High blood pressure, also called hypertension, is a concerning health issue that can cause heart attacks, kidney failure, and strokes. A blood pressure reading of 140/90 mm Hg or above is considered high. This is a very serious yet common problem that many people are facing all over the world every day. Thus, learning how to treat high blood pressure in elderly and young adults naturally at home is really a “must”.
List Of Best Tips On How To Treat High Blood Pressure In Elderly And Young Adults To Try Out!
In this article, Healthy Guide will show you some of the best natural remedies for high blood pressure that can be used in both adults and babies. So, if you or anyone else around you is facing this health issue, you should keep both of your eyes on this article right now.
Hypertension is often diagnosed as a person has a sustained high reading over a certain period of time.
Common trigger factors or contributing causes of hypertension are genetic factors, obesity, high salt intake, excessive drinking, lack of aerobic exercise, birth control pills, stress, pain relievers, adrenal disease, and kidney disease.
Medication is often prescribed for high blood pressure. You can also help control this health issue with simple natural remedies.
1. Coconut Water
This is the very first tip on how to treat high blood pressure naturally at home that everyone should not look down yet making use as soon as possible for good! People suffering from high blood pressure must keep their bodies always well hydrated. It is an ideal idea to consume about 8 – 10 glasses of water on a daily basis. Coconut water is especially good for lowering blood pressure.
A study  published in the West Indian Medical Journal in 2005 showed that coconut water, being high in vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium can aid a lot in decreasing the systolic blood pressure. Along with coconut water, you can also try using coconut oil to cook daily meals.
Coconut is also a fruit that has a bad reputation of increasing cholesterol. A recent report , nevertheless, claimed that coconut water is especially good for you if people suffering from hypertension.
- The water of coconut is an excellent source of Vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium that can aid a lot in lowering systolic pressure.
- Consume about eight to ten glasses of chilled coconut water with a dash of lemon and honey.
- It does not only appear as a refreshing drink for hot summer days but it will also lower your blood pressure levels.
- You can also try switching to cook with coconut oil, which is considered to be equally useful in reducing the blood pressure levels.
- Food cooked in coconut oil has a rich flavour and aroma that you will simply love!
2. How To Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally – Celery
The rich content of the phytochemical 3-N-butylphthalide contained in celery can greatly help in controlling high blood pressure. Phthalides can aid a lot in relaxing the muscles in and around the arterial walls, thus generating more space and letting the blood flow in without difficulty.
At the same time, it can aid a lot in reducing the stress hormones that constrict blood vessels, contributing to the hypertension problem.
Try to consume 1 stalk of celery along with 1 glass of water every day. If you prefer, you can munch on celery via the day. There are two easy ways on how to treat high blood pressure in young adults and elderly with the help of celery that people can make use at home with ease:
- Try consuming a lot of celery. Celery is a leafy veggie that is beneficial for your heart and also has a rich content of fibre.
- It has a lot of 3N butylphthalide – one type of photo chemical that can help to reduce the levels of blood pressure inside the body.
- Celery seeds are a natural diuretic that can help to remove the excess fluid from the blood, meaning that it will make the stress against your arterial walls come down and so does your blood pressure levels.
- Make sure that you will check with your dietician before introducing this into your diet because celery is very rich in sodium levels.
- If you cannot consume celery in the natural form, you can take them in oil or tablet form too.
Banana is a fruit that people suffering from the high blood pressure can consume on a regular basis to control it. Banana is very abundant in are potassium, which can help to lessen the effect of sodium.
Thus, try to consume 1 – 2 bananas every day food good, and this is also one of the best tips on how to treat high blood pressure in young adults and elderly that people should not look down at all costs! Along with bananas, you can try raisins, dried apricots, orange juice, currants, zucchini, spinach, cantaloupe, baked sweet potatoes, and winter squash.
While several health diets ask you to reduce the banana consumption due to their high potassium levels, you can safely consume two to three bananas per day to lower your blood pressure levels.
- Consume 1 glass of orange juice and 1 banana for breakfast together with normal cereal.
- By making just a few small modifications to your lifestyle and diet, you can live longer with a stronger heart. It is never too late to think about your own heart health.
- They also contain zero cholesterol and are low in sodium so that you should make it your great midday snack.
4. How To Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally – Garlic
Several studies  have claimed and proven blood pressure lowering power of garlic. Both cooked and raw garlic can aid a lot in controlling high blood pressure levels and at the same time reducing cholesterol levels.
Garlic can aid in relaxing blood vessels by boosting the hydrogen sulphide and nitric oxide production. There are two ways on how to treat high blood pressure in elderly and young adults you can make use with the help of garlic at home:
- You can try mixing 5 – 6 drops of garlic juice in 4 tsps. of water and take it two times per day.
- Eat 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves every day. You just can crush them using your own hands. Crushing garlic cloves can produce hydrogen sulfide, a compound that helps to improve the good blood flow, reduce the heart pressure, as well as remove gas. If you do not prefer consuming raw garlic or if it leads to a burning sensation, then take it along with 1 cup of milk.
5. How To Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally – Watermelon Seeds
Watermelon seeds have a compound known as ‘cucurbocitrin’, which can aid in widening the blood capillaries. At the same time, it can also help to boost the kidney function. This in turn can help to reduce blood pressure levels and also support a lot with arthritis.
Moreover, a Florida State pilot study  published in 2010 discovered that watermelon can aid a lot in lowering the blood pressure levels thanks to its vasodilatory impact.
- First, try adding 2 tsps. of gently crushed, dried watermelon seeds to a cup of boiled water. Allow it to steep for about 60 minutes, then strain it. Take 4 tbsps. of this water at regular intervals all over the day.
- Grind equal quantities of poppy seeds (khus khus) and dried watermelon seeds. Take 1 tsp. of this combination on an empty stomach in the morning and again in the evening.
Keep reading the article for more tips on how to treat high blood pressure naturally at home to apply with Healthy Guide!
6. How To Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally – Lemons
Lemon can aid in keeping the blood vessels pliable and soft and by removing any rigidity, the blood pressure levels could be reduced. Moreover, people can lower their own risks of heart failure by consuming lemon juice on a regular basis, thanks to its abundant content of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can aid a lot in neutralizing the harmful effects of free radicals.
You just need to consume 1 cup of warm water with the juice from ½ lemon added to it on an empty stomach every morning. To achieve the best results, do not add sugar or salt.
Lemon finds its way as a great tip on how to treat high blood pressure as well as for most ailments. They can really help to reduce your BP levels within a very short time period.
- Lemon keeps the blood vessels very pliable and soft by removing rigidity in the arteries.
- It is also abundant in anti-oxidants that can help in making other cells healthy!
- Lemon also brings more strength to the capillaries. In short, lemon is an ideal heart health tonic.
- Simply prepare 1 warm cup of lemon juice and consume it up on an empty stomach.
- Being abundant in Vitamin B , the lemon juice can help to lower the risks of a heart attack!
7. How To Treat High Blood Pressure In Young Adults & Elderly – Onion Juice
Onion has also been discovered and proven to lower your blood pressure levels thanks to the presence of its quercetin – a well-known antioxidant flavonol needed for the body.
- Try consuming 1 medium-sized, raw onion every day.
- You can also try mixing ½ tsp. each of honey and onion juice and take it two times per day for 1 – 2 weeks.
8. Cayenne Pepper
Another tip on how to treat high blood pressure naturally with ease is the use of cayenne pepper in everyday life. People who are suffering from mild hypertension can actually benefit from consuming cayenne pepper. It can really help in smoothing the blood flow by preventing platelets from accumulating in the blood and clumping together.
You can try adding some cayenne pepper to a veggie or fruit salad, or adding a pinch to a bowl of your favourite soup. As cayenne pepper is quite spicy, you just need to use a little bit.
9. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds is a useful natural ingredient that can work well as a remedy when it comes to how to treat high blood pressure in young adults and elderly thanks to their high dietary fibre and potassium content.
- Boil 1 – 2 tsps. of fenugreek seeds in water within about 2 minutes, and then strain it.
- Place the seeds into a blender and combine it well to create a paste.
- Consume the paste 2 times per day, once in the evening and once in the morning on an empty stomach. Follow this natural cure for 2 – 3 months to see a significant improvement in the blood pressure levels.
In addition to using these natural cures as part of home remedy for high blood pressure, it is essential to follow the medical and dietary advice of your doctor and go for regular checkups.
Honey  can help a lot in reducing the pressure from the heart and it also contains a calming effect on blood vessels, hence it is very useful for reducing high blood pressure as well.
- Eat 2 tsps. of honey every morning on an empty stomach.
- You can also try combining 1 tsp. each of ginger juice and honey with 2 tsps. of cumin seed powder. Consume it 2 times per day.
- Another useful tip on how to treat high blood pressure in elderly and young adults with honey is to combine honey and basil juice in equal amounts and have it on an empty stomach every day.
11. Drink Vegetable Juices
- Fruits that are abundant in sugars should be avoided if you are a patient of the high blood pressure issue.
- While consuming juice is beneficial, you need to understand what will benefit you and which can pose harms to your health and body. Nevertheless, the juice of carrots, parsley, and spinach is rich abundant in chemicals that can help to reduce the blood pressure.
- It is suggested to have 2 glasses of veggie juice per day to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Add 1 tsp. of honey to the juice if you find it unpalatable!
12. How To Treat High Blood Pressure In Young Adults & Elderly – Fish
Fish are an excellent source of lean protein. Fatty fish, such as salmon and mackerel, are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can aid a lot in lowering the blood pressure, reducing inflammation, and lowering triglycerides. Besides these fish sources, trout has a rich content of vitamin D as well. Foods rarely have vitamin D, and this hormone-like vitamin has properties that can aid a lot in lowering blood pressure levels.
One advantage of preparing fish is that it is easy to flavour and cook. To try it, try placing a fillet of salmon in parchment paper and season with olive oil, lemon, and some herbs. Bake the fish in a preheated oven at 450°F within about fifteen minutes.
For people who are suffering from the high blood pressure issue, consuming seafood can be an ideal way to lower their own risks of heart disease. Salmon is an especially beneficial choice as it is very healthy and lean. It also has omega-3 fatty acids, which are sometimes known as fish oils. Consuming these omega-3 oils can aid a lot in reducing the blood pressure levels over time. The way salmon is prepared can influence the healthiness of the dish. Nevertheless, you should make sure to avoid frying or breading the fish. Instead, try baking, grilling, or broiling the salmon and adding healthy, low-sodium seasoning like lemon or garlic to them. Keep reading the entire article for more useful tips on how to treat high blood pressure in young adults and elderly naturally at home and learn why you should make use of them instead of using medications and pills!
13. How To Treat High Blood Pressure In Young Adults & Elderly – Dark Chocolate
A study  published in 2015 discovered that consuming dark chocolate is associated with a CVD (lower risk for cardiovascular disease). The study suggested that up to 100g per day of dark chocolate can lead to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
Dark chocolate has more than 60% cocoa solids and has less sugar than regular chocolate. You can try adding dark chocolate to yogurt or consume it with fruits; for example, raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries as a healthy dessert.
14. How To Treat High Blood Pressure In Young Adults & Elderly – Limit Alcohol Intake
Small to moderate amounts of alcohol can also aid a lot in lowering the blood pressure levels. However, drinking too much alcohol can rise your blood pressure as well. Drinking too much may also increase your risks of getting a lot of cancers, even for those drinking just occasionally.
Alcohol can also help in preventing any blood pressure medications you may be taking from working efficiently. Besides, alcohol is full of calories, must be metabolized by the liver, and can even cause unintentional weight gain. People who are overweight or obese are more likely to suffer from high blood pressure.
If you drink too often or need help cutting back, consult your doctor for medical help and advice.
This is the last yet the most effective tip on how to treat high blood pressure in young adults and elderly that we would like to introduce in the entire article and people should make use as soon as possible for good!
Beets are one of the best food sources that can help in reducing the blood pressure levels, and the good news is that you do not even need to consume them on a frequent basis to achieve the desired results. Just 1 glass of beet juice can help in dropping systolic blood pressure by several points in just 2 – 3 hours. Making fresh beets and beet juice a solid part of your daily diet can give you chances to reduce your own risks of heart disease by consistently keeping the blood pressure at a lower rate. The nitrates contained in beets can aid a lot in preventing the stroke and heart attack, which are common issues for people who are suffering from the high blood pressure issue.
After reading this interesting article, we hope that all of my readers can find some of the best solutions helpful to deal with the symptoms of high blood pressure. Actually, all of the home remedies for high blood pressure that we mentioned above are safe and effective in treating the high blood pressure symptoms without causing any unwanted side effects. Therefore, you can feel secure when applying any of these home remedies. Now, if you know other effective tips on how to treat high blood pressure in elderly and young adults, you can share them with us by leaving your comments in the comment section below.