chin.
- You firstly heat a pan containing a cup of water. Before it boils, be sure that you turn off the heat.
- Now, you put a green tea bag into the hot water and allow it to brew for about five minutes.
- Then you simply drink the tea to feel the difference.
- You should start a new day with a glass of warm green tea and drink a few glasses throughout the day.
The last of top 13 ways on how to reduce double chin is milk. Because it contains a whole lot of nutrients vitamins, and minerals, it is useful in nourishing, hydrating, and toning your skin, especially areas around the neck and chin. In addition, milk is high in Selenium, an important constituent which contains anti-aging properties. This chemical element has the ability to increase the skin’s firmness and elasticity, thereby eliminating the double chin.
- You add 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk in a small bowl.
- By using your fingers, you apply milk on your double chin and start massaging gently for a couple of minutes.
- Then you rinse the milk off with warm water and pat dry.
- You should repeat a few times daily for several weeks until you get the best results.
- You can make a mixture including 4 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Then you mix these ingredients thoroughly and apply it on your chin area.
- You allow it to sit on for approximately 10 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- This remedy should be followed once a day to remove your flabby chin easily.
12. Olive Oil
As you may know, olive oil has many beauty benefits for thousands of years. The oil is used as a hair serum that has the ability to deep conditioner. Particularly, it also contains anti-aging properties which are helpful in reducing the appearance of the double chin.
- You take a small amount of olive oil and massage it over your chin and neck at each night before bed.
- You allow it to sit on overnight.
- You should apply the simple way to achieve the best results.
13. Chin Wraps
The last of top 13 effective ways on how to reduce double chin is to use chin wraps. This home remedy will help you reduce baggy skin and notice immediate results.
- By using a cotton ball, you apply mineral oil onto your chin.
- Then you wrap the chin with plastic wrap.
- You continue covering the wrap with a warm towel and leave it on for 45 minutes.
- You should do this daily to feel the difference.
Apart from the wonderful mentioned ways on how to reduce double chin naturally and fast, you should follow several additional tips below:
- You should improve your sitting posture by keeping your body straight, the head up, and neck erect.
- Eliminating a double chin will take some time. So, you can use a few smart tricks such as a strategic and beautiful hairstyle including long bob, layered waves, or an angled haircut in order to help your double chin become less noticeable.
- You try to reduce excess fat in the body as the double chin is caused by weight.
- An improper sleeping position can lead to double chin. You should use thin and smooth pillows to deal with the problem.
- The double chin may be removed by hydration. Hence, you need to apply any recommended moisturizer or lotion on your neck for hydration to reduce baggy skin.
This is all. Thank you for reading our whole writing. Following these excellent ways on how to reduce double chin fast and naturally is able to help you solve this problem. You just keep in mind in order to follow them regularly without fail to achieve positive results. However, if you do not get any relief from the double chin after applying 7 to 10 days, consult health care provider or your doctor as soon as possible because it may be caused by an underlying health problem.
Last but not least, we want to introduce to you another article about home remedies for sagging skin. This interesting writing includes 19 natural and effective ways to help us get rid of sagging skin on face and is published in our main How to page. It is very suitable to those who are dealing with this problem. Thus, let share it with your friends who are in this condition. Thank you so much!
Leave a Reply